Create Account

S65 State of the Union

05-11-2022, 06:16 PMGood_Ole_Kimmy Wrote:
05-11-2022, 06:16 PMGood_Ole_Kimmy Wrote: Applied
Someone already made this joke, disregard
LOL!

[Image: rotti.gif]

(This post was last modified: 05-12-2022, 05:31 AM by Grapehead. Edited 1 time in total.)

I don't like the idea of bumping contracts every offseason just to try and force player movement. What strategy is even left to contracts these days? It would be a lot less work for the budget team and GMs to just scrap contracts altogether and go with automatic payments based on tpe. This announced change seems like a really lazy bandaid solution that takes more agency away from GMs.

Edit: rude of me not to mention that the other announcements are exciting news. HO's hard work is obvious, and I'm looking forward to seeing these changes all play out.

[Image: Grapehead.gif]
TY NOKA AND VALOR FOR THESE WORKS OF ART
Player Page | Update Page

Stars Battleborn Czechia
(This post was last modified: 05-12-2022, 06:06 AM by RomanesEuntDomus.)

Some good ideas and possible changes here. In regards to the transition to FHM8, are there plans to share the results of the research you guys are currently doing with the public or at least with the other GMs of the league, to make sure that we don't instantly start with a big knowledge gap between front offices again? Because last time we transitioned engines, it felt like the franchises who were represented in the so called "transition team" all ended up doing very well right out of the gate, which I would assume was at least partially due to all the info those teams could gather during the transition process, that other teams didn't have access to.

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

05-12-2022, 05:19 AMGrapehead Wrote: I don't like the idea of bumping contracts every offseason just to try and force player movement. What strategy is even left to contracts these days? It would be a lot less work for the budget team and GMs to just scrap contracts altogether and go with automatic payments based on tpe. This announced change seems like a really lazy bandaid solution that takes more agency away from GMs.

I’m not really sure where I stand on the budget changes, but I am somewhere in the middle of “not bad but might could be better”. That said, I think doing automatic contracts is the opposite of what should be done. Sure most of the league takes minimum to help their team, but the few that don’t help cause at least some movement, as opposed to a team getting a bunch of high-earning players on like 4mil while they end up being 1700+ tpe

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]

05-12-2022, 06:36 AMCampinKiller Wrote:
05-12-2022, 05:19 AMGrapehead Wrote: I don't like the idea of bumping contracts every offseason just to try and force player movement. What strategy is even left to contracts these days? It would be a lot less work for the budget team and GMs to just scrap contracts altogether and go with automatic payments based on tpe. This announced change seems like a really lazy bandaid solution that takes more agency away from GMs.

I’m not really sure where I stand on the budget changes, but I am somewhere in the middle of “not bad but might could be better”. That said, I think doing automatic contracts is the opposite of what should be done. Sure most of the league takes minimum to help their team, but the few that don’t help cause at least some movement, as opposed to a team getting a bunch of high-earning players on like 4mil while they end up being 1700+ tpe

I worded my comment poorly, but I agree with you about the automatic contracts. Contract negotiations just seem to be getting more irrelevant as time goes on, but then again it's been quite a while since I had to negotiate contracts as a GM, so I could be completely off base.

[Image: Grapehead.gif]
TY NOKA AND VALOR FOR THESE WORKS OF ART
Player Page | Update Page

Stars Battleborn Czechia

05-12-2022, 09:53 AMGrapehead Wrote:
05-12-2022, 06:36 AMCampinKiller Wrote: I’m not really sure where I stand on the budget changes, but I am somewhere in the middle of “not bad but might could be better”. That said, I think doing automatic contracts is the opposite of what should be done. Sure most of the league takes minimum to help their team, but the few that don’t help cause at least some movement, as opposed to a team getting a bunch of high-earning players on like 4mil while they end up being 1700+ tpe

I worded my comment poorly, but I agree with you about the automatic contracts. Contract negotiations just seem to be getting more irrelevant as time goes on, but then again it's been quite a while since I had to negotiate contracts as a GM, so I could be completely off base.

I think that you're right. These "forced" contract changes really bone a team that's just starting to really compete, when you consider how valuable having someone at a discount is there. It's incredibly similar to when and NFL team gets a great QB on the rookie contract. Having him at a discount really helps your championship window. Now, you don't get that, it's forced to move up. Not to mention that you work to gain TPE together as a team and get high enough to do some damage, but then all of a sudden you're forced to lose a player or two that was on the journey with you because you're forced to change contracts.

This should also usher in the era of "Just get to X amount of TPE and stay there for a season". The amount of players at 1299 TPE is going to be something. /s

I get the sentiment, but the other side of this isn't the coolest. Fabricating player movement this way isn't the greatest since it can definitely negatively affect some player's experiences. ("Oh, they let ME go over that guy?") Imagine being around for 9 seasons just to be let go because of this. I'm well aware "thats the point of the salary cap" and all that, but again, the user experience should be kept in mind.

There's gotta be a happy medium somewhere. Perhaps you up the contract $1,000,000 if they go up TWO tiers during the contract instead of one?

Its tough. I see both sides, but I'm not sure this was the best answer.

With that said, literally everything else sounds fucking SCRUMPTIOUS.

You're doing a great job HO.

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

05-12-2022, 06:06 AMRomanesEuntDomus Wrote: Some good ideas and possible changes here. In regards to the transition to FHM8, are there plans to share the results of the research you guys are currently doing with the public or at least with the other GMs of the league, to make sure that we don't instantly start with a big knowledge gap between front offices again? Because last time we transitioned engines, it felt like the franchises who were represented in the so called "transition team" all ended up doing very well right out of the gate, which I would assume was at least partially due to all the info those teams could gather during the transition process, that other teams didn't have access to.

Still looking for an answer to this, and the silence is concerning.

[Image: RAmenAmen.gif]
sig credit: Ragnar, Sulovilen, Enigmatic, Bayley
[Image: kcP9WEd.png] [Image: DNLeeu0.png] [Image: DKMMlC3.png]
[Image: RAmenAmenPride.gif]

05-23-2022, 09:26 PMRAmenAmen Wrote:
05-12-2022, 06:06 AMRomanesEuntDomus Wrote: Some good ideas and possible changes here. In regards to the transition to FHM8, are there plans to share the results of the research you guys are currently doing with the public or at least with the other GMs of the league, to make sure that we don't instantly start with a big knowledge gap between front offices again? Because last time we transitioned engines, it felt like the franchises who were represented in the so called "transition team" all ended up doing very well right out of the gate, which I would assume was at least partially due to all the info those teams could gather during the transition process, that other teams didn't have access to.

Still looking for an answer to this, and the silence is concerning.

We are still finalizing our package of info to release. Promise there is nothing to be concerned about. 
@RAmenAmen

[Image: topalo2.png] [Image: sig-nash.png]
[Image: Rangerjasegmailcom.gif]

05-24-2022, 09:06 AMRangerjase Wrote:
05-23-2022, 09:26 PMRAmenAmen Wrote: Still looking for an answer to this, and the silence is concerning.

We are still finalizing our package of info to release. Promise there is nothing to be concerned about. 
@RAmenAmen

Can you talk some more about your plans for the test simming issue instead then? Is your planned solution gonna focus on access, so that fewer people can get their hands on the file, or are you planning to limit or outlaw test-simming under the threat of punishment, with a system that is maybe comparable to the tampering-rules we have?

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard

05-25-2022, 06:06 PMRomanesEuntDomus Wrote:
05-24-2022, 09:06 AMRangerjase Wrote: We are still finalizing our package of info to release. Promise there is nothing to be concerned about. 
@RAmenAmen

Can you talk some more about your plans for the test simming issue instead then? Is your planned solution gonna focus on access, so that fewer people can get their hands on the file, or are you planning to limit or outlaw test-simming under the threat of punishment, with a system that is maybe comparable to the tampering-rules we have?

I think you can never get rid of test simming. Because one guy would spend 8 hours recreating the file to test sim. Threat of punishment would be the best way to do it. But if only 1 person is doing it and not telling anyone, they can’t get caught

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

(This post was last modified: 05-25-2022, 07:09 PM by Shylo_Moxii.)

05-25-2022, 06:37 PMluke Wrote:
05-25-2022, 06:06 PMRomanesEuntDomus Wrote: Can you talk some more about your plans for the test simming issue instead then? Is your planned solution gonna focus on access, so that fewer people can get their hands on the file, or are you planning to limit or outlaw test-simming under the threat of punishment, with a system that is maybe comparable to the tampering-rules we have?

I think you can never get rid of test simming. Because one guy would spend 8 hours recreating the file to test sim. Threat of punishment would be the best way to do it. But if only 1 person is doing it and not telling anyone, they can’t get caught
Other side of that is people like myself who have already had the game for a decent amount of time and done "test sims" with out it being quite related to SHL. So I'm not really sure if that really rules out all test sims anyway. You would basically have to keep the FHM file private and basically revamp all of the requested minutes and tacts that GMs want for them to basically not test sim. I'm not too sure if that is the process that the SHL really wants to do as an immediate threat. Off hand I know a few other guys who already own FHM 8 and have done test simming already. So it's quite possible that within FHM 8 it gets even more restrictive. I wouldn't quite know the ins and outs of what could possibly take place, but in regards to taking out test sims I firmly believe that's an impossible task to do.

[Image: FR-B3jfXsAAvEaW?format=png&name=small]

(This post was last modified: 05-25-2022, 07:11 PM by RomanesEuntDomus. Edited 1 time in total.)

05-25-2022, 06:37 PMluke Wrote:
05-25-2022, 06:06 PMRomanesEuntDomus Wrote: Can you talk some more about your plans for the test simming issue instead then? Is your planned solution gonna focus on access, so that fewer people can get their hands on the file, or are you planning to limit or outlaw test-simming under the threat of punishment, with a system that is maybe comparable to the tampering-rules we have?

Yeah that's why I mentioned tampering, as I think those two transgression are somewhat comparable - it's pretty easy to do them and hide them from the SHL's justice system, you can only really catch them if an involved party tells on you. So if you want any sort of punishment to work as a deterrent, it will have to be a very severe one that might even seem overly hard on paper. So then the question becomes if that'd be worth it or even realistic.

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard

@Rangerjase Is there a timetable on when you guys expect to be able to provide more info on the specifics of the engine switch to avoid the problems I mentioned above, as well as the test simming limitations?

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard

06-01-2022, 06:32 AMRomanesEuntDomus Wrote: @Rangerjase Is there a timetable on when you guys expect to be able to provide more info on the specifics of the engine switch to avoid the problems I mentioned above, as well as the test simming limitations?

As of right now, there is no specific date set in stone.

[Image: topalo2.png] [Image: sig-nash.png]
[Image: Rangerjasegmailcom.gif]

06-01-2022, 03:28 PMRangerjase Wrote:
06-01-2022, 06:32 AMRomanesEuntDomus Wrote: @Rangerjase Is there a timetable on when you guys expect to be able to provide more info on the specifics of the engine switch to avoid the problems I mentioned above, as well as the test simming limitations?

As of right now, there is no specific date set in stone.

Boo this man

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]