Create Account

S65 PT #0: Close Encounters of the Sixty-Fifth Kind

The New England Wolfpack of the NHL I would probably say the Ottawa Senators really. They had decent to good teams that made it pretty far in the playoffs sometimes. But they pulled the plug at the right time to rebuild, and is still in that weird range where they got top prospects but they still arent competing. Obviously with the NHL, the Senators are a bit far along because they have stars and a lot of young players on the roster. But in tersm of playoff sucess the are around the same. They had a couple deep playoff runs, but nothing come out of it. They had a good core, but the core couldnt get it done there, so they got traded around to kickstart the rebuild. Nevertheless, they are in the right spots to make a great team, they just need a good general manager in order to suceeed, so hopefully they dont fire me lmao

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

I think if you are going to compare New England to a NHL team my pick would be to the Detroit Red Wings. Both teams have storied histories and have be apart of generational dynasties, however both have begun long overhauls that started as rules and front offices changed. New England dominated much of the S30s with a core of members that were truly the highest quality and it allowed them to win multiple cups like Detroit's elite scouting allowed them to dominate the 90s and 00s, however the salary cap and scouting evolving across the league. Long held achievements in playoff success has subsided as both are deep into rebuilding and finding new faces and identities for the future. Both have made big investments in young players and are focused on developing players and finding the next generation to hopefully dominate their league's again and help live up to the legacies that have been left in the past.

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]

The Toronto North Stars doppleganger team is far fetched team named the Winnipeg Jets.  Winnipeg a city known for it's lack of amenities and wifi.  It's a hot tropical island inhospitable and nearly impossible to reach as there is no airport.  Now for some weird reason they put a baseball team here.  This baseball team always sucks.  They're no good at all.  But strangely the General Manager of the team never seems to have to fear for his job.  He never makes trades or does anything at all.  But the team continues to suck and he continues to do nothing and it all just continues. This couldn't be further from what happens in Toronto, which is a great city if not a little cold.  Our General Manager is always making trades.  Some say too many but he's out here doing things, making moves to make the team better.  Hopefully it works out but he's trying.

[Image: Cracker_Pizza_sig.png?ex=6516546d&is=651...bb4003576&]
[Image: pride23gif.gif]

One of Kermit Murphy's craziest stories during his SHL career was the time he went out partying after a game in Manhattan and caused the breakup of Kim Kardashian and Kanye West. After getting an invite to a fairly exclusive club recommended to him by famous venue critic Stefon, Kermit found himself being led to a celebrity-filled VIP area where, several drinks later, he found himself at a table with Kim, Kanye, Snoop Dogg, Barry Manilow, Daniel Day Lewis, the Walmart yodeling kid, and Steve from Blues Clues. Many drinks were had, but at some point the topic of Pete Davidson came up and Kanye went "he ain't funny man, not like me, I'm the voice of a generation and top standup comedian" and Kermit drunkenly blurted out "I heard he's hung like a whale though." Kim didn't say anything at this point but was clearly lost in thought. A couple of weeks later, Kermit checked reddit and saw the news and smiled, as Kanye had left Kermit with the bill at the end of the night.

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

Player Prompt
If you were to ask any other player in Minnesota about Collin Gibbles, most would not describe him as exciting or crazy. The veteran has a reputation for maintaining a calm composure and play style at all times these days, but it wasn't always like that. If we look back at his time as a member of the Anaheim Outlaws in the SMJHL, you would see a much different person. Some of the feats that Gibbles was known for during his time include:

- Ordering the entire menu at IHOP after his first team training camp. His roommate Corey Kennedy complained about the smell of maple syrup for months.
- Waking up after the Four Star Cup celebration on Venice Beach with only a toga and Tibuk Soonika's goalie mask. Apparently someone reported him swimming in the ocean the night before and thought it was Jason from the Friday the 13th movies.
- On an away game, Gibbles once paid 50 people to dress as cowboys and follow around the opposing players during game day.

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

PBE Affiliate

[Image: 75fL0ul.png]
credit to Qwest

The most interesting thing to happen to Buffalo Stampede's forward Jaska Seppala is this one time he was chilling on the porch of his house with his husband @Ragnar and it started to get kind of hot and wet. And then it got way to wet and Ragnar started to cry out. We looked up and there was this giant wave that appeared out of nowhere on top of their heads. It took out there home and managed to wiped the whole city out. Homes were destroyed lives with distraught it was an absolute mess. This was the event that introduced squids into our every lives. Life was never the same after that wave hit and the squids took over our shops. Started complaining about squid lives. The crazy part is when I ask anybody if they remember the squid wave even they tell me they do not know what they are talking about. Weird

[Image: blurrybad.jpg] [Image: zomboy3.png]
Thank you Brandon, Fish, GeckoeyGecko, Karey, Kit, takethehorizon, and Ragnar for the sigs!
[Image: Pw202QP.jpeg]

Player Page || Update page
(This post was last modified: 05-15-2022, 10:41 PM by Thunder39. Edited 2 times in total.)

[Image: G3w9eyW.jpg]

Jones stares into the void and watches in horror as the Leafs win a Stanley Cup...

Germany Elk Aurora [Image: vKrOFwy.png] [Image: VbtOVyg.png] Aurora Elk Germany

[Image: Thunder39.gif]

PT Pass

[Image: Screenshot_87.png]

I’d say that we’re like the Pittsburgh Penguins and not just because of the similar colour schemes. Minamino is our Crosby and Marner is our Malkin. A deadly 1-2 punch that ranks among the best in the league. We’ve found success, winning 2 cups and making a number of other runs over the last 7-8 seasons.

There’s also the fact that we’ve managed to stay competitive over a long period of time. Whether it’s trades, bringing in impact free agents or developing our own prospects, we’ve found a way to be at the top and find success even when people have begun to count us out. We’re not the team that immediately jumps to mind as a juggernaut despite being a consistent contender, but we’re in the race at the end of the season. We’ve also got an aging core that is making its last few runs and the young guns are coming up, so there’s a couple more comparisons to be made.

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

PBE affiliate PT

[Image: pkHEmu9.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-15-2022, 10:49 PM by hockeyiscool. Edited 1 time in total.)

Delete this, already finished one.

The Minnesota Monarchs are by far the most similar to the alien NHLs team known only as the great Anaheim Ducks. Why? Why do I pick the ducks? The ducks have traditionally had a pretty solid history, and usually have a solid set of veteran talent bolstering their team from the top. The Minnesota of the past 10-15 seasons is very similar to that. Where you used to have this random guy named Perry, Getzlaf, and some others, the Minnesota Monarchs had Segi and Gibbles holding down the team. Both have also won a cup in the past, but haven't been really able to put much together since, struggling to really make their way through a tough division rival or conference. I think the analogy fits, just at a face value at least... In the past handful of seasons Minnesota also had very solid goaltending, which Anaheim also tended to have, but I think that is mainly in the past for both, but who knows what the future holds! Hopefully next time this kind of prompt comes around I can say we are like the Tampa Bay Lightning, they seem... good.

The New Orleans Specters closest doppelganger to the NHL teams, are the Colorado Avalanche. When the Avalanche entered the league (I'm aware is different because of the whole "Quebec" thing, but hear me out) they started on fire. The Specters did the same. While the Avs won the Cup in their first season, the Specters lost in Game 7. Both teams would go on to make the playoffs for a long time, constantly being one of the best teams in the league before ultimately winning cups a few years later (Avs in 00-01, Specters in S54). After remaining competitive for a short time after, both teams would end up bottoming out and completely retooling. The "making the playoffs" streaks would be gone, the stars of old would move on, and times were tough. But after some great draft picks who have grown together, the Avs are arguably the best team in the NHL again, competing for cups. While the Specters aren't the best team in the league, they're growing their own stars, and have begun the ascent up the standings. This year will be even better for us! (192)

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page
(This post was last modified: 05-15-2022, 11:05 PM by kentakira.)

PBE Affiliates