Create Account

S65 PT #2: Matinée

Please pick ONE prompt to write about. Do not mix and match prompts. Identify the prompt you are using in your submission - Copying and pasting the prompt will deduct from your word count so if you do this make sure YOUR submission is 150+ words excluding the prompt.

CREATIVE PROMPT - Wu-oh! SHL ticket sales are down and the top brass has decided to make a bold marketing play in an attempt to corner the coveted 60+ demographic. The first major change? Effectively immediately, all SHL games will be shifting from 7PM starts to noon starts. Hope you like waking up early.

Written Task: What other changes do you make to the SHL in-arena experience to turn these afternoon games into THE place to be for old-timers? What does the intermission entertainment look like? What extra services, bonuses, or giveaways do you offer? Remember, you have to out-compete Bingo Nights and Wheel of Fortune. (150+ words)

Graphic Task: Depict some old folks enjoying your new afternoon SHL arena experience. 

PLAYER PROMPT- Alright there's your goofy fun option, now you get the "flesh out your player's character" option. 

Written Task:  Many professional athletes have a pretty strict regimen to prepare for games. When games start at 7PM that gives you a lot of time to fit in all your little rituals and pre-game prep. But... games start at noon now. So how are you going to adapt? What does your player normally do to get ready for games, and how are you going to adjust your schedule to get yourself ready 7 hours earlier? Is this a welcome change for your player? Or is this a huge wrench in the system? (150+ words)

Graphic Task:- Show me your player waking up extra early to figure out their new pre-game schedule.

You will receive 3 TPE for fulfilling all requirements.

All responses are due on Sunday, May 29th at 11:59 PST. NOTE: IF YOU SUBMIT/EDIT AFTER THE DEADLINE YOU WILL RECEIVE REDUCED/NO TPE.

Affiliate claims from either PBE or ISFL or WSLB or SSL are accepted; link directly to your post and note if your username is different there.
If you have any questions/concerns, please PM me. Tasks with malicious intent will not be graded. The graders reserve the right to determine malicious intent, after discussion with me. You will not be warned.

This task is for SHL players and send downs only, it is not for SMJHL rookies.

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=661a1734&is=6607a234&hm=b8...1bf5caed8&]
(This post was last modified: 05-29-2022, 08:31 PM by hockeyiscool. Edited 1 time in total.)

With all of this change to accommodate for an older generation, we figured we ought to add a few more options to our concession stands. We decided to add quite a few softer foods to the concessions stand. Tapioca pudding and apple sauce have been some of our hotter sellers since the move to noon start times. On Friday we have the early bird special fish fry discounts. In addition to the Concession changes we also took on a Werther's original's sponsorship as well as a Ricola sponsorship. This is show by filling up some of the cupholders around the arena with Werther's Original Carmel Hard Candies and cough drops. Since we are in Florida, another change that has happened is a gold chain booth opened up and that has been one of our larger sellers. We have also partnered with Silver sneakers between periods to make sure that all of these old timers have easy access to staying mobile.  

[160 words]

Quote:Written Task: Many professional athletes have a pretty strict regimen to prepare for games. When games start at 7PM that gives you a lot of time to fit in all your little rituals and pre-game prep. But... games start at noon now. So how are you going to adapt? What does your player normally do to get ready for games, and how are you going to adjust your schedule to get yourself ready 7 hours earlier? Is this a welcome change for your player? Or is this a huge wrench in the system? (150+ words)

Growing up on the seas you learned to grab sleep whenever it was available. Timezones were never something that was a concern. Only where the sun was in the sky. The league changing the game time from 7pm to noon just means that Jarrow gets to start drinking at earlier time. Now instead of a 11pm start, the rum will be cracked at 4pm. There likely wouldn't be much if any other changes to how Spack approaches the game since life revolves around the next time he is on the ice.

The reason why it won't be a huge wrench in the system is actually what was considered a knock against Jarrow when he was first coming into the league. He had a blatant disregard for any kind of warm up routine. It was very unusual behaviour for such a regime heavy sport and at times rubbed his superstitious teammates the wrong way. However, so far in his career is has appeared to be a benefit as he has been able to perform regardless of what is happening off the ice which is what you want out of an athlete.

[ 192 words ]

[Image: yyo9APg.gif]

pt pass

Pass Forfeit (D) ● Player Profile
Kraken Rage Panthers

[Image: esilverm.gif]
Special thanks to Blitz, jhockey, Ragnarr, and sulo for the gorgeous sigs <3

[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

Code:
Written Task: What other changes do you make to the SHL in-arena experience to turn these afternoon games into THE place to be for old-timers? What does the intermission entertainment look like? What extra services, bonuses, or giveaways do you offer? Remember, you have to out-compete Bingo Nights and Wheel of Fortune. (150+ words)

The biggest key to keep the old-timers coming back is through their stomachs. We do brunch at every game. All you can eat buffet because we know they all love free shit. On top of the free food, we start having longer intermissions so they can all get their naps in between periods. The music also changes. Nothing gets played from 1960 or later. All of it is also just strictly on an old time organ so they really get the feeling like it is 1945 again. What else do old people love? Werthers hard candies. Instead of hats getting thrown on the ice after a player scores three goals, everyone throws those delicious caramels out there. How do they get all of them you ask? That is the giveaway at every game. All the candy all the time. We have to give the people what they want, and these people want CANDY!

Brunch Buffet, naps, old time music on an organ and free candy. What else can they want? It will be an all out old timers home!

179 words

[Image: m59RPb7.png] | [Image: FcWmVTl.png]

S61 Four Star Cup - Game-Winning Goal in the clinching Game 4
[Image: unknown.png]

[Image: efischermann.gif]

In order to out-compete bingo night and wheel of fortune, the SHL will decide to implement their own game of chance involving audience participation. Instead of having a simple bingo card and wheel of fortune board, recipe ingredients are drawn one by one similar to how numbers are drawn in bingo and are added to a list. Every senior in the crowd gets a specific recipe that they are aiming to match. If all the ingredients in their recipe are drawn and added to the grand list, they can shout Ringo (Recipe Bingo) to win an official SHL-sponsored recipe as well as the actual dish that the recipe creates to take home. Of course none of this is related to hockey, but the seniors don't care. This is the perfect way to entice an older demographic of people to watch the game so that they can compete in four thrilling games of Ringo. One before the game, one after the game, and two in the intermissions.

[Image: Keven.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic, @Matteo, @sulovilen, @zeagle1, and @TheOPSquid for all the sigs!
Czechia Malamutes Rage Czechia
Canada Citadelles pride syndicate

PT pass

[Image: outlaws2.png]  [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]  Mathias Seger #15 | Player page | Update page [Image: outlaws2.png] [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]
[Image: Segi.gif] 
Sigs by Donini, RainDelay, Fever and OrbitingDeath

PT Pass

[Image: blix900.gif]

[Image: QwTZD8C.png][Image: iemKOIk.png]

PLAYER PROMPT:

Ruslan's typical gameday routine involves a lot of pretty normal stuff. Squeeze in eight hours of sleep first. Then get up to have a high protein breakfast of Steak and Eggs, coffee is a must. Off to the gym we go for bikes and throwing weights. After that its a nice, relaxing skate at the local barn weather in Toronto or on the road. Finally its a pre game meal of Nachos with the Stargang.

I know, pretty boring, normal start to each gameday. Honestly it doesn't seem all that fun. Noon games make a lot of things a little hard to put in. Your nice, relaxing skate has to get pushed either early, or you might not even manage it some days. Particularly when the arena staff have to quickly remodel the surface from the hardwood to the ice. Perhaps your workout comes afterwards some games or even gives you a rest day.

One thing is for certain. Pregame is ALWAYS Nachos with the Stargang.

[Image: CptSquall.gif]

PT Pass

[Image: Screenshot_87.png]

Besides the cruelty of making the players wake up plenty early so all games are done well before sunset, there are quite a few other methods of making the game of hockey more attractive to the old timers. To start, all games will now include ‘hockey bingo’ as part of the game. As part of your ticket purchase you’ll get a card that you can fill out when a wide variety of hockey-related situations occur, both on and off the ice. If you get a bingo, you can redeem it for a wide variety of dull, boring, cheap trinkets that the old fogeys will probably give to their grandkids as a Christmas present. Next up, a revamping of the concession stand. Werther’s Originals are given prime placement there, so instead of the good candy, you are left eating something that reminds you of visiting Grandma as a kid. Finally, now the game is divided into 6 periods with longer intermissions to give the elderly more time to take a leak.

170 words

[Image: zootshl.gif]
Sig credits: OrbitingDeath & enigmatic

[Image: hUtg6sH.png][Image: Voi7GNj.png]

Timber Scarecrows pride Aurora France

Targeting old folks will be a challenge in many areas. Outside of the timing scenario that was already stated we have to worry about stairs, lack of visibility, diet and many other areas. I will focus on diet initially because that will be some low hanging fruit. The arena can begin to stock Ensure shakes to keep our elderly fans fed without the need to chew or even leave their seats. "Hey beer man! 2 IPAs please" can be replaced by "Hey Sonny Boy! I will have a shake. $12?!?! These cost $2.95 at Walmart. Do I look like I am made of money? No! Get that shit out of my face!" I am sure it will be great.

The league would also need to expand the number of available bathrooms for this aging populace. If you are caught trying to go pee between periods it can seriously take 15+ minutes to get through the line. We must now line all walk ways with porta potties and should consider stocking the beer man with some depends too.

(BTW - I love the older generations and the views in this PT do not reflect my actual views of those who happen to be older than I)

[Image: thiefofcheese.gif]

[Image: Yztckjo.png] 

Sig credit: Ragnar, Carpy48, High Stick King

PLAYER PROMPT

Rituals are weaknesses. To balance your comfort and confidence level on a meaningless task before a game, thus needlessly putting your optimum performance at risk should you not successfully complete the ritual and further moving the blame externally instead of internally and thus controllable are critically flawed points of view.

Anyway, the first thing Petr does when he wakes up is sing the Czech anthem. If he does not complete the singing of the anthem, Petr is depressed for the rest of the day, it seems he was built with this flaw.

Otherwise, game preparation remains the same. Petr must wake at an early enough hour to account for proper nutrition and a good warmup to ensure optimum performance. What hour Petr has to wake up to achieve this is a nonfactor. Whatever it takes. Also Petr does not require the same amount of sleep as the typical person due to being designed to have an extremely efficient metabolism.

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]

Ok, so i am playing in Atlanta, which has pretty decent weather. And by decent, i mean hot as hell. So no point in sending old people to Florida to enjoy the nice weather, they can stay in Georgia. So we are going a different route: SNOW VACATIONS! Want to find a reason to replace your old hip? Come on down to the Atlanta Inferno Arena, and play some bingo for the possibility of winning a nice snow vacation, in Aspen! And what if you really enjoy it there, and do not want to really stop on "vacations"? Well, if you are a regular, you may be entitled to participate on a draw that could net your a freaking time share there! Imagine, spending all your time (terms and conditions apply) in the cold, breaking bones!

So, you buy as many bingo cards as you want and whoever wins it, gets these amazing awards. What more could you want?

(159 words)

Donair never really subscribed to having a specific pre-game regimen. This stems from his upbringing and how much scrambling his parents had to do to simply get him to the games. Donair's father works in construction management and had an inconsistent schedule; Donair's mother was by day a homemaker and did data entry / copywriting jobs nights before Donair's big SHL money came in - so that he could play whenever he could! As a result, when it comes to preparing the day of a game, even now at the professional level, Donair mostly takes it day-by-day. The one thing he doesn't stray from is his workout regimen. But, in the words of Donair at a recent press conference - "If I can't work out and play every day, I either got hurt in the game or I have another appointment". In his peak physical form, even as he starts to regress, it's important for Donair to get his tasks done every day, regardless of what order they have to get done in. The noon starts will not affect him in the least.