Create Account

S65 PT #2: Matinée

Player Prompt

This 12 PM noon change isn't too big of a deal for Paul Binder. Binder has always been an early bird throughout his adult life, no thanks to his cats waking him up at 6:30 sharp every morning for breakfast. If anything, this will better Binder's game as there's less time in the day to have a bad lunch / dinner, drink too much, stub his toe, etc etc. After feeding the hungry little fur demons, Binder loads up on a good breakfast and two cups of coffee. Some morning stretches and a quick morning skate to get loosened up and he's ready to go by noon. Much to chagrin of his teammates, this does mean he won't be able to take pre-game naps anymore, but those are always a coin flip on whether you'll feel better or worse after waking up from one. All-in-all, 12 PM starts are a good thing for everyone.

WC: 163

[Image: Screenshot_2024-01-31_214614.png?ex=65ce...y=lossless]

Written Creative Prompt – 162 words
Welcome to Senior Afternoons here in Winnipeg! We’re making some sweeping changes to our culinary menu to accommodate our rising fan demographic. Instead of hard to chew items, we are featuring some fantastic smoothies, milkshakes, and other easy-to-eat items like oatmeal and soups! We’ve also significantly reduced our volume on our speakers in the arena so they are still audible, but not too aggressive for those elderly folk that simply do not enjoy that!
Each loge section has also been outfitted with an easy mobility lift to reduce the strain on those elderly fans’ joints. Just simply take a seat in the lift, inform the valet what section you are in, and off you go! The lift will bring you right to your row and you can easily walk on the level concrete to your steps.
Finally, five elderly fans each game during matinees will be given fifteen minutes with a player of their choice to reminisce with and tell them stories.

Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]
[Image: AceIn603.gif]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

Prompt 2:

Every hockey player has a routine they follow on game day. It's pretty easy to stick with it because of the evening start times, which gives you plenty of time to do what you need to do. However, it looks like the SHL is trying to get some of the older viewers back on their side so they're going to trial out new start times for SHL games. We got the notice yesterday that we're going to have noon start times. Less than ideal.

On a normal game day, I wake up, eat breakfast, do some cardio and stretching, head to the rink for a light skate, eat lunch, then take a quick nap. Then, I like to hang out in the arena for a couple of hours just getting all of my stuff ready and getting into a game day mindset.

Well, with the new start time, I can't do half of that stuff. I'm going to have to wake up, eat a quick breakfast, go to the rink, stretch my body and get ready for the game. No pre-game skate, no cardio to get the blood and oxygen flowing through the body, no lunch, no nap, no time to get into the right frame of mind, nothing. Just eat, stretch, play. It's going to be a messy game.

(220 words)

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
0-0-0
Regular Season - [G 0] [A 0] [Pts 0] [+/- 0] [PIM 0] [Hits 0] [SB 0]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

Player Prompt:

Videl is not very strict to her pre-game routines, the first of these is having a simple breakfast, and then doing some yoga shortly afterwards to get herself into shape. Her most unusual ritual before game is meditating nonstop for 2-3 hours, to get her head and spirit into a good sense for the game. However, the league has mandated that all games start at 12 pm. Videl now does her meditation after the pre-game skates, usually confusing her teammates. She has added a new part to the ritual, where she often uses her stick to wack away any flys that come into the locker room, to practice her rebound control. She had to also cut out the yoga portion of her routine due to the fact that she is almost always the first player to get to the arena for Toronto, as per her tradition of wanting to be first in everything.
(158 words)

[Image: ljefVAX.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

Creative Prompt

In order to capture the attention of the boomer crowd, SHL arenas have done a full 180 on their previous advertising campaigns. Instead of highlighting today's young superstars, teams are now battling to be the best at belittling their current players, reminding older fans that the players they remember from seasons long past were really much better, and that the sport has only gone downhill from when they used to watch or play. Now, instead of having to listen to their grandkids talk about who should win the S65 MVP, they can be pleasantly reminded that the game has gone soft, kids these days don't know anything, and that the sport hasn't been worth watching since the Edmonton Comets became the Edmonton Blizzard. Games will still happen as scheduled, but the video screen and PA system will instead be broadcasting black and white footage from S1-S5, and after a complimentary brunch is served, audiences will be encouraged to remain quiet for any in attendance who need to take a nap.

[Image: RAmenAmen.gif]
sig credit: Ragnar, Sulovilen, Enigmatic, Bayley
[Image: kcP9WEd.png] [Image: DNLeeu0.png] [Image: DKMMlC3.png]
[Image: RAmenAmenPride.gif]

WSBL PT

[Image: geRnYPO.png][Image: 0S9kFQ6.png]
Shout out Ragnarr for these two amazing sigs

Liam Slate of the Seattle Argonauts does not have that much of a routine. His routine mostly consists of having a bowl of ketchup noodles before leaving for the arena. Liam Slate will just have to eat his dinner a bit earlier around 4:00 instead of around 7:00. Overall though this change would not affect Liam Slate of the Seattle Argonauts too badly. A minor inconvenience for a good change is good for Liam Slate. If anything Liam Slate's animals will be the ones who suffer the most from this change as dinner time for them will be affected as well as playtime. Liam Slate of the Seattle Argonauts does spend quite a bit of time with his animals. So this change will affect his daily routine in terms of spending time with his animals but his animals will adjust eventually although it may be a struggle for awhile but they should come around eventually. But that is doable for Liam Slate of the Seattle Argonauts.

(165 Words)

[Image: tylard13.gif]
Made by Rindiee, rum_ham & Carpy

Jacob Mueller S5-S
Julien Dupont S6-S13
S9 Challenge Cup - Calgary Dragons
IIHF Gold - Germany
Rufus Reinhart S13-S24
S14 Challenge Cup - Texas Renegades
Christoffer Björnsson - S25-S35
S25 Four Stars Cup
S26 Tom Corcoran Trophy - SMJHL Top Goalie

Sami Owens - S36-S52
S38 IIHF Bronze - Canada
S39 IIHF Gold - Canada
S42 IIHF Silver - Canada
S51 Challenge Cup Champion - HAM

Liam Slate - S54-Present
S53 WJC Bronze - British Isles
S54 WJC Silver - British Isles
S55 Four Star Cup Champion - Newfoundland Berserkers
S57 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S58 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S60 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S61 IIIHF Gold - Great Britain
S67 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
S68 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
Triple Gold Club

PT Pass

[Image: BoucherFan12.gif]

[Image: benzeev.gif]

06-11-2021, 05:33 PMKenitohMenara Wrote: [Image: BLUE.jpeg]
Welcome to the hall, Ben!

Code:
Written Task:  Many professional athletes have a pretty strict regimen to prepare for games. When games start at 7PM that gives you a lot of time to fit in all your little rituals and pre-game prep. But... games start at noon now. So how are you going to adapt? What does your player normally do to get ready for games, and how are you going to adjust your schedule to get yourself ready 7 hours earlier? Is this a welcome change for your player? Or is this a huge wrench in the system? (150+ words)

Now that SHL game starts are being moved from 7 PM local time to now being at Noon, this will definitely affect the whole league. I know a lot of my fellow teammates aren't early birds so this change will drastically affect our gameday routines moving forward (can we even call it gameday routines anymore? Luckily for Ben Jammin, he is accustomed to waking up early and is usually up and about by 9 AM. Ben likes to enjoy a delicious breakfast of bananas, pancakes and a warm glass of chocolate milk. Once breakfast is finished with, Ben will make his way over to the arena from his apartment complex in Chicago and meet his syndicate teammates at the arena. After all the hockey is done being played, Ben Jammin will look to rest and recover by heading back to his apartment to take an ice bath to relieve all the muscle soreness from the hockey game. Then he will crash on the couch and put on a Netflix show to watch while enjoying a post-game meal. With all the free time during the evenings, he will look to try out more cuisines in the city of Chicago!

(198 words)

[Image: Jammin.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: zS2lCMp.png] [Image: ixmZA3M.png] [Image: pxjucze.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Thank you @High Stick King @OrbitingDeath @Ragnar @Tesla for the player signatures! 

CREATIVE PROMPT: The first thing we would add is a section for people with reduced mobility at the top of every section. There, they will be able to park their wheelchair or their mobility device and watch the game from this spot. Every section of the arena will have two caregivers to take cares of the problems that could happen during the games. All food kiosks would be closed, and we would switch to a system where all the food is delivery directly to people seats. The order would be made on small screens that are attached to every seat in the arena. We would add a cushion to every single seat in the arena to make them more comfortable to older people. Finally, the team would put in place a bus service that pick people up and drop them off directly at their house, so the fans wouldn’t need to drive to come to the game and that service would be less expensive than your typical parking spot at the ring.

170 words

Nor Ge

Salzberger Lillehammersson
norway Inferno World Falcons

Anders Christiansen
[Image: inferno.png] [Image: dragons.png] [Image: wolfpack2.png] [Image: stars.png] [Image: Dxdffra.png] [Image: hGKuRrv.png] [Image: sAx3Llh.jpg] [Image: firebirds.png]

ISFL PT

[Image: 43436_s.gif]
Thank you Fever, sköldpaddor and OD for the amazing sigs!
Heart  Militia Montreal Impact/Militia Militia-Old Heart

What do old-timers like best about their hockey, and other life experiences? They want to be reminded of their youth. Starting immediately intermissions will be filled with biographies on all the teams star players and where life took them. Remember that guys from 30 seasons ago? Well here he is now with his wife and kids and how those glory days got him here. Each game will feature one player in multiple segments. While the jumbotrons, which are now even bigger, are playing the movie, there will be an opportunity to play bingo with fields you fill out on a card prior to the game start. If you manage to correctly identify life events or moments brought up by the player then you are eligible for a signed memorabilia from said player. The other hook is that once a month, there will always be a childrens day that will have kids between ages of 2 and 18 half off with the purchase of a ticket from someone 60+. What grandparent doesn't want to bring their grandchildren to a hockey game? Now they can save money doing it.

[Image: seamus.png]

Credit to Vulfzilla for the awesome render pic
[Image: gXlAFBa.png]|| [Image: 8CbZQAJ.png]

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: CnPenxE.png]

Well, first step is an easy and obvious one. We allow smoking inside the arenas. Olds love smoking cigars as it makes them feel rich and important. So for here forth, all smoking is allowed inside stadiums. And no, this isn't going to be some rinky dinky "smokers only" cabana outside. I'm talking full blown, smoking in the open, anywhere in the stadium. Will we lose other fans because of this? Probably, but that's not my problem. I'm only focused on the olds. And if I know one thing about olds, it's that they love irritating the youngs. Allowing smoking is really a double whammy (I refrain from using the term "kill two birds with one stone" as I myself am I bird. Unless we're talking geese. Then kill as many of those fowls as you like). Anyway, back to the double whammy... The olds would be able to "relive the glory days" of smoking when and where they want while also annoying those around them. It's an empty net goal of a decision. Easy money.

[Image: puddlesoduck2.gif]

Oh boy, finally a prompt for me. The earlier start times are perfect for me because I like going to bed and getting up early. In order to appeal to our new older fanbase, we're going to have a state of the art VR gaming center when fans will be able to craft the perfect lawn. They are also including a "best pun" contest where the winner will be displayed on the jumbotron. 
For food, there will be grills all over the rink, where fans will be able to bring their own meat to grill. We want to bring the experience of not being at the ice rink to the ice rink. 
My favorite feature that we're adding is that all prices for concessions and merchandise are now completely negotiable so fans can bring their bargaining skills to the game! So you think $8.50 for a hotdog is too much? Maybe you can use your epic bargaining skills to bring the cost down to $8.45 or even lower! Let's see what you've got!! Fans will also have a designated coupon cutting area! We'll provide the scissors! They'll be so much for you to do, you might forget to actually go to your seat and watch the game!

[Image: notoriousTRON.gif]
Sig Cred: Carpy, ML, RainDelay, Donini & Geekusoid
[Image: gs89eGV.png]