Create Account

Get a Click Bot to Run the Sim on YouTube

05-17-2022, 12:17 PMPatty Wrote:
05-17-2022, 11:50 AMLordBirdman Wrote: Box scores... give me some gosh darned box scores on the site and spare GMs from doing this in separate LRs

This sounds like a great idea but do we have the free labor with the technical competency to do this or would it cost dolla dolla billz?
FHM 8 has box score exports

Well that is certainly a great thing and something I very much look forward to Yay

[Image: BirdmanSHL.gif]

Jean-François Bokassa
Armada

Proud Father of Johnny Wagner-Svenson

[Image: unknown.png]
Sven Svenson Career Stats

Sweden Raptors pride

So easy you could build it yourself!

[Image: 66624_s.gif]
[Image: 56096_s.gif]
Credit to Ml002, King, Wasty, Carpy, Bruins10, Rum_Ham, Turd Ferguson, Ragnar and Enigmatic for the sigs.
Forge Stampede Inferno Specters Wolfpack Platoon Armada Scarecrows Uk

Player page | Player updates
[Image: wMGKypg.png]

05-17-2022, 01:48 PMAcsolap Wrote: So easy you could build it yourself!

I'm not really sure how to interpret this. I don't mean any offense. I'm just asking for a frank discussion among people who have created things like this before. I have, but for different games. Java-based applet games that have exactly one X by X screen that may or may not have pointers at certain times.

I don't know the workflow for GMs to simmers and how line changes get communicated. I don't know if the burden of the mistakes should rest entirely on the simmers - or even at all! It might be as dumb as a line of Discord messages that GMs expect simmers to flawlessly copy into some other place they're downloading. Maybe paying them more and more is not the answer; maybe making their jobs easier was the answer all along.

So while I appreciate you taking the time to type this out, I apologize if any of my flippant remarks implied this wasn't a more-than-half serious suggestion on my part. I want to see a flawless sim like back in STHS. I want to be able to rely on the scores and timing and things, as though that's the entire point of playing the game. Sorry.
(This post was last modified: 05-17-2022, 01:56 PM by caltroit_red_flames. Edited 1 time in total.)

05-17-2022, 01:35 PMGCool Wrote:
05-17-2022, 01:24 PMluke Wrote: downloading files

Clicking

05-17-2022, 01:24 PMluke Wrote: getting lines uploaded

Clicking

05-17-2022, 01:24 PMluke Wrote: check against something GM’s submit to double check all the lines are uploaded properly

Certainly a conundrum. Likely where the 'simmer' could spend some more time now that the download/upload/running the YT channel has been taken from their hands.

05-17-2022, 01:24 PMluke Wrote: Goalie swap which would have to be a fuckton of work to determine who is swapping what on each day.

True, that was mentioned as an issue earlier. Haven't thought about it too much, but it seems doable. Especially if you map out the most exhaustive case (i.e. every team switching out their goalie between game days, as it would not rely on a human).

You have a pattern of trivializing things you have no knowledge of, asking to be in charge of that thing, and then dipping. Let's stop at step 1 this time and just go with "GCool doesn't know what he's talking about" and leave it there.

05-17-2022, 01:52 PMGCool Wrote:
05-17-2022, 01:48 PMAcsolap Wrote: So easy you could build it yourself!
I don't know the workflow for GMs to simmers and how line changes get communicated.
Before posting you should have figured this out.

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]
(This post was last modified: 05-17-2022, 02:07 PM by sve7en. Edited 1 time in total.)

05-17-2022, 01:55 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote:
05-17-2022, 01:35 PMGCool Wrote: Clicking

Clicking

Certainly a conundrum. Likely where the 'simmer' could spend some more time now that the download/upload/running the YT channel has been taken from their hands.

True, that was mentioned as an issue earlier. Haven't thought about it too much, but it seems doable. Especially if you map out the most exhaustive case (i.e. every team switching out their goalie between game days, as it would not rely on a human).

You have a pattern of trivializing things you have no knowledge of, asking to be in charge of that thing, and then dipping. Let's stop at step 1 this time and just go with "GCool doesn't know what he's talking about" and leave it there.

05-17-2022, 01:52 PMGCool Wrote: I don't know the workflow for GMs to simmers and how line changes get communicated.

I didn't realize doing a research report was a prerequisite for the Suggestion Box now. Didn't seem to be an issue for myself or others recently. Maybe check your beef at the door?

Suggestion - > "this is why we can't do that" seems like a normal way to learn and have these discussions.

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

05-17-2022, 01:55 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote: You have a pattern of trivializing things you have no knowledge of, asking to be in charge of that thing, and then dipping. Let's stop at step 1 this time and just go with "GCool doesn't know what he's talking about" and leave it there.

Why be mad? We gonna bring up the updater head thing when I was recovering from cancer again? That kinda sucks, dude. I'm sorry I left it the way I did, stuff just got hard. I'm making a pretty benign - moreso than that tumor - suggestion with this to ease the struggles of simmers. Chill out.

05-17-2022, 01:55 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote: Before posting you should have figured this out.

Where? The general discord I'm not in? Should I just go around and DM GMs? I'm talking to 7 and AS360 about it and they're providing clarity because they understand my tone isn't menacing and I'm not just saying we should just flatly shift everything. It turns out when they walked me through it, a click bot would *NOT* solve every issue. It seems like standardizing the methods with which GMs communicate line and goalie updates per day could be a play. And obviously I'm not super involved with any of that, so I'd let sleeping dogs lie.

I only wanted discourse, man. No need to be mean.

05-17-2022, 02:06 PMsve7en Wrote:
05-17-2022, 01:55 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote: You have a pattern of trivializing things you have no knowledge of, asking to be in charge of that thing, and then dipping. Let's stop at step 1 this time and just go with "GCool doesn't know what he's talking about" and leave it there.

I didn't realize doing a research report was a prerequisite for the Suggestion Box now. Didn't seem to be an issue for myself or others recently. Maybe check your beef at the door?

Suggestion - > "this is why we can't do that" seems like a normal way to learn and have these discussions.
Huge difference between demanding a research report and asking to take 5 seconds and ask their GM "how do we submit lines?". I didn't say anything out of line here lol

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

05-17-2022, 02:34 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote: Huge difference between demanding a research report and asking to take 5 seconds and ask their GM "how do we submit lines?". I didn't say anything out of line here lol

I did ask, and what I was failing to understand was you're unable to upload multiple files for the same team based on how they're named, so it seems. You can't automate it for each day, 1 to X, even if you were clearing the folder each time.

Fact is you could've been cooler about it. You still could have explained something to me and actually earned that intellectual dominance you've pushed on me since 2017.

We didn't even brush the fact that sim can also crash or have others issues where an autoclicker could be more a nuisance than anything else Eyebrow but i can click click click

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]

05-17-2022, 02:54 PMEvok Wrote: We didn't even brush the fact that sim can also crash or have others issues where an autoclicker could be more a nuisance than anything else Eyebrow but i can click click click

Does it crash pretty often? Then yeah, maybe I approached this all wrong. Might be easier to standardize or automate something before the actual simming to ensure things are correct.

05-17-2022, 11:50 AMLordBirdman Wrote:
05-17-2022, 10:31 AMGCool Wrote: You could even scroll through and screenshot post-game stats via bot, honestly. Lol. It'd be much easier.

Box scores... give me some gosh darned box scores on the site and spare GMs from doing this in separate LRs

this is an fhm feature from version 7 and beyond. we already have the database infrastructure built for when we swap engines in S66.

05-17-2022, 01:35 PMGCool Wrote:
05-17-2022, 01:24 PMluke Wrote: downloading files

Clicking

05-17-2022, 01:24 PMluke Wrote: getting lines uploaded

Clicking

05-17-2022, 01:24 PMluke Wrote: check against something GM’s submit to double check all the lines are uploaded properly

05-17-2022, 01:24 PMluke Wrote: Goalie swap which would have to be a fuckton of work to determine who is swapping what on each day.

I mean, you can say just click, but the error handling would be very paepae to figure out. Like Evok said the sim can crash randomly, among other errors it can have. For me personally I’d rather have the devs focus on other projects than this one. Especially since the simmers do a decent enough job.

Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

05-17-2022, 03:10 PMluke Wrote: I mean, you can say just click, but the error handling would be very paepae to figure out. Like Evok said the sim can crash randomly, among other errors it can have. For me personally I’d rather have the devs focus on other projects than this one. Especially since the simmers do a decent enough job.

I guess in not having hands-on experience with this sim I definitely overlooked what kind of issues can occur before even starting the sim itself. When I originally thought of this I was under the assumption that the files had been audited/etc. already and then the sim would take place at a certain time predictably every day. But yeah, the more I look at it and from some constructive feedback, doesn't seem plausible or really worth it considering the clicking bit is the easiest part and something a human is very capable of doing while interacting with chat, etc.

I'll certainly own up to having a bad idea! I appreciate people taking the time.

I'm not opposed to it, if there's a way to make it work. Perhaps this is an idea to keep in the notebook for testing in S68, after we get a few seasons in the new engine.

If the sims are this much of an issue for people, perhaps it's time to consider going to pre-recorded sims for the regular season. The league is so big now, it's not unreasonable if it makes things easier. I know that the schedule inconsistency has been a problem for some members on top of the goalie/line change problems. It's my opinion that the playoffs should always be live simmed, though.

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

05-17-2022, 04:47 PM_Blitz_ Wrote: If the sims are this much of an issue for people, perhaps it's time to consider going to pre-recorded sims for the regular season.

That's an interesting notion. I suppose you can easily divide the season into weeks, which is where the updates would go in, so it would be possible to pre-record and produce chunks of sim days!