Create Account

S65 PT #1: Inspiration

PBE CW

The reason I got into hockey was actually because of my brother. When he was little, he had a pretty nasty fall on the ice. See, hockey was his sport, not mine. I was never as good a skater, as good with the puck. I couldn't skate backwards too well, I wasn't the best at anything - that was my brother. And then, at the ripe old age of eleven, he broke his leg and had to have it amputated. I play for him more than anything - that's why I got involved in the game, that's why I put in the work that I did to get here - to get to the league. It was all so that I could live his dream - and really, so that he could live his dream through me. Each day I go out on the ice, I thank my lucky stars that I get to play this wonderful game, and I always try and look for him in the crowd, on the offchance he could make it to our game.

[Image: vo42C2b.png]
[Image: hTIaaQX.gif]
HIT SOMEBODY

Cheers to tweedledunn and supertardis101 for the awesome signatures!

Kermit Murphy was born a Muppet, but more importantly, he was also born a hockey player. From as early as he could remember, he spent as much time as he could watching his father Tig play for the Hamilton Steelhawks. He'd watch his father win a Scott Stevens and Bojo Biscuit to go along with two Challenge Cups, and every second he watched made him want to accomplish the same thing as a player. As he approached his time in junior hockey, he saw his old man close out a Hall of Fame career just as he set forth on a similar path. Like his father, he was drafted by the Detroit Falcons. Unlike his father, he would take home hardware in the SMJHL, winning the goal scoring title before switching to defense ahead of his call-up to the majors. Then, in his first season playing his father's position, for his father's other team in Seattle, he would win the Jesster as the SHL's rookie of the year. While he has yet to truly break out past that, Kermit owes what he has now to his father's efforts, which gave him something to strive towards

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

In France, hockey is not really one of the more popular sports out there. Most kids grow up playing soccer, tennis, basketball, or maybe rugby. Being from southern France where rugby is very popular, Noel did play some of that. But he gained a love for hockey through his dad who is originally from Quebec and is a huge Montreal Canadiens fan. When he first started watching hockey with his dad, he was amazed at the athletic ability of the players. It was incredible to watch these guys fly around the ice on blades, all while being pushed around and trying to score at the same time. He also admired how tough all the players were, the fact that players could fight each other, and half the guys were playing without teeth! He also ended up feeling a strong connection to the Montreal Canadiens, not only because of his dad, but also due to the 'french connection'.

[Image: jjfrankiejj.gif]
Credits to OrbitingDeath, Tweedle, Incite, Wasty, and Slothfacekilla for sigs!

Player Profile | Update Page

Arsene Leclerc originally did not want to play hockey, his first love was football actually. Growing up in France, football is always the dominant sport in the media and in the local community. It is easier to play as well, but coming from a fairly well off family, Leclerc always had the choice and opportunity to try new things, which is very lucky. Despite Hockey not being a big sport in his native country, living near the Swiss border, and having family in Switzerland, Leclerc always had a second love in Hockey, and loved going to the arena when visiting family to watch the local teams. Swiss hockey is not the best, not the most appealing product, nor is it the best players in the world, unlike what you could find in french football, but it did have a speed and excitement that just didn't exist in any other sport. Eventually Leclerc was old enough to ask for some skates and the rest is history.

The inspiration for Conner Tanner to begin playing hockey in the first place was because of his father Conor Tanner, who was inspired by his father Connor Tanner. Hockey has become an identity for the Tanner's to the point in which it is a borderline unhealthy obsession. When Connor first started hockey though, it was after a large crisis with the Portland Admirals that caused the franchise to go under, and as a person with an unhealthy obsession with drama, he had to find a deeper understanding of what caused the drama, which is why he immediately declared for the SHL draft, as a person who had never played hockey before. He passed on this love for both drama and hockey to his son, and eventually grandson which now brings us to defensemen Conner Tanner of the Minnesota Monarchs, who feels as though he has done his best to honour his grandfathers legacy. If not, tough cookies old man.

[Image: LB6bY06.gif] [Image: tanner.png]

Ever since Steve Harrington was a small child, he wanted to play baseball. He grew up in little league, and always carried around a bat (in case a game ever happened). But in high school, Harrington was selected for the basketball team, and not the baseball team. Well thats fine, he would play basketball then. But no college came to see Harrington play, and nobody wanted him. So he figured that must mean he just had not found the right sport yet. So he picked up a hockey stick for the first time at 18. And he was the best at it, obviously, because he was always destined for greatness. So the truth is that no, Harrington hadn't always wanted to play hockey. He wasn't particularly drawn to the sport. But he always wanted to be great. And in hockey is where he found his greatness. Baseball would have been fine too but he sucked.

[Image: arTbD7O.png]

Germany Berserkers Stampede Stars Barracuda syndicate