Create Account

Emil Egli and Sir Devoir answer questions (2X draft media if possible)
(This post was last modified: 05-12-2022, 01:21 PM by WildfireMicro. Edited 4 times in total.)

Hey guys and gals and everything in between WildfireMicro here and this will be an interview media where Sir Devoir and Emil Egli answer various questions. There won't be any real structure to this, it will just be questions. So without any further ado let's begin!

Also this is a collab between me and @TheGreatToeJam

Sir Devoir:

Hi Sir Devoir! So happy to be able to sit down and have a chat, it’s been pretty crazy since we arrived in Maine. What a great way to get to know each other!

Where are you originally from?

"Well that is an interesting question to answer, but I was born in a carnival. My mother was a Gardevoir fortune teller and my father was the first Gallade goalie before me. My late handler and master was a clown named Bozoking, though his real named was Jacob Smith. He was a very nice and careful handler. And in case you are wondering, they are doing fine without me, and have plenty of attractions to stay profitable. Before you ask, no there was no lying or backstabbing in that carnival as it was a very honest place."

How did you get introduced to hockey?

"Like I said, my father was a Gallade goalie before me, and he and Bozoking were my mentors in becoming a goalie. I was also taken to various hockey events throughout my life and throughout the world, so I became enamored by it at a very young age. So once my father began to get up there in age, I became his successor."

What was it like lacing up the skates for the first time?

"You see, with my unique body chemistry in comparison to humans, I usually have to get unique skates made just for me. My first time wearing them as a Kirlia was quite an interesting experience, but I eventually got used to them and grew into them once I got my dawn stone."

When did you decide to pursue a career in the SMJHL?

"When my Master passed away. He has set this all up for me because he knew he was not long for this world, and me and my sister Anna knew that staying with the carnival will not help us in the end. We had to move on and do more with our lives."

Did you expect to be drafted by Maine? What other teams did you think you might end up on?

"Honestly I did not know where I would be drafted. I had talked to quite a few teams, and had great talks with quite a few of them. However, not knowing where you would go is honestly extremely exciting and I was very happy to hear my name called by Maine"

I heard that you chose to live in the player cabins in the woods rather than the condos close to the arena, how’re you enjoying the Maine wildlife so far?

"Maine has an amazing mixture of both pokemon and animals around the cabin that I am in, and that is one of the reason that I chose to live there rather than in the city itself. However, another reason I decided to live in the cabin is that one of my potential neighbors in the condos was an artist who draws pikemon in rather unflattering ways amd I want to keep Anna away from him"

What are your goals for the upcoming season?

"Mostly Growth and getting better every day. I know that I have a lot to learn and get ready for, so I will be focusing on my growth for the most part. That, and being friends with my teammates."

What is your pre-game routine?

"Mostly stretches and a bit of shadowboxing. Honestly just working out any jitters and getting my body ready for the game."

Emil Egli: 

Who are you and where did you come from?

I am Emil Egli, I was born in a small village nestled between granite peaks in the Swiss Alps. My village is very small, far from the chaos and traffic of Geneva. My family herds sheep, for fifteen generations we have guarded our flocks as they graze in the foothills in the shade of titans. I am the first member of my family to leave Lumnezia in that time, it was hard to ay goodby, but I am glad to be here in Maine.

Who was your mentor in life?

Lumnezia is small, I spent the most of my time with sheep. And with Mama. Mama didn’t teach me how to play hockey, but she taught me how to live my life. I learned from her to be tenacious and fierce - to fight for what you want, and demand what you believe you deserve. She also taught me to keep my elbows up in the corners - she learned that when one of our rams got a little too frisky in the barn one night. Mama also made chowder, which made me big and strong.

What is your favorite snack?

Oh boy, I could eat Mama’s chowder every single day. I eat it every day before a game. Then I sleep. Mama walks twenty miles to the Lumnezia river, where the water is coldest, and she wrestles the fish her bare hands. Then she milks a sheep to make her chowder. The secret ingredient is to berate the chowder as it gently simmers, to teach it who is boss and scare it into tenderness.

Do you have any siblings?

No, but we have two hundred sheep. Sheeps are like toddlers, they always want to eat, and they bite when they are angry. They have no idea what to do other than eat grass. They can get lost in an open field. Stupid sheep.

What is your philosophy in life?

I just want to be the best hockey player that I can be. I use the lessons that Mama taught me, and I translate them to hockey. At the end of the day anything is better than being surrounded by those fucking sheep.

What would you say your playing style is?

I like to play a physical game, but I try not so get too caught up in playing the body that I amount of position. I battle along the boards and try to make a quick breakout pass, and when I can’t I am comfortable enough with the puck that I can transition into offense. And, I like to score. Scoring is fun. Way better than those damn sheep.

How do you like Maine so far?

Maine has been incredible, everybody is so nice. The team has put me up in a cabin in the woods which is wonderful, it reminds me home - but without the giant mountains and crystal clear rivers. I saw a moose the other day, then another one the day after that. They are everywhere out here. Like giant fucking sheep.

Well that is all from us. I hope that you had fun reading this, and I hope to see you all on the ice!

Code:
PLEASE SPILT THE MONEY BETWEEN US

[Image: wfm-sig.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

Great work guys!!!  Timber Timber Timber Timber
[Image: chowdah-the.gif]

[Image: CaleSalad.gif]
[Image: kalesaladshl.gif]
some high fibre sigs are Powered by AllBran,