Create Account

S65 PT #4: Fitness? Yeah I'm Fitness Prompt in the Forum

Written Task:  What does your players fitness regimen look like and why? What's your player's play style, and how do you support that with your off-ice routine? If you're a net front person, for example, are you big into upper body work for shoving people around? Or maybe lower body so you can plant yourself and not be moved. If you're an older player in the league, maybe talk about what you do to stay competitive with all the young folks. What secrets have you learned over the years? If you're a younger player, do you have any veteran friends that share these secrets with you? (150+ words)

Fitness is, of course, paramount for any professional athlete.  How each individual goes about attaining fitness and particular strengths is as unique as how each player plays his position.  Rinky McDangle is a wingman.  So there are some aspects of his training regime that are extremely important for him to fulfil that role.  Because he is active in the corners there has to be a big time strength component to all his workouts.  This entails both upper and lower body work as one needs leg strength tp protect the puck on you get it.  But to get it you have to have a reasonable degree of upper body strength as well.  Technique alone just won't cut it.  Speed in another attribute that is important for a winger.  He has to be able to go wide on a defenseman then drive to the net.  Endurance is essential for all players so that each can maximize their effectiveness in the time that they are on the ice.

Professional teams employ a competent staff of trainers that create individual custom training programs for each of their players.  Players are expected to follow these programs in the off-season so that they come to camp in as good a shape as possible and in most cases, better than when they left.

[Image: Rinky-sig.jpg]

pt pass

Pass Forfeit (D) ● Player Profile
Kraken Rage Panthers

[Image: esilverm.gif]
Special thanks to Blitz, jhockey, Ragnarr, and sulo for the gorgeous sigs <3

[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

Creative prompt:

Well, first of all, I already am a pro hockey player in the SHL, so working the idea of working towards getting my SHL pro body is a bit redundant: any body type I'll have until the end of my career is going to be an SHL pro body. It's not the body that makesthe pro, it's the pro that makes the body. Still, to be able to be a pro, there is indeed a strict minimum you have to put in, because no matter how good your hands or vision, all of it is useless if you don't have a certain minimum body capacity to follow through with it. Here is what I would recommend, it's a training that one of the greatest human beings to ever lived taught me: one hundred push-ups, one hundred sit-ups, one hundred squats and 10 km running every day until your hair falls off (which also makes you more aerodynamic).

[Image: lespoils.gif]

Player Prompt

For Cillian Kavanagh fitness is everything - and will continue to be at the forefront of his mid season and off season training regime. Goalies are a prime example of what great flexibility, diet and fitness can do to bring their play to the next level. Putting in the extra hours in the gym could add seasons and years to any player's career if done safely and correctly. Mobility work is at the top of Cillian's everyday training routine. Before Kav touches a weight, Cillian spends up to 30 minutes of stretching and making sure his body is warmed up before going into any workout. Ensuring the body is properly warmed up and hydrated is an important piece of the puzzle to avoid cramps and injury. From there, Cillian works with Raul, his personal trainer on a variety of different types of workouts including but not limited to, hypertrophy training, explosiveness, flexibility and overall strength gains. Putting the time in off the ice is guaranteed for success on the ice and makes for a long healthy career.

Word Count: 176

[Image: takethehorizon.gif]
[Image: IdMkYiH.png]

[Image: NIYtQkE.png] [Image: NjFSX1z.png]

Creative prompt Graphic
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1...t_done.png

[Image: 64377_v.gif]
Whalers Whalers Whalers Panthers Panthers Panthers Panthers Panthers Panthers Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack
Finland / Germany  
Big thanks to Pythonic(first sig evah), Sloth(first LAP sig<3) and Ragnar for their sigs<3
Two time playoffs MVP and two time nominee
Triple gold club
Discord: asska

Creative Prompt: For Duncan Mackenzie, the choice was simple. When offered the chance to make his own workout tape for the masses, he immediately began preparations. One google search and amazon purchase later, he was dressed in a skintight, leopard print leotard and was ready to pump up some fools with some 80's inspired workout hits. Abusing his power he holds in Calgary, he forced two of the Dragon's prospects to join him as his backup crew, because no 80's fitness star ever worked out alone. They grabbed their mats and their too tight clothes and crushed out a pretty intense High Intensity Interval Training Workout. They laughed, they cried, the producer cried as he was forced to watch it. All in all, it seemed like it would be a massive success. When it came time to release the video to the masses, they hit every outlet they could: BetaMax, VHS, DVD, Blu-Ray, YouTube, RedTube, Instagram, Snapchat, Facebook, Myspace, Reddit, Sky-writing, and flipbook. Everyone wins.

[Image: %3E%5Balign=center%5D]
Aurora Winnipeg Aurora Aurora

Player Prompt:

The key to good goaltending is not just in athleticism, but in positioning. After a workout routine that covers the basics (strength training, core exercises and a two mile run), Justin Time moves on to a thirty minute yoga routine to focus on his flexibility. Once that's done, the real work begins: exercising the mind. Thanks to the new VR goalie training program in the QCC training center, he can grab his gloves, put on a headset, and work through tricky situational plays all without the aid of his teammates, who are working on their own routines. The goal of proper positioning is simple: if you're already where the puck is going, you won't need to be as strong or as fast as another goalie to make the save, and you'll maintain your energy throughout the whole game! Once the workout is done, it's off to the showers, and then the buffet to refuel after a good workout.

[Image: RAmenAmen.gif]
sig credit: Ragnar, Sulovilen, Enigmatic, Bayley
[Image: kcP9WEd.png] [Image: DNLeeu0.png] [Image: DKMMlC3.png]
[Image: RAmenAmenPride.gif]

Slavakov’s workout routine is based on the rough Siberian life that he led before joining the SHL. It’s a lot like Rocky 4 in that he does stuff like running through the wilderness, lifting logs, and doing more “natural” workouts. As an SHL player however he must also take part in traditional gym exercises with the Pride trainers. As a power forward, the main part of the body Slavakov works on is his legs. So a lot of squats, a lot of deadlifts, a lot of leg presses, making sure that he has strong balance so he can play a physical game in front of the net and around the boards. Slavakov also makes sure he helps the younger players with their workouts. He spends a lot of time helping Svoboda, Samuelsson, and new prospect Bordeleau with their workouts and making sure they’re achieving their goals when it comes to workouts. Finally, he always finishes his workouts with some shooting drills and a protein shake.

[Image: OX6Yrrn.png]

[Image: hPSkjwC.jpg]
Thank you @xjoverax and @phoenix for the sigs!

Well being that I was recently sponsored by Apple I would take this opportunity to not only get some sponsorship money on top of releasing my very own workout video. It would start off a little loose and goofy with some intros of Scoochie and Evil joining me. However it would get down to business pretty quick starting out with a quick dynamic warmup before getting into the lifting portion. Being that we are in season it isn’t a heavy lifting day but more dynamic and plyometric type work. Squats while also on resistance ands and some bench press, and dead lifts. You know the big 3. This of course would be followed up with some on ice drills because you always gotta be putting in the work to get better every day. Now this is where the fun portion of the workout it. Being that Apple is talking about how durable their new phone is we tapped it onto various pieces of equipment while doing the drills. All in all it was a blast filming and hope everyone enjoys it.

WC:181

[Image: CaleSalad.gif]
[Image: kalesaladshl.gif]
some high fibre sigs are Powered by AllBran, 

This is the kinda prompt that makes Daniel Merica Jr go straight from six to midnight. Merica is a physical specimen the likes of such we haven’t seen since the Greek gods, and his workouts are legendary.

With fitness taking over and there becoming such a huge craving for it, Merica would quickly capitalize on this opportunity and start up his own fitness OnlyFans account. The content they would receive would be Merica Jr. parading around in just his ranger panties, pumping massive amounts of iron. His assistant would be spraying on some water based…stuff…to make his rippling muscles gleam under the picture perfect lighting.

As Merica sweats out the alcohol form the night before, two beautiful blonde haired goddesses will walk into view and hand him a towel to increase the tension and drive his viewers mad wondering what might happen next.

With premium editing, there will be a nice slow-mo section as he works out his immaculate, ripped chest muscles on the cable machine, pausing at the apex of each rep for maximum effect. The comments will be going wild with anticipation.

S2, S5, S18, S22 Challenge Cup Champion
Hall Of Famers: (S7) Alex Reay | (S28) Daniel Merica

[Image: mckeiltbb.png]
[Image: Merica5.gif]
Thanks to Ragnar, Wasty and myself for the sigs.

PBE Affiliate

[Image: notoriousTRON.gif]
Sig Cred: Carpy, ML, RainDelay, Donini & Geekusoid
[Image: gs89eGV.png]

PBE PT

[Image: geRnYPO.png][Image: 0S9kFQ6.png]
Shout out Ragnarr for these two amazing sigs

PLAYER PROMPT Written Task: Mats Marner has always been known as a gym rat off the ice to help build his strength and speed to translate into offensive production on the ice. Marner first focuses on lifting heavy to build strength and size. There are no shortcuts here you get strong from lifting heavy weights not light weights. Marner picks a handful of big, basic exercises that train the major muscle groups in your body including squats, deadlifts, chin-ups, rows, push-ups, bench press, and overhead press. Marner tries to add a few pounds to the bar or squeeze out an extra rep or two over what was done did last time to continually improve strength and endurance. Marner focuses on setting new personal records primarily in the 3-8 rep range as often as possible. Ultimately, athletes who follow this method always end up far stronger and in better shape than when they first started and is the staple of Maners workout regime.

[Image: apSD6uj.gif]
[Image: leafsftw1967.gif] 

Malamutes  Stars Malamutes  Stars

"Don't be afraid to get goofy with this one." I'm sorry but fitness is no joke. I am a top quality athlete that has worked hard to make it in the bigs. I have a strict diet and workout routine that has many, many secrets. All the best secrets. Secrets everyone wants to know. So, in order to make sure no one can watch it to ensure these secrets remain secrets and don't secrete from my knowledge, I will be releasing my fitness and workout training video as a VHS. No one has those anymore, so no one will watch it. "But how will I make any money?" You ask? Well I will then release multiple screenshots as NFTs. These will have a starting value of $4m each and I expect the rate of return to be roughly 200% in 6 months. This is the best investment you could make since the Big Short. Trust me, I know lots of smart people and they all compare NFTs to the housing collapse of 2008 (the good part of the collapse, not the bad part).

[Image: puddlesoduck2.gif]

Player Prompt:

Videl Valor has been known to play a high demand two way style. To support this, she would have to have a strong physical back and core muscle regimen. She does this by heavy endurance training, especially with 400 pound deadlifts on her back, making her near impossible to knock her down on the ice, as that would be a penalty every time. The next thing she works on is her shot, which is one of the hardest in the game we all know and love. She does this by using a heavy weight medicine ball to imitate her stick positioning and a small piece of rubber with a radar gun nearby to measure her shot speed. The final thing she does for her exercise routine is a simple run on a treadmill to practice for the rare time that she would get on a breakaway, better play it safe and then not have an excuse for losing!
(160 words)

[Image: ljefVAX.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]