Create Account

S65 SMJHL PT #1 - New Places

“Finally made it one step closer to the big league” I said to myself walking in the Elk’s locker-room for the first time. Just 364 days to go before the SHL draft I tought while the GM was showing the other rookies and me the guys.

They showed us the rest of the facilities and they finished the tour buy making us have a mini-golf friendly competition. I’ve always loved showing the others who’s the best, but I HATE MINI-GOLF SO MUCH! I usually try to put it in the hole from the first try when I play golf because that’s just so much easier.

We finished our day by going on the ice and taking a couple of shot on the net (WHICH I TELL YOU DEFINITELY WASN’T REGULATION SIZE BECAUSE I WOULD HAVE BROKEN A GLASS PANEL IF THAT WAS THE CASE). All and all, it was all a good day and I can’t wait to help the team win it all this year.  Elk

Getting ready because there is only 364 days before the next hockey team selection   Renegades

[Image: Ggpmsvy.png]

Upon getting drafted to one of his 2 preferred teams in the SMJHL Draft. Edward Elric was stoked to join the team's locker room and get to know his teammates better. Upon joining, everyone got really excited and started clamouring over the team's latest draftee, excited to meet him and get the opportunity to talk to him. They all started blasting celebratory music and getting hyped as he started to get in the mood too with his newest teammates. The party went extremely late into the night as his team mates were super hyped to share a locker room with this extremely hyped up rookie. Out of his team mates, Ricky Koivu and Leon Lokitonov were partying especially hard. Elric found this amusing but apparently the two in particular were extremely excited to share the ice with the talented goaltender. Another big name rookie on Anchorage, Philippe-Eko Eel was found passed out outside which was equally as amusing. Overall the night was great and one Elric will remember forever.

[Image: jackkanoff.gif]

[Image: jeffiesigs.gif]
Nour is pretty hot ngl

You already know right after Matty Ice made his grand entrance he had to get drunk on a plane up to Alaska. He is the party animal and is what is keeping this team in a good mood. While looking out of the plane he thought he saw a pony in the sky when really it was just a duck and eel looked at him pretty weird as the two draftees made the trip up. The entrance to the facility was beautiful as Matty Ice came from a state of poverty in Compton to such a nice facility, he was very thankful. Also everyone was really nice and was excited to have him in the locker room. Matty looked around and found that his locker room was right by the vending machine, you know he needed a drink or two so that was the first thing he did, then Matty Ice finished off the day beating coach in a game of die and had a pretty rad first day. Armada

[Image: UyKUx0B.png]

Ralph Ryan was a little nervous to enter the locker room for the first time. This was a moment he had been dreaming of his whole life. Every drop of sweat, every minute of training and playing had led up this. He took a deep breath as he turned the corner. He heard a huge roar erupt as the rest of the team came into view. To be honest, it was pretty intimidating at first but as each of the veterans began to introduce themselves, he began to feel at home. It wasn't long before the other rookie, Angry Gilmore arrived and whole ritual began again. This time, however, Ralph felt much more comfortable. The coach came in congratulated the new players and gave a short speech about giving it their all and not being afraid to play their game even on a new team. After his words they went onto the ice, where Ralph was most comfortable. The practice was good and despite his initial nervousness, Ralph began to feel like he had found a new home.

As I entered the team facility for the very first time, I could feel this vibe in the air. I looked down one hallway, then another, and could see the pictures of all of the members of previous squads who had went on to greatness in the SHL. I cant help but to wonder if my photo will be there one day? It seemed so quiet, maybe I was early? I had been brought straight here from my condo, I had my skates, my stick and my practice kit. I was tired, but ready to hit the ice. Coach had said practice was at 5, seemed kind of late to me, but here I am...where is everyone else?

I found my way to the locker room, still had not seen anyone else yet, maybe I had the time wrong? I found my locker, ha, it says "The Irish Kid" where my name should be. I dont know if they are taking the piss or are actually going to call me that. Either way, I like it. I get dressed and make my way down another short hallway, I can tell it heads to the rink by all of the clutter in it. I slowly open the door and hear this loud explosion of noise!

The whole team is there, I mean everyone! And when I say everyone, I mean everyone...the front office staff, the custodians, and yes, even the Zamboni driver! All want to shake my hand, pat me on the back, smiles everywhere, offers to come over for dinner, meet up and play video games, all wanting to make me feel welcome....at home.

I just wanted to get on the ice, the coach laughed and said we really didnt have practice, he wanted everyone to meet me. But then he smiled and asked if I wanted to see how it felt. Some of the other players (I dont know their names yet, but I am sure I will get to know them all) got on the ice with me. We skated around some, passing the puck back and forth, then this Center, big fella with a wide grin, nodded towards the goal. We both took off down the ice, passing the puck back and forth before I fired a rocket at him. He had a perfect angle on the net and slammed the puck into the back of it.

We both smiled, he skated over towards me and said...ya did good Kid.

Yea, I think I am going to like it here.

Otis "The Irish Kid" Boudreaux
RW - Quebec City Citadelles - S66
(This post was last modified: 05-10-2022, 11:41 AM by Mayson. Edited 1 time in total.)

Ensin saapuessani Vancouver se sai minut ajattelemaan kotia kylmän lämpötilan vuoksi. Olin hämmästynyt siitä, että minut valittiin Vancouver Whalers, varsinkin kun ilmoitin NHL-draftiin hyvin myöhään. Kun saavuin pukuhuoneeseen, kaikki pelaajat ja esikunnat olivat erittäin iloisia nähdessään minut. Ne kaikki todella auttavat minua sopeutumaan Pohjois-Amerikan kulttuuriin.

Olen erittäin iloinen saadessani olla osa Vancouver organisaatiota ja haluan kiittää kaikkia, jotka mahdollistivat tämän unelmani. Sen lisäksi, että minulla oli erittäin mukava esittely tiimiin, olin erittäin iloinen nähdessäni, että tiimitoverini järjestivät minulle juhlat toivottaakseen uudet työntekijät tervetulleiksi Vancouver.

Upeaa aikaa upeiden ihmisten kanssa, olen todella iloinen saadessani olla osa tiimiä. Jumala siunatkoon perhettäni ja ystävääni ilman heitä en olisi koskaan päässyt tänne. Kiitos Vancouver Whalers pääjohtajalle, että hän otti minut mukaan joukkueeseen ja teki saapumisestani mahdollisimman sujuvan ja mukavan.

Fresh off the SMJHL draft, myself and the other Nevada Battleborn draftees were invited to the arena to meet the staff and learn the ins and outs of the building. Walking into the locker room, where the lights were off except for the spotlights on our new lockers housing our brand new jerseys and equipment and the audio of us being drafted playing through the speakers was a pretty nice visual. There were some fans who won a contest to meet the new rookies of the Battleborn, which was a fun way to end the tour of the arena. We signed autographs and took photos, and even got to skate with everyone to send them home happy. Finally we were invited to a team dinner at a local restaurant where we got to meet the rest of the team before the preseason training camp begins. Overall, it was a fun day and has us all exceeded for the season ahead.

When I enter the arena, the GMs were both there to greet me and welcome me to the club. I follow them to a room with the other rookies to explain to us the contract stuff, ask us how we like the city so far, and tell us what are the expectations of the club this season.

After that, we went to see the boys. The team leaders show us our black and gold jersey for home games. I got to see my jersey and the reality hit me. I will finally have the chance to prove myself, and it will be with it that I will be able to do that.

One after the other, all the teams come to see us and have a little chat to learn more about us. I feel after only 5 minutes that the boys are really close to another, and I just want to see how much that would reflect on the ice. In my case the other goalie takes more time to talk to me and Joshua is a really nice dude! His experience will help me to grow to be the player I meant to be.

With that many rookies, they have to show us all the facilities and how things work in the locker room.

Even the equipment manager come to see us to make sure our equipment is perfect and if we need something just to ask him.

As some infamous person said, the Scarecrows will be scary good!  
Scarecrows

First day in the Raptors' den was like being inside a meme. I didn't understand anything and I was entertained. I suppose my weak English had something to do with this. All the team, rookies included, were welcoming and smelled very nice. I have to remember to ask what is the team deodorant as it is clearly effective. The team had a good program for getting rookies up to speed, pairing up various other team members to help out. Conversation was interesting. Ranging from the differences between Canada and America to team goals and also when it's appropriate to call someone a princess. I intend to not call anyone a princess until I lam fluent in the culture and language.

If the Raptors' on-ice energy is as good as their locker room one, it's going to be a great season! I look forward to crushing the D-Zone with this colorful group!

Luckily for me, there were many familiar faces waiting to greet me upon arrival to the Anchorage Armada locker room for the first time. It's seemed like destiny for me (eel) to end up here in Anchorage, as I've been hanging around the locker room already for years now (not tampering btw). Ricky Koivu was the first to greet me, and we compared long legs. Red Kirkby seems to be the bully of the group as he gave me a noogie and peed on my eel tail. Richard Dickbutt McFudderdudder II gave me a long salute and treated me with a ton of respect - that guy should be captain! Lord Zomp and I exchanged naughty glances, I'm excited to see how our relationship grows. Leon Lokitonov was in the bathroom right when I arrived but he gave me a stinky embrace upon emergence. Most of all, I'm excited to play with my draft classmate Edward Elric - we have incredible chemistry and I'm looking forward to playing together for seasons to come.

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

SMJHL Simmer PT Pass

[Image: MWJDjbu.png]
[Image: 183de87f8b7c0453e0172c60380f5739.png]

When I first walked into the locker room I was met with surprise. The team had drafted two goalies, and the consensus was I would be gone before training camp if it started. But I wasn’t, I was here, I’m a knight, and I’m here to work my ass off. The first person I talked to was my goalie counterpart, Graj Virrok. I knew the name but we had never met. He was a tall young man. Very respectful and made me feel welcome. Mad the introductions with the rest of the team go much smoother.
The coaching staff was nice, though mostly unavailable. No one made feel like an outsider or different for being short. Or being a girl. Which is nice. Waters need to stop staring at my boobies. I don’t feel in danger or violated. It’s just his bushy hair is distracting. Avert your eyes you silly bastard! Knights knights knights!

[Image: Fantobens.gif]

Manny walks tentatively down the cold hallway to the locker room, his scythe tapping the ground ahead of every step.  He glances up at the big metal door ahead of him, upon which a bear paw is emblazoned, above that a plaque that reads 'HOME TEAM'. Manny presses his boney fingers to the door and presses. It doesn't budge. 

"It's Locked"

Before Manny can remove his digits though, the door flings open revealing... nobody? 

"You're the new forward right?" someone squeaks. 

Manny looks down to see a chipmunk in a sweater standing in the doorframe on its hind legs little paw outstretched for a handshake. 

"Uh... yeah." Manny kneels down slightly to shake the animal's paw "I'm Manny. What's your name mijo?" 

"I'm Alvin!" he sings "I'm the goalie... or one of them." He spins around to reveal a big number one on the back of his knit sweater.  "You can take the empty spot over there." The chipmunk hurriedly points somewhere in the locker room. 

Manny takes his seat in the corner of the room in between two lockers marked "K. Klinkhammer" and "X. Damson Jr" and removes his cloak. 

"Since you signed this morning before practice we didn't have much time to put a welcome thing together so... I just got you this," Alvin reveals a petunia from behind his back, handing it to Manny before scurrying back across to his locker where his, surprisingly large, pads are strewn about. "When coach said you were a skeleton I thought he was using a turn of phrase, but no you are literally a skeleton huh? How weird!"

"You're a singing chipmunk... That plays goalie" Manny responds as he folds his scythe into his suit jacket. 

"Touche." the chipmunk replies narrowing his eyes. "Anyway welcome to the team, Mr. Reaper!"  

CODE: 303 Words

The St. Louis Scarecrows were very welcoming for young Jonathan Mercer coming to grow his career in the SMJHL. Along with him, the other rookie draftees in St Louis were welcomed at the airport by a representative from the team picking them each up from the airport. Once picked up from the airport, Johnathan Mercer was taken to the Scarecrows facilities where he met with coaches and GMs. Mercer thinks that he was the first one there, as his flight was likely the closet to St. Louis, flying out of Calgary to make it there.

The staff was extremely welcoming and kind and did their best to lead Mercer around the Scarecrows arena nad eventually to the locker room, where he unpacked most of his gear and saw his first ever pro jersey sitting in front of him.

MERCER

it's good to be in St. Louis. Time to put that jersey on and hoist a 4 star cup in it.

[Image: g7VtVXX.png?1]

[Image: Z8YSDad.gif]

[Image: crutchfield.gif]

Oles has a lot of eyes on him as he walked up to the podium to put on a Yukon jersey and officially claim his spot as the number one draft pick in the SMJHL. Having played in Ukraine’s hockey league prior to the SMJHL, Oles had never seen what a fancy locker room looked liked. Yukon treats it’s players very nicely! Oles sees a stall with his name on it and to his surprise has a massage chair build into his cubby that he can use between periods! Oles was use to sitting on wooden benches that were just logs cut down from the trees outside his old arena.

His teammates welcomed him with open arms as it is assumed that even this early in his career, he will assume the #2 Center spot and have time on the power play and pentacle kill. Oles likes the excitement his teammates and the fans have for what this great organization will accomplish and everyone is excited for Monday when the season officially starts!

[Image: zcOwSzN.png] [Image: b1AwZLU.png]
First ever Yukon Malamute draft pick (1st overall S65)

[Image: ezgif-3-597e9990a5.png]