Create Account

S65 SMJHL PT #3 - Rivalry Week

Which team is your team's biggest rival in the league and why? This could be due to recent history, old history, medium history, personal beef, branding antagonism, passing on you in the draft, etc. - whatever the reason, which team in the league would you consider to be the biggest rival of your team?
Written option: 150 words on the above
Graphic option: Make a Rivalry Week promo graphic highlighting the two teams squaring off
Reward
3 TPE for doing the thing. (Just one of the things, not both.)
Only S65 SMJHL Rookies (S66 SHL Draftees) are eligible for this PT.
Link PBE, WSBL or ISFL submissions here to get credit for affiliate claims.
Do not claim this TPE until a post is made in the claim thread.
Deadline: Sunday, May 29th @ 11:59pm EST

[Image: jay2233.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @High Stick King and @Maxy for the sigs!

Raptors Argonauts 
[Image: m59RPb7.png][Image: FcWmVTl.png]

[Image: bvG20Bo.png]

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-23-2022, 07:50 AM by WildfireMicro.)

For who would be the rival of the Maine Timber, there is still a lot of bad blood between them and the Newfoundland Berserkers. Newfoundland beat the Timber in the S55 finals, and then proceeded to beat Maine in 11 straight Playoff series. It took until about two seasons ago for the Timber to not just drop to Newfoundland in the playoffs. As such, the games between the two teams can get extremely physical and hate filled. Sir Devoir is a new Timber in the locker room and even he can feel the old wounds and animosity in the locker room when a game against Newfoundland is coming up.

As for me, I just did not like thier laughing goal horn back in the day, and I do not know if they are still using it or not. But I can feel the anger from some of the Maine vets in the locker room whenever the Berserkers are on the schedule, and that is enough for me to consider them the rival.

Code:
172 words

[Image: wfm-sig.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

While I'm new to the league and have yet to really experience the rivalry, talk around the locker room is that the Berserkers are on the top of our list. They swept us out of the playoffs two season ago, and defeated us in the finals in S55, with a number of showdowns in-between. 

Between the number of playoff losses to them, combined with their success in general, it makes them a natural target for us, and I feel that we're poised to make a run at them and turn the tide of the rivalry. We beat them 2-1 in our first matchup of the year and hope to continue to do so later on this season when we face off again. We're currently ahead of them in the standings but the season is still young and with their experience anything can happen and we will need to stay sharp to keep them below us while we continue to fight for the top spot in the league. 

Code:
167 Words

Hi all, PT #3 already, time flies when you have fun. Okay, todays point task is about rivalries, which is not an easy task if you are a member of a team like the Great Falls Grizzlies who are a team without a long history. They have played only four seasons which is by far not enough to build up a rivalry in my opinion. You need atleast a dozen seasons under your belt. But if i have to select a team as possibly rivals, i would mention the Newfoundland Berserkers. Why? Well because in their short history the Great Falls Grizzlies did manage to reach the Four Star Cup Finals once. That happened in Season 63 and it was against the Newfoundland Berserkers. The Grizzlies lost the finals 1-4 which might have very well been the start of a rivalry, but frankly that is way too soon to tell. Future will tell which team can actually be called a true rival of the Grizzlies.

Stars | Player | Update Thread | Gordie#6746 | Manual Lineup Sheet | HockeyNation | Grizzlies

Is there a team called the Meteor or the T-Rex? Because those are the only things that could stop the rampage of a raptor. As such, the entire league is our rival. We will eat the league and their unhatched young. We will crush our enemies and see them driven before us and hear the lamentation of their women. Whether they be canine, avian, cetacean, cervidae, hominid, and yes even fictional; all will succumb to the rapacious rage of the Raptors! We are the apex predators. Resistance is futile, you will be digested and ejected. Disrespected and dismissed. Why does anyone even bother to play hockey when their demise is obviously inevitable? No matter. The Raptors are more than pleased to indulge your death wish. You will be our meal whether you desire it or not. This is the way of nature. Accept your fate as prey as we embrace ours as predators!
(This post was last modified: 05-23-2022, 12:41 PM by khkreator. Edited 1 time in total.)

[Image: Batt-Le-o-F-The-North.png]

[Image: KING.png]

I’m relatively new to the league but if I would have to pick a rivalry for my team the malamutes I would have to say it would be the Anchorage armada. I love playing the same division and we are the closest teams geographically to each other in the division. So theoretically it would make sense for us to be rivals as geographically makes sense and we play each other a lot as we are both in the Mayfield division. You could also easily go with Detroit as they are undefeated and easily probably the most disliked in the division right now because of that. Again I am extremely new to this league as I have only played in one game so to me everything is relatively new so I just based it off of general knowledge and basic terms of what  normally make up rivals. Hopefully in the coming weeks I can give you a better answer to this question. But right now I would have to say Anchorage or Detroit.    

The Grizzlies are a comparatively new team being founded in season 61 so a rivalry based on historical performance or results doesn't quite exist yet. However, there exists a pretty natural rival for Great Falls in Regina. Both were season 61 expansion teams to the J, both feature strong and powerful 'northern' animals as mascots (although a bear is inarguably a lot more imposing), geographically they are relatively close, and both play in the very cabin-core Ciarelli division of the Pacific conference. It's almost as if these teams were branded and placed where they were deliberately to create a rivalry. 

Obviously, with both franchises being so young there isn't too much to speak of in terms of 'history' between the clubs but don't be surprised if in the next few seasons the battle of the plains becomes more and more heated as both franchises mature. I fully expect an intense rivalry will develop between these two as the stage has been thoroughly set especially considering both teams are looking to push into contender territory in the somewhat near future.

To me, due to the short time I've been here, Vancouver's biggest rival is the Yukon Malamutes. They're the only team who got the pleasure of passing on me, even though I could have filled their gap at center. Sure, you could argue that maybe a first generation player shouldn't even have gone 2nd overall, but just ask the Whalers locker room if they regret it. Anyways, what on God's green Earth is a Malamute anyways? It looks like some sort of dog from the logo? I bet a Whale (Whaler?) could beat up on a Malamute. But anyways, this is a fight between two teams who are trying to rebuild after getting the top 2 picks in the draft, two teams who are really confident in their core for the future, and two teams who will be battling it out around the same spot of the standing for the foreseeable future. These two teams hate each other, and I look forward to seeing the Anaheim Outlaws Yukon Malamutes in the rearview mirror for seasons to come.

[Image: YztPk3T.png]  [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

Raptors vs Citadelles
This seasons first game against the Quebec City Cittadolls was followed by the vile stench of defeat. That Shyloo Moxxi dude should rename himself to Chadloo as there is nothing shy about him. Just flippflopping around scoring goals and making passes the rest of us have never seen before. It makes the game boring for the rest of us. Give the other teams the puck once in a while will you? Hopefully we can close the gap with hard training and commence some ass whooping in about 11 matches time. And I don't know why they shout "calice de tabernacle" all the time. Have they never used a tablecloth before? It doesn't help that they didn't even bother to interview me before the draft either. I guess I wasn't french or irish enough for them. I hope you get stale ale to go with your Poutine and afterwards quadrille of Ile d'Orléans down some stairs.. My newfound rivals!

[Image: TomPedersenCD.jpg]
[Image: cgv4vCv.png][Image: 3Kip7R0.png][Image: ivBf7yq.png][Image: cEbgUph.png]

I'm new here so I can't speak to any rivalries in the past, but when I asked around the locker room the answer was resounding. The Newfoundland Berserkers are the biggest rivals of the Maine Timber. 

That being said I think it's time to usher in a new era of hatred and unadulterated aggression. The Detroit Falcons have been an absolute thorn in the side of the Timber since the start of this season. With three games in hand they stand above us on the leaderboards. More yet, they dealt us the most humiliating defeat of the young season so far. I don't like losing, and I really don't like losing to these guys. I don't know if it's the way they play, or that fucking awful goal horn. But I hate it. And I hate them. And I'm looking forward to face washing every single one of them after every single whistle for the next four seasons. 

(I'm sorry Detroit, y'all were super cool when you scouted me and I wish you the best)

[Image: FG1uDPY.png][Image: QAcQptc.png]

[Image: RivalryMeme.jpg?width=480&height=707]

[Image: Nevada-Froste.jpg][Image: froste.png]
Signatures by myself and Ragnar

Although the Anchorage Armada has been around the SMJHL a lot longer than the Quebec City Citadelles, I chose the Citadelles to be the Armada's rival in todays PT due to the recent clashes the two teams have had over the course of QCC's time in the league following their creation in Season 55. The two teams have faced off multiple times over the past decade in the SHL and have found themselves in some very heated matchups in the playoffs. Their first playoff matchup featured the two teams competing against one another in Season 57. At this point this (The SMJHL Semi Finals) was the farthest the young Citadelles roster had gotten in the SMJHL playoffs and it was an extremely tightly contested series with both rosters featuring all kinds of young talent. Fast forward to Season 58 and the two found themselves facing each other once again, except in the SMJHL Finals (Confusing playoff system, yes I know). This time QCC ended up coming out on top and winning it all after beating the Armada 4-1. The two also faced each other the next 2 seasons with Anchorage coming out on top 4-2 and 4-0.

[Image: jackkanoff.gif]

[Image: jeffiesigs.gif]
Nour is pretty hot ngl
(This post was last modified: 05-29-2022, 03:26 PM by Ashes. Edited 2 times in total.)

SSL affiliate