Create Account

S65 SMJHL PT #3 - Rivalry Week

The rivalry between the St-Louis Scarecrows and the Detroit Falcons is notorious in the SMJHL.
I don't know when all this started because both teams are in the league since... so long ago haha!
In the beginning of time (can't get back more than S53), the second round of the playoffs between the two clubs went to a 7th game to go to the final. Unfortunately, Detroit wins that game and went to the final to win the Cup.
We needed to wait for the S60 playoffs to see another series between the two clubs. This time, the Scarecrows win in 4 games to sweep the series and take his revenge. This time the winner didn't win the Cup because Vancouver beat St-Louis in 7 games in the second round.
The last 3 seasons didn't go well for the Scarecrows so they didn't make the playoffs or got beat in 4 games, but they got a great draft and seems to go relatively well this season, but Detroit is first in the league so maybe later in the playoffs we're gonna see another matchup.

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]
[Image: un22.png] [Image: 5tu6.png]

Hi. It is me again. Thank you for interview time. Am tom Holberg here. I think that Anchorage biggest rivalry is Anchorage. I not score many goal so we not win many game. We have 10 more game lose than game win so far this season. I believe we have stuff to be good team in few year but right now, not good team.

I think thing we need to work on most is grow as tream. Team work not very good right now. But It ok. We will work as team together to get better.

Another thing. I think next season. It will be big season. I score lots of goals. I make lots of passes to other player then they score lots of goals. I will get lots of hits! BOOM! BIG HITS!

Again. Our worst enemy is us. But we will fix. We will get better. Next season big season.

[Image: cd6sM5U.gif]
arigato to everyone for the dope sigs <3

| Updates | Player Page |

the biggest rival in the whole smjhl that the anchorage armada have is obviously the colorado raptors. several anchorage armada affiliates have also spent time in the colorado raptors organization, but there is one player who stands out and makes this rivalry the clear most heated one - Binko Koivu. The armada have a koivu of their own, ricky koivu, and just this past season graduated another koivu (paul) to the SHL. Binko koivu is a middle brother in between these two, and he is on the colorado raptors. In addition to the koivu koivu rivalry between ricky and binko, @goldenglutes is the co-GM of the atlanta inferno, which means binko will one day play for the atlanta inferno. @hotdog is the GM of the atlanta inferno, which means his PEE player will also one day play for the atlanta inferno. These two future teammates really relish facing off against each other since it'll probably never happen again after this season!

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

Detroit. It has to be Detroit.

21-1-1! Are you kidding me???

Come on, they're definitely juicing and tapping into some unnatural sources of energy!

There's more than kale and sprouts at the dinner table for that team, I'm telling you. Bnana NWaffles smells like pure maple syrup from all the way over here, I'm just saying! I heard Janssen does backflips in goalie equipment before bed at night, and their top line holds seances at center ice before puck drop. You want on-time puck drops? This is where you start cutting!

Their overhead music official hid their laptop in the closet and locked it, and then illegally unsealed the organ room again. Do you know how disheartening it is to hear Phantom of the Opera played during the Penalty Kill on an actual organ? Who even still plays an organ? This team just ain't natural!

A player once blocked a shot from one of their defensemen and now that player's left leg walks in circles! They once took a shot at our goalie and got the puck stuck in BASE PACK's mask so tight it took three ushers and a zamboni driver to pull it loose! Is this hockey?

Someone at SMJHL HO should get a glucometer or something and start testing this team for Red Bull because I'm telling ya I've definitely seen wings in Detroit.

Kraken Falcons

[img=0x0]https://i.postimg.cc/B6Z5L0hG/SMJHL-Carolina-Kraken-Thomas-Nitro-FG400.png[/img]
[img=0x0]https://i.postimg.cc/tRN3dY0G/SHL-Draft-Prospect-Thomas-Nitro-FG400.png[/img]

Yikes. Ok, the biggest rival to kelowna is the Vancouver whalers. Not only are they proximal by geographic location, but also are getting pretty buddy budddy at the bottom of the standings. In seasons past this rivalry was something special, something that defies the boundaries of hockey, but also the boundaries of social and economic norms. Back in the day? Woo these two teams would go at it in some of the best series imaginable. Being two of the oldest teams in the simulation major junior hockey league, they have had the time to build a great rivalry, and hopefully, if I can help it, the rivalry will return to its once great form. Both teams are young and on the up and up. I would hope can’t get much worse. Hopefully
Before I leave for the simulation hockey league this rivalry will matter again. It had better. Well it doesn’t have to as long as kelowna is good.

[Image: Fantobens.gif]

Historically, the best and most prominent rivalry in the entire SMJHL, if not the entirety of the SHL, has been the clash between the Detroit Falcons on one side, and the St. Louis Scarecrows on the other.

While in more recent seasons the rivalry has settled down a bit and wasnt as clear as it once was due to the Scarecrows being absolutely terrible and not worth the attention, the Detroit Falcons are looking forward to times where their rival is at least able to muster a somewhat competent squad and pick up the glove again.

Detroit Falcons rookie Julian Flörsch, was well aware of the rivalry between the two teams when joined the Falcons Franchise. Julian is looking forward to brining back to life and continuing the rivalry, and experience it much like his Swiss and Falcons idol Cal Labovitch once did. Cal has been heard numerous times praising the level of respect between the two rival teams during his stay with the Falcons, and with Julian meeting some of his Swiss national teammates on the opposite side of the rivalry that shiuld make for interesting games.

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

When it comes to Rivals for the Maine Timber there is one name that stands out above all others and that is the Newfoundland Berserkers. A team that has constantly had out number for many seasons. While the Regular Season matchups tend to be split 50/50 it always seems to end the same way with Newfoundland knocking the Timber out in some round of the playoffs. The constant playoff dismissal at the hands of Newfoundland is what keeps them so high on my list as the Timber's number one rival. Even outside of all of the playoff issues the Newfoundland Berserkers are a team that always finds a way to win. While as a General Manager I tip my caps to their success, it still leaves a bitter taste in my mouth to see the team that I consider our biggest rival with so much success. Look for the Maine Timber to reignite the fire of this rivalry very soon and get some payback for all of those seasons!

Code:
170 words

[Image: SouthPaw.gif]

ISFL Affiliate Claim

[Image: Screenshot_20220622-220500_Picsart.jpg]

Oh mama, there's not a day that goes by that I'm not ready to absolutely clean up the surface of the ice with the fucking Kelowna Knights. Not only does the rivalry exist for Fiorentini by way of playing for the Whalers, but by virtue of my personal previous tenure as the Vancouver Whalers head GM (notably during the era of Nour's Kelowna Knights and their postseason dominance), I've always had bad blood ready to go for those puke green fuckers out east.

Yeah, you know, maybe the rivalry isn't exactly what it used to be. We used to be the two most dominant teams in Juniors and now look at us--second last and dead fucking last in the standings. Eight total wins between the two of us. So, yeah, maybe we're not exactly the former powerhouses that we used to be but make no mistake--even if we're gonna be absolutely terrible, you bet your ass we still wanna be less terrible than fucking Kelowna.

[Image: MvfRxO2.png]
sigs by me bitch

SMJHL Simmer Pt Pass

[Image: MWJDjbu.png]
[Image: 183de87f8b7c0453e0172c60380f5739.png]

Back in my day (trademarked), the St. Louis Scarecrows rival would have to be the Detroit Falcons. Playing on both sides of this rivalry underneath different players was interesting, as I got to see how each team viewed the other team. Even though both teams disliked one another, there was a mutual respect in between all the shit talking. However, playing for the Falcons and facing the Montreal Militia (at the time) was always exciting as there seemed to be some legitimate bad blood between those two teams.

Now, Mercer's biggest rival is every team that passed over him in the draft -- Nothing personal towards any GMs or teams that passed on him, but it's now his mission to make sure each team knows what they passed on and what he brings to the table as a top level talent for the SMJHL and potentially teh SHL in the future.

[Image: g7VtVXX.png?1]

[Image: Z8YSDad.gif]

[Image: crutchfield.gif]

This is my second player and my second go round with the St. Louis Scarecrows. My first player Lyle Odelein III, was drafted way back in S47 by St. Louis, and our biggest rival hasn't changed since well before then. I was torn when I first heard about the distaste for Detroit, I love that city and always enjoy being able to spend time there. But I quickly learned it had absolutely nothing to do with the great city of Detroit, but everything to do with the Falcons. Every time the Crows match up against the Falcons, it is a big game. I've felt right back into this season, with the Falcons have been having a great season so far, but us Crows have as well. We won our last game against them and I hope we win each and every other game we play against them for the rest of Bavel Pure's career! If things do continue as they have been, a playoff match up at some point in Bavel's stint in the SMJHL with the Falcons on the way to a Four Star Cup win for the Crows, would be pretty frickin fantastic. Let's go Crows!!!

[Image: Ci4nm13.png]sig by @Bruins10 
Scarecrows   Specters   Canada 

Dang great question and honestly, I do not have to think very hard to tell you that the best rivalry in the SMJHL is between the Detroit Falcons and the St. Louis Scarecrows. Definitely 1 hundo percent, actually let’s juice it a little more to one ten percent!! I joined the league in Season 50 and right away heard from the Falcons' locker room that we H-A-T-E St. Louis and I will learn very quickly why we do not like the Scardiecrows. I took their word for it but after Season 50 with a down year for Detroit the rivalry showed itself. If my memory serves me correctly both teams were doing well and during the streams of the games, I think the games were streamed then lol, trash talking began! Once we got to Season 53 and Falcons vets were carried by the new rising stars, Falcons seemed unstoppable and not only were St. Louis not having it but the whole league at that point, Detroit was just too good and went on to win the Cup!!

Along for the ride with St. Louis, was the Carolina Kracken who thought they were a tough cookie because they joined the teams of being good. This 3-way battle of good teams sparked A LOOOOOOT of trash talking and some intense hockey battles! While Scarecrows started to fall off, a new opponent entered the ring the Newfoundland Berserkers...this is also when Detroit started to fall off as it lost most of its Season 53 stars, but they were given the Falcons' SKREE as best as Detroit could but wouldn't say either of those two teams compare to the Detroit and St. Louis rivalry which also extends beyond my existence.

Will say though that another opponent might have entered the SMJHL steel cage match with the Detroit Falcons this year and they go by the Quebec City Citadelles, may the battles be hard and true...welcome into the OCTAGON!!! SKREE!!!! Falcons

[Image: BnanaNWaffles.gif]
Sig by @Ragnar / Avatar by @leviadan
[Image: lIYTYDN.png]  [Image: qtbn8zh.png]  [Image: wu5MVvy.png]

The greatest rivalry in the entire history of the league is me (and, by extension, all of Nevada) is the Quebec City Citadels. Why? Because they're the first team I'm ever going to play. I will make sure to resent and hold every harmful and negative emotion garnered towards them, win or lose, and bring it against them every match up I play against them for the rest of my career. What will happen, ultimately, is that they will kick my ass and probably own me forever. But it'd be really cool if I played good enough to actually win against them. So, yes, Citadels vs. LA Rams the Battleborn. Greatest rivalry in league history. I will also have a deep and personal rivalry with the first *player* who plays goalie against us. This would be Justin Time. While your name is fantastic, Justin, I am sorry but I will have to hate you forever.
Bring it.

Rivalries between teams make the entire sport more fun and exciting. Both sides play harder against each other regardless of preseason, regular, or the post season. There is a sense of pride in coming out on top whenever the schedule aligns. For the Nevada Battleborn I am not as familiar with their history as much as say the Scarecrows so this may be wrong, but I say our rivals are the Newfoundland Berserkers or the Maine Timber. When we play them, the shots are harder, hits are tougher, and the fights are just way more intense. The fans get more enthralled and care so much more against these teams in particular. Some games are super close and exciting, while others are blowouts which are either very enjoyable or crushing to the bone. There is an understanding that those game are just more important than any others we play during our seasons.