Create Account

S65 PT #0: Close Encounters of the Sixty-Fifth Kind

Despite having her passport since the age of 13, Isabella Bouchard’s first time leaving the country was for her first college away game. It wasn’t ever her first college game. That was played at home. Since Isabella went to college at Simon Fraser University, one the few Canadian teams in the NCAA circuit, it was inevitable that she would travel outside her native country. Her first time doing so was particularly memorable.

It wasn’t a far journey. Just a trip down to Spokane to play with the local college there for some early season conditioning. It was supposed to be quick. Unfortunately, after a few nervous glances at her teammates, and a mix-up in paperwork, Isabella found herself in an interrogation room with border officers for an additional 3 hours before being allowed back on the bus with her team. While Border Police never officially explained what the mix-up was, the delay caused the team to miss their scheduled match time, and the team would up turning the bus around shortly after Isabella boarded. To say it was an embarrassing situation for Isabella would be putting it lightly. But the determined freshman would channel those moments and put together one of the better Freshman seasons that have been seen in the NCAA

Code:
212 words

[Image: bouch22.jpg?ex=65381617&is=6525a117&hm=6...178839271&] [Image: VGl3CB4.png]

Written Task: Tell me about the coolest or weirdest thing that has ever happened to your player. Maybe it's hockey related, maybe it's not, but I want to give you a chance to add to your player's cannon. What's their most interesting story? Do they tell it to everyone for a laugh? Or is it something they keep on the hush? Get creative with this! (150+ words)

The coolest story for Paul Koivu literally just happened. He was lucky enough to be playing for Canada in the World Junior Cup, and to be one of the best player on the team. Canada managed, with the power of the many Koivus, to win the Gold medal. Now I know, a gold medal is nothing really special, one team gets it every year, it is not really that could. But this run was a real special one for Paul. The team had a perfect run. They did not even lose a game. They went perfect in the regular season with 12 win and 0 losses. Not even an over time win or loss. And then, they won the quarter finals and the semis finals. And final they won the gold against Finland, in overtime. This run is unbelievable, never done before, and probably will never happen ever again. And Paul Koivu was one of the main protagonist, and he will be able to tell his children and grand-children about this run.

172 words

[Image: BriePK.gif]
|Canada |Steelhawks| Armada|

|Canada| Inferno| Knights|

[Image: unknown.png]

PBE PT

Long before his career in the SMJHL, I spent a copious amount of time out to sea aboard a number of different ships, sometimes for weeks on end. My Irish upbringing and deep heritage left me with little time on the land, and many days asea. One night while I was perusing the outer decks of a particular vessel, I was taking in the evening lights and just the calmness of being out of earshot from the bustling cities of Ireland. Under the moonlight, the sound slowly drifted away despite travelling further and louder over the water. Sooner than I imagined, it was almost deafeningly silent; you couldn't even hear the sound of the engine on the very ship I was riding. It occurred only for a split second before the rush of nature's white noise filled the air again, but for a small moment I was in complete, and thorough silence. It has never happened again.

Code:
Words: 150+

Player Page || Update Page

[Image: a5C9JXf.png]

CERTIFIED THREAD KILLER
MONTREAL IMPACT FOREVER

The weirdest thing that has happened to Ryuuji Minamino in his career is the fact that on his junior draft day, somehow he was still able to be selected, despite all scouts having little to no information on the guy. Even leading up to the draft, scouts would try to see his game only for him to either not be available or be scratched during those games. It was a real Taro Tsujimoto vibe as not even being able to see the player made people question whether the player even existed. If anything, him not being drafted at all might have been an unsurprising result were it not for the fact that on draft day, he was wandering around the arena and trying to find the entrance. It was thanks to @KlusteR the head scout at the time in Newfoundland who happened to notice the lad lurking around the various locked doors and realized that this was an actual player. Running quickly to his war room, they were able to snatch up their future co captain and 4 Star Cup leader.

[Image: 1rdovVs.gif]

[Image: X6NDpNM.png][Image: 6eXcLdf.png]

Prompt 2: Written

Esa Parmborg has been around the league a while now dating back to S46/47. He was a 1st overall pick to Halifax in the SMJHL draft and then auto GM pick to Calgary in the SHL draft. He's had a great career and a lot of fun stories along the way. One that stands out is the time he put Icy hot in teammate Kata Vilde's jock strap back in S52 before a game. Poor Vilde had no idea and went out on the ice before he knew something was wrong, about 5 minutes into the first period after he began to work up a sweat, his balls were on fire. Vilde was seen in the net constantly adjusting his jock while the puck was at the other end of the ice, then during the first tv time out he went racing off the ice with his hands down his pants and into the locker room. Trainers said he had to sit in an ice bath for the entire first period then take a shot shower with heavy duty soap before the icy hot was fully eliminated and he could play again. Vilde returned for the start of the 2nd period and then went on to make 20 saves and win the game. Esa Parmborg takes credit for the win thanks to his Icy Hot prank.

---> ParmBorg Highlights <---
[Image: cgv4vCv.png] Goal[Image: 95lCCDx.png]
[Image: parmborg.gif]

[Image: steelhead77.gif]

#1 All-Time SHL Goal & Point Scorer 
- First 2,000 TPE Player in SHL History - 
- First 400 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- Only 500 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- First GM to Win 5 & 6 Challenge Cups -
Esa Anrikkanen Award - SMJHL ROY - Est. S34
Vidrik Onoprienko Award Winner - S45

Dragonite[Image: 271.png][Image: 291.png][Image: 321.png][Image: 401.png][Image: 42banner2.png][Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png] Dragonite

Prompt 2

Jeff has been through a J career that most players dream of, getting 3 four-stars and posting a great stat line on a great team. Now, he heads to the rebuilding Manhattan Rage to hopefully live out the rest of his playing career. The team switch has definitely been the biggest thing in Jeff's career. Saying goodbye to teammates has been common in a league full of change and short stays or careers, but this time saying goodbye to a stellar front office and entire team of players that have now become enemies, opponents on the ice. Despite being on other teams, the team still keeps in touch in a group chat. The new team and front office are just as good, and hopefully Jeff can add on to his championship list here in Manhattan. Speaking of which, Manhattan is a whole new place for Jeff, who spent the bulk of his career (everything post-J draft) in Newfoundland, Canada. Growing up in BC and moving to NL was pretty difficult, but now a whole new country for Jeff to explore. He loves New York, and is known for spending lots of time with his new teammates, and will try for a sparkling rookie campaign despite forgetting to update first week.

Links: Updates | Player Page | Bank

PBE Affiliate

[Image: uMyJK4x.png]

The weirdest thing that has happened in Pablo Salvatici's career was the modelling gig he did during his rookie season. He was very short on cash and needed anything he could get so he did some modelling for a startup Atlanta clothing company. He did his best to make sure his teammates never found out about it so they wouldn't make fun of him for it but they found out very quickly and did indeed make fun of him. His team now shows it to all rookies and they get to make fun of him for the whole season. He takes it in good fun because what else can he really do. Now he has plenty of money and has continued to do some modelling for that company that has now gotten big. He's helping them because they helped him and he's glad to make his teammates laugh with the story.

[Image: Jepox.gif]

RESO: ........the coolest thing that happened to me.....honestly, just having an admirer of mine among some of the new starts on Ice. And even better for it to be one from my home lands.

I think the moment went like this: I was just with Emeka in his home in Colorado. Yes, the usual cousin bickering was going on, but what else is new these days? One of us manags to play ice and the other is a rather fresh yet respectable agent. Still, I wanted to enjoy the moments we shared when we got a call from our old friend Johnny Hamilton. It was great to hear his voice and catch up, but I think he just swept mine and Emeka's feet when he wanted us to come to the S64 Draft. Not for something major, but just to meet the new african star, and more familarly from Nigeria as well. His name was M'Baku Olubori.

I don't think either of us said much after getting stunned from the news , but........yeah, I never thought we had any admirers, let alone M'Baku. And funilly enough, at the draft, I think he was also stunned from just meeting us. Funny for us since he just screams confidence. I think from that moment, we just kicked off in Pidgin English, talking lots from our time on ice to what soup is the best (Emeka still claims its Egusi soup.......he's wrong, Okra soup is better). It must have gone for hours, but by the end of the day, I think my pride went up. But don't tell Emeka, I don't want to show it.

@hhh81

[Image: ProjectSaint.gif]
Sig Credit: Flappy (EVO) and Skolpaddor (RESO)

EMEKA VALENTINE-OKOLI/PLAYER

First SMJHL Goal: Colorado Raptors, Emeka Valentine-Okoli 1 (Mikelis Ozoliņš 4, Loki Odinsson 3) at 3:12, 2nd Period (GWG) / SMJHL S47 Game 47 Day 12: Colorado Raptors vs Detroit Falcons
First SHL Goal: Texas Renegades, Emeka Valentine-Okoli 1 (Josef Kubinec 5, Ricky Spanish 4) at 16:23, 2nd Period / SHL S51 Game 71 Day 16: Edmonton Blizzard vs Texas Renegades

Eternal RaptorsRaptors Old, onwards we roll Rage

And Let's Retire at the Pinnacle

The coolest and or weirdest thing that has ever happened to my player must have happened while I was on the Atlanta Inferno, home of your Atlanta Inferno. If I really have to dive deep into what was the coolest or even what was the weirdest thing that happened to my player I would have to say alien invasion. When I was walking home from the rink one night, I was sucked up into a space ship and probed. The asked me all kinda of questions too. They asked where I was wrong, what hockey was. Who the Atlanta Inferno were. Great guys over all. I ended up giving them some tickets to our next game, set them up in a box and everything, told them to come visit me after. They dropped me off close to home, cheaper than an uber. Really fiscally responsible. Might have to get picked up by them again another time, maybe this time bring some of the guys with me so that they'll believe me.

[Image: j2h9XpS.png]
Thanks to JSS for the signature

[Image: ohmEd0h.png][Image: apAE8qn.png]

Going into this spooky alternate universe, ya gotta feel like the SHL version of the Tampa Bay Barracuda falls either on the Oilers or Leafs shoulder. Two franchises that have both fallen upon great lottery luck with picking, or at least having the chance to pick, multiple top flight superstars. Combined with a high focus on those high draft picks not translating into cups, it seems like a natrual fit.

As for who Axel Foley represents I'll lean into the Leafs angle and say T.J. Brodie. Just in terms of career trajectory--spending a lot of time with an Albertan team before by some way, shape, or form ending up in the east. I want to imagine they both play the same way as well. Good, perhaps great at most aspects of the game without any clear-cut weakeness--the perfect compliment to a top pairing defender, or the perfect man to bolster the 2nd pairing into working above its weight on paper. Foley and Brodie aren't gonna win any major league individual trophies, nor will they be considered the best defensemen on their team at any given point, but they are both dependable in all 3 zones and can chip in effectively.

[Image: mazatt.gif]

[Image: KhdDH3Q.png] [Image: q4PM2XX.png]