Create Account

S65 SMJHL PT #3 - Rivalry Week

So this is an odd PT for a player that is part of the newly relocated franchise of Yukon. If I would have to pick a rivalry for my team, I would have to say it would be the Vancouver Whalers. Nothing screams hockey more than a Canadian rivalry, it would make sense for us to be rivals as we are both rebuilding teams located on the western side of Canada. Yukon has played Vancouver once this season so far and absolutely stomped them 8-2. Beat downs like that are what rile up fan bases and I’m sure the next time these two teams get together there will be so much passion on the ice.

The only downside to this rivalry is that the ywo teams are not in the same division, so while the games won’t be as frequent as both cities would like, for the few times these two teams do meet the players will be out for blood!

[Image: zcOwSzN.png] [Image: b1AwZLU.png]
First ever Yukon Malamute draft pick (1st overall S65)

[Image: ezgif-3-597e9990a5.png]

Quebec City has had a couple of teams you could call rivals, these are in no particular order but I feel like they all have a good intensity to them.

Nevada Battleborn - Some people say this is a rivalry but this feels a bit forced to me. It probably started because both of these teams came into the league at the same time, but the two franchises feel quite different. QCC has had a lot of success and NBB hasn't quite gotten there yet but look to be on the upswing.

Anchorage Armada - The Citadelles played the Armada in four straight playoff runs, once in the finals and three times in the semifinals. So many back to back playoff meetings can quickly generate some bad blood between teams. This one has kind of simmered down a bit over the last couple of seasons but could easily flare up again if the Armada start making deep playoff runs again.

Detroit Falcons - The Falcons are the inferior bird team. Enough said

[Image: Faelax.gif]
[Image: aroach.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png]    [Image: DNLeeu0.png]

I am new to the league but I think a big rival for the Elk must be Detroit. We have had several close games. It was frustrating to go through the preseason and get stuck with a 7-1 loss. Since then it has at least been my personal vendetta to take it back to Detroit every time we play. We've since lost 4 more times to them in a row. I want nothing more than to get a win against this team.  Even if they aren't necessarily my team's rival they are definitely MY rival.  I also can't stand Newfoundland. It seems to me that they have dominated over and over again throughout recent seasons. Yet, this season is no different and no respite is in site. It just irritates me to see a team practically own the league. And who doesn't love taking down a giant?

[Image: BtI4G9Q.png]

I do not believe that the Kelowna Knights really have a particular rival in the league, at least not that I am aware of. I feel like there are certainly rivals in the league, but this is my 4th league and I don't pay all that much attention to what all goes on in terms of drama because there is so much of it. Rivalries are not necessarily drama, of course, but they often do go hand in hand. As for who a potential rival of Kelowna would be, I think that I would have to take the easy route and say the Newfoundland Berserkers. As knights, we of course fought battles all the time, and especially in lore of England, the king's knights would often fight against the Vikingr, who were frequently referred to as berserkers due to the insanity of their fighting. The frequent battles by raiding Vikings led the Vikings to eventually create a settlement in Northern Ireland and the English King did not like that, hence a few decades of fighting between the two.

[Image: laser.png]

[Image: Virrok.png]
Thanks to EAB and sulovien for the sigs!
(This post was last modified: 05-29-2022, 08:13 PM by StaticShocked.)

https://imgur.com/a/TJB8G1s

[Image: leblaVa.gif]
Shoutout to @adamantium for the sig! <3