Create Account

S65 SMJHL PT #4 - Pre-game Playlist

I, The Creator - Monuments

Monuments. Best band in the game I think. This song gets me hype. Because I am the creator. The Creator of lots of goals.

Ultimate - Denzel Curry

I know this song is a bit older but man, it still goes hard. It gets the entire team hype and ready to play.

son et Luminere into Intertiac Esp - The Mars Volta

Man. I could speak about these two songs way longer than is necessary so I’ll keep it short. This is THE album. This album revived a genre. It defined a genre. It was everything back in the day and the first two tracks off of this album should be forever remembered as some of the most energetic and chaotic songs ever written and every second of them is awesome.

Alright - Kendrick Lamar

This song is another one of those all time bangers. Kendrick is a genius and this song, will forever be the anthem of the underdog.

G.O.A.T - Polyphia

There is a lot that could be said about this song, but I’ll keep it short. Its the goat for a reason. Go listen to it. Be hype. Vibe.

[Image: cd6sM5U.gif]
arigato to everyone for the dope sigs <3

| Updates | Player Page |

Boom Stick's banger pre-game playlist:
Swedish Pagans (Sabaton) - I think that Rams associate an image of the Nordic countries for me, not entirely sure why, but it's a badass song with a fitting theme that would always get everyone pumped and ready to get on the ice, so this is up there.

Take It Easy (Eagles) - Keeps everyone's emotions in check, getting hype is good but getting too hype is bad. Also mentions Winslow, Arizona, which is a state that's kind of like Nevada but not really so who the hell knows? I mean, it's a desert place, and it's close, so it counts. Local references!

Ramblin' Man (All Man Brothers Band) - Easy one. Every time they say "RAM" in it you have to put your hands up, clap, and yell "RAM" to pump up the team and crowd. Also just a really good song, so I mean, why not?

The Pretenders (Foo Fighters) - Best played the night before a big game, or a team that is very good. Delegitimizing them and calling them "the Pretender" and hyping up the team by referring to them as "not like the others" is pretty badass, I think, and definitely a good morale song. Also a very fast-paced heavy rock song that gets the energy flowing. 

Welcome To Paradise (Green Day) - This song pretty much just pokes fun at the visitors. It's like they're scared of Nevada and writing a letter to their mother. Also, a lyric "A gunshot rings out at the station" is clearly a reference to shootings in a gas station, but in the hockey instance could just refer to someone beating the hell out of the puck into the net. So...great song.

The song’s we are listening to in the locker Room are the following:
1- Can’t be touched (Roy Jones Jr.)
I mean, you can’t go wrong with this song. A staple of locker rooms everywhere, this song is the only thing we need to get our blood boiling and to get ready for the game. We play this one directly before heading to the ice.
2- Rap god (Eminem)
A favorite of our GM and an absolute classic piece of rap history. We all listen to him rap the fastest part of the song before the game.
3- Hold strong (Rob Bailey & The Hustle Standard)
A staple in the locker room, this is the song we blast at maximum volume before the pregame speech to get us pumped up.
4- Everyday (Logic & Marshmello)
The song we put on before heading out for the warm-up. This is the song we listen to to remember us that we need to give it all on the ice.
5- First Kill (Amon Amarth)
To finish our playlist, we listen to a bit of metal to get in the right mindset for the game. Our left wings (the heaviest hitting players in the league) say that it help them gather their aggression.

Getting ready because there is only 364 days before the next hockey team selection   Renegades

[Image: Ggpmsvy.png]

The 5 songs that I would say not only just play on the pre-game playlist, but also during intermissions, after the game, parties at someone's house or at karaoke are the following:

1. Detroit City - Alice Cooper - This is good starting hype song as it goes through all the famous music artist that came from the great city of Detroit.

2. 8 Mile - Eminem - Follow up that hype song with a serious hype song to get the blood flowing and remind the room what they need to do, focus!

3. The White Stripes - Hand Springs - Then we are getting back into the hype up songs with a great garage/blues rock band.

4. Detroit Medley - Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band - Then we go with the Boss himself sing about Detroit because this man knows how to get the room hyped and going!

5. Journey - Don't Stop Believin' - This song will always be the last song that gets played. This is because as long as Detroit is believing in themselves, they can overcome any obstacle thrown at them.

[Image: BnanaNWaffles.gif]
Sig by @Ragnar / Avatar by @leviadan
[Image: lIYTYDN.png]  [Image: qtbn8zh.png]  [Image: wu5MVvy.png]

The Elk are all about having the best tunes as part of the pregame ritual.
1. Sweet Child O' Mine by Guns N' Roses: This song will get you hyped up and literally makes doing anything at least 200% cooler
2. Hall of Fame by The Script and will.i.am: It's important to recognize the grind and work and patience to get to the top.
3. The Fighter by Gym Class Heroes: Again we Elk don't take anything lying down. Also fighting, hockey, it's very thematic
4.Face Off by TechN9ne: Now we move on from preparation to straight energy. You can't help but get hype to this track. It's about drive, It's about power
5. Finally it's song we will start hearing a lot for the rest of the night Anus by Alaska Thunderfuck our goal song puts everyone in right mindset to give it all on ice.
Once we've finished our pregame playlist there isn't anything that can stop us from taking it to our opponent with everything we've got.

[Image: BtI4G9Q.png]

When Jonathan Mercer is in charge of the pre-game playlist, there is only one artist who is good enough for both him and the St. Louis Scarecrows.

LIL PUMP

1. Lil Pump - D Rose: This is one to fire all of the boys up. D Rose is an ergenetic shot of adrenaline into the listeners.

2. Lil Pump ft. 2 Chains - Iced Out: Lil Pump is a great rapper with energy, and a 2 Chains feature is a 2 Chains feature, always flames.

3. Diplo ft. French Montana & Lil Pump - Welcome to the Party: Most known from being in Deadpool, this song absolutely rips and helps the listener feel like they are about to do some badass shit. Like the St. Louis Scarecrows making a 4 star cup run this season.

4. Lil Pump - Esskeetit: Another Lil Pump classic that gets the people going.

5. Lil Pump - All The Sudden: One of Lil Pump's newest songs, All The Sudden is super catchy and really gets the people going as well. Like every other song on this playlist.

[Image: g7VtVXX.png?1]

[Image: Z8YSDad.gif]

[Image: crutchfield.gif]

The St. Louis Scarecrows like to let all of their players have a chance to run the playlist for team.  And not only just the players, the trainers, coaches, upper management, everyone gets to express their musical tastes.  They go on in order of seniority, so Bavel Pure and the rest of the S465 rookies have been patiently waiting their turn to be the owners of their playlist.  Pure has been thinking long and hard about this.  He wants to make sure that he picks songs that not only he would like, but the rest of the Crows organization would enjoy listening to as well.  This is the top 5 he has so far:

The Immigrant Song: Pure is a big Led Zeppelin fan, he has been hearing them his entire life at hockey arenas and he couldn't think of another band to kick off his playlist.

The Good Ol' Hockey Game: this Stompin' Tom Conners track is a hockey anthem.  All that needs to be said.

Lie to Me: Mikolas Josef is one of Czechia's Eurovision participants.  This is a favourite of Bavel and he wants to share some of the music from his home country.

The Humpty Dance - Bavel has a love of early rap.  Digital Undergrounds, the Humpty Dance, is one of his faves and makes it way onto most of his playlist.

Samson and Delilah - The Grateful Dead is Bavel Pure's top band of all time.  Many people would believe that this young hockey player would be into a band thats' members could be his grandfather, maybe even grate grandfathers!  He wouldn't have a playlist with the Dead on it.

[Image: Ci4nm13.png]sig by @Bruins10 
Scarecrows   Specters   Canada