Create Account

History Check - The New PT Idea

History Check - The New PT Idea

Since I am still relatively new in the SHL, I don't know a lot about anything SHL-related. So this is an idea for another weekly PT, that is posted with the normal PTs, called History Check #1, #2, #3, etc.

Each History Check would be worth 1 TPE, + 0.5 TPE for correct answers. A correct submission would have to consist of:
- Correct answer(s)
- A 25-word blurb on the answer, which would be an explanation of your answer.

This type of PT gives people history on the SHL, and will really help new players, like me. But you never know, a long-time user might learn something new!

Here is an example of History Check PTs, and an answer to the question:

1. Who is the current SMJHL General Manager of the St. Louis Scarecrows? Did he/she do any other GM'ing stints in his/her career? Include years with your written answer.

Answer - TheSparkyDee
15 Words - TheSparkyDee has been the General Manager of the St. Louis Scarecrows since Season 61, but was also the CO-GM of the Scarecrows years before his GM'ing stint, from Season 57 to Season 60. He also won Gold with UCORAL in Season 55 as the head GM.

Grading:
1 TPE for doing the PT
0.5 TPE for TheSparkyDee, from Season 61 present.
0.5 TPE for CO-GM'ing the Scarecrows from Season 57 - Season 60
0.5 TPE for GM'ing World Junior Championships with UCORAL
Total TPE = 2.5 (3)

I think this is a cool idea to try for one season, and I would help to try and make this a real PT. Leave some comments for me, good and bad are both are accepted.

Thanks to @TheSparkyDee for helping me with this!!!

Jayden Cloutier

Monarchs Monarchs 

Monarchs Monarchs 
Scarecrows Scarecrows 

Scarecrows Scarecrows 
[Image: RdF9w7Y.png]

HELL YESSSSSSSSSSSSS

Drafted 2nd round 21st Pick by the Winnipeg Jets in S55 SHL Entry Draft 
GM of the UCORCAL in the WJC S55
S55 WJC Gold Medalist GM/Player for UCORCAL
Management Role for Russia in the IIHF
Recent Management Role / Head Coach for Winnipeg Aurora in SHL 
CO-GM St. Louis Scarecrows S57-S60
GM of the St. Louis Scarecrows S61-S72
S72 Challenge Cup Champion
[Image: 6JpC94j.png]
[Image: image0.png]
[Image: IMG_0301.jpg]

Being new myself, I think this is a great idea. Learning more about the league + earning TPE = win

[Image: YZjkK9Q.png][Image: zmWhIQu.png]

if we can make that more interesting than talking about sparky, it's not a bad idea

[Image: lespoils.gif]

Same thing as JAC_! We can learn about the league and the history of the SMJHL or the SHL and get TPE out of it.

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]
[Image: un22.png] [Image: 5tu6.png]

06-14-2022, 01:55 PMlespoils Wrote: if we can make that more interesting than talking about sparky, it's not a bad idea

Agree - I talk about Sparky enough as it is.

Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]
[Image: AceIn603.gif]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother
(This post was last modified: 06-15-2022, 02:42 PM by leviadan. Edited 1 time in total.)

I like the idea, I don't love the grading style. I think to make it work, we'd have to simplify it to be more like CW trivia. Simple true/false or one word answers that can be graded automatically.

I realize that takes away some of the appeal, because part of the fun of what you've suggested is digging into SHL history and finding the most detailed answer possible, but I don't think that's feasible to grade with 200+ responses without a standardized response format.

I know we've talked on Discord before, shoot me a DM and maybe we can set up a fun off season trivia PT to try in a week or two!

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=65fe67b4&is=65ebf2b4&hm=a6...46085eb3f&]

06-14-2022, 01:36 PMjaypc8237 Wrote: 1. Who is the current SMJHL General Manager of the St. Louis Scarecrows? Did he/she do any other GM'ing stints in his/her career? Include years with your written answer.
Include other leagues and this could be a damn deep dive topic lol