Create Account

Pack Opening: Beginnings
(This post was last modified: 06-03-2022, 09:21 PM by G2019.)

After quite a while of telling myself I'm too broke to get into the SHL Trading Card fun, I can't deny my urge any longer. The cards are too sick and too well done, and I love that there are different 'tiers' of cards. I'm also a bit of a nerd for sports stats and history, so I figured I'd use this medium to earn some cash for cards and dig into the cards I pull. Without further ado, here are the first two packs of my collection!

Pack #1 (1 Ruby, 1 Silver, 3 Bronze, 1 Logo)
David Fantobens (S43): Wow, what a great pull for my first ever SHL card! Fanto is a great user and a steady presence in the Detroit locker room. David appears to have been his first ever player in the league (Joseph and Casey, his current player, have followed). 

Jeff Hopkins (S61): H0PPY is another awesome user, and even though he only made it to about 550 TPE on this player, I believe he is a QCC legend.

Chiefs Logo (S26): My first logo, and I'm asking myself, wtf team are the Chiefs? A quick search on the site tells me they were the Minnesota Chiefs, and have since rebranded to the Monarchs we know and love today.

Wolfhard Richter (S43): A former Falcon! User Plastic Bowl hasn't logged in since 2018, unfortunately, and this player maxed out just shy of 300 TPE.

Teddy Murphy (S55): MY FIRST RUBY PULL and it's my fellow J GM and current Seattle teammate, trashae! Murphy peaked at over 1800 TPE and despite regressing over the offseason, is having a great start to the season with 11 points and a +11 +/- so far this season.

Bryce Turner (S53): Turner was drafted by the Platoon but had a very short career, retiring just shy of 400 TPE and not logging in since 2020.

Pack #2 (2 Gold, 2 Silver, 2 Bronze)
Declan Riley (S34): This player only got to a bit past 350 TPE, but the user (GreyGooseVodka) is still active and involved in the league, as his SEVENTH(!!) player, Tekkeitsertok Towtoongie, is a defenseman for the Nevada Battleborn currently.

Kev Kevens (S56): This 84 rated member of the 2K TPE club is a nice pull! Kevens is a RW for the Pride and this is his first create in the league, making the 2,000 TPE milestone even more impressive!

Kaspars Tsizling (S19): Wow, S19. Sometimes I forget how long this league has been running. The user behind this card could tell us all about it, as Ace seems to have been around since basically the beginning. Even Tsizling, a S19 draftee, was Ace's THIRD create in the league! He had a solid career, finishing just over 1k TPE.

Konstantin Voloshin (S45): The third player for former Colorado Mammoths co-GM InciteHysteria, Voloshin finished around 350 TPE.

Rikki Petrov (S56): Petrov was the 2nd create for user AW13, and the only of their players who was not a goalie. Petrov (Center) had a solid career, eclipsing 1k TPE for their career.

Kynwyl Pearce (S56): The third member of the S56 class in this pack! User Schmurph is almost up to 1.2k on this player, having had what appears to be two previous players, along with a couple of GM jobs!

I'm gonna stop after two packs at this time, but bottom line, these cards are sick and if you haven't bought a pack or two yet, you really should!

601 words

[Image: CnPenxE.png]

I hope you pull the legendary wesley stains card

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

06-03-2022, 09:22 PMtrella Wrote: I hope you pull the legendary wesley stains card
Wait, there's a Wesley Stains here too? :eyes:

[Image: CnPenxE.png]

06-03-2022, 09:26 PMG2019 Wrote:
06-03-2022, 09:22 PMtrella Wrote: I hope you pull the legendary wesley stains card
Wait, there's a Wesley Stains here too? :eyes:
no but he transcends sim sports

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

I know the feeling. I am most certainly to broke to do the packs. Love them though. Great cards.

[Image: gill.png]