Create Account

First Night in a New Place [2x Draft Media]

The toughest thing about moving to a new place is that first night. The sounds that are so odd, the lights that you are not used to, the furniture in odd places, not being able to find the bathroom, and that eerie silence that hovers over everything. 

My condo in Quebec is really nice. It came furnished, which is a good thing because I dont own anything like that. I didnt know until I had a chance to come in that Ma had sent a box of my personal things from home so I would feel more at ease. I called her really quickly to let her know I was at least in my place and had met the team. I cant tell you anyone's name, haha, but I know they were really nice. Ma told me the team rep gave her permission to put a box of stuff together for me and they had it come over on the flight with me. Even tough I had jet lag and was really tired, I knew I needed to get adjusted to the time difference as quick as I could, so I started to go though the box. 

There was a picture of Ma and Da (of course) and another of my dog, Tolkien. I havent told you about him, who knows, I may try to get his shipped over here to keep me company. I will need to check into that and see how much it costs and what I would need to do for him. There were other little things from home, a little figurine, other little knick-knacks. It is funny how those little things can make a new place feel familiar.

I was hungry, but I wasnt. I ended up making me a bowl of cereal, yea, really adventurous, lol. I flipped through the channels on the telly, wow, loads of adverts! I pulled out the laptop (yea, another perk from the team) and got on Youtube. It was time to learn some stuff about my new team. 

I looked up to see what time it was and realized that four hours had passed. I needed to be up in 7 hours to get ready to go to practice. I cant wait to get on the ice with my teammates! 

I made my way to my bed, but it didnt feel right...so I staggered back to the settee and fell asleep there. In just a few hours I will take the ice for the first time as a member of the Quebec City Citadelles!

Citadelles

Otis "The Irish Kid" Boudreaux
RW - Quebec City Citadelles - S66