Create Account

(GRADED)Deep Dive #1 Influense by Norway
(This post was last modified: 05-22-2022, 08:41 PM by CptSquall. Edited 2 times in total.)

Hi all!

I am going to take a deep dive into Norway and Norwegian players in the SHL and SMJHL. I have been working on this list for a while now so I hope it is not outdated yet. Tried to do something new as my first Deep Dive and if it is rejected, well then I just have to write another one.

The list of Norwegian players in the system contains of fortyone players. Actually a lot more than I had hoped for. Out of these players twelve have changed their nationality for the better. Sixteen are inactives including one nation swapper. That leaves fourteen active players that were Norwegian at birth and a total of twenty five active Norwegians. The top five of all those with a Norwegian passport are:
  • Dwight Knight with 1803 TPE playing for the Tampa Bay Barracuda.
  • Vladimir Petrov with 1710 TPE is also playing for the Tampa Bay Barracuda.
  • Rob Wright with 1674 TPE playing for the Baltimore Platoon.
  • Teddy Murphy with 1643 TPE playing for the Seattle Argonauts.
  • Ole Olson with 1617 TPE playing for the New Orleans Spectre.
Dwight Knight has so far this season played 16 matches as left wing and made 3 goals and 10 assists with a +/- of 11. Vladimir Petrov, right wing, has made 7 goals and 11 assists in the same amount of games. Earning a +10 in the +/- stat. Rob Wright, also at 16 games, is so far at 12 points. 7 goals and 5 assists, but with -1 in +/-. He has played as center. Teddy Murphy has played as right defenseman and has gathered 10 points, 6 goals and 5 assists, in 14 games. +/- 12. Ole Olson has played 17 games so far on the left side of the defense and is at 4 goals and 7 assists with +/- 6.

The only position that hasn’t been mentioned among Norway's top players is goalie. And the best Norwegian goalie is Cillian Kavanagh who is playing for the Texas Renegades.

The average TPE for a Norwegian player is 870. The season the most Norwegians entered the league is actually the current one. So far five players from Norway have started. Philippe-Eko Eel from the Anchorage Armada, Ged Sparrowhawk from the Colorado Raptors, Tom Pedersen also from the Raptors, Torsten Eriksen from the Carolina Kraken and Tom Holberg who was just recently claimed by the Anchorage Armada. This bodes well for the future.

The team with the most players from Norway in SHL is Texas Renegades with a total of five, while the same for SMJHL is two players at both Colorado Raptors and Anchorage Armada.

Name Wise I must say there are plenty of funny names, but not actually that many I’d consider to be a typical Norwegian name. But in the modern day there are many Norwegians with non-typical Norwegian names so who cares? Except me when I try to get in a few more words, but then again I don’t care I just like words. The funniest ones are Gonzo Gobbledygook and Grogu Mandosson. Those names crack me up every time.

Norway is ranked as twelfth in season sixtyfour in the simulation of IIHF which is the exact position Norway has in the real IIHF today as well. Twelve games gave three wins and a win percentage of 0,389. They did however have a goal difference of minus one. Which is not bad with that many losses. Teddy Murphy was the best player in regard to points with eleven. Dwight Knight was second with ten and Salzburger Lillehammersson was third with nine.

In the WJC Norway doesn’t have its own team. The only Norwegian player I have found is Bubba Tree and he plays for Finland? Haven’t been able to find out how the WJC actually works with nationality swaps and such. Will Bubba return to Norway when he is eligible for IIHF or will he continue to be Finnish? I have no clue, but I can already let you know that Tom Pedersen won’t don anything but the Norwegian national jersey. 

Hopefully all the new players that have joined the SMJHL this season are able to get on to the national team and help them to achieve great things. It is indeed very much needed and I wish you the best of luck.

Thank you for reading.  norway

[Image: You_Doodle_2023-11-14T20_56_45Z.jpg?ex=6...d1516e717&]
[Image: cgv4vCv.png][Image: 3Kip7R0.png][Image: ivBf7yq.png][Image: cEbgUph.png]

norway

[Image: grogu111-A11.jpg]
norway                             IIHF Team Norway                          norway

Approved, +5 TPE to @tomtommen

[Image: CptSquall.gif]