Create Account

S65 SMJHL PT #5 - MVP

MVP is a subjective term in my opinion. A player that might be more valuable to you, might not be valuable at all to me. Hence why a lot of people tend to disagree on who they believe should win Most Valuable Player awards. I am sure a lot of the posts on this thread have different names as well, with few agreeing on one consensus name. However, when you think about the Anchorage Armada, there is only one POSSIBLE name you could think of. This player was simply just head and shoulders above the rest and was simply beloved in the Locker Room. Without him, the Anchorage Armada would have probably not existed this season. That was how important and crucial he was to the whole team. This player is none other than Matty Ice. Matty Ice was an incredible player for the Anchorage Armada this season, putting up astounding numbers with a whopping 22 points in 66 games. He also had an Ovechkin-like 15 goals this season. Absolutely stunning!

[Image: jackkanoff.gif]

[Image: jeffiesigs.gif]
Nour is pretty hot ngl

So when I get asked about who I think should be the MVP of the smjhl I think there is only one forward that comes to mind. Ivan Lacksamus has shown to the entire world that he has mastered the Moho and is fully ready to take that jump to the big leagues. The pure shooter is a sniper that is not challenged by any team in the East or the West. Getting 46 goals in absolutely amazing and he is a huge reason that Detroit was able to be so dominant this year. Not to mention that having a +66 is also showing how much control Ivan possesses on the ice and he can shut down other teams too lines without breaking a sweat. Now this isn’t to take away from the rest of the guys on Detroit, but Ivan also had the 2nd most blocks out of all the serious forwards. This done shows how much passion he brings to the ice and why he cares so much about winning. I’m my opinion he is the only vote for the award this year

[Image: zcOwSzN.png] [Image: b1AwZLU.png]
First ever Yukon Malamute draft pick (1st overall S65)

[Image: ezgif-3-597e9990a5.png]

MVP, the Most Valuable Player, all want it but only one can get it (each year lol). While the Four-Star Cup is the ultimate trophy to have, this comes in close second for some. It can take a whole team to win trophies, and this is one of them, even though it awarded to a single player, but this player helped their team by helping take the team to the next level of game play and win at all costs! There are several great choices out there but in the reward system, it always comes down to three to vote on. My three for MVP are as following:

1. LW Ivan Lacksamus DET - 46 Goals (1st), 48 Assist (6th), totaling to 94 Points (1st), Shooting Percentage of 15.9% and a final OGR of 81 (1st).

2. G Evert Jansson DET - 33 Wins (Tied 2nd), 5 Shutouts (Tied 4th), 1.99 Goals Against Average (1st with 25+ games), 0.915 Save Percentage (Tied 2nd with 25+ games).

3. C Shylo Moxii QCC - 37 Goals (4th), 47 Assist (10th), totaling to 84 Points (Tied 3rd), 14 Powerplay Goals (2nd).

I waited until the end of the season so that everything plays out. While these are all great choices, my vote will be Ivan Lacksamus because of his great record breaking season and leading Detroit Falcons (with Jansson) to finished the year with 120 POINTS!!!!

[Image: BnanaNWaffles.gif]
Sig by @Ragnar / Avatar by @leviadan
[Image: lIYTYDN.png]  [Image: qtbn8zh.png]  [Image: wu5MVvy.png]

The league mvp is a big deal. It's every players dream but very few are ever qualified for it. Who may be the front runners in this contest? Who contributes the most out of all players in the league? Let's meet them all.
Detroit's Ivan Lacksamus is an obvious choice. This guy is a point creating machine. He not only leads the league in goals and points but he's also top 5 in assists. He brings a lot of value to the table
Another close contender is Shylo Moxi of Quebec. Trailing close behind Ivan in goals and points, he also boasts 14 PP goals which isn't too shabby.
My personal favorite is David-Arturri Donskoi from the Regina Elk. He has been a workhorse with 14 points more than the next guy on his team. He leads the league in hits and his team in most other stats as well. He has lifted and kept the Elk in the playoff race and the rest of team has a lot to owe him.

Who will win? I don't know, I just write stuff I think is neat.

[Image: BtI4G9Q.png]

If we are talking about SMJHL MVPs, these are the players that I think have to be in the conversation:

Rand Al'Thor: The Newfoundland Beserkers defenseman is leading the league in points scored by a defenseman with seventy six at this time of writing. Putting up over point per game numbers while being a good defensive presence is both the sign of a strong team and a great defenseman.

Ivan Lacksamus: The Detroit Falcons forward is having an absolute heater of a season, leading both forwards AND defensemen in points with 94 at this time. That is an insane point total for anyone in the league, and Ivan is proving to the Falcons that he is the real deal. With his teammate & linemate Eddie Creller right behind them, you can tell that the two players have an immesurable amount of chemistry and even though (I think) Lacksamus will end up winning the league MVP, there could be an argument for Creller as well.

[Image: g7VtVXX.png?1]

[Image: Z8YSDad.gif]

[Image: crutchfield.gif]

It's really hard to argue that any not named Ivan Lacksamus deserves to win the season fifty five MVP award. Detroit as a whole was incredibly impressive this season, dropping just seven games (two of which were lost in overtime) in the entire sixty six games that they played. They finished the year atop the standings with an incredible 120 points and a .909 point percentage, undoubtedly one of best finishes in league history. And while Detroit played as a cohesive group - there is one player that stands out among them - Ivan Lacksamus. Ivan lead not only his team in scoring but the entire league as well, putting up forty six goals, forty eight assists (6th overall) and an absolute whopping total of ninety four points! Ivan put on an offensive clinic this year, if Detroit takes home the title he would have had a lot to do with it.

[Image: FG1uDPY.png][Image: QAcQptc.png]

A long while back, I was a member of the SMJHl awards committee. For a few seasons I did choose some nominees for the Ideen Fallah award, so I will try to remember my reasoning I used back then.

I would always look first at the top point getter, are they at the top because the are the most valuable player in the league? Or were they great players on a great team? Mainly, I was / am trying to decide if they weren’t on their team, how woul the team have done without them. With that all being said, here’s here few players who I like as the leagues most valuable player:

Looking at the top scorers, Detroit’s Ivan Lacksamus deserves a look at. I know that Detroit had a dominate team, but Ivan lead the league in goals and was second in assists. Would the Falcons been as dominant without Ivan? I don’t think they would have been this good without him.

I’d also have closer looks at Dave Heinrich and Dan Baltisberger. Both players are the only player from their teams to end up in the top ten of the league leaders. They no doubt we’re the most valuable players for their teams, maybe even the league.

[Image: Ci4nm13.png]sig by @Bruins10 
Scarecrows   Specters   Canada