Create Account

S65 SMJHL PT #5 - MVP

The Ideen Fallah Trophy for MVP as decided by the Awards Committee is the most coveted individual award in the juniors league. Who is on track to win it this season?
Written Task: Which players are in the running for league MVP? (150 word min.)
Graphic Task: Create a graphic comparing the top 3 MVP contenders. Must include team logos and renders.
Reward
3 TPE for doing the thing. (Just one of the things, not both.)
Only S65 SMJHL Rookies (S66 SHL Draftees) are eligible for this PT.
Link PBE, WSBL or ISFL submissions here to get credit for affiliate claims.
Do not claim this TPE until a post is made in the claim thread.
Deadline: Sunday, June 12th @ 11:59pm EST

[Image: jay2233.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @High Stick King and @Maxy for the sigs!

Raptors Argonauts 
[Image: m59RPb7.png][Image: FcWmVTl.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-06-2022, 03:51 AM by gordieboom. Edited 3 times in total.)

Hi all, i hope you all had a good week? Let’s dive into MVPs in this what i assume is going to be the last point task of the season. MVP stands for most valuable player. Okay, but how do you measure most valuable? Well i think that is a personal taste and it is really hard to give any scientific number to a player. Also how do compare forwards with defenders, forwards with goalies and defenders with goalies? Even within a specific position it is hard to compare players, e.g. when is an offensive defenseman better that a defensive defensiveman? All in all i think it is just a matter of personal taste, and you based your opinion on other stuff like who did stand out in some stats categories for instance. Based on that i picked the next three players: forward Shylo Moxii of the Quebec City Citadelles, he can pretty much do anything, 1st in goals, 8th in assists, 1st in shots, 10th in plusminus, 4th in hits among forwards. Defenseman Rand al’Thor of the Newfoundland Berserkers, tied 1st in goals and 1st in assists among defenders is just simply impressive. Finally i have to mention goalie Evert Jansson of the Detroit Falcons, the team that is leading the regular season mostly thanks to his impressive 1.66 GAA and .928 Save%.

Stars | Player | Update Thread | Gordie#6746 | Manual Lineup Sheet | HockeyNation | Grizzlies

PBE Affiliate

A MVP is a player who help is team reach the next level or put his team behind his back to helmp them win.
The top 3 for me:

Shylo Moxii : The best scorer in the league. He's also in the top 3 in points and help his team reach the second position in the standings. He have some help with Rylie Versi and Louise St. Martin who are also in the top 10 in points. In his third season in the SMJHL, he have a chance to be the leader in both stats.

Dan Baltisberger : Top 10 in goal and leader in the assists category, he need to be in the conversation for the MVP. He have 23 points more than the second player in his team so without him, the offensive production of St Louis would not be the same.

Adam Rage : The Maine are 6th in the standing but the leading scorer of the team only have 48 points, so the goalie must be the reason why they're there. With 22 wins in 37 games, it's not bad and he's in top 10 in all the stats for the goalies in the SMJHL.

Honorable mention of Joshua CorcoranTwich in net who can also be a MVP for the Scarecrows. He's the rock in the defensive of his team.

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]
[Image: un22.png] [Image: 5tu6.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-06-2022, 11:17 AM by Matty86. Edited 1 time in total.)

The Ideen Fallah Trophy for MVP is sought after by every player who laces up the skates at this level. While there are a ton of talented players throughout our league here are a few that I believe are top candidates to win the award this season.

Detroit's Ivan Lacksamus leads the league in points with 69, including second best in the league in goals with 31 and an impressive 38 helpers to go with them.

St. Luis winger DAn Baltisberger has scored 22 goals and added 43 assists to lead his team, as well as being the top assist man in the league, he's a key component to their club and deserves a look in the MVP race.

Shylo Moxii out of Quebec City needs to be in the conversation as well with his league best 32 goals to this point. He's also added 33 assists on the year and without him his club wouldn't be running away with the lead in their division.

A top goalie who deserves consideration would have to be Evert Jansson from Detroit. He has an astonishing 25-1-1 record and an equally impressive 1.66 GAA and .928 save percentage.

Code:
202 words

The league MVP is quite a price to win. The greatest achievement for any player on a player level. The only price that can be bigger is to lift to buckle at the end of the season, but that is a team award. Who will enter the famous MVPs of SMJHL? There are three candidates sticking out as of now. Those players are:

• Shylo Moxii, Center  Citadelles 32 goals, 33 assists with a total of 65 points and 36 +/-
  • Ivan Lacksamus, Left Wing  Falcons 31 goals, 38 assists with a total of 69 points and 48 +/-
  • Evert Jansson, Goalie  Falcons with letting in 1.66 per match and a save percentage of 0.928.
It will be very interesting to see who wins the award. Shylo Moxii was the favourite. Now Ivan Lackamus is in the lead. Will Evert Jansson make a leap at the final quarter of the season? Will Moxii reignite his play from the early season? We will have to wait and see. Perhaps somebody entirely different pops up in the last minute? Stay tuned!

[Image: TomPedersenCD.jpg]
[Image: cgv4vCv.png][Image: 3Kip7R0.png][Image: ivBf7yq.png][Image: cEbgUph.png]

PBE Affiliate PT

[Image: wfm-sig.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

The obvious current choice to win the Ideen Fallah trophy for SMJHL MVP is St Louis Scarecrows (Team Switzerland teammate) Dan Baltisberger. Not only is he chasing current leader Ivan Lacksamus for the points lead in the league, as well as leading the league in assists, but he's really taking the rest of his team by the hand in the process. Leading the Scarecrows in goals and assists, he racked up over 50% more points than the number two on his team. He is involved in more than a third of the goals the St Louis team scored this season so far, and therefore of great value to them. Without Baltisberger, I doubt th Scarecrows team would be in the playoff spot they're currently holding. Baltisberger could really put the rest of the contenders out of the race if he manages to snag a few more points during these last few games of the regular season and shoot the Scarecrows up a spot or two more in the standings.

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

The MVP discussion is gonna be an interesting one this season. You could start by looking at the top two scorers in the league, Ivan Lacksamus or Shylo Moxii. They both are putting up ridiculous numbers, but both of those guys also have a nice supporting cast around them. David-Arturri Donskoi is doing all of the heavy lifting for a struggling Regina team, keeping them firmly in the playoff race. Rand Al'thor is doing a great job from the Newfoundland blue line, leading the team in points while playing huge minutes for the thrid place team in the league. I also want to take a look at a goalie who is carrying his team. Joshua CorcoranTwitch is having a monster season for the St Louis Scarecrows, putting up a very good .919 save percentage while pitching a ridiculous seven shutouts. There are some good choices, but I think it's too close of a race to call at this point.

[Image: Faelax.gif]
[Image: aroach.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png]    [Image: DNLeeu0.png]

(This post was last modified: 06-08-2022, 02:17 PM by Froste39. Edited 1 time in total.)

The MVP race is always a delicate thing. On the one hand you tend to pick the obvious contenders, those who scored the most points overall or have the best +/-. In that case there is no way around the likes of Shylo Moxii, Center for the Citadelles or Left Wing Ivan Lacksamus (Falcons). These guys lead the league in points and are pretty great goalscorers too.

Defensively there would no way around Falcons Goalie Evert Jansson who conceded a terrific average of goals below 2, losing only 4 games so far in regulation.

On the other hand the MVP should be someone that lifts a team from mediocrity or downright dread to newer highs, making them a contender. For me this player would be Dave Heinrich, Center and Captain for the Battleborn. While the other teams have overall great lines and seasoned players, Nevada fields a lot of rookies thi season and still does exceptionally well. Heinrich leads the NBB top line and functions as a true leader on and off the ice. He is a great idol for Nevada's rookies and should at least be in deeper conversation for the trophy.

[Image: Nevada-Froste.jpg][Image: froste.png]
Signatures by myself and Ragnar

the winner will be me, Tommi Koivu. I am the best player in the league whether you like it or not. Suck on that big media. I think the scarecrows are the best team in the league but it does not matter what others think LOL. I have the most hits in the league, and have the best defensive presence I'd say. I'd say some others think that I am the best maybe? Maybe some of the offensive players would say that because I hit them so hard. Little baby boys getting the body laid on them by the Koivu brothers in the bot lane. I think that WideePeepoHappy3 my brother would be the runner up. He is a bit wacky and wild and I think that means he is good at the game you know. Good guy and my good brother. I can not wait until they give it to me in the offseason after the crows in the cup.

[Image: rotti.gif]

PBE Affiliate - Laser

[Image: laser.png]

[Image: Virrok.png]
Thanks to EAB and sulovien for the sigs!

I think the clear runaway leading candidate for the MVP award this season would have to be Lord Zomp. The interesting thing about a most valuable player award is that value doesn't necessarily have an objective metric. Of course there are attempts like WAR in baseball but value leaves open the possibility for subjective interpretation, and Lord Zomp's user @Zomp has provided me with the most value on a personal level of any player in the J. Lord Zomp's performance on a middling anchorage team has been good without much help around him (47 points, 14 more than anyone else on the team as of writing), but it is zomp's presence as a celtics fan that has proven extremely valuable to me throughout this season. There aren't too many other boston sports fans in the discords that I'm in, so having zomp as a reliable fan and celtics-watcher has been a huge boost to me. if al horford hits some big threes or jaylen throws down a hammer i can count on zomp to be there in the armada discord going :eyes: :eyes: :eyes: with me. I hope the committee takes this into consideration during their voting this season.

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

[Image: mT0DEyZ.png]

[Image: MvfRxO2.png]
sigs by me bitch

(This post was last modified: 06-09-2022, 11:27 PM by StaticShocked. Edited 1 time in total.)

[Image: xKdmd8M.png]

[Image: leblaVa.gif]
Shoutout to @adamantium for the sig! <3