Create Account

S65 mPT #2: Slang

The one that gets used most often in Atlanta is duck handling. It's similar to the skill of puck handling, however, it involves handling a duck. Usually my teammates are handling me, but on occasion I will handle myself.

[Image: puddlesoduck2.gif]

My new piece of hockey slang is "pulling a pritchard" and that is used when a player underperforms expectations for his entire career and then never really gets better and then just retires. Only to be used for the leagues most medium players.

[Image: notoriousTRON.gif]
Sig Cred: Carpy, ML, RainDelay, Donini & Geekusoid
[Image: gs89eGV.png]

Industry Baby - a term to describe a very talented hockey player who is exceptional; usually reserved for the very best player of the era.

E.g. Liam Slate is the industry baby

[Image: beegbeegyoshi.gif]
[Image: B7bDIPG.png]
[Image: YOSHI.png?ex=65f214ee&is=65df9fee&hm=80f...e73badf86&]

Credit to @micool132 for this one

Jay-baiting: the act of intentionally describing one’s own team or player as bad, garbage, trash, atrocious, awful, etc. in hopes of getting a funny reaction from the locker room also while reverse jinxing a team

[Image: jay2233.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @High Stick King and @Maxy for the sigs!

Raptors Argonauts 
[Image: m59RPb7.png][Image: FcWmVTl.png]

Sammich- when you see a Smokin hot lady in the stands, the correct slang is now ‘sammich’. A lady who looks deliciously pretty.

‘Damn she lookin like a sammich up there’

S2, S5, S18, S22 Challenge Cup Champion
Hall Of Famers: (S7) Alex Reay | (S28) Daniel Merica

[Image: mckeiltbb.png]
[Image: Merica5.gif]
Thanks to Ragnar, Wasty and myself for the sigs.

Zamboomba- A Zamboomba is anytime a zamboni goes out to clean the ice but is put in autopilot mode and the driver stays behind.  It just drives around bouncing off the walls and turning itself around until the whole surface is cleaned.

[Image: source.gif]
[Image: image.png]

A slang word I thought of is a "Pathpaver". A Pathpaver is a player who was born in and is native to a Country or Territory where the sport of Ice Hockey has very little or no presence and paving a path for more players from their home country to pursue a hockey career.

We already have our own slang term in QC. Every shutout is called a Denny's because we go to Denny's to celebrate! Haven't had one yet this season, but hopefully soon!

[Image: valpix.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @Symmetrik, @Merica, @enigmatic, and @sulovilen for the sigs! 
Avi courtesy of @MN_Moosey
[Image: d9J5DHT.png]
Citadelles Switzerland Stars Blizzard 
[Image: VGl3CB4.png]
[Image: valpixpride.gif]

The bad apple - when you turn the puck over and you get credit for assist on the other teams goal. I would imagine this would be a very fun stat to actually keep track of.

[Image: CaleSalad.gif]
[Image: kalesaladshl.gif]
some high fibre sigs are Powered by AllBran, 

The Mat Smith Shutout is when a goalie allows a goal on the first shot of the game and saves the rest of the shots for the remainder of that game.

[Image: Mat10Man.gif]

[Image: bhLfeta.png][Image: UbL0bdg.png]

Speed Boost: That is when you fill up on laxatives before a game and trust your own farts enough to fart mid-game and get a little speed boost that can be crucial during a breakaway.

[Image: eMf7wNV.png]

clown boy -- an arrogant young player, usually European, whose mouth outpaces their on ice performance. When you put the pressure on, they cave like wet clay.

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

A svenching: when you get burnt so hard by Sven that your coach has no choice but to bench you. Applicable to skaters and goalies alike.

[Image: steveoiscool.gif]

hotdogging it: unlike the current meaning of showboating it now refers to going on an underdog run to the finals regardless of whether the team wins or loses in said finals

[Image: Jepox.gif]

Gelatamating. Means exactly what it sounds like. You run the opposing teams player into your own goalie and turn them into a puddle of gelatin. Never gelatamate.

[Image: 64377_v.gif]
Whalers Whalers Whalers Panthers Panthers Panthers Panthers Panthers Panthers Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack
Finland / Germany  
Big thanks to Pythonic(first sig evah), Sloth(first LAP sig<3) and Ragnar for their sigs<3
Two time playoffs MVP and two time nominee
Triple gold club
Discord: asska