Create Account

Get a Click Bot to Run the Sim on YouTube

we should just let the NHL Hitz 2002 AI run a season for us

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

05-17-2022, 04:58 PMGCool Wrote:
05-17-2022, 04:47 PM_Blitz_ Wrote: If the sims are this much of an issue for people, perhaps it's time to consider going to pre-recorded sims for the regular season.

That's an interesting notion. I suppose you can easily divide the season into weeks, which is where the updates would go in, so it would be possible to pre-record and produce chunks of sim days!
I'm not sure you'd want to record more than one day at a time, given that GMs still need to be able to make changes to strategies more or less at will, and there's many more mid-season signings and trades in the SHL compared to the ISFL. It's something to talk about, especially if it's something that would be easier for the simmers.

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

05-17-2022, 05:22 PM_Blitz_ Wrote:
05-17-2022, 04:58 PMGCool Wrote: That's an interesting notion. I suppose you can easily divide the season into weeks, which is where the updates would go in, so it would be possible to pre-record and produce chunks of sim days!
I'm not sure you'd want to record more than one day at a time, given that GMs still need to be able to make changes to strategies more or less at will, and there's many more mid-season signings and trades in the SHL compared to the ISFL. It's something to talk about, especially if it's something that would be easier for the simmers.

Oh, duh. You're totally right. I think I'm just fried from earlier Laughing

05-17-2022, 05:22 PM_Blitz_ Wrote:
05-17-2022, 04:58 PMGCool Wrote: That's an interesting notion. I suppose you can easily divide the season into weeks, which is where the updates would go in, so it would be possible to pre-record and produce chunks of sim days!
These points ring true. Additionally, we have simmers live stream their work so that we can prove that there isn’t anything nefarious happening with the sims. Pre-recording eliminates our ability to observe changes made to the sim in real time.

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

05-17-2022, 12:17 PMPatty Wrote:
05-17-2022, 11:50 AMLordBirdman Wrote: Box scores... give me some gosh darned box scores on the site and spare GMs from doing this in separate LRs

This sounds like a great idea but do we have the free labor with the technical competency to do this or would it cost dolla dolla billz?
FHM 8 has box score exports

Take my money.

This would possibly bring back @BarnabasCollins

[Image: Wally.png]

I prefer yelling at an actual person for fucking up than a bot tbh

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

05-18-2022, 12:55 AMnotorioustig Wrote: I prefer yelling at an actual person for fucking up than a bot tbh

That's why I play on Seattle

[Image: lespoils.gif]

05-17-2022, 05:39 PMWannabeFinn Wrote:
05-17-2022, 05:22 PM_Blitz_ Wrote: I'm not sure you'd want to record more than one day at a time, given that GMs still need to be able to make changes to strategies more or less at will, and there's many more mid-season signings and trades in the SHL compared to the ISFL. It's something to talk about, especially if it's something that would be easier for the simmers.
These points ring true. Additionally, we have simmers live stream their work so that we can prove that there isn’t anything nefarious happening with the sims. Pre-recording eliminates our ability to observe changes made to the sim in real time.
Don't other sim leagues pre-record without issues? I'm not saying we have to move to that just curious since other sim leagues seem to do pre-recorded streams without an issue.

[Image: OX6Yrrn.png]

[Image: hPSkjwC.jpg]
Thank you @xjoverax and @phoenix for the sigs!

05-18-2022, 09:57 AMBfine Wrote:
05-17-2022, 05:39 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: These points ring true. Additionally, we have simmers live stream their work so that we can prove that there isn’t anything nefarious happening with the sims. Pre-recording eliminates our ability to observe changes made to the sim in real time.
Don't other sim leagues pre-record without issues? I'm not saying we have to move to that just curious since other sim leagues seem to do pre-recorded streams without an issue.

I think ISFL litteraly had a scandal where someone cheated TPE gains with pre-recorded sims. Pretty sure it isn't without issues.

Character Page RD- Quarterback
[Image: micool132.gif]

Retired players:
-Toki Wartooth
-Nathan Explosion btw
-Angus McFife XVIII

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

05-18-2022, 12:21 PMmicool132 Wrote:
05-18-2022, 09:57 AMBfine Wrote: Don't other sim leagues pre-record without issues? I'm not saying we have to move to that just curious since other sim leagues seem to do pre-recorded streams without an issue.

I think ISFL litteraly had a scandal where someone cheated TPE gains with pre-recorded sims. Pretty sure it isn't without issues.

They did, indeed. He was amazingly accurate in his weekly predictions.

[Image: FJPVyys.png]

05-18-2022, 12:37 PMwumaduce Wrote:
05-18-2022, 12:21 PMmicool132 Wrote: I think ISFL litteraly had a scandal where someone cheated TPE gains with pre-recorded sims. Pretty sure it isn't without issues.

They did, indeed. He was amazingly accurate in his weekly predictions.
The trick is to be really bad at them so no one suspects you're cheating

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]