Create Account

S65 SMJHL PT #1 - New Places

Congratulations on being drafted! The hard work starts now, and your teammates are all ready to get to know you!.

Written option: You just walked into the lockerroom for the first time. How did your new teammates respond? Did they organize anything to welcome you and the other draftees to the team? Must include 150 words.

Graphic option: Make an image depicting a couple of members of your team hanging out together in the locker room. Must include the team logo somewhere.

Reward
3 TPE for doing the thing. (Just one of the things, not both.)

Only S65 SMJHL Rookies (S66 SHL Draftees) are eligible for this PT.

Link PBE, WSBL or ISFL submissions here to get credit for affiliate claims.

Do not claim this TPE until a post is made in the claim thread.

Deadline: Sunday, May 15th @ 11:59pm PST

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

PT Pass

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty
(This post was last modified: 05-09-2022, 02:27 PM by Froste39. Edited 4 times in total.)

"So, this is how Michael Jordan felt like in Space Jam", Froste said to himself. He just, opened the door with the not-to happy-looking ram that lead to the facility of the Nevada Battleborn, stumbled into the Locker Room and was promtly greeted by very friendly, but also wierd characters.
At least he immediately knew why they were called the Battleborn, they had the freaking Mandalorian at Left Wing.
After being greeted by Jess, the team's GM, to his horror both an Ananas and a Penguin came by to waive hello.
Froste mumbled some shy greetings. Words were not his strength anyways and now he also had to communicate with vegetables, bounty hunters and animals. What to do?

After giving it some thought, a jolt went through his body and he suddenly understood.
He needed some universal communication, something everyone understands. So he resorted to the best way of communication he posessed.

MEMES.

Very soon, the first tension was overcome and the meme game began.

[Image: Nevada-Froste.jpg][Image: froste.png]
Signatures by myself and Ragnar

When I first walked into the locker room the day after the draft the team was all up on their feet applauding and shouting for all the rookies that recently joined the team. It was a very nice welcome for all of us and something we did not expect. After that we got a nice tour of all the facilities in Prospera Place and it was as nice as my uncle Barry Batsbak described. It's amazing to see what kind of history the Kelowna Knights have in the SMJHL and to see all their Four Star Cup banners gave me goosebumps.

After the tour we had a light practice on the ice and we did some shooting and skating drills. During lunch the general manager was also present and held a small speech to welcome us all the Kelowna. All in all it was a nice first day with the Kelowna Knights and I hope we're gonna be succesful.

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]

After the draft, Nitro entered in through the doorway of the Carolina Kraken dressing room.

THE CAKE WAS HUGE.

White icing covered a huge chocolate cake, standing taller than Nitro. The top was decorated like a hockey rink.

He suddenly became hungry and looked around for a fork and maybe a little ice cream. I mean, what's a guy gotta do around here??

"No, no" said esilverm, one of the GMs. "This isn't an eating cake. We need you to arrive to training camp in shape!"

Just then, Julian Eaglesong, sve7en, BASE PACK and Pass Forfeit emerged from the training room and picked Nitro up, carrying him clear across the room and throwing him onto the cake with a loud "GAME ON!" cheer as they did so.

They all laughed and laughed, glad that there are employees whose job it is to know how to get chocolate cake out of Bauer equipment.

Game on, Kraken. Game on, indeed.

[img=0x0]https://i.postimg.cc/B6Z5L0hG/SMJHL-Carolina-Kraken-Thomas-Nitro-FG400.png[/img]
[img=0x0]https://i.postimg.cc/tRN3dY0G/SHL-Draft-Prospect-Thomas-Nitro-FG400.png[/img]

When Sir Devoir walked into the Maine Timber locker room, he did turn quite a few heads as a Gallade. There were also quite a few questions about where he came from and how he learned to speak English, all of which he was patient and happy to answer. The higher ups have prepared a mini party in the locker room for the rookies after thier first practice together, with some pizza and soda but no alcohol because everyone has to drive home. When asked how he learned how to drive, Devoir mentioned that his late master taught him how. He ate some pizza as well, having loved it from his time at the carnival.

Devoir had not really had much soda before, but managed to drink a couple of cans of Dr.Pepper which quickly became his favorite. Afterwards, each rookie was given a chan experience to speak thier minds, with Devoir saying how excited he was to get started with everyone amd how excited he was foe the opportunity to play.
Code:
172 words

[Image: wfm-sig.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-10-2022, 02:33 PM by adamantium. Edited 1 time in total.)

[Image: EX5QBoW.png]

[Image: MvfRxO2.png]
sigs by me bitch

(This post was last modified: 05-11-2022, 10:59 AM by StaticShocked. Edited 1 time in total.)

After the S65 SMJHL Draft, all of Vancouver's new draftees were introduced at a press conference at the Whalers' home arena. Rocks, Fiorentini, Gallen and DeMonta were all freshly introduced to the Whalers faithful, hoping for the new picks to help accelerate their rebuild. After the presser, the four new draftees were taken to the Whalers' locker room to meet their new teammates. Prior to this press conference, Gallen had only really known his cousin Benson Fiorentini and was a bit nervous to meet his new teammates. However, these fears quickly melted away after seeing what the team had organized for the new draftees. To get to know their new teammates, the existing Whalers created a mock press conference of their own and asked the four new players plenty of questions about their playstyles, their personal background, what they want to achieve during their time in Vancouver, and other questions the media may ask them.

[Image: leblaVa.gif]
Shoutout to @adamantium for the sig! <3

PBE affiliate

[Image: 3MtyuZk.gif]
[Image: dAxJaBU.gif]

Before walking into the Vancouver locker room, I received a tour of the facilities, and as the tour went on the excitement around the team was palpable. There were no real special events held for us rookies, apart from a little locker room mixer of sorts to get to know our new teammates. I had already gotten to know fellow first round pick Benson Fiorentini quite well in the lead up to the draft and I quickly got to know Pyotr Gallen well in the locker room as well. The leaders of the locker like Miroslav Ketil made us feel really welcome and some of the more outgoing guys like B Jobin and Benjamin Surkhi-Ze'ev quickly became friends of us rookies. After the welcoming period though, the mood was quite clear. The young core of the Vancouver Whalers is here to bring the city another Four Star Cup, and while this may be a  rebuilding season, we're all excited to put in the work and for progress to be made as everyone in the team adds some more vital experience.

[Image: YztPk3T.png]  [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

Hi all, i hope you all have a good day! That said, let’s write our very first PT with my new player Alvin Towne, a goalie from the United States, who got drafted by the Great Falls Grizzlies at 40th OA in round 3 of the S65 SMJHL Draft. First of all, i would like to apologize to my new team for showing up a bit late to the locker room, but i have two good excuses: first of all, Alvin was visiting Europe and couldn’t follow the draft live, since the draft is being held at an europe-unfriendly time, so he was sleeping. The second excuse Alvin gave, was the fact that he was drafted late  Wink … After Alvin finally showed there were a couple players that welcomed him and of course the GM was there too, but the party was over quick. Nothing special was prepared, i guess most people already left the party. That’s okay i am not a party person and i do enjoy the silence.

Stars | Player | Update Thread | Gordie#6746 | Manual Lineup Sheet | HockeyNation | Grizzlies

ISFL Affliate

[Image: KING.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-09-2022, 03:22 PM by tomtommen. Edited 1 time in total.)

It was of course my first travel abroad in years and as I entered the locker room I was immidiately welcomed by the staff and players. They gathered around me like sardines in a can asking questions and being welcoming. As a typical norwegian I was not accustomed to behavier like this. When the COVID-19 incident happened and restrictions were applied the normal social distance of 10 meter was reduced to a mere 5 meters. But as I've been taught you have to do what the natives do. So I sardined as well as I could even if it is hard catching a black-mouted dogfish in bright daylight. I had brought some smalahove which I shared with the others. They were thrilled. I did however notice Ruggsy put his piece on Koty Kochan's plate. Maybe he didn't like the way it eyeballed him? Afterwards they gave me a tour in the city and told me to never throw snowballs or pick any colorado blue columbine. We had great fun and I am looking forward to playing hockey with and getting to know this fun bunch of people.

[Image: You_Doodle_2023-11-14T20_56_45Z.jpg?ex=6...d1516e717&]
[Image: cgv4vCv.png][Image: 3Kip7R0.png][Image: ivBf7yq.png][Image: cEbgUph.png]

I can't tell you how shocked and excited I was to hear my name called at sixth over-all, I had an inkling that I may go in the first round - but I had no idea that it would be that early. I don't even think the pick was fully announced before @SouthPaw and @KaleSalad reached out to me, both these guys are all class, and I couldn't be happier than to play for their organization. When myself and the other two rookies walked into the dressing room the whole team wash gathered around to welcome us, and from the back corner of the room @KaleSalad wheeled over the largest cake that I've ever seen. It had three tiers with a light pink and green frosting, with a piped lace design around the entire thing. It was the most magnificent cake I have witnessed. Kale looked at me with a sparkle in his eye and said "I hope you like Cherry!" as he stuck his hand into the icing on the top tier and opened up the top lid of the cake, from inside popped up the most beautiful creature I had ever seen. Strong. Powerful. Exhilarating! I must say, this was a bucket list item of mine.

Don Cherry erected from the cake with confidence I had never before seen. "I GOTTA TELL YA THIS EGLI KID IS BEAUT, NO ONTARIO BOY, BUT I'LL TELL YA, WHAT A BEAUT YA GOT HERE."

PBE Affiliate - Laser

[Image: laser.png]

[Image: Virrok.png]
Thanks to EAB and sulovien for the sigs!