Create Account

S65 PT #1: Inspiration

WSBL PT

First of all I'd make sure all the kids have the proper equipment. It is beyond important that players have the proper equipment going into any job, hobby, sport, etc. Once that is taken care of, we can go through some drills. Mainly, communication. It is absolutely key to be able to communicate with your teammates, vocally or unspoken, during any time you're together on the field of play. After that, making sure proper competitive spirit remains and you remain level-headed no matter what happens. Getting upset or angry will only make your play worse, I know this from experience.

After that is said and done, it's time to get into the nitty gritty of things. Boot up the game and start playing. Apex Legends is the game of choice of course, but they'll likely be one or two games of NHL going on as well. After all, physical exertion is hard and what better way to have fun than playing video games with your favorite SHL star!

PLAYER PROMPT

Hockey has been the main sport I have played since I was like 3 years old. My father loved hockey. So naturally growing up we played hockey anywhere we could. Tennis courts, out in the streets, but we did find a roller rink the town over. So we played there a lot. I played strictly roller hockey til I was about 10 then I tried ice hockey. I had to take some hockey power skating classes but it was really worth it. It made me dig deep and strive to be better. It was motivation because I felt like I knew how to play I just needed my skating ability to get there. My love for the game of hockey only kept growing. And my father being there and supporting me every step of the way was a huge influence on it as well. Hockey isnt the cheapest sport to play either and growing up we were not well off. So once I was really of age to understand what my father did for me, it just drove my determination to another level.  Cant thank him enough for where I am today. 

-192 words

[Image: jumbobone19.gif]
[Image: 9tINabI.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: xc2IPJy.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: wW0VNnL.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM @sköldpaddor @Merica for the Sigs

THIS IS IN RESPONSE TO PROMPT NUMERO UNO, ALSO KNOWN AS PROMPT ONE.

Let us don our time machine helmets and run through a pane of space-glass. We go back to S39. A young Rob Wright, a stocky young lad, sits fixed in front of the television set -- 'too close' his mother would say. LEGOs, playing cards, and comic books litter the floor around him. He bounces excitedly as the program plays. It's ice hockey - a team in red called the Calgary Dragons seem to be battling intensely against a rival squad, dressed in white and blue, the Edmonton Blizzard. Rob squeals with delight mirroring the excitement of the game - the Dragons score! Rob jumps up to his feet and pumps his fists in the air and then air humps for a couple minutes, then he throws in a dab and a bong and a floss.

He turns defiantly to camera (wait what?) and says "I bet I could do that."

AND THEN HE DID.

Platoon Rob Wright Battleborn

Player prompt

Jimmy Wagner was always a competitive kid. At his youngest he was racing others and scoring goals consistently playing soccer as a 5 year old. Eventually, given the opportunity to skate, he fell in love with hockey and the speed of the game. Wagner was inspired by his desire to go faster, making a name for himself in youth camps in Austria as he out skated kids older then him. The hockey skills would come later as he started to take the leap from fast kid on ice to a legitimate top youth prospect. The high level youth play unlocked doors for him across the Atlantic, where he saw an opportunity to finally pay back his family for what they had invested in to him for the last decade. The combined desire to make a name for himself as well as support his family back home led the older Wagner sibling to the high levels he is at now.

159 words

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

Paul Koivu got into hockey because of his dad. his dad wanted paul and all the brothers to get into hockey, because he believed that statistically with all the kids he had, at least one should make it to the Simulation hockey league. Little did he know, all his children made it to the big league or will make it to the big league eventually. Hockey became super special for paul though because his brothers were also playing. So they would always try to one up each other by doing a better play or scoring more goals. The competitive drive really got the koivus to outperform themselves over and over again. This competition feeling just made paul want to keep winning and winning to get to the absolute top, because what is the point to play otherwise if you are not gonna be at the top? He could have given up long ago, but he is determined to get at the top of the simulation hockey league.

167 words i think

[Image: BriePK.gif]
|Canada |Steelhawks| Armada|

|Canada| Inferno| Knights|

[Image: unknown.png]

Creative Prompt:

Julio's youth event, like all of his events, is an excuse to have the sponsors fly in his old friends from around the league. Those who he has played with or against and wants to see again. it's a shell of an event to get his friends flown to the same area under the guise of charity. This season, Julio is gathering the gang near the edmonton mall to load up a party bus for a boozy ride around town, ending at the arena parking lot. A small tail gate and meet-and-greet gets the youth group involved. A big part of Julio's career was following his boys through the playoffs. Excelling at the post-post-season really separates the wheat from the chafe (spelling). Julio and his friends (Tony Pepperoni and James Truong) coached the kids through corn hole lessons, how to set up a wireless TV, beer chilling methods, cocktail recipes (including some secret ones!), lessons on how to get food and drink into the stadium, and how to win a fight against an opposing fan.

Player Page || Player Updates || Visual History

Player prompt

Patches, grew a huge passion for the game of hockey as a young pup, from being in the garden chasing sticks to them slowly chasing pucks around a frozen pond in his local city. As he grew up he made sure to join in all the minor hockey programs so that he could display his skill set to everyone he wasn’t just a normal pup, patches was made to play hockey. After a long youth career he ended up moving through the level with ease playing at the highest where all the scouts even watched the dog leap to every lose puck and finish his hits, Patches then began to get calls from minor league teams and soon began to see his life long dream turn into a reality, as he kept his old self chasing pucks on the pond it was time for patches to take hockey more seriously and so his young career began.

[Image: qlfNSs6.png][Image: tfifKNV.png]
[Image: d9J5DHT.png][Image: 16PgOBm.png]

[Image: CXrxOKM.png][Image: CXrxOKM.png]

[Image: jO2Di2N.png][Image: jO2Di2N.png]

Growing up in the Netherlands, Martijn didn’t dream of playing hockey professionally. Out there, he wanted to become a world renowned DJ and spent hours every day working on his producing and mixing skills. But when he was 10, he joined his uncle on a trip to Toronto and he attended his first NHL game. He fell in love with the sights and sounds - the speed of the game and the electric energy that filled the rink every time a play was made.

He went back home after that trip and begged his parents to get him his own skates. Ice time was hard to come by outside of the speed skating rinks but he wanted to find a way to continue to work on his game. So he did, every night he’d be at the rink until the lights were turned off. He didn’t give up his passion for DJing, but as his career progressed his focus transitioned to making hockey a career for a lifetime. The rest as they say, is history.

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

player prompt

the reason my player wanted to become a hockey player to begin with was his firey belief in vigilantism and keeping the streets clean of any hooliganism in his trailer park. it was the day that he learned that all he had to do was learn to run with these weird boot knives he'd have all the freedom in the world to roll kids over all day without consequence, he signed up immediately and found the best hockey sticks at the dump he could. he steps onto that ice every day ready and willing to plead his love for america with the hardest body checks known to man. and thanks to his families multiple generations of selective breeding his perfect 10/10 vision single eye gives him the incredibly eagle eyed sight required to crush the souls of his enemies with not only his all american hip checks, but top shelf corner pickers. 

Growing up in Norway, a country where hockey is more of an afterthought compared to football and skiing, Andreas Kvalheim did not know much about the sport of ice hockey when he was a young child. Instead, he was introduced to the sport when a group of young Norwegian hockey players started making some noise on the international ice hockey scene in the early S30s, challenging the traditional powerhouses like Canada, the USA, and Russia for the medal positions at the annual International Ice Hockey Federation World Championship. Perhaps the brightest star on this Norwegian team was Chris York, who played for the Toronto North Stars in the SHL. York was a dominant two way player, winning back to back scoring titles and Jeff Dar trophies in seasons 39 and 40. Andreas modelled his game off of York, and he was eventually able to make the move to North America and work his way up to becoming a SHL star.

[Image: 17307_s.gif]

StarsnorwayRenegades // PLAYER PAGE || UPDATES \\ RenegadesnorwayStars

Written Task: 
Growing up in Ireland, ice hockey isn't the most popular sport. Hell, the Irish National team had issues qualifying for IIHF play due to not have a rink that met the proper standards. But fortunately, Ireland has a lot of hockey type games, whether it be hurling, shinty, field hockey, etc. so I was still able to gain valuable experience in something "close" to hockey. While my parents had no connection to ice hockey, they had no issues with me taking it up. They did, however, have issue with me staying up into the wee hours of the morning to try and catch the start of whatever NHL game was being shown. But as I got older and was able to actually get on some ice, the connection was instant and since that first time lacing up the blades, I've been in love with the game ever since. Hopefully ice hockey continues to grow in Ireland and across the globe, so that other kids can grow to love the game we all do.

[Image: 65151_s.gif]

[Image: Tqabyfh.png] [Image: OOcGSpM.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-22-2022, 11:27 PM by hockeyiscool. Edited 1 time in total.)

Dwight Knight started to want to play hockey later than most. He actually discovered the game when visiting his grandparents in Norway. When he was about ten or eleven, the neighborhood kids would go out to the frozen Fjords in the dead of winter and would start playing hockey. At the time Dwight did not have any experience skating or any idea of what to do so he would just run on the tip of the skates as that's all he knew. It was difficult and it was a good laugh by everyone but it was a lot of fun for Dwight. When Dwight returned home he poked at the idea with his parents but his Dad knew that Dwight was to take over the family farm.  Dwight was so mesmerized by the sport that it was all he would ever think about. As Dwight grew older these memories would fade into the background and would think about them less and less until he arrived in Canada.

[167 words]
(This post was last modified: 05-22-2022, 08:16 PM by Zombiewolf. Edited 1 time in total.)

Jaska Seppala of the Buffalo Stampede has had a passion for hockey for as long as he could remember as he was chilling in his Finland home. Jaska Seppala has to give credit to his parents because they were always showing him support through all of the ups and downs off his career. There was also a Simulation Hockey League player that gave him some inspiration. That player is Brian Morley ( @Ragnar ) who was an absolute legend for the Los Angeles Panthers. A player who won a challenge cup, was nominated to the all star team multiple times, and won multiple individual trophies. On top of all that he was looking mad handsome while doing it. I mean just talking about Brian Morley makes my peepee tingle a bit. Jaska Seppala tries to live up to the great Brian Morley everyday while on the ice as well as his grooming habits.

[Image: blurrybad.jpg] [Image: zomboy3.png]
Thank you Brandon, Fish, GeckoeyGecko, Karey, Kit, takethehorizon, and Ragnar for the sigs!
[Image: Pw202QP.jpeg]

Player Page || Update page

Prompt 2

Elizabeth Doyle would more than likely be teaching children about her culture and some value that the Irish have. she would start by a fun activity of creating a Brigid's cross, which is used to guard your home from evil. It's named so after the pagan goddess of spring, Brigid. The cross is traditionally made of rushes and hung above the door. After, she would teach the kids about the traditional Irish dance, which have been popularized by the musical Riverdance. The dance is quite known for its elaborate footwork, it's colorful costumes it's folk music. It's quite a show to see and learning the basic of the dance is quite fun for children. She would end the day by bringing the kids on a short hike to teach them about the the myth and legends of Ireland, such as the fairies and the importance of shamrock in their culture.

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]