Create Account

S65 PT #0: Close Encounters of the Sixty-Fifth Kind

PT pass because I simply do not look into the void.

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=65fe67b4&is=65ebf2b4&hm=a6...46085eb3f&]

HOCKEY PROMPT: After watching a lot of this NHL league, I’ve concluded that it’s quite hard to find a team that is close to us. The Toronto Maple Leafs are quite close, since we, like them, are centered around and you core, and we also have a lack of depth both on offense and defense. However, since we just reached the final of the SHL this, season, I can’t really compare us to the Maple Leafs, since they seem completely unable to win a playoff round. Also, we don’t have a large part of our salary cap being horde by three players. Colorado is another team that is close to us, however, we don’t perform anywhere close to their level during the regular season, even if we have reached a later stage of the playoffs than they ever did in recent years this season. They also have better depth than us salary cap problems that we don’t have. So, we are like the Toronto Maple Leafs, but we perform during the playoffs.

170 words

Nor Ge

Salzberger Lillehammersson
norway Inferno World Falcons

Anders Christiansen
[Image: inferno.png] [Image: dragons.png] [Image: wolfpack2.png] [Image: stars.png] [Image: Dxdffra.png] [Image: hGKuRrv.png] [Image: sAx3Llh.jpg] [Image: firebirds.png]

Hockey prompt:

As Mat Smith stared into the void showing this parallel universe's "NHL" (stupid name for a league), he couldn't help but spot some similarities between the two worlds. First, he himself resembled a goalie named Matt Murray and had a similar name to another goalie named Mike Smith, but his career trajectory looked more like the latter half of a completely different goalie named Craig Anderson, where he'd alternate between great seasons and below average seasons. Second, there was a different team in Chicago named the Blackhawks, but with a racist logo like the Monarchs used to have, and other than some success a little while ago there isn't much else that was similar between the two teams. The team that would be most comparable to the Syndicate right now would probably be the Tampa Bay Lightning, a relatively newer team who are the defending back to back "Stanley Cup" champions, have been near the top of the league for a little while, but haven't been as dominant in recent years as one or two other teams like the Pittsburgh Penguins (Hamilton Steelhawks). There were also some other teams with some similarities to the Syndicate, such as the Detroit Red Wings, who changed conferences, and the Boston Bruins, who have similar colours. Both teams also have a history of success, particularly in recent years, but are also very old and storied franchises.

[Image: Mat10Man.gif]

[Image: bhLfeta.png][Image: UbL0bdg.png]

The weirdest thing that has happened to me in my career happened on the road, the morning of game day. We had a game against the Seattle Argonauts that night, but coach wanted us on the ice in the morning to clean up a couple of things from last game.

I entered the address of the practice facility in my GPS and set off to the rink. As I was driving, I was noticing that I was going into a rough looking part of town. It's almost like the other side of the train tracks as they say. I felt like I had taken a wrong turn somewhere, but I trust the GPS so I continued. It got more and more sketchy until I pulled up to a rundown arena. I parked the car and got out, only to see a broken down arena and the worn out logo of the now defunct Seattle Riot. The Riot famously had a rough go of it in the SHL and they eventually moved out of Seattle and became the current Tampa Bay Barracuda. I walked up to the doors and just saw an abandoned rink, it was quite an eerie feeling.

I lost track of time, drove to the current practice facility that Argonauts use and had to explain to coach what happened. I told him the GPS accidentally put in the old address for the practice rink and I drove there and then lost time just checking out the abandoned building. Here's the scary part, though. Coach didn't believe my story because apparently that rink was demolished years ago and the road leading to it had been removed and blocked off.

I pleaded my case that I saw the arena and even convinced him to come with to the location. As I drove back to show him, there it was. Open field, blocked off road, no arena. Coach wasn't amused and benched me for the first period of the game that night.

To this day, I have no idea what happened that morning...

(342 words)

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
0-0-0
Regular Season - [G 0] [A 0] [Pts 0] [+/- 0] [PIM 0] [Hits 0] [SB 0]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

PT pass

[Image: jay2233.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @High Stick King and @Maxy for the sigs!

Raptors Argonauts 
[Image: m59RPb7.png][Image: FcWmVTl.png]

Player Prompt

Agent Tesla: What is your most interesting or strangest story Dave?

Dave Heinrich: You have got to be bleeping kidding me.

Agent Tesla: Not in the slightest Dave and I would appreciate it if you could tone down the sass. So once again what is your best story Dave?

Dave Heinrich: Well you know there was this time that I sold my soul to win a Stanley Cup that would probably qualify as pretty interesting and strange for most people. Unfortunately for me it pales in comparison to the day that I was rescued from Hell by an abominable planeswalking terror that goes by Agent Tesla. While I had swiftly signed my soul away the first time because I was a stupid child in the grand scheme of reality; I was not even given a say the second time as my soul was handed off in return for getting Agent Tesla to leave my home dimension alone. After that I was forced to do the equivalent of climbing Mount Everest with a warm coat and a roll of duct tape. The fact I survived it all is a miracle and is definitely an interesting story.

Agent Tesla: No. I don't like that one. Give me a different one!

Dave Heinrich: I'm sorry what?

Agent Tesla: I. Said. Give. Me. A. Different. One.

Dave Heinrich: I don't have a different one to give you though? Uh, how about the time that I played hockey with a moose and a penguin?

Agent Tesla: Ha! How wacky and weird right studio audience? Exactly! That's all we have time for today, but thanks for joining us!

Code:
Word Count: 272
(This post was last modified: 05-09-2022, 06:29 PM by hhh81.)

One would describe M'Baku Olubori in many words—loud, aggressive, braggadocious, intense—he’s never one short on words, always running his mouth to entertain his peers or torment his opponents. This is a story where he was struck speechless.

Growing up in Abuja, Nigeria, there isn’t a ton of interest in ice hockey (and for a young person, even fewer players who looked like you). As he was learning the sport, Baku immediately felt drawn to the Okoli family—Emeka Valentine-Okoli and his nephew, Ren-Ekelemchi Shimizu-Okoli. Both played their junior hockey for the Colorado Raptors before going onto journeymen careers in the SHL (EVO with San Francisco and RESO with Seattle and Edmonton). On the surface, they certainly don’t seem like the sort of players that young people would look up to or idolize. Baku isn’t most people. He noted how hard they worked on the ice, regardless of the talent edge other players might have over them, and, at the end of the day, they were professional athletes that looked like Baku.

Baku never really expected to play in the SHL—he came to hockey later than many of his peers and lacked the opportunities for development, coaching, and international exposure many others in his age group had. Still, when the opportunity to sign with a pro agent in North America (the notorious Johnny Hamilton), he left the floundering Swiss juniors team he’d been playing with to take his chances. Much of the focus at the S64 SMJHL Draft was on Baku getting drafted 4th overall by the Regina Elk, but the most memorable moment for Baku came the next day when Hamilton organized a surprise meeting between RESO, his uncle-agent EVO, and the young Olubori. You could see the swagger drain as he looked up and saw two of his childhood idols rise from their chairs to shake his hand.
The normally confident (some would say arrogant) young man turned immediately reverent, listening intently to the British-Nigerian-Japanese amalgamations tell stories and share advice. If asked, he would deny it, but anyone who saw the moment would be hard pressed to doubt this was one of the greatest moments of M'Baku’s life.

@ProjectSaint

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

Before his hockey career really took off, Ty Murphy was a part time chef at a small restaurant on a college campus.  This restaurant was very popular because it was the only eatery open past 3 AM.  All of the bars on campus have last call around 3 AM, so you can imagine what kind of clientele usually came through the restaurant.  Murphy liked to keep it light with his coworkers, they would always play the penis-showing-game and get trashed while they closed down shop.  One time, his sous chef got so wasted he locked himself in the bathroom and Murphy had to sleep on the floor of the restaurant until a locksmith opened in the morning.  Another time, a very drunk man came in with a half-eaten buffalo chick sandwich.  He was irate, screaming about the moldy chick he had on his order.  Upon further review of the sandwich, Murphy revealed that it was in fact just the extra blue cheese crumbles the customer had ordered.  What a fucking idiot right? Not in that restaurant.  There, he was merely considered an average jo.

[Image: murphy2.png]
[Image: NI78UUy.png?width=400&height=267]
[Image: Skree.gif]

Hockey Prompt

This was the question I have been waiting for! Since the recent trade to the STL I have been really looking over the roster and our latest draft. The best comparison I can make with a NHL team would have to be the ANA Ducks. The are also just finishing up a rebuild but also maintaining competitive play while doing so. They have that young prospect group that has so much talent and a mix of veterans who are really helping the youth develop. The next few years in ANA is going to be alot like the Crows. There will be some tough games against more established teams but a jump in the standings each year and a really solid future to come. The additions to the Ducks with Drysdale are alot like that of STL's Truck and Baltisberger. There are other teams you could compare to this group that have a handful of youth looking to take the next step it just seems like a perfect fit with ANA.

(175 Words)

[Image: image.png?ex=65728e45&is=65601945&hm=aa5...7eb2e58f9&][Image: vanbiesbrouck_ff.png?ex=6578c8f6&is=6566...a506d1cd1&]
Sig by adamantium

prompt 1

A screaming purple void is just another Tuesday for Evgeni. Looking into the void, he sees this player talking about the universe and space being so “humungous beeg” called Ilya Bryzgalov. He just stares at him intently, comparing all the weird things he does to himself, pondering if he really just is a crazy goalie. Evgeni responds by flipping back into bed and ignoring the travesty he sees called the NHL. As for the Atlanta Inferno NHL comparison, there’s a few options. A young team on the upswing with a nice blend of old vets to accompany it, I’d likely say the Los Angeles Kings are the closest team we have to that. With the old guard on the way out, like Dustin Brown and Eko Van Otter, and the new people on the way in, like Quinton Byfield and Shoyo Hinata, there’s a lot of similarities between the two, especially when you compare the brick walls in net for each team.

[Image: S38oOt3.png][Image: of1yZSs.png]
[Image: JzmdDrE.png]

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: m38.gif]
Update Thread - Player Page
Update Scale

Former players:
Ivo Willems (S9 SMJHL) (S10-28 SHL)  
Xander Green  (S33-35 SMJHL) (S36-47 SHL)
Vorian Atreides (S49-51 SMJHL) (S52-61 SHL)

2nd prompt

WOW! Leviadan! this is some really good stuff man, thank you for asking this one. I can't wait to do more of your great point tasks. The San Francisco Pride you ask? They're a lot like, should i say, maybe, the Vancouver Canucks? Yeah! Both teams are on the west coast, they've both had their little moments of success here and there but have been largely mediocre over their decently long histories. Like the Canucks, however, the Pride are on the rise (a little bit of a rhyme for all my rhyme enjoyers out there). Uh oh! Watch out for some vets like Walton Stromberg (J.T. Miller), Jacky Klomps as I call him (Conor Garland), but also a couple youngins such as Miggy "Humongous" Hefeweizen (Elias Pettersson) and Y, as in Y is he here, Simonsson (someone really bad!). One thing that can be said, no doubt about it, is these two teams both have a good future on their hands.

[Image: ili5NZ2.png]

Player Page
Update Page

"Long" John Donair isn't necessarily the character of the Panthers - and he wasn't the most outspoken captain in Anaheim Outlaws history. He's really tried to lead by an even-keeled, stoic example of what he feels a hockey player should be. But getting his nickname while on the Milwaukee Power of the NA3HL was a funny story. Donair is not originally from the midwest. In the midwest United States, there are special kinds of donuts called "Long Johns". These are essentially eclairs without any filling. Donair was taken to a local donut place where a teammate of his said, "Hey! Donair sounds a lot like donut!". Another teammate responded with "Well he looks more like a long john", to which the entire team started laughing. John, out of the loop, quickly revealed he didn't know what a Long John was. That led to a standard midwestern [read: hour-long] conversation about different kinds of donuts. On top of all that, his actual last name is that of a savory dish; it's just contradictory and complicated all around.

Player Prompt 1

Great prompt! I believe the Texas Renegades resemble quite a few teams currently in this other dimension hockey league, known as the NHL. Firstly we must discuss what the Renegades were and who they are now. The Texas Renegades are a storied franchise that have been around since S10 of the SHL. With 6 Challenge Cups to their name, the Renegades have established themselves as one of the more premier franchises in the league. They are just coming off 2 Challenge Cup wins in the last 5 seasons and are entering a rebuild to gear up for more Cups in the near future. Comparing this to the NHL, the Boston Bruins are an original six team, have also won the cup 6 times in their existence and are still a force to reckon with today. Comparatively, the New York Rangers have begun a strong rebuild with high 1st round picks and look to be make waves for the foreseeable future. Under Yagoyi, the Renegades look to establish themselves yet again at the top of the league once the rebuild is complete in only a few short seasons. 

Word Count: 187

[Image: takethehorizon.gif]
[Image: IdMkYiH.png]

[Image: NIYtQkE.png] [Image: NjFSX1z.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-10-2022, 09:31 AM by SewingWithNancy. Edited 1 time in total.)

Player Prompt

With Sean Gatez heading to Maine for his first year in the SMJHL out of college in Colorado, he spent as much time in the forest as possible. Hiking was one of the things that always brought him joy, and he that he could still continue that activity in the new state, but just with different surroundings. Instead of high altitude alpine forest, he was treated to dense coastal forest. Well he will never forget the one time he went for a midnight hike around a particular lake to see the full-super moon and star gaze. As he was approaching the clearing at the lake he noticed that there was fire light and the sound of people. So he slowed down and hid behind a large tree so he could get a glance at who he was approaching before they could see him. As he peaks his head around the base of the tree, he sees what can only be described as a "religious" ceremony, but not of any religion he knows about. Naked women dancing around a fire with goat antlers on their heads. Naked men chanting some language Sean has never heard just within the dance circle. There were animals all around, all seemingly to be walking in unison with each other forming a larger outer circle.  After about 1 minute of being mesmerized by the whole ordeal, every single woman started floating 10 feet off the ground. Scared out of his mind, Sean stumbled backwards and quietly disembarked, making his way back to the trailhead to drive home. He never mentioned this to anyone, as he was positive he stumbled across some sort of ancient magic secret society. He wasn't about to let them know he knew. 

WC: 305

[Image: sig-goldblum.png]
Former Player