Create Account

S65 SMJHL PT #5 - MVP
(This post was last modified: 06-09-2022, 11:18 PM by Poopmonster666.)

I appreciate everyone suggesting this or that player as contender for MVP. And I appreciate the argument made about this or that player's goal scoring ability or playmaking skills. But let's be real, the player who is going to win will win by way of the most important attribute and that's the nicest butt. And it's no contest. The nicest butt award goes to Rod Cocker. It's not easy showing off your butt wile skating in hockey pants but (heh heh) Rod Cocker manages it up and down the ice. No other player can claim to have assisted their own by butt. Tight I say, bounce pucks off that thing. Skate? Why skate when you can twerk your way to victory? Honk Honk, clear the ice and back that truck up.

Also, Rod Cocker should be awarded the MVP for Most Valuable Penis. Because... Rod Cocker.

I'm an infant. You should have known this when you saw my username.

I have narrowed down the most valuable player list to a select few. Probably all from Detroit, but so what, who cares?

Ivan lacksamus - the cheese man is so full of that cheddar it feels like when he doesn’t have a multi point game it’s a rare occurrence. Dude has been on fire all season and after talking with him, he said, and I quote, “get the hell off my property before I call the police”

Moritz seider- animal. What else am I supposed to say. Most things I’m legally obligated not to say, but what I can is he is a good hockey player. And he smells like lemongrass. That’s what I’ve heard. It’s not this t-shirt I stole from the hotel.

*snnnnnifffffff*

Everett Janssen - he’s a goalie. Some people like to think that matters. I don’t. He’s putting up record challenging numbers in the best team in the league. Wow. So good.

[Image: Fantobens.gif]

The current front runner for league MVP is Ivan Lacksamus, a left winger for the Detroit Falcons. As the only 40 goal scorer in the league, combined with 43 assists for a league leading 83 points, Lacksamus has proven to be a dominant force offensively, while still boasting a strong two way game as he is currently +58. Another top 3 contender for league MVP is Rand Al'Thor, left defenseman for the Newfoundland Berserkers. He leads the league in points for defenseman and assists for any position, with 72 points and 53 assists respectively. Al'Thor does not let his offensive prowess take away from his defensive game, as he continues to be a top 10 leader in +/- in the league, currently sitting at +61. Shylo Moxi is my final pick for my top 3 contenders. Playing center ice for Quebec, Moxi is a consistent goal scorer and assist machine, with 35 goals and 41 points. His physical game is what really sets him apart, though, as he's known to level players who can't keep their head up, resulting in 116 hits on the season.

[Image: I1sSxD7.gif]
(This post was last modified: 06-10-2022, 01:07 PM by JAC_.)

Here are my top 3 contenders for this season's Ideen Fallah Trophy:

LW Ivan Lacksamus - Detroit: To me, this is the clear frontrunner for the trophy. When you lead the league with goals and points while playing for the top team, that's a hard combination to beat. Ivan is in the top 10 among all skaters for +/-, while also being in top 5 among forwards in multiple statistics, including assists, +/-, and shots taken. I definitely feel that Ivan has the resume to win MVP this season.

LD Rand al'Thor - Newfoundland: While defensemen sometimes aren't high on people's lists of MVP candidates, I feel that Rand has defiantly earned that consideration this season. Among skaters in the league, Rand finished first with 53 assists. He also finished sixth in total points, fifth in +/-, and tenth in shots taken. He led defensemen in assists, points, and power play goals, while also finishing in the top 5 for goals, +/-, and shots taken. This is Ivan Lacksamus' biggest threat to winning the MVP.

Evert Jansson - Detroit: I've got to show some goalie love with this pick. While Jansson and his teammate Toms Zile both have impressive resumes, I feel that Jansson was the best goalie in the league this season and that should put him under consideration for MVP. While he didn't lead the league in any major statistics, he was top 5 in just about every one, including wins, goals against average, goals saved above average, save %, and shutouts. Posting 30 wins, 2 losses, a 1.75 gaa, and .923 save % should definitely put him in the top 3.

[Image: YZjkK9Q.png][Image: zmWhIQu.png]

There really is only one option for who should win the most valuable player award this season. The player really has stood out this season and has really taken the league by storm.

That player?

Tom Holberg of the Anchorage Armada.

Over 49 games played this season, Tom has an amazing 3 goals and 2 assists for a total of 5 points. His plus/minus is a whopping -12. These are just…..absolutely outstanding numbers. We are at *insert hockey newspaper here* are just absolutely gobsmacked by the numbers this young Norwegian phenom is putting out this season. Not only are his offense numbers impressive, but Tom has an incredible 19 hits and 10 shots blocked this season. Incredible!
What makes these stats even more impressive is Tom only average a little under 7 and a half minutes per game! Imagine if he got the ice time of a first liner. He’d surely have run away with the MVP conversation at this point.

I mean there are a few other players who could win such as Ivan Lacksamus or Rand al’Thor, but really, those two dont stand a snowball’s chance in hell next to Tom.

[Image: cd6sM5U.gif]
arigato to everyone for the dope sigs <3

| Updates | Player Page |

SSL Affiliate

When you look at this season of the J, you think there will be just one candidate for MVP. Ivan Lacksamus leads the league in goals and points which you would immediately look at and think "that guy has to be the most valuable to his team. Look at how many goals he scored for them!" You'd be right and that he is pretty valuable to the Detroit franchise. He scored the most points with a near 50/50 split in goals to assists. Those are extremely solid numbers especially in a league where the gap in earning is so little.
Lacksamus should win the award but I want to highlight another player for consideration: Rand al'Thor
al'Thor is a defensemen for Newfoundland who put up an astounding 75 points this season which is good for 7th overall in the league. Heck, he lead his own team in points this season. Now that is simply unheard of around this sport. He is that powerplay quarterback that every team wishes they had and he deserves a little bit of a shoutout for his performance.

[Image: 3MtyuZk.gif]
[Image: dAxJaBU.gif]

The Ideen Fallah Trophy is a very prestigious award given to the MVP of the SMJHL each season. This season, there are a few very worthy candidates to claim this title as their own. First we have Ivan Lacksamus, who currently leads the league in both goals (44) and points (89). Dave Heinrich was the biggest factor in Nevadas strong season with an impressive 81 points. Next we have Rand al'Thor, who leads all Defensemen with 75 points, just an overall strong season. On the Goalie side, we have Justin Time. 39 wins in 56 starts is quite the accomplishment and should be applauded. Nina Tucker is tied with 7 shutouts and has both a 2.19 GAA and a 0.916 SV% to go along with it. Those are my choices for the Ideen Fallah Trophy this season, they are all deserving and with just a few games remaining, one may rise over the rest.

There are a small handful of players left at this point who are seriously in the MVP discussion. First for me is Ivan Lacksamus of Detroit. Detroit has no real shortage of MVP candidates, but Ivan leads the league in points and goals, and when you're putting up 89 points and 44 goals for your team you're clearly doing something right. Second on my shortlist is Rand al'Thor. The Newfoundland defender leads all defensemen in points, with 75 to this point, and 56 assists notched. If a defenseman is going to win the award this year, it's going to be al'Thor unless Louise St. Martin has something to say about it down the stretch. Essentially with this shortlist, I'm just naming one player from each position group I think could win the award, so to top things off with possibly the least likely of these 3 but for my money the best goalie in the J, Joshua CorcoranTwitch. The St. Louis goalie has been the steady wall behind the Scarecrows' improvement this year, with a .917 save percentage and 17.75 saves above average. JCT may not be on the best team, and he may not have the most wins, but he is a major reason that the Crows are going to be dancing in a few weeks, and he deserves the credit.

[Image: YztPk3T.png]  [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

SMJHL Simmer Pt Pass

[Image: MWJDjbu.png]
[Image: 183de87f8b7c0453e0172c60380f5739.png]

PBE Affiliate PT

[Image: SouthPaw.gif]

I'm not super into hockey so I'm not sure how the defensive-offensive split is, but I'm going to assume that awards voting in this league just like all other sports generally favors elite offensive player over elite defensive play. That means that the most likely MVP candidate is Ivan Lacksamus, who currently leads the league in goals and points, and is fifth in the league in assists. +/- leader is Holden Steady, but you usually don't give +/- a lot of consideration if it is a player on a team that is otherwise very bad, and Holden Steady is on the best team in the league, so that's probably a non-argument. Rand Al'Thor leads the leagues in assists and is 9th in points, so if you wanted to make the argument that Ivan benefits greatly from being on the best team in the league and that Al'Thor means more to their team than Ivan does to Detroit, I think that's a totally fair argument. But right now, because of how award voting is in sports, Ivan seems like a very clear favorite to win the SMJHL MVP. Moritz Seider is also the defensive star of Detriot, and ranks significantly higher in D-Rating and overall rating (82 overall rating would be good for the best in the league, ahead of Rand Al'Thor). Justin Time is pretty damn good, too, having the most wins in the league and a majority of their losses coming in OT (which means they have significantly more time to make mistakes than other goalies, as they played longer). Samuel Picard is the most efficent goalie in save % and winning %, but hasn't played nearly enough to warrant an MVP discussion. And, just as a reminder that win-loss can always be INCREDIBLY misleading, B. Jobin lead goalies in game rating. 

So I guess my final ballot is something like
1) Rand Al' Thor
2) Ivan Lacksamus
3) Moritz Seider
4) Justin Time

An MVP caliber player, is, for me, the king of guy who will make the difference for his team and help the players around him play better. Keeping that in mind, for me, the best players aren’t the one who are the most impressive statistically but the one who makes the biggest impact for their teams. Following this reasoning, those are my 3 picks for the Ideen Fallah Trophy (in no particular order).

Rand al’Thor – Left defensmen (Newfoundland Bersekers): Having helped is team achieve a third place in the league standing, as a defensemen, he leads the league in apple while having a good number of goals under his belt. He plays an impressive average of more than 23 minutes per game (with some time on bot the power play and the penalty kill). Talk about leading by example!

MRS. McSaves – Center (Detroit Falcons): Being a key piece to his team domination this season, he had a really important role in his third season as he scored 76 points (33 goals and 43 assits) while playing on the first line (and having power play and penalty kill duties). But, even more impressive, he has an impressive +75 +/-. When he is on the ice, good things happens frequently, and bad thing are almost never happening. A special player that can elevate the play of his whole team.

Getting ready because there is only 364 days before the next hockey team selection   Renegades

[Image: Ggpmsvy.png]

PBE affiliate

[Image: P1XRN7f.png]

Picking a MVP (most valuable player) is never an easy task, but I’m going to give it a try.

Ivan Lacksamus
Right now Ivan Lacksamus seems to be the front runner to be MVP for this seasons SMJHL season. With 46 goals and 48 assists he leads the league in points. With the scoring title already in his pocket he’s looking to add another major award here this season after a wonderful performance.

Eddie Creller
Teammate of Ivan Lacksamus Eddie Creller should also be in the running to get a MVP nomination. With 36 goals and 52 assists he is runner up in the league in points. Being Ivan Lacksamus main setup man he’s a big reason he was able to score a total of 46 goals this season.

Rand al’Tor
Leading the league with 57 assists this season, Rand al’Thor has been a huge asset to the Newfoundland Beserkers this season. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him pick up a MVP nomination this season.

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]