Create Account

S65 SMJHL PT #6 - Playoff Dreams

We've wrapped up the last games of the regular season. It's playoff time!
Written Task: How has your team prepared for the playoffs? (150 word min.) (if your team didn't make the playoffs: what is your player going to do with all their spare time?)
Graphic Task: Create a game day program for a playoff matchup involving your team. Must include 2 team logos and 1 render.
Reward
3 TPE for doing the thing. (Just one of the things, not both.)
Only S65 SMJHL Rookies (S66 SHL Draftees) are eligible for this PT.
Link PBE, WSBL or ISFL submissions here to get credit for affiliate claims.
Do not claim this TPE until a post is made in the claim thread.
Deadline: Sunday, June 19th @ 11:59pm PST

[Image: jay2233.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @High Stick King and @Maxy for the sigs!

Raptors Argonauts 
[Image: m59RPb7.png][Image: FcWmVTl.png]

In Detroit, we don't really need to prepare much for the upcoming playoffs. We've shown we're able to beat every single team in the league, scoring 10% more goals than the next team and being the least scored against team as well. Especially on the road, the Detroit Falcons were near unbeatable, losing only one road game in regulation during the entire regular season.

The team is very confident in their normal game prep being more than enough to see themselves through to the four star cup finals this season, and don't feel like they need to put much effort into any additional playoff preparations, other than making sure there's a good place to party at after sweeping teams during their playoffs series.

The Detroit Falcons are ready to face whoever they have to face, as they have been all season. The entire team wants that cup, and there's no way they're not going to win it.

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

Realistically, the Grizzlies aren't a playoff-ready team by many metrics. After an especially rough end to the season GFG only managed 46 points and a win percentage of .348, putting them over 30 points behind their first-round competition: St. Louis. However, there are signs that the series could be a bit closer than one would immediately suspect. Looking back at past meetings between STL and the Grizzlies during the regular season, Great Falls, surprisingly, comes out on top winning 2 of their 3 meetings with St. Louis early on in the season, losing their one away trip to the midwest 2-0. However, there are some asterisks to be noted; Great Falls has since parted ways with Ezra Wong who at the time was their primary offensive threat, St. Louis has had a considerably stronger end to their season, and obviously, the scarecrows beating Great Falls 11-1 in their most recent, previously (purposefully) omitted, fourth meeting of the season. 

All this to say the Grizzlies have a very difficult obstacle to overcome, one which likely will not be overcome, but more hockey is good no matter which way you slice it and as such, the Grizzlies are lucky and grateful to just be here. 

Code:
200 Words
(This post was last modified: 06-13-2022, 05:20 AM by Froste39.)

Looking up the history of the Battleborn it did not surprise me that we were a playoff caliber team this year. Last season was also very good until postseason and I feel we have an even better shot this year with great rookies and Free Agents like Dexter Harrison who jumped into our squad mid-season and became invaluable as one of our staunch goalies.
We will probably start our gameday pre with some light skating, enhanced by some badass music to get into the groove, followed by some gymanstics and stretching to "Call on Me" (don't forget those wristbands!).

Usually one would think that watching tape would also be advisory, but we really don't need it. We played a lot of matches thi sseason and had a ton of other gamepreps, so we know that our opponent can do, and even more important we know what WE can do. Best to just get your head free of any negative thoughts and emotions and relish in the moment.
For some players like me it is a dream come true, Playoff Hockey in the first season, so it would be better to just try and wash away the anxiety rather than overpreparing and complicating things.

[Image: Nevada-Froste.jpg][Image: froste.png]
Signatures by myself and Ragnar

When the Maine Timber made the playoffs and got a first round bye, they knew that they had a lot of work to do. They were all told that practice will amp up now, and that they will be told to watch the first round games that involve teams that they could possibly face in the next round, and take as many notes as they can. After that, they will talk about thier notes in team meetings and compare them, then watch each of the game tapes ss a team and try to see what kind of weaknesses they could exploit and what game plan they need.

Other then that, they were told to try to find ways to calm thier nerves. Sir Devoir himself went further into his sister Anna's D&D campaign, and took up some breathing exercises. He also kept in constant contact with the rest of the team amd especially his fellow rookies, just to see what they are doing to keep and calm and prepare themselves.

Code:
170 words

[Image: wfm-sig.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

Honestly, at this point, I think that most of us are just preparing for the inevitable in some ways. We've got the third best team in the league in Newfoundland as our first round opponent in a year where we were the worst team in the league by a pretty wide margin, joined only by Anchorage (who missed the playoffs) and Kelowna (who weren't exactly much better than us anyway). Still, you make the dance, even if it's by a technicality, you still gotta play your heart out. The boys and I have been in the gym lifting, on the ice skating, and at the local pubs having burgers and brewskis. Newfoundland's going to give us a tough fucker of a run in this first round, but that's the way she goes. If we can take at least one, that's a moral victory.

After all's said and done though, I've been trying to put together a friendly golf tournament between us and the Knights. British Columbian Match Play Tournament, all money from donations and gate fees going towards local children's hospitals in Vancouver and Kelowna. Shaugnessy's even told me they would be willing to host, so we get a chance to play at one of the most prestigious courses in the world. How can you complain about that?

Anyway. Go Whalers.

Code:
WC: 221

[Image: MvfRxO2.png]
sigs by me bitch

The Maine Timber have a first round bye in the SMJHL playoffs. We'll take this time to recover from the tough season but keep working to improve and get ready for our second round series. Extra time to hit the ice and practice and study our potential opponents will help ensure that we are in the best position possible to make a playoff run. 

It was a bit of an up and down season at points, but we managed to hold on the win the division and hope to carry that momentum into the playoffs. Matthew Mayhem has personally enjoyed the first season and has learned a lot and feel that I'm improving daily. I hope to be a contributor in the playoffs and to keep earning the respect of my teammates. We've come a long way but have a lot of work left to do and I'm going to do my best to help propel this team forward! 

Code:
163 Words

It will be more easy for us to prepare because we only have to look at one team. Video training and analyse how the other team plays, react at certain play, tactics and the tendencies they have about how they play.

For us, we will go to the gym and be ready physically because even if we beat them 11-1 the last game against us, we don't expect to have the same results each game of the series. They beat us two time this season so it will probably not be easy. We have to be prepared for more than four games.

Other than the gym and the video training, we will begin at home so we will take the time to see our family, do some normal activity and take the time to relax before going all-in. The mental aspect of the game is important and we have to to focus our mind to win.

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]
[Image: un22.png] [Image: 5tu6.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-13-2022, 11:27 AM by tomtommen. Edited 1 time in total. Edit Reason: I wrote some Norwegian apparently )

The Raptors took it easy in the last games of the season. Everything was already settled. Instead we have been training hard and worked on our tactics. Kelowna Knights are well known to us and we need to be at the top of our game and come out blazin' from the first drop. We have studied all our previous games versus the Knights and believe we have found out how to get the job done. During the season we have played six times versus the Knights and won five of them. Scored 35 goals and let in 9. We also played against the Kelowna Knights last playoff. Both teams have changed a lot since then, but we have studied those matches as well. All lines have also worked hard on chemistry and play patterns. We have even begun planning for other opponents as well. Focusing to go all the way. Even past Detroit Falcons.

We believe we are ready..
GO RAPTORS!!!
We believe in our abilities..
GO RAPTORS!!!
We believe..

GO RAPTORS!!!

[Image: TomPedersenCD.jpg]
[Image: cgv4vCv.png][Image: 3Kip7R0.png][Image: ivBf7yq.png][Image: cEbgUph.png]

Hi all, i hope you all have a great day! We are back for another point task. Last time i thought we had done our last point task of this season, but apparently i was wrong. Ofcourse we still have to talk about the most important part of the season, that thing called the Playoffs! Okay, well first of all i like to thank the league scheduler for giving us already a playoff ticket before we even played our first regular season, since we, the Great Falls Grizzlies, were placed in a three team division. If you play in a division with three teams, all teams automatically qualify for the Playoffs. That being known from the start affected our play heavily. We saved up all energy and we were shit during the regular season. Atleast that is what i hope is the case, otherwise our Playoff adventure will be a short one. Personally i have done everything i can to prepare my best for the Playoffs. I have trained my ass off. I hope my teammates did the same. We’ll see how it goes.

Stars | Player | Update Thread | Gordie#6746 | Manual Lineup Sheet | HockeyNation | Grizzlies
(This post was last modified: 06-13-2022, 03:01 PM by Poopmonster666. Edited 1 time in total.)

Playoffs, the beginning of the big dream of winning them. We started off the season a bit rocky, got blown out a few times even. But each individual player focused on their training and with wise coaching everyone improved. Our preparation took the shape mostly of confidence, self-belief and self-improvement. Everyone is in tip top shape and ready to win. Also, we are listening to a lot of hip hop and drinking tons of red bull to keep ourselves hyped. On top of al this, we underwent a thorough analysis of which deodorant is the best one to keep us winning and smelling fresh. We have settled on "Lavender Breeze" with "Fresh Apricot" as a backup strategy. If push really comes to shove we can always fall back on "Clear Gel Power Rush" but here's hoping we don't need to pull such a desperate move. There was lots of talk of how we should be keeping to the classics but in the end we felt it was time for a change.

Good luck to everyone in the payoffs but better luck to the Raptors! Go hockey!

As the 2nd seed with a 1st round bye, the Citadelles are doing more of the same. At this point, intense practices will do nothing more than increase pre-game nerves. We are ready, we know what we are capable of doing and we know we can win any game. Some may say that is arrogance, but it is really based off of the fact that we have had ongoing success all season.

So how do we prepare for our 1st opponent in the playoffs? We kick back, hit the hottub, watch some movies and relax. We are still meeting at scheduled times but we really just talk about life, continue our team bonding and just knowing that as long as we work as a team, then anything is possible. Some of the players hit the ice, some go get a message, some just stretch out and watch one of the big screen TVs around the facility. There are even a bunch that have fired up the gaming systems and are keeping that competitive streak alive. It is crazy to watch teammates playing themselves in the sim games as they try to get a feel for what it will be like to win the championship.

Of course there are the underlying nerves, but there is also the confidence that comes from knowing that win or lose, we are a team, we are the Citadelles!

Otis "The Irish Kid" Boudreaux
RW - Quebec City Citadelles - S66

With the playoffs being in full swing some things my team have done to prepare for these playoffs  are breaking down the film of the team we are playing and look at previous game film of our previous matchups to see what worked against him and what line matchups we would like to throw out against them in hopes of having the most success and advancing to the next round. It sure to be an exciting series and I know we are more than prepared and ready for the challenge! Another thing we have done is we have been practicing extremely hard fine-tuning little things to make sure we do not make any mistakes as one mistake in the playoffs can be the difference in advancing or getting eliminated. But with all that being said I still excited and ready for the opportunity this is what you play all season long for for a chance to play in the playoffs and for a chance to be a champion.

Sadly, the Carolina Kraken did not make the playoffs this year, and Eriksen has plenty to work on in this off season. While having a fairly decent offensive season, his defensive game was atrocious. Being an offensive defenseman does not mean he can slack off when playing in his own zone, and he's realized that now. Over the course of the post season and off season, Eriksen is going to study film from this past season while also watching how some of the top offensive defensemen in the league perform in the playoffs. He'll take what he learns from watching and apply it to some drills on the ice to get into better positioning while also learning to read the rush better. Penalties plagued Eriksen as well, so he's got to learn to stay out of the box. He'll be attending a week long retreat to center himself to take some anger out of his game so that he can be focused and calm during each shift so he can be sure to not hurt his team with pointless penalties.

[Image: I1sSxD7.gif]

the anchorage armada did not make the playoffs this season but that's ok because the active ones among us now get to hang out and talk shit about the inactives. there was a players only meeting and SEVERAL of the actual current players on the team attended. Ricky Koivu of course was there, as were Red Kirkby (i forgot his name but i think it's Red), Richard Dickbutt McFudderdudder, Philippe-Eko Eel, Edward Elric, Lord Zomp, Mats-Gunnar Kjellberg, Leon Lokitonov, and a couple of others were present at the meeting. Luka Magic was invited excitedly but did not attend. The main event of the meeting was waiting for our savior Matty Ice, who had promised not to let us down. Fun was had by all as we waited and excitedly watched the door for our alternate captain Ice to walk in. After an hour, silly giggles turned to nervous glances. Matty Ice did not show up; matty ice let us down after all!!! Serves us right, we deserve this.

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway