Create Account

The beginning of a new season and a new era (2x first media)

* The Draft Media was written in the eye of my agent, but for the season, it will be from my own eyes like A Player’s Tribute.*

After the first day at the rink where I meet the GMs, coaching staff, teammates and all that, I got to prepare for the training camp and the pre-season.
Following my draft day when all my family members, my agent, my friends and some hardcore fan of me (didn’t know they were that much!), the real work begins.
I had to play the real tournament of the World Junior Championship for the British Isles and focus only on this. I didn’t play well in the pre-season and I knew that I can play better than that. Maybe it was the pressure to be good for my draft stock, but after knowing that my future is in St-Louis, my mind was completely focused on my performance.
Oh boy did that pays off! I don’t know by heart my stats, but it’s something like; first for the goals saved against average, sixth for the number of saves even if I played at least one game less and top 3 for the save percentage. I’m mostly proud of my shootout victory against Finland with a 57 save game. It was like I knew where the puck was going to go and was always having the perfect positioning to make the save. It was my last game of the tournament so I was telling myself that I had to be good to help my team to be prepared for the upcoming SMJHL season. It was my only win, but it’s a tough tournament for a little country like us. It was good for me because I saw a lot of pucks and learn to know more about the players I will play against in a couple of weeks.
After the last game against Team ICE, the team went to a «get together» and have a little fun in the home country. We’re from different teams in the SMJHL or SHL so we thought about it and it seems important to us to know more about each other. We did some little team building, but at this moment the stress was vanished and all we think about ways to have fun.
The party was really fun and being one of the youngest, I took all the information and tips I could get to be better. Time to put that to the test.
On the first day of the training camp, the guys were ready to put all the necessary effort to progress and be successful. The pace was good and it was surprising how much the vets were pushing us, but it was a good feeling. With so many rookies it was necessary to teach us the right way to do things. That way we can only progress in the right direction.
On the last day of the training camp, we learn that three of our teammates were nominated to different All-Star Teams. For the All Rookie Team, right wing Dan Baltisberger and defense Tom Taylor got the award after finishing first and fifth on the team scoring on the first season with the club. Another right winger, Outdoor Truck was put on the All Defensive Team. The team Captain Outdoor Truck after hearing his name, call a party to his house to welcome the new rookies and congratulate the Baltisberger and Taylor. We got lucky to have a sunny day, everyone was having a good time by the pool and relax. Even the coach and GM comes to say hello and congratulate the boys. We didn’t play a real game together, but I was already feeling like at home and consider them as close friends.
At this time, we played three pre-season games and we win one of them. The Captain have a hot start with 6 pts in 3 games. The two ex-rookies continue their progression and follow with 4 pts in 3 games. I didn’t play, but the coach told me that’s it’s now my turn and they wanted to rest me after a big WJC tournament.
Hope all the things go well and I show them what I’m made of.
À la prochaine! 
Scarecrows Scarecrows Scarecrows

(709 words)

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]
[Image: un22.png] [Image: 5tu6.png]