Create Account

EDM Trades - Thoughts from an Old GM

06-20-2022, 12:43 AMRotticusScott Wrote: Hamilton made 28 trades between S54 and S63, Chicago 14, and Buffalo 17. I'm sure a majority of the long tenured GMs and current GMs in the league would attest that all three teams are pretty constantly in talks and checking in on trade blocks around the league and thats what has lead to their success.

Rookie numbers lol

[Image: Wally.png]

Boom you did a fantastic job during your tenure as GM. You built and kept up a really solid team of people in the LR and we always had a fairly competitive team.

However, I've always felt that our window from that S59 draft kept getting smaller and pushed back further. Regression changes didnt help, you and I both saw many potential seasons removed from our players who were big parts of the Blizzard's plans to succeed. I've been seeing the writing on the wall for a bit now and I think most of the team did too. From the very start HFFO has been very transparent and in constant communication with me about the direction he wanted to take the team and how I felt about that and my future here.

This was coming if the Blizzard ever wanted to become more than just a middle of the pack team that gets blown out by teams like Chicago and Texas every time we play them. Its been hard seeing people I've spent the better part of 2 years with being moved out, but their enjoyment of the league is what's most important.

[Image: CrazyMojitoSHL.gif]
Canada Blizzard Stars Citadelles Citadelles Stars Blizzard Canada 
[Image: d9J5DHT.png][Image: 16PgOBm.png]

out of pocket

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

This is definitely being looked at from rose colored glasses. It’s easy to be biased towards what you built, but sometimes it simply wasn’t as well done as you think, and/or the landscape of the league changes.

If Edmonton was left in prime condition to enter a contending window, I don’t think HFFO would have blown it up.

S2, S5, S18, S22 Challenge Cup Champion
Hall Of Famers: (S7) Alex Reay | (S28) Daniel Merica

[Image: mckeiltbb.png]
[Image: Merica5.gif]
Thanks to Ragnar, Wasty and myself for the sigs.

This thread was just brought to my attention tonight, but I think the entirety of the main post is out of pocket and unfair to HFFO, especially after talking to a lot of the guys I drafted back in S59.

[Image: LB6bY06.gif] [Image: tanner.png]

While i can understand being upset, the team is no longer yours and sometimes going scorched-earth can be the best way. We’ve seen it work with teams like Tampa, Winnipeg, etc. Gathering a ton of picks and assets in a short time can echo into assets literally forever if the GM plays their cards right.

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

I do things fries work well with hamburgers