Create Account

S65 SMJHL PT #2 - Tactical Meeting

I did not get drafted, forgot to wake up that morning or alarm didn't go off, whatever it was. Hopefully coming in as an undrafted player, I'll be like Bobby Boucher coming in at halftime to lead the Mud Dogs to a Bourbon Bowl victory! As for tactics, I am hoping that the GMs play me lol, but depending on where I play which will be the 4th line, got to either play as the shutdown line or just make sure to limit goals against while the other players rest for 30 seconds or so. Use my great ability to win faceoffs, control the area and make sure me and my line mates stay out of the box!

I am smart on the game and love it so hopefully my insight and the leaders experience we can come up with some great lines, play and dominant season. Biggest thing I would like to help with is faceoffs because I think they are one of the most important things and working on special teams, even if I am not on the powerplay or kill but help either on the opposite side in drills.

[Image: BnanaNWaffles.gif]
Sig by @Ragnar / Avatar by @leviadan
[Image: lIYTYDN.png]  [Image: qtbn8zh.png]  [Image: wu5MVvy.png]

PT pass

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

So yeah, Basically I'm fresh off the boat, I barely speak any English(read this in whatever form of a Norwegian accent you can imagine in your head), and I just got signed yesterday. I have had maybe 1 conversation with coach about what he expects out of me, and frankly, its not much. But i'm ok with that. I expect my first season here to spent grinding out minutes on the 3rd or 4th line and just trying to contribute if/when i can.

I'm not expecting a huge amount of ice time this season first season, and thats ok. But i will work and train and get myself into a position where I think I can help the team the best way I can.

Its not a glamour story, but a lot of players start where I am.

[Image: cd6sM5U.gif]
arigato to everyone for the dope sigs <3

| Updates | Player Page |

Honestly, I think our line is doing really good right now. I am the center on the second line. I was surprised since I was a rookie being on the second line because I thought I was going to be on the fourth line probably. I am a fan of hockey but not into it like most people. So learning some more stats and to be aware of them has been pretty cool so far. I mean mainly new the basic stats like points, hits, blocks, saves, along other basic ones. But learning new ones like take away to give away ratios. If my line is similar to what I have been producing, we are doing well since I have a plus/minus of +5. I think our focus has been defensively because I already have over 20 blocked shots so I might need a dentist because I feel like my teeth have all been knocked out already. I think we will continue to be defensive minded and take quality shots when those opportunities arise. 

[Image: P1XRN7f.png]

The preseason went well for Ralph. He needed a few games to get his stride before the real games started. Now it was time to sit down with the team and really polish off the tactics they would be using. Ralph's ability to get the puck to the right guy will be crucial for his line. Recently, he has focused rather on getting the puck to net, trying to get the puck to a better shooter. First order of business will be creating a tight chemistry with the other's on his line. He needs to know what his teammates are thinking before they do and get it to them at the right opportunity. Second will be watching film of upcoming opponents to understand each player's defensive tendencies and the teams generally weaknesses and strategy. He is confident he can get the job done and make a successful season out of these points.

[Image: BtI4G9Q.png]

Konstantin was very upset as he started his training plan with his North American training team. The defensive defender was famed in his native Pori, Finland for his responsible, shutdown play style that allowed his teammates to be more willing to make mistakes and crank up their offensive risk. Apparently in St. Louis, everybody has to chip in for defense!? Äyräpää-Möttönen was not a happy camper when he heard this, he could take on all 6 attackers with his goaler in the Finnish youth system and felt very slighted towards his management.

The young defender was asked to work on such worthless things like SHOOTING RANGE, ACCURACY and OFFENSIVE READ!? Have these North Americans never heard that the best offense is a good defense? He should be learning how to most effectively check his opponents into the boards, crosscheck kidneys without the referee noticing, and taking the hardest slapshots on his shins.

[Image: pixlr.jpg]

[Image: 47052_s.gif]
[Image: 3NfeQdx.png]
[Image: rwzgzyB.png]
[Image: ju78wnC.png]

[Image: Yztckjo.png] [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

In the early days of the Whalers' season, Gallen has been placed on a line with good friend (and cousin) Benny Fiorentini and Matty McGarry. Although it has been a rough season for a rebuilding team (at the time of writing, Vancouver is 2-13-1 in the SHL), this line so far has shown promise. Due to his natural goal scoring talents, Gallen has been designated as the shooter/finisher for this line, always looking to score anywhere in the offensive zone. McGarry, gifted with incredible puck moving and playmaking talents, is the setup man who's always looking out for his other forwards or defensemen to try and start a play. In the event that the forwards or defensemen are caught behind the play and can't rush back to defend, the always defensive-minded Fiorentini can provide a swift and impactful backcheck whenever he is called upon to do so.

Is it a figuring out process for a team that's deep in a rebuilding phase? Yes. However, can this line inspire hope for the future of Whalers hockey and potentially lead them to the top of the mountain? That's the goal.

[Image: leblaVa.gif]
Shoutout to @adamantium for the sig! <3

Playing on the third defensive pair with Titanus Mosura, our mission is clear. Old the fort and if we are able to score points once in a while, it’s all for the better.

Me being the legs in our duo while he is the defensive guru, our plan of attack is simple. He’ll be the one to cut passes and to be a big menace to the other teams’ offensive scheme while I’ll be the one supporting him. Once someone gains control of the puck, they pass it to me and I’ll be in charge of carrying it to the other blue line. Once we are firmly installed in the other team zone, my mission is simple. It is simply to get open and to get as many pucks to the net as possible. I might not be the most precise player on the team, but I shoot cannonballs that can generate favorable rebounds. I only wish they would make the goals bigger BECAUSE THE ONES WE ARE PLAYING WITH RIGHT NOW DEFENITELY AREN’T REGULATION SIZE!

Getting ready because there is only 364 days before the next hockey team selection   Renegades

[Image: Ggpmsvy.png]

Bavel Pure isn’t the best player when it comes to coming up with tactics or overall game plans. Pure knows he is good at one thing and will attempt to use that skill any chance he gets. Bavel knows how to score goals, that what he does. When it comes to tactics, he let’s his coaches and other players make those plans. He will follow whatever tactic or plans that are put forward, he is a team player, but he knows that when he is given the green light to fire a puck at the net, he takes it. He won’t dog on the defensive side of game either, if the coach decides his line is to be a shut down line, he will do his best the shut the opponent down. But when the tactic includes needing to score a goal, that’s when Pure really shines. He has already shown the league he can score, with 6 goals on 30 shots. The coaches are starting to incorporate this skill of Bure into their tactics. Will this 20% shooting percentage continue? Keep watching to find out.

[Image: Ci4nm13.png]sig by @Bruins10 
Scarecrows   Specters   Canada 

pbe

Jonathan Mercer is trying to learn his role and perfect his craft of being a powerplay quarterback in the SMJHL. However, his power play time is limited as he is new to the league and has to adjust. Taking the role of being the powerplay quarterback on the St. Louis Scarecrows is not an easy job, as their offense is rather potent already and Mercer is playing lower ice time in order to get his feet wet and adjust to the league.

To learn his craft, Mercer has been watching old hockey clips from the SHL and SMJHL in order to learn how to be the best powerplay quarterback in this league, and to become even better than the ones that have done the job before thim. Mercer's time to run the powerplay has not begun, but it will at some point. Either this season or next, or even the season after that, but Mercer will get his shot.

[Image: g7VtVXX.png?1]

[Image: Z8YSDad.gif]

[Image: crutchfield.gif]

Claiming SSL Affiliate

[Image: jackkanoff.gif]

[Image: jeffiesigs.gif]
Nour is pretty hot ngl