Create Account

S65 PT #1: Inspiration

Prompt #1: Duncan Mackenzie grew up watching the greats like Esa Anrikken, Ryan Jesster and others who really made a stamp on the league. It was these legends who made such an impact on his young life that he demanded skates and a stick for Christmas. He sucked when he first stepped onto the ice. No natural talent. No gifts. Just pure determination. His parents supported his journey. They flooded the backyard each year, letting him spend hours in the freezing cold shooting puck after puck at the net. He would invite his friends around and try to level them with open ice hits. They would pretend they were the latest SHL superstars gunning for the Cup or representing their countries in the IIHF. The number of shootout finishes to win the gold medal was insane. Triple Deke, every time.

When he finally got the opportunity to play organized hockey, he was fully sold. It didnt take a large leap of imagination to see himself in the big leagues. When he was drafted by Kelowna, he thought he may have a shot. To then turn that into being a First Round Selection was beyond his wildest dreams. And to get to play in Calgary has been a great honour.

[Image: %3E%5Balign=center%5D]
Aurora Winnipeg Aurora Aurora
(This post was last modified: 05-16-2022, 11:55 AM by Leafs4ever.)

Prompt 1:

As a kid I loved watching hockey. The players looked like super heroes, gliding on the ice, controlling the puck on their stick, laying crushing hits, it was mesmerizing. I wanted to be a super hero to kids like they were for me. I asked my parents to put me in hockey and I worked my ass off to make my dream a reality.

We all realized pretty quickly I had promise. I moved up the ranks, got the attention of scouts in the SHL and declared for the draft. I did some media tours before the draft and saw the reaction of the kids in my hometown to seeing someone they know make it this far. That's the look I wanted to give to the younger generation. Now, when I take the ice, I'll glance at the stands and see the wonder in their eyes and I'll know that I'm having the affect on them that the players in the past had on me.

(165 words)

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
0-0-0
Regular Season - [G 0] [A 0] [Pts 0] [+/- 0] [PIM 0] [Hits 0] [SB 0]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

WSBL PT

[Image: geRnYPO.png][Image: 0S9kFQ6.png]
Shout out Ragnarr for these two amazing sigs

Thinking back to when I was younger and just discovering my love for hockey has got me nostalgic.  That kid certainly dreamed of a long and successful career in the SHL but never really believed it would come true.  Having watched his father play professional hockey, he knew that the skills were in his DNA to be a star.  Fortunately he got incredible exposure to some very talented players which helped him grow his own skills and set him up to be a highly regarded prospect throughout his young playing life.  Interestingly though, he did not initially want to be a defenseman, he always dreamed of scoring goals and being the top center on a team.  He noticed that as he grew taller and more physical, he could bring value on the blueline while still being a scoring threat.  He liked smashing people whenever possible and ripping clappers from the point as well.  That is what set him up to be the player he is today.

166 words

[Image: kpALfz6.jpg]
Gritty McGritterson Player Page
Gritty McGritterson Update Page

S53 Four Star Cup Champion- Detroit Falcons
S56 Challenge Cup Champion - Hamilton Steelhawks

Sven's goal has always remained the same: to prove he's the best Sven. Not only on the ice, not in hockey, but everywhere. His journey started in the SMJHL where he had limited competition, but proved himself anyway by taking on not only a top pair defense role for the Vancouver Whalers but also a co-GM role. While in that role he made a variety of trades and brought home a 4 star cup and had Vancouver lead the league in points. He was also voted top GM duo by his peers. He then moved on to managing the Great Britain IIHF team, where he has earned a Silver and Gold medal thus far. Now in the SHL he has his sights set on the last trophy remaining: the Challenge Cup. There are already very few Svens that have accomplished all that he has, but he wants to remove all doubt by the time his career is over.

[Image: steveoiscool.gif]

What made Justin Keahi want to play hockey? Simple, old school tapes that his dad had. When he was younger, he would watch those tapes every weekend, and dream about playing. From the Miracle on Ice, to the bench clearing brawls. Everything he watched he loved. In Keahi's eyes, the beauty of the game was how differently it can be played. One night you can a bloodbath, utter brutality and physicality. Then the next night, it's a game of skill. From face punching and hitting, to skating and stick handling. You can be a big bruiser on the ice, or you can be smooth skater with hands of silk. The game is a game in itself, where you have to play different styles throughout the year. That's what got Justin Keahi into hockey, and that is what got Justin Keahi his Challenge Cup. The game of hockey is beautiful, and that is what makes Justin Keahi want to play it every day.

Sven Holmberg

[Image: hexx55.gif]

[Image: mitochondriafigure1.jpg]
Player Page | Update Page

Player Prompt

Many professional SHL hockey players have been playing hockey all their life, from the second they were old enough to walk they were skating around on the ice. Paul Binder had a slightly different introduction to the sport. Growing up in Austria, Paul Binder was never super athletic. He spent most of his childhood indoors playing video games and just cruising through life. One day at the age of 14, his uncle visited and took the family out to see the local Vienna Capitals. Paul Binder never really had an interest in sports, but going to events was always fun. Little did he know that this would be the introduction he needed. From the first goal through to the final horn, he was enthralled. As soon as he got home he began looking up YouTube videos on how to skate and was begging his parents to take him out shopping to get some gear. The rest is history, he caught on extremely quick and made it his primary focus in life to become a professional hockey player.

WC 177

[Image: Screenshot_2024-01-31_214614.png?ex=65ce...y=lossless]
(This post was last modified: 05-16-2022, 01:11 PM by MrMom.)

Player Prompt 

Adam grew up a hockey fan thanks to his dad who got him into the sport when he was young and he fell in love with it immediately. He never was able to go to big games so him and his dad always stuck to junior hockey. Adam loved going to games the theatrics before hand got him hyped hearing the announcer was like music to his ear. But Adam's favorite part of going wasn't any of those, it was going early enough to watch warm ups, getting to listen to the music and smell the ice and watch the players. Adam wanted to play but didn't know what position he wanted to play. That was until he saw his idol Martin Brodeur, after watching him play Adam knew the goaltender position was perfect for him. Adam then watched all of his games and started to train immediately and it was the best thing he ever decided to do.
Code:
159 Words
[Image: Rage.png][Image: Kya3nDx.png]

PT Pass

[Image: blix900.gif]

[Image: QwTZD8C.png][Image: iemKOIk.png]

Player Prompt:

Videl first learned about the sport because she got a shirt that had the logo of the West Kendall Platoon on it. She started playing the sport on request of the Japanese National team after signing up for hockey lessons. Videl’s curiosity lead to her being signed to a small club in Osaka, known simply as Osaka HC. She had no idea what the sport was, all because of a shirt that she bought from a small mom and pop shop down the street from her house. What makes the sport of hockey so special for Videl is the impact that she made in her country after she began playing the sport. The game made her a celebrity overnight, and she had made the sport very popular among the Japanese youth, and especially, younger girls who are looking to make a name for themselves, to follow in Videl’s footsteps.
(153 words)

[Image: ljefVAX.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

Player Prompt: Growing up in Mississauga Ontario after moving to Canada from Ukraine when Mats Marner was young all sports were options, but when you live in the greater Toronto area playing hockey as a kid was definitely very common and certainly the most beloved sport. My dad played his whole life, never at a high level but he played his whole life. He got me into it early, as far as getting skates, getting me on the ice. I think once kids get on the ice and can get on the ice and watch their favorite NHL team which was the Toronto Maple Leafs in my case and keep on going back between those two aspects of it, they fall in love with hockey. I know I certainly did around 3 or 4 years old, and it was obviously a good decision on my dad’s part to give me some skates and sign me up for hockey as now I am getting to live my childhood dream playing hockey professionally for a living.

[Image: apSD6uj.gif]
[Image: leafsftw1967.gif] 

Malamutes  Stars Malamutes  Stars

ISFL PT

[Image: 43436_s.gif]
Thank you Fever, sköldpaddor and OD for the amazing sigs!
Heart  Militia Montreal Impact/Militia Militia-Old Heart
(This post was last modified: 05-16-2022, 04:00 PM by sköldpaddor.)

PROMPT 1:
Lias has wanted to play hockey since he was really little (yes, he's still not exactly LARGE, he knows). But ever since he was a little kid, he has loved everything about the sport. He loves the community of it; being part of a team, fighting for that team, winning together and losing together (which is way better than just losing alone). Some of his earliest memories are of learning to skate, of loving the way he felt like he could skate so much faster than he would ever be able to run. His parents played a large part in it too; his mothers sent him to Gunnar Söderberg's youth camps as soon as he was old enough to attend them, and tried to help him with all of the off-season stuff too, like making sure he had all the right equipment, and making sure he was able to afford to travel to play when he needed to. They didn't make a huge amount of money but the whole family definitely chipped in to make sure Lias was able to pursue his dreams.

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: nbb.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

As a natural athlete who enjoys the thrill of competition, Steady would have been home in basically any sport. What made the choice of hockey an easy one was that the culture where he grew up was totally involved in the sport. Finland loves hockey, and Steady is no exception - a childhood full of watching games both on the television and in stadiums cultivated a passion for the ice that you see often in the league. Of course, after getting the experience of lacing up skates and taking to the ice, Holden was even more enamored: he was never a particularly fast runner, but skates make him feel like the human incarnation of speed.

He's not as quick and agile as a lot of the other players in the league, but he certainly enjoys trying to find his own maximum speed. The freedom of movement is something that Holden relishes in even now that the novelty of playing hockey has largely worn off. Nothing is more thrilling than the wind whipping by your ears as you scream down the length of the ice - forward or backwards.
(This post was last modified: 05-16-2022, 05:28 PM by NorwegianDemon.)

PLAYER PROMPT: Since I grew up in a cold climate place, my father tough it would be great if I could learn to skate from a young age. So, when I was four, he signed me up for the skating lessons at the local ring in Trondheim. One day, after one of my skating lessons, is when I saw my first occurrence of people playing hockey. I was really impressed with how fast they were going. They were wearing what I considered to be an armor with a helmet, and I wanted to wear this too. Once I had discovered what was happening on the ice after my skating lessons, I stayed at the arena after every one of them to see these people playing hockey. At the end of my skating lesson, my father, who had clearly seen my interested in hockey asked me to play in the local youth league the next year and this is how my career as a hockey player started.

164 words

Nor Ge

Salzberger Lillehammersson
norway Inferno World Falcons

Anders Christiansen
[Image: inferno.png] [Image: dragons.png] [Image: wolfpack2.png] [Image: stars.png] [Image: Dxdffra.png] [Image: hGKuRrv.png] [Image: sAx3Llh.jpg] [Image: firebirds.png]