Create Account

S65 SMJHL PT #4 - Pre-game Playlist

I am very glad that we finally get to talk about pre-game-music. As is tradition the rookies have to choose the pre-game playlist and now it is my turn to shine.
Here is what I got:

1 - Disturbed - Are you ready?
Great intro and the message should be clear. Hello people, ready to watch some rockin' hockey?

2 - Nirvana - Smells like teen spirit
This classic should not be missing. Always works, perfect for the players taking the stage and getting into the vibe.

3 - Eminem - Till I collapse
Another classic that surprisingly works pretty well for stretching. Try it!

4 - The Score - Rush
Pressure is rising, the faceoff draws near, so the blood of the players and the crowd starts to pump. Everyone is suddenly feeling the rush and this song compliments this perfectly.

5 - Zany - Sound Intense City 
Now that the crow and players are awake, it is time to get them jumping up and down in the stands. What better music is there than Hardstyle for achieving that goal?
Sound Intense City gets me pumped everyhwere, doesn't matter if it is the shower, the car or pre-game. PARTY TIME IN THE CITY OF LIGHT.

[Image: Nevada-Froste.jpg][Image: froste.png]
Signatures by myself and Ragnar

The Official Pre-Game Playlist of the Carolina Kraken

"Sweet Caroline" - Neil Diamond
The song of Carolina sports. Enough said.

"Mr. Brightside" - The Killers
The go to karaoke song to bring the boys in the lockerroom together before getting pumped up. 

"Wants and Needs" - Drake (feat. Lil Baby)
Lil Baby speaks about losing a Ferrari in Las Vegas, Nevada, but going even harder the following day. If someone can do enough the night before to lose a Ferrari and double down the next day, then the boys in the lockerroom can't possibly lose this coming game. 

"Kickstart My Heart" - Motley Crue
Kickstart my heart? More like kickstart the Kraken, cause now the boys are getting electric from this banger. 

"Seven Nations Army" - The White Stripes 
Opponents better watch out, because after this song, the team is ready to run some players through the boards and put pucks into the net.

[Image: I1sSxD7.gif]

ISFL PT

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

The Last Fight - Bullet For My Valentine
The last fight because every game is a fight and you have to be the last one standing at the end. Simple as that.

Kickstart My Heart - Mötley Crüe
Your heart needs to be pumping to play a hockey game at high intensity so this is the perfect song before leaving the locker room.

Headstrong - Trapt
Nothing special about it, just very good haha!

Legendary - Skillet
We have to put our mindset to be the best and everyone wants to be a legend.

Underestimated - Maestro Fresh Wes
Gotta put some rap in this. In St-Louis, we were underestimated at the beginning of the season after some not so good seasons. We got a good draft and we punish those who take us lightly.

Bonus Track : Les boys - Éric Lapointe
Need to put some French in this. A classic for those who have seen the movies of those boys in a beer league.

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]
[Image: un22.png] [Image: 5tu6.png]

1. Knights of cydonia - muse
This song is pretty cool. Can get you all hype. And it has the word knight in the title which is pretty cool because we are the knights.

2. Arabian nights - Aladdin soundtrack
Another banger of a song. Sometimes we will watch the whole movie if we have time. All time classic. A team that can watch Aladdin together is a step ahead of the rest. In my opinion.

3. Night moves - bob seger
Yet another night song and not knight song. Fuck off. Bob seger rules. And night sounds just like knight. So there’s that.

4. Night train- Guns N’ Roses
This song is awesome. I know it’s about heroin, and not hockey, but it’s about how heroin sucks and I think that’s a message that can kind of work anywhere.

5. Knights in white satin - the moody blues
This is a fantastic song. And I guess it’s about knights. In satin. That’s white. Armor would work better but what do I know.

[Image: Fantobens.gif]

[Image: Screenshot_20220602-165404_Picsart.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot_20220622-220500_Picsart.jpg]

The Quebec City locker room has a few tunes they absolutely love

Mo Bamba by Shech Wes - This song gets everyone hyped up. Fun story about this one, the first version of the playlist had the clean version in on accident and everyone groaned when they heard the first censored swear

Manic Monday by Relient K - This cover slaps so hard and everyone loves it

Heat Waves by Glass Animals - We have a bunch of average TikTok enjoyers on the team and they lobbied hard for this one. It's an absolute banger so no one complains

Everything is Alright by Motion City Soundtrack - Nikolai is a huge pop punk fan and added this one to the playlist, the team has been vibing super hard to this one

La Machine A Scorer by Bob Bissonette - The teams goal horn, everyone loves hearing this song go off during the games and we added it to the playlist as some sort of bizarre psychological conditioning, we associate scoring with the song and everyone loves hearing it so it makes us want to score, makes sense if you ask me.

[Image: Faelax.gif]
[Image: aroach.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png]    [Image: DNLeeu0.png]

SMJHL Simmer PT Pass

[Image: MWJDjbu.png]
[Image: 183de87f8b7c0453e0172c60380f5739.png]

Good Ol' Hockey Game: Stompin' Tom Conors - Because that's the anthem of Hockey
Momma Said Knock You Out: LL Cool J - A reminder of what our Momma said to do
Move Bitch: Ludacris - This we play loud enough for the other team to hear so they remember what they are supposed to do
Bloody Knuckles: High On Fire - A reminder of the results of the game play
Celebration: Kool and the Gang - Because that's how we'll end the game

We've really got a group full of differing music tastes in the Vancouver locker room, so we play a bit of everything and everyone contributes. We've got some rap, we've got some pop, and my personal favorite, some rock. I tried to contribute some stuff that gets us pumped up, and here were my selections:

Know Your Enemy, Green Day: It's really a pump up staple. Sure, it's not the best Green Day song, but it's perfect to get everyone's blood boiling a bit before hitting the ice. It really motivates everyone just that extra bit, and maybe makes some guys hit just a little bit harder. Actually, that's just kinda the theme for these songs.

Enter Sandman, Metallica: It's just a classic sports pump up song really.

Don't Stop Believin', Journey: Look, we're not the greatest team this season, ok?

Hey Ya!, OutKast: Just a good song innit?

We Built This City, Starship: Honestly, just included this one because.

[Image: YztPk3T.png]  [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

Aerosmith - Dream On - This song seems to have been a staple in our locker room long before I arrived, which makes me believe it was chosen by a founding member or long standing coach.

Wiz Khalifa - See You Again - This one brings us all together. May of us have experienced the loss of friends or family and this song helps us all.

Robert Tepper - No Easy Way Out - Eye of the tiger is always the Rocky song that gets mentioned, but this is just as good if not better. This is one of my personal favorite hype songs.

Avicii - Hey Brother - This one helps tighten our bond as not just a team, but a band of brothers. We know how much effort and dedication we have put into getting to this exact moment and it just drives us that much more.

Nickelback - Burn It To The Ground - We have a Nickelback fan among us, but this one gets the room rocking hard before puck drop.

The Elk team playlist starts off with Anus by Alaska Thunderfuck. It's our goal song! Yes, I was just as surprised when I found out that that's the actual name of the song and artist. Having listened to the full song though, it's hype as hell and an absolute fucking banger, so hearing it before the game is sure to motivate the team so they can hear it again after they score (at home, at least. if it's an away game, JURT can play it from the bench over his phone speakers or something)

Next, it's SPACEMAN by Electric Callboy and FiNCH. Electric Callboy songs are always good for pumping you up - seriously, like half of my workout playlist is by them. SPACEMAN is my personal favorite song from them, which is why I chose it over some others.

After that, This Kiss by Alex Lahey. This is one I took from our discord's music channel, so it's not all just songs that I picked! It's a pretty upbeat sounding rock song, I could imagine it being in an NHL game.

Next, Fly Away by Gloryhammer. Another pick from the music channel. The band is called Gloryhammer. I don't need to say anything else.

And to finish it off, BFG Division by Mick Gordon, which you might know as "that one song from DOOM (the 2016 one)". 8 and a half minutes of pure god damn adrenaline. Just the boost of energy you need right before heading out onto the ice, this song makes me feel like I could fist fight the fucking sun and kick its ass.

1. AC/DC - Highway to Hell: Because the road to the cup is never easy and it's an enormous battle to even get there.
2. Queens of the Stone Age - Go With the Flow: This song we only play during home games in Prospera Place. You just have to give in to the vibe and atmosphere of the home crowd and go with the flow.
3. Pearl Jam - Alive: This game we all love and breathe it makes us feel alive. That's why this song is played every day. Wether it's game day, optional skate or video day. We thank our makers for having the opportunity to play this game at the level that we do.
4. Volbeat - Still Counting: "Counting all the assholes in the room, I'm defenitely not alone." Don't think I need to say more about this song.
5. John Denver - Take Me Home Country Roads: For obvious reasons.

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]

Nibbles does not know much about music because well, he is a squirrel and he is mostly occupied doing squirrel like tasks like finding acorns and burying them. However, his teammate Iam Downski introduced him to a couple of great songs and he has since started listening to the following before every game:

1. Blur, Song 2
2. Guns N' Roses, Welcome to The Jungle
3. Kernkraft 400, Zombie Nation
4. DaRude, Sandstorm
5. Stompin Tom Connors, The Hockey Song

When Nibbles asked Downski how he heard of these songs and found them the elite scorer simply just looked at him and said: "I google hockey song and this what come up, also Downski score goals." Nibbles is very thankful for everything that Downski does for the team and listening to this music before games really helps get his mind right to play the best hockey possible. He is always looking for more songs to add to his playlist though so if you have suggestions then do not be afraid to shoot him a message.

Code:
175 words

[Image: SouthPaw.gif]

1. Changmo - Maestro

Ok look I know whoever is going through other people's playlists and stuff is going to have a raised eyebrow when looking over this, but trust me, the piano goes crazy with the rest of the beat. Also who wouldn't want to get pumped pre-game to a song called Maestro? Just like a real maestro, Edward Elric considers himself to be the conductor of the Armada as he regular dictates whether the team wins or loses.

2. The Purge - H1GHR MUSIC

Okay maybe this is more cultural representation than you might have imagined, but ignoring the korean lyrics the beat is great and can get anyone amped up and ready to run through a wall for their teammates.

3. Frankenstein (feat. A$AP Rocky) - Swedish House Mafia

Shoutout @Gwdjohnson for recommending me this song. But if you thought the last song had you amped up, give this one a listen. Just a head's up I'm not covering damage charges for the inevitable hole in your wall. A$AP Rocky absolutely killed this song and it's too powerful to not be a pre-game warmup song.

4 - The Feels - @WannabeFinn
Okay, the original timeless classic was pretty good, but WBF's rendition took it to a whole new level? Are you kidding me? How did he do it??

5. Count Me Out - Kendrick Lamar
Idk, it felt wrong not having Kendrick on here somewhere

[Image: jackkanoff.gif]

[Image: jeffiesigs.gif]
Nour is pretty hot ngl