Create Account

Lockerroom Talk - Brandon to STL

Hello I am Seth Lockerroom with the St. Louis Star Sports. This offseason has been crazy with trades and signings it has been very exciting. This year your Scarecrows made some moves to acquire a top offensive talent in Lesgo Brandon from the former Anaheim Outlaws now rebranded Yukon Malamutes. Brandon only cost STL a 4th round in S67. That is an amazing deal for a player who is going on season 4 and is capped for this year. He will come in and make a immediate impact in this solid young lineup. I had the honor of interviewing our new Crow, here is how it went down:

Lockerroom: What was your initial reaction to being traded?

Brandon: Well @Fluw was really good about keeping me in the loop on the trade. He asked me if I was ok with being traded so they could help the rebuild process, and I said sure, I just wanted ANA to grow. He came back saying STL was interested and I approved. I loved the color scheme and see STL having a young solid squad I could fit in with.

Lockerroom: Great to hear that! What are you looking forward to in your final season in the juniors?

Brandon: Honestly, just fun! I want to perform to the best of my ability while growing in this locker room and building friendships. I see us making a playoff run and possibly a deep one.

Lockerroom: Here in St Louis we have struggled for the last while. We haven’t had a winning season since S54, how do you feel about that?

Brandon: Change is coming ? rebuilds take time. I look at the Florida Panthers and I remember they used to be laughed at for how bad they were. Now they are the best team in the league. Time heals all wounds and brings back championships ? I see growth in STL I remember my first or second year in the J STL lost their like first 10 games and now this year they hit the playoffs..great leadership in STL making great moves and changes to improve.

Lockerroom: That’s wonderful to hear! We are trying our best to contend too. Now we are nearing the start of a new season. What do you like to do in the offseason?

Brandon: I actually keep up on earning as much as I can and love the WJC/IIHF. While I am not prepping for the season I love getting some golf in when its summer and snowmobiling in the winter months.

Lockerroom: Now, moving onto next season. What role do you envision yourself playing on the team?

Brandon: Whatever role I am needed Smile. I was placed in the 1st Line Scoring slot and PP worker in ANA but I feel every team is different and I have a pretty balance player, so I am ready for which ever roles the GMs want me to play!

Lockerroom: What do you expect from yourself playing wise this season?

Brandon: I would like to break last years stats .. I would like to keep watching my player better every stat category in all my seasons in the J so surpassing 26G 24A 50P +1 216SOG and 80 HITS

Lockerroom: How about in the future with Tampa Bay?

Brandon: I feel going into TBB it will be similar to rookie in the J. I will be limited on TOI and I will just watch and soak up as much information as I can to help my player grow and mold into the player TBB needs of me to best help the team.

Lockerroom: How has your experience been so far with the SHL as a whole?

Brandon: For the most part it has been really good! I love sports so much and the league really brings that fun, competitive, creative style to simulation. I came in with no expectations since this is my first ever simulation league, and now I am really diving into SHL and soon starting a PBE player Smile.

Lockerroom: What has been your favorite aspect of simulation leagues?

Brandon: I would say watching the Sims and hearing the goal horn for your team and my players name flash at the bottom lol. I also have a lot of fun in locker rooms. I like meeting new people from all over and different backgrounds. I will say since I am getting into more the scouting and stuff I don't think a leadership role is far off in the future.

Lockerroom: Nice to see you get more and more involved! In St. Louis, we had a solid draft last season and are looking to build upon that. We are aiming to contend this season and play some competitive games. Where do you think you fit in our overall picture?

Brandon: I am hoping I can be a integral part of this season and really help push for more improvement for the team. Where ever that means I line up in the roster, I just want to help the best I can

Lockerroom: Alright last question, You mentioned you were scouting for TBB, how has being involved in an upper management role been for you?

Brandon: It has been brief but good so far. I have always found myself landing in a leadership role. My personality is pretty selfless so helping others has always been big for me and when I can bring something to the table I like to help.

There you have it, we look to see great things this season from Brandon and our Crows. He really brings a strong leadership presence to the team. He held the "C" for Anaheim the last two years so he will definitely be able to bring a strong influence to a growing team.

Until next time,

Seth Lockerroom
St. Louis Star Sports

(974 Words)

[Image: image.png?ex=65728e45&is=65601945&hm=aa5...7eb2e58f9&][Image: vanbiesbrouck_ff.png?ex=6578c8f6&is=6566...a506d1cd1&]
Sig by adamantium