Create Account

2x Draft Media - What difference a draft can make

Trying to sneak this one in before the deadline! With this being my second player to be created, I have already experienced the SMJHL draft and so have all of my fellow S66 recreates. I remember when I was drafted for the first time, selected by the St. Louis Scarecrows with the 19th overall pick, which was the 9th pick of the second in the S47 draft. It was a rush and now going through the draft again, being selected once again for the St. Louis Scarecrows, this time around 13th overall, 2nd last pick of the first round. It got me wondered when the other recreates were drafted their first time around compared to this draft.

Apologies if I miss anyone, I used gordieboom’s media piece a little while ago listing all the players who were eligible for the draft at that point. So, here goes nothing:

Munko Atimukhambetov was drafted this season by the Kelowna Knights in the second round of the S65 draft, with the 21st overall pick. Duff101’s previous
player, Samat Beibitzhanov, was drafted in S51, by the Colorado Raptors, in the second round, with the 20th overall pick. Moving up 1 draft spot.

Konstantin Äyräpää-Möttönen was picked by the St. Louis Scarecrows in the third round, the 31st overall pick. Rory’s first player, Jalal ad-Din Afinogenov, played the first time with the Nevada Battleborn, drafted in S60 on the fifth round and was the 51st pick. Moving up 20 picks.

Rikkert Biemans went to the Kelowna Knights with the 8th overall pick in the first round. Katth is the user here and his last player was Barry Batsak who was last drafted in S45 by the Kelowna Knights, in the 5th round, the 61st pick in the draft. A huge jump of 53 spots.

Steven Connors went to the Nevada Battleborn in the 1st round, with the 10th overall pick. CanadianDuck’s last player was Steven Moyer, Moyer went to the St. Louis Scarecrows in S42, however he was not drafted, he signed as a free agent after the draft.

Sir Devoir got picked by Maine Timber in this draft in the third round with the 37th pick overall, user WildfireMicro has had a few players drafted in the SMJHL, we are going to look at his first player, David Danielson. Danielson was drafed in S55, with the 26th overall pick in the third round. This is a drop, falling eleven picks.

Julian Eaglesong was the Carolina Krakens fist pick of the draft, going 7th overall in the first round. MN_Moosey’s first player was Bryce McMahon was signed as a free agent in S53.

Edward Elric is Jeffie43’s latest player, Elric was drafted by the Anchorage Armada with the 2nd pick of the 2nd round, 15th overall. Jack Kanoff was Jeffie’s last player and Jack Kanoff went to the Halifax Raiders in the S52 SMJHL draft, also in the second round with the 18th overall pick, dropping slightly by 3 spots.

Casey Fantobeans was picked by the Kelowna Knights in the third round of this seasons draft, 32nd overall. Back in S42, Fantobeans first player, David Fantobeans, was selected by the Detroit Falcons, in the ninth round, with the 68th pick. Moving up 36 spots.

Benson Fiorentini went 7th overall in the first round by the Vancover Whalers. User adamantium, has had a couple previous players, their first one being Finn
Kruger. Kruger was selected way back in season 34 by the Mammoths with the 4th overall pick, slipping three draft spots.

Julian Flörsch was picked by the Detroit Falcons with the 11th overall pick in the first round. The user behind Julian, mutedfaith, had a player named Cal Labovitch previously, was selected by the Detroit Falcons in the third round with the 25th overall pick, moving up 14 spots.

Pyotr Gallen went to the Vancouver Whalers with the 19th overall pick in the second round. User StaticShocked, had their first player, Alexander Zajac, selected 46th overall, in the sixth round by the Colorado Mammoths, moving up 27 spots.

Oles Kobliska went first overall in the latest draft to the Yukon Malamutes. The_Y-Man_100 was signed as a free agent their first go round by the St. Louis Scarecrows.

Tommi Koivu was picked by the St. Louis Scarecrows with the fifth overall pick in the draft, going the first round. Rotticus Scott (user by the same name) was picked back in S53 by the Kelowna Knights in the third round, 24th overall. Moving up 19 spots.

Flackoveli Lagerfeld was selected by the Yukon Malamutes with the 29th overall pick in the 3rd round. Lagerfeld’s user, JSS, has had a few players, first being Yanni Kataranakis in the S36 SMJHL draft, going to the Montreal Militia in the fifth round, 37th overall, jumping up 8 spots.

Jonathan Mercer went to the St. Louis Scarecrows with the 24th overall pick in the second round. Crutch is the user and they have had a bunch of players, first one was Chris Crutchfield who went 5th overall to the St. Louis Scarecrows. Crutch dropped 19 spots here.

Samuel Piccard was picked by the Newfoundland Berserkers in the third round, 42nd overall. Dylanjj37 has had multiple previous players, but the first was Daniel Bischoff who was picked by the Anchorage Armada, in the 4th round, 35th overall, dropping slightly by 7 spots.

Bavel Pure is my player, and I already gave my draft positions in the opening section. See up there if you’d like.

Nikolai Skovgaard went to the Quebec Citadelles with the 26th overall pick in the 2nd round. Faelax’s previous player was Alexander Roach, who was signed as a free agent in S52 by the Halifax Raiders.

Nibbles the Squirrel was selected by the Maine Timber in the 2nd round with the 28th overall selection. SouthPaw is the user and their previous player was
Duncan the Walrus (I think I see a theme). Duncan was first signed as a free agent, also by the Maine Timber.

Alvin Towne was picked by the Great Falls Grizzlies in the 3rd round, the 40th pick overall. Gordieboom is the user here, he was first selected 87th overall, back in S45, by the St. Louis Scarecrows in the ninth round. Jumping up 47 spots.

Alisters Vismanis closed out the first round of this past draft, going 14th overall to the Great Falls Grizzlies. User CaptainCrazy, has had a few players in the past, but I can’t seem to find any info of their first draft, sorry CaptainCrazy.

Well, I think that covers this. Hope this made sense to a few people. Want to wish all my S66 draftees good look on the upcoming season and them get ready to do this all over again.

Double draft media x2 - 1141 words

[Image: Ci4nm13.png]sig by @Bruins10 
Scarecrows   Specters   Canada 

Scarecrows

Nice media!

[Image: jay2233.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @High Stick King and @Maxy for the sigs!

Raptors Argonauts 
[Image: m59RPb7.png][Image: FcWmVTl.png]

Nice article, back in S45 there were only 10 teams. So 61st OA was the 6th round. Also fun to mention is that the S45 draft was the biggest draft ever on the site. Lot's of players that were late picks ended up to be huge steals and reach 2K TPE. Kelowna Knights alone had 4 picks that draft that reached 2K and another free agent that joined after the draft also reached 2K.

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]

05-12-2022, 01:43 AMKatth Wrote: Nice article, back in S45 there were only 10 teams. So 61st OA was the 6th round. Also fun to mention is that the S45 draft was the biggest draft ever on the site. Lot's of players that were late picks ended up to be huge steals and reach 2K TPE. Kelowna Knights alone had 4 picks that draft that reached 2K and another free agent that joined after the draft also reached 2K.

Thanks for this Katth! Always great finding out these little facts from before I joined! And we should make this draft class full of 2k'ers as well!!

[Image: Ci4nm13.png]sig by @Bruins10 
Scarecrows   Specters   Canada