Create Account

S65 PT #5: Day With the Cup

Please pick ONE prompt to write about. Do not mix and match prompts. Identify the prompt you are using in your submission - Copying and pasting the prompt will deduct from your word count so if you do this make sure YOUR submission is 150+ words excluding the prompt.

PLAYER PROMPT - SHL and SMJHL players alike dream of hoisting their championship trophy at the end of the season. But what people often forget is that at some designated point later in the summer-- you'll get to spend your own personal 24 hours with the cup, doing whatever you want. Maybe you've won it before, maybe you've got a chance this season, or maybe you don't. Either way it's fun to imagine, right? Let's go into our mind palaces. 

Written Task: What would your player's day with the cup look like? Would it be a wild and crazy whirlwind party around your home town? Is there a coach or a teacher or a parent you'd want to visit? Maybe an important place to your player? Maybe you'd just like to sit next to it on your deck and listen to nature. I don't know! You tell me! What would your player do during their dream day with the cup. (150+ words)

Graphic Task: Depict your player enjoying their off-ice moment with the cup.  

CREATIVE PROMPT- If you don't want to talk about your player this week, maybe you want to make up a little bit of SHL history. There have been hundreds and hundreds of individual players that have had their day with the cup over the SHL's 65 season history. Some have been remarkable, others not so much. Let's focus on the remarkable ones.

Written Task:  Tell me about the wildest day the cup has ever been through. It can be with completely made up players, or with real ones. Use as much or as little actual SHL history as you want. I just want you to have fun making up a crazy cup story. Who was involved? Where were they? Did this crazy day leave some kind of mark on the cup? What was the aftermath? (150+ words)

Graphic Task: Show me the climax of the cup's craziest day out. 

You will receive 3 TPE for fulfilling all requirements.

All responses are due on Sunday, June 19th at 11:59 PST. NOTE: IF YOU SUBMIT/EDIT AFTER THE DEADLINE YOU WILL RECEIVE REDUCED/NO TPE.

Affiliate claims from either PBE or ISFL or WSLB or SSL are accepted; link directly to your post and note if your username is different there.
If you have any questions/concerns, please PM me. Tasks with malicious intent will not be graded. The graders reserve the right to determine malicious intent, after discussion with me. You will not be warned.

This task is for SHL players and send downs only, it is not for SMJHL rookies.

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=661a1734&is=6607a234&hm=b8...1bf5caed8&]

pt pass

[Image: jay2233.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @High Stick King and @Maxy for the sigs!

Raptors Argonauts 
[Image: m59RPb7.png][Image: FcWmVTl.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-19-2022, 10:39 PM by hockeyiscool. Edited 1 time in total.)

Drink out of cup

WSBL Affiliate 

Different Forum Username: basketballiscool
(This post was last modified: 06-15-2022, 12:54 AM by yosh. Edited 1 time in total.)

Honestly, Vaseline Podcalzone would almost certainly have to take the Cup (I'm assuming it's the Challenge Cup, although Podcalzone did win the Four Star Cup, but was unable to take it anywhere) back to his hometown of Vladivostok, in Russia. It's a cold town, but I am certain that Podz and the cup will get an incredibly warm welcome from his faithful. There really wouldn't be a big party or anything. Probably just some celebration out in the city hall, where fans can come up and take pictures with the cup, and get autographs from Vaseline Podcalzone himself.

He would obviously make sure those closest to him were invited to this event. His parents, obviously. His old coaches from his association hockey days, prior to when he joined the Newfoundland Berserkers and began his North American hockey career. Afterward, it would be nice to take the cup to the rink where Podz grew up playing hockey on. It might be too warm to take it to an outdoor rink, but that would be an awesome idea for sure.

WC: 178

[Image: beegbeegyoshi.gif]
[Image: B7bDIPG.png]
[Image: YOSHI.png?ex=65f214ee&is=65df9fee&hm=80f...e73badf86&]

Code:
Written Task: What would your player's day with the cup look like? Would it be a wild and crazy whirlwind party around your home town? Is there a coach or a teacher or a parent you'd want to visit? Maybe an important place to your player? Maybe you'd just like to sit next to it on your deck and listen to nature. I don't know! You tell me! What would your player do during their dream day with the cup. (150+ words)

If I could have a day with the Challenge Cup, I would bring it back to my home town of the beautiful west coast and my city of Vancouver, BC Canada! I would take it back to my old high school and have a ceremony showcasing that a hometown kid can achieve one of the biggest accomplishments that a SHL player can accomplish. I would look to host an autograph/photo session where fans could get a chance to get an autograph from me and take a picture with me and the Challenge Cup. This would be a great way for people in my home town to interact with me when I'm in a more relaxing environment and not having to focus on a game during the off-season.

I would then look to have a mini-parade around my neighborhood in the suburbs where I grew up (and hopefully not cause too much havoc during it).

Finally, I would get together with some of closest friends with whom I rarely get to see during the season where we would get a nice dinner and just catch up on life.

(188 words)

[Image: Jammin.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: zS2lCMp.png] [Image: ixmZA3M.png] [Image: pxjucze.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Thank you @High Stick King @OrbitingDeath @Ragnar @Tesla for the player signatures! 

Player Prompt

Any time I win a trophy, I always want to bring it back to where it started - the community ice rinks of Geneva, Switzerland. But since it's a full day with the Cup I'm taking that damn thing all over town and am probably pulling an all nighter to maximize my hours (much to the chagrin of the keepers of the Cup because they'll have to deal with my extra bullshit.) The community rinks are just the first stop, because every journey to the top starts somewhere and I want to inspire some of the future players just starting their hockey lives. But after that it's a fuckin' party. We're hitting up the shopping districts, the bars, the clubs. Yes, we will have a bit of a breather in the parks and nature. But a trophy is a thing to celebrate like there's no tomorrow, not a "soak it all in" thing.

[Image: valpix.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @Symmetrik, @Merica, @enigmatic, and @sulovilen for the sigs! 
Avi courtesy of @MN_Moosey
[Image: d9J5DHT.png]
Citadelles Switzerland Stars Blizzard 
[Image: VGl3CB4.png]
[Image: valpixpride.gif]

PLAYER PROMPT: To start my day with the cup, which would happen in my hometown of Lillehammer in Norway, me and a couple of my friends would get up really early in the morning with the goal of bringing the cup to the highest point in Norway by going on the hike with it to get to the top of Galdhøpiggen which is not too far from my hometown, once we get there, I would raise the cup over my head on the peak of the mountain. Then, I would take a helicopter ride back all the way to Lillehammer. I would invite people from the city to the town center to see the cup and take pictures with it or with me. Finally, the celebration would move to my house with my close friends and my family. A massive soup would be served from everyone to enjoy directly from the cup and then, after a small cleaning, everyone would get an opportunity to take a slip of champagne from the cup.

170 words

Nor Ge
Citadelles

Salzberger Lillehammersson
norway Inferno World Falcons

Anders Christiansen
[Image: inferno.png] [Image: dragons.png] [Image: wolfpack2.png] [Image: stars.png] [Image: Dxdffra.png] [Image: hGKuRrv.png] [Image: sAx3Llh.jpg] [Image: firebirds.png]

When the New Orleans Specters win a Challenge Cup soon (the first time that Malik will win one), Malik will spend his 24 hours with the Cup on the edge! First, let's travel to Toronto, cause why not? Let's go rub it in their faces that the Leafs haven't won a significant thing in recent and pretty late history. In fact, can we have an additional parade in Toronto? It'll be the only one they get any time soon anyways. Next, let's do skydiving with the Cup! Malik has never been skydiving, but it has been on his bucket list for awhile. What better time to check it off while with the Cup? Lastly, let's have a party! We'll need to invite everyone from the team, including players, coaches, staff, and their families. It will cost quite a bit, but that doesn't matter when we have won the Cup! That sounds like a day right? Trip to Toronto, skydiving, and a raging party. Let's get it!

[Image: leafs1997.gif]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] [Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: QtEp67y.png]

Quote:Written Task: Tell me about the wildest day the cup has ever been through. It can be with completely made up players, or with real ones. Use as much or as little actual SHL history as you want. I just want you to have fun making up a crazy cup story. Who was involved? Where were they? Did this crazy day leave some kind of mark on the cup? What was the aftermath? (150+ words)

There was this time back in 2009 when the cup was lost for several days in Las Vegas. There was a huge rager in one of the rooms at Caesar's Palace where 3 players were celebrating with the cup. The celebrations got crazy and before they knew it, they wake up the next morning to a trashed room. In a panic, they all look for the cup and end up face to face with a tiger in their bathroom. Shortly after trapping the giant cat, they also discover a baby.

Still without the cup, the players decide to leave the tiger for later, take the baby and meet for coffee and emptied their pockets in hopes of retracing their lost night. Luckily enough, one of the players finds a stub from a wedding chapel but they have no way of getting there. As they ponder this problem, they are mistaken as police by a valet and presented with a police cruiser for use. The 3 players jump into the car and borrowed it for the trip to the chapel.

Long story short, it turned out that one of them got drunk married at that chapel the night of the party. That is where the baby came from, he married the mother. The tiger belonged to Mike Tyson. Umm... what else. A naked Ken Jeong jumped out of a trunk and attacked one of the players. Oh and the cup ended up being on the roof of Caesar's Palace in one piece but a bit hot.

What a crazy adventure.

[ 261 words ]

[Image: yyo9APg.gif]

Player task:

This is clever PT topic, I have to admit. Well done, Sir. But back to the task, William Salming would spend day with a cup of course in his home country, Finland. First, he would go to a forest at his home town. Why? Because it is a place where he ran when he was a young guy and developed his stamina, strength and speed. It is a place where all began. That's why it would be a very meaningful place. After that, Salming would visit in a local outdoor sports field and show the trophy to local human beings. After that, it would be a time to celebrate little bit and eat well with family and friends. Salming would drink some lemonade from the cup, for sure. In the evening, Salming and the Cup would go together just hanging outside and collect some attention more from local people. That would be a day with the Cup.

[Image: salming.png]

Obviously, when the Atlanta Inferno win the challenge cup and i get my turn of keeping the trophy for 24 hours, my plan will already be in motion for a while. About 3 months before the finals, i will have someone i know from my dark web times, to get me someone that can make an exact replica of the cup, using less than stellar materials of course, but with nobody being able to notice the difference to the real cup. Think about fake paintings that go unnoticed for decades, this will now happen to the "former challenge cup".
So, after replacing the trophies, i will be keeping the real one in my house, where i have a secret room with all my accolades (not many so far, if any) and "stolen" stuff from the art world, sports memorabilia, etc.
No way this can go wrong, unless someone has the same idea and gets to have the cup first. So i need to step in front of the line when the time comes.

(173 words)

I think your day with a Cup is a great chance to do something good and to have a positive impact on the life of a lot of people around you and inspire them. So I would definitely try to get it to some people from my past that helped me to get where I am. Former teammates and the one youth coach that really became a mentor to me, classmates, people from the town I grew up in... But most importantly: Bring in the kids, let them see and touch the cup (if they want) to inspire them in their own hockey careers or all other endeavours in like, let families come to experience it together - they are the ones who can takes the most away from this for the rest of their lives. And aside from that, just try to have a good time, maybe with some barbecue, some swimming and just let everyone come who wants to the Cup, no matter if you really know them or not.

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

Player Prompt:

For my day with the cup (which the Aurora will absolutely win) I will take it to the local ice rink and show it off to all the kids. I'm sure they will be happy to see the Challenge Cup in Winnipeg. (And again the next year and the next...)  I would then take the cup home and hang out with it, eat cereal out of the top, and some angel hair pasta. I would then book a round the world flight so I can be the first person to take the Challenge Cup around the world in one go. While on the plane, we're gonna have a party to get all our jiggles out lol. Beck will probably just end his time with the Cup by looking at it, soaking it all in, and appreciating all the hard work it took to get to this point. When he hands it off to his teammate, he will give it one final kiss before its eventual return the next year. Yay. 

(WC 170)

[Image: DqlVneu.png][Image: FVlMRDN.png][Image: q30YniK.png]

Credit to enigmatic, Merica, and tweedledunn for sigs

Oh Lacksamus has not forgotten that the cup would come his way for a day and has already planned out a full day of activities for him and the cup. Honestly, it will have a lot of similarities to what we have seen others do with the cup, but why not take the best of other people's plans and make it work for you?

Step 1, clean the cup thoroughly. Hockey players are nasty. Then I'll eat a nice big cup of fruit loops out of it. From there we'll then take it to see mom and dad because you can not possibly win the cup and not share it with your parents as they worked really hard to get you there. Then we will hit out first restaurant with it. Table for 2 please! I will stare lovingly at the cup while eating my $30 salad and drawing stares from other patrons around me. From there it will be time for a nice leisurely drive by where I grew up so I can show all the kids from the neighborhood the cup. Then it will be time with the boys. The party shall commence and although I know that regulations prohibit it, there shall be cup stands in the future.

[Image: thiefofcheese.gif]

[Image: Yztckjo.png] 

Sig credit: Ragnar, Carpy48, High Stick King

pt pass

Pass Forfeit (D) ● Player Profile
Kraken Rage Panthers

[Image: esilverm.gif]
Special thanks to Blitz, jhockey, Ragnarr, and sulo for the gorgeous sigs <3

[Image: DG0jZcS.png]