Create Account

S65 PT #1: Inspiration

CREATIVE PROMPT

Being socially awkward will make this an incredibly painful event for Kaapo to host and for the kids to attend. I'm a hockey player and will most definitely play hockey with them. I'm sure that's why they hired me anyway. I think hockey is a great way to teach them about team work and camaraderie. But let's be honest, kids like to jump around and run a lot. So we're going to play hide and seek. This seems like the perfect way to lose a kid or two, but at least Kaapo won't have to talk to them or interact with them while they're hidden. Kaapo also has a lot of dogs so of course he's going to bring them over. Too bad if you're allergic the dogs will be their to play with all of them anyway. Of course the day will end with a feast for the ages, full of Kaapo's favorite authentic Finnish food and he won't care if the children don't like it. They'll have chocolate cake at the end if everyone goes home happy.

179 words

[Image: eMf7wNV.png]

Sven Svenson was literally conceived in the basement of a hockey stadium, without hockey Sven Svenson would simply not exist. For some reason he was made aware of this at an early age, in fact he cannot remember when he first learned this fact and he used it as his fun fact when introducing himself in primary school. Growing up in Sweden, Sven always wanted to fulfill his destiny and become a pro hockey player in the SHL. Hockey is a big sport in Sweden, the country always punches above it’s weight class in terms of quality players developed considering the relatively small population size. Sven was a naturally gifted goal scorer from the first time he laced up his skates. His mother was always very supportive of his dream and encouraged him to keep working hard to improve his game. She even used to feed him one timers on a small pond they used to practice on.

[Image: BirdmanSHL.gif]

Jean-François Bokassa
Armada

Proud Father of Johnny Wagner-Svenson

[Image: unknown.png]
Sven Svenson Career Stats

Sweden Raptors pride

PLAYER PROMPT:

When Miroslav Ketil was a child, his mother was a hockey coach for the local school as she was a pretty good player for Czechia before she became pregnant with Miroslav. He was exposed to hockey at a young age, first picking up a stick and lacing up the skates when he was just four years old. He would attend away games with her and the team, and was taught a lot by the much older teens on the team. This really helped him garner interest in the sport, because all the older kids more or less adopted him amongst their ranks. He learned to skate with some of the best coaches in Czechia from that young age, while watching the team his mother coached try to reach the pinnacle of Czechia minor hockey.

As he grew older, he realized that he really wanted to play an offensive game from the blueline because he felt like he had really good vision for passes, and had a deceptively good shot for when the opposing defense's were cheating to cutting off his passing lanes. He still talks to those players, and they're all very proud that he has finally reached the peak of being drafted into an SHL team.

Code:
209 Words without the prompt

[Image: SHOWNOMERCY-KETIL-VIGN.png]

I only started playing hockey during Covid because I was bored. All the stadiums were closed and some of the football games didn't even happen. A mascot without sports is just a sad stuffed animal. I got an invite from a buddy to check out this hockey league and figured it couldn't be that hard. So here I am, playing hockey with some of the coolest dudes I know, and it wasn't even a dream of mine. Sometimes I think to myself, "I wonder who's dream I took by making this league." And then I chuckle to myself, cuz that guys a loser. Imagine dreaming of something your whole life and then out of the blue a duck, who never had the dream to play hockey, snatches that chance from you. Anyway, I usually think of something wholesome like that before walking out on to the ice. It's not much, but it keeps me humble.

[Image: puddlesoduck2.gif]

M'Baku always gravitated toward sports. An energetic and aggressive child, he felt at his best while playing competitive sports. From the early early days playing football on the pitch with neighborhood kids in Abuja to taking up boxing and American football, Baku has always felt most alive in games of physical prowess. As the son of an accomplished petrol executive and research scientist, money has never been a concern for Baku. Anything he wanted to do, his parents were able to provide. When young Baku saw ice hockey for the first time and asked for the opportunity to try the sport, his parents made it happen. Despite the paucity of opportunity and interest in the sport in Nigeria, Baku found the best coaches and ice time to hone his game. He loved the speed and physicality of the game—it challenged him physically and mentally in a way few other things ever had. After a few years, he’d left other sports (Olubori was quite adept at American football) behind to pursue hockey. He didn’t give much thought to being a professional; his goal was always to be better and win. Now, he’s just a few seasons away from likely making the SHL.

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-16-2022, 10:00 PM by Pickle Juice. Edited 1 time in total.)

Player Prompt

Ty Murphy was always small for his age.  Capping his height at 5 feet 8 inches, he isn't the biggest guy out on the ice, ever really.  But that contributes to his love for the game.  The quickness you achieve on skates, the speed, the agility, the feeling of receiving a crisp pass, the sound the crossbar makes when you go bar down top titty.  These are all things that draw you into the game.  The early morning fog on the ice, before anyone has had a chance to even scrape.  The sound your skates make when you lean on your heels going through a turn.  The speed of the game that feels so slow when you're playing it.  It makes early mornings feel not so early, long days go by quick, acts as a band aid to some of life's problems.  Hockey is an incredible sport and there is a little something in it for everyone to love.  They just have to look for themselves and find it.

[Image: murphy2.png]
[Image: NI78UUy.png?width=400&height=267]
[Image: Skree.gif]

Code:
Written Task: Why did your player want to play hockey to begin with? What drew them to the game? Was it a supportive parent? A Hall of Fame hero? Maybe it's just the sound a skate makes when it cuts into the ice? What is it about hockey that's so special to your player? (150+ words)

Hockey was a dream early on in life. Growing up in Southern California hockey wasn’t instilled in me by a parent or a sibling. It was honestly by pure chance. The Kings and the Canadiens were playing in the Stanley Cup Final in 1993. From watching those games, I was hooked. Watching Patrick Roy dominate that series instilled a love of hockey in me so deep. From there on out, it was a goalie I wanted to be. It obviously turned over the years and defense became a more realistic place for me. I love the ability to keep the puck out of our net and then turn the game up ice and help create offense for our team. It is such a great thing to watch, when you truly have a defenseman who can change the game. I try to model my game after Cale Makar. It is obviously an insane bar to set, but it is something that I hope to someday achieve.

165 words

[Image: m59RPb7.png] | [Image: FcWmVTl.png]

S61 Four Star Cup - Game-Winning Goal in the clinching Game 4
[Image: unknown.png]

[Image: efischermann.gif]

Affiliate WSBL PT

PLAYER PROMPT

For Atticus Hale, the answer is simple. Hockey has always been there in his life. One of his earliest memories is playing hockey with his dad and older brother. His dad was a hockey coach, and it was clear from an early age that this is what Atticus wanted to do with his life. If he couldn’t play hockey, he would coach hockey. With a dad as a coach, he was always pushed hard to put in the work to be the best he could be. A student of the game. Hockey was a member of the Hale family. Drive, determination, and work ethic were never a problem for Atticus as he moved up through the ranks of amateur and junior hockey. It wasn’t long before he realized that he had the potential to live out his dream as a professional hockey player and he has his family to thank for that. Without them, none of it would have been possible.

[161 words]

[Image: the5urrealshl.gif]

[Image: 9TttCL9.png][Image: n25g4JC.png][Image: P0OHsLJ.png][Image: DS1jqys.png][Image: M98Qi4H.png]
[img=0x0]https://imgur.com/KOKeZZJ.png[/img]

The Scottish highlands is not the traditional beginning for a professional ice hockey player. Even more so when you live out in the sticks, on a farm, far from the rink. Going into the ‘city’ was always an event for young Daryl, and his father was a big proponent of some sports that would be considered ‘niche’ in the highlands. To be fair, unless it’s football (yes it’s called football, not soccer), rugby or shinty (like angry Scottish field hockey played by farmers), the. It’s probably considered niche up there. An interest in American football was one thing he developed, but one Sunday in Inverness, he saw a poster for an ice hockey game. He went along and wow, it was so exciting, so fast paced, he knew he had to be a part of it! So, he begged his dad to buy him some skates, taught himself how to stay upright and move, joined the local junior hockey team and the rest is history!

[Image: A3AlstA.png]

PLAYER PROMPT -

From a young age, Jarmo had always taken a liking to hockey. As an only child, he didn't have any siblings to inspire him, but just outside of his home was a large lake, which the local older kids would use to skate on and play pond hockey. This was the beginning on his desire to play, and once he got on a pair of skates, he never looked back. Hockey quickly became everything to him, first being signed up to play in a local youth league at the age of seven. From there, his abilities quickly grew, and it was clear that he was destined for more. He just loved the game, and continues to do so. Even though he's so far from home, going from a small town in Finland to the big city in Texas, when he's on the ice, he just feels like a child again and rediscovers that love for the game and the passion inside of him.

Player Prompt:

Adelie's entire origin story is about what drew him to the game. You see, Adelie was found as a young penguin by ISFL legend Bjorn Ironside. Bjorn observed young Adelie bravely fighting off a skua and thought to himself, there is one who has the drive to be great. Bjorn took Adelie in and taught him a love for sports. He drilled it into Adelie that if he worked hard, he would become the greatest penguin the world had ever known. Even greater than his idol, Sir Nils. So he started by teaching Adelie about football and the young penguin grew up to be a hulking beast of a bird and started off in football. Adelie quickly rose the ranks and became the greatest penguin to ever play the game. He even went to another league and dominated in the SCFSL as well. That wasn't enough though. Adelie had to drive to be the best penguin of all time and a one sport athlete wasn't enough. Hockey made sense. It was the easy transition as it was another high contact sport. Adelie took to it like a penguin to water and has never looked back in his goal.

[img=0x0]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/819596167843151906/843586092388057098/De_pengu_logo_2.png[/img]

Player Prompt 1

Growing up in Ireland, Cillian Kavanagh was not introduced to hockey at a young age. Hockey was towards the bottom of the list in which kids at that age would play. Soccer, rugby, golf and hurling are the major sports that attract the young minds of younger children with big dreams. However for Cillian, this was not the case. Cillian was brought to an Ireland national hockey game against England and completely fell in love. He began asking his parents for skating lessons, soon followed by hockey gear and apparel. Young Kavanagh was slightly behind the other children and a bit older too - unable to match the crisp skating and quick hands/shots of the other kids in his grade. Cillian than looked to a goaltending position to help bridge the gap of his late start into his hockey career. Cillian's hand-eye coordination proved to be all needed to be successful at that level and pro levels above.

Word Count: 158

[Image: takethehorizon.gif]
[Image: IdMkYiH.png]

[Image: NIYtQkE.png] [Image: NjFSX1z.png]

PT Pass

Vadim Askerov Player Page
Vadim Askerov Update Thread

A great activity to get kids involved in both in a social aspect and a physical one is the game of golf. While most of the Panthers go golfing in the offseason, very few play throughout the year -- Donair is one of those guys who goes out to play whenever the FHM gods bless the team with a couple days off in a row before multiple back to back stretches. Thus, Donair has partnered with The First Tee (an organization devoted to bringing golf to underprivileged youths) to make the Panther Putt-off. It's a fun mini golf type course with a few pitches and drives sprinkled throughout for fun, along with golf clinics offered by professional golfers. The weekend ends with a pro-am tournament. Each foursome features an SHL pro, a PGA tour pro, and two children from the area. Teams alternate best ball with a scramble mode so that the kids have important shot opportunities!