Create Account

S65 State of the Union

06-01-2022, 03:28 PMRangerjase Wrote:
06-01-2022, 06:32 AMRomanesEuntDomus Wrote: @Rangerjase Is there a timetable on when you guys expect to be able to provide more info on the specifics of the engine switch to avoid the problems I mentioned above, as well as the test simming limitations?

As of right now, there is no specific date set in stone.

Can you at least let us know what kind of information will be released? Obviously I'd love to see the full data from your test sims, specifically the results for goalies based on build and TPE, both to assure us that goalie TPE will matter like it's been claimed to and to get an idea of what to expect when the sim changes, but I think the league at large is worried about making a sim engine change with limited data (or limited time before the season to make use of that data) when the teams represented in the transition team will have a massive advantage over the teams that don't have representatives in that group. The longer we go before getting that data, the more significant of an impact that will be.

[Image: RAmenAmen.gif]
sig credit: Ragnar, Sulovilen, Enigmatic, Bayley
[Image: kcP9WEd.png] [Image: DNLeeu0.png] [Image: DKMMlC3.png]
[Image: RAmenAmenPride.gif]

06-01-2022, 06:32 AMRomanesEuntDomus Wrote: @Rangerjase Is there a timetable on when you guys expect to be able to provide more info on the specifics of the engine switch to avoid the problems I mentioned above, as well as the test simming limitations?

It would really be nice if we could hear some more about that. Doesn't need to be anything super concrete, just a rough timetable or a closer look into what your intentions are or what you have learned from the aspects of the last sim transition that have been botched?

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

about a month away from the end of season and still no news, we still dont know if we will have to change some attributes or stuff, any ETA ?

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]

When we gonna hear tho

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]

Getting real close to the season. Seriously, going into an engine transition with absolutely no knowledge of what's in store other than "people don't like FHM6" is really concerning. If testing was done that gave results to support the change, shouldn't it be pretty easy to share? There's been lots of anecdotal support for the idea that goalies will finally matter, but I'd like some hard evidence to tell me whether I have a future in this league or not.

[Image: RAmenAmen.gif]
sig credit: Ragnar, Sulovilen, Enigmatic, Bayley
[Image: kcP9WEd.png] [Image: DNLeeu0.png] [Image: DKMMlC3.png]
[Image: RAmenAmenPride.gif]

06-18-2022, 08:42 PMRAmenAmen Wrote: Getting real close to the season. Seriously, going into an engine transition with absolutely no knowledge of what's in store other than "people don't like FHM6" is really concerning. If testing was done that gave results to support the change, shouldn't it be pretty easy to share? There's been lots of anecdotal support for the idea that goalies will finally matter, but I'd like some hard evidence to tell me whether I have a future in this league or not.
I think your timeline is off. The playoffs are happening right now.

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]
(This post was last modified: 06-19-2022, 10:03 AM by gordieboom. Edited 2 times in total.)

I don’t get the automatic salary adjustments. It makes things needlessly complex, especially for GM’s. You’ll have to monitor each player’s TPE constantly through the season and have to predict what their TPE will look like at the start of next season(s). I can imagine more fun things to do. Also, contract lengths won’t matter much.

Stars | Player | Update Thread | Gordie#6746 | Manual Lineup Sheet | HockeyNation | Grizzlies

06-19-2022, 10:02 AMgordieboom Wrote: I don’t get the automatic salary adjustments. It makes things needlessly complex, especially for GM’s. You’ll have to monitor each player’s TPE constantly through the season and have to predict what their TPE will look like at the start of next season(s). I can imagine more fun things to do. Also, contract lengths won’t matter much.

Its pretty easy. Took me like 30 minutes yesterday to predict the next 2 seasons of budgets. And then when things change I just go back and update it. Pretty Simple

Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

06-19-2022, 10:19 AMluke Wrote:
06-19-2022, 10:02 AMgordieboom Wrote: I don’t get the automatic salary adjustments. It makes things needlessly complex, especially for GM’s. You’ll have to monitor each player’s TPE constantly through the season and have to predict what their TPE will look like at the start of next season(s). I can imagine more fun things to do. Also, contract lengths won’t matter much.

Its pretty easy. Took me like 30 minutes yesterday to predict the next 2 seasons of budgets. And then when things change I just go back and update it. Pretty Simple
Let's just be honest Luke, for you, you work in the budget department and it would be a very different experience than say a first time GM who may not be the greatest around numbers.  Even though I personally am comfortable around salary predictions, there is still a decent bit of budget uncertainty given the seasons still being fluid in week length, and tpe earning having been altered from the norm over the past few seasons.

There is definitely a new layer to the process that was not there before.

[Image: mikko.png?ex=65bff03f&is=65ad7b3f&hm=7f3...a5e635414&][Image: 4028.png][Image: 5431.png][Image: 5570.png][Image: 7241.png][Image: 5906.png][Image: 6149.png][Image: 7950.png]

06-19-2022, 12:44 PMRashfordU Wrote:
06-19-2022, 10:19 AMluke Wrote: Its pretty easy. Took me like 30 minutes yesterday to predict the next 2 seasons of budgets. And then when things change I just go back and update it. Pretty Simple
Let's just be honest Luke, for you, you work in the budget department and it would be a very different experience than say a first time GM who may not be the greatest around numbers.  Even though I personally am comfortable around salary predictions, there is still a decent bit of budget uncertainty given the seasons still being fluid in week length, and tpe earning having been altered from the norm over the past few seasons.

I mean I started doing it back in like S49 when I was a co-gm. Sure having more knowledge is helpful, especially with the budget more. But its a pretty easy formula for finding TPE/Season
(TPE at start of SXX - 155) / (Start of SXX - season they created)

From there its projecting seasons after and and spreadsheet knowledge.

06-19-2022, 12:52 PMluke Wrote:
06-19-2022, 12:44 PMRashfordU Wrote: Let's just be honest Luke, for you, you work in the budget department and it would be a very different experience than say a first time GM who may not be the greatest around numbers.  Even though I personally am comfortable around salary predictions, there is still a decent bit of budget uncertainty given the seasons still being fluid in week length, and tpe earning having been altered from the norm over the past few seasons.

I mean I started doing it back in like S49 when I was a co-gm. Sure having  more knowledge is helpful, especially with the budget more. But its a pretty easy formula for finding TPE/Season

Which goes back to Gordie’s original point, most people don’t find Excel formulas fun, especially for their hobby (Juke not withstanding of course)

[Image: hPSkjwC.jpeg]

06-19-2022, 07:56 PMBfine Wrote:
06-19-2022, 12:52 PMluke Wrote: I mean I started doing it back in like S49 when I was a co-gm. Sure having  more knowledge is helpful, especially with the budget more. But its a pretty easy formula for finding TPE/Season

Which goes back to Gordie’s original point, most people don’t find Excel formulas fun, especially for their hobby (Juke not withstanding of course)

I mean, its apart of the job. Its a lot easier to do than FHM stuff. So if you want to make GMing easier help with FHM, which they have with limited stuff with it.

WBF goat commish

S2, S5, S18, S22 Challenge Cup Champion
Hall Of Famers: (S7) Alex Reay | (S28) Daniel Merica

[Image: mckeiltbb.png]
[Image: Merica5.gif]
Thanks to Ragnar, Wasty and myself for the sigs.

Damn, HO is on fire.

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points

So is the league running FHM 8 rn?

[Image: 0K3YdqN.png]

Agent of Nick Brain: Center/Right Winger - Winnipeg Aurora
Agent of John Torrance: Advisor to the General Manager - Winnipeg Aurora
Agent of Anatoli Terrorov: Head Coach - Colorado Raptors

Nick Brain Player Profile: http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=91326
Nick Brain Update Thread: http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=91332