Create Account

Test Simming

06-21-2022, 04:29 PMdmuda11 Wrote:
06-21-2022, 08:47 AMbrickwall35 Wrote: "how am I supposed to know what the optimal strategy and builds are?"

You aren't.

What's stopping someone from transferring and applying knowledge of the engine in a single player environment to this league? Specifically referring to tactics and attribute distribution and the effectiveness of specific attributes

I played extensively in online and offline leagues in fhm6, with the way player development works in the game you don't really get much control of individual players, it's really a different beast to what we see here. I actually tried using the tactics Hamilton was using(this was a while ago when Hamilton was on top) in an online league and I had the worst record.. It was laughably bad... The only way to tell what works for the shl is to use it with and against teams that have builds like shl teams. If you're playing the game and modifying all the players to be like shl players, you're test simming.. If you're letting the in game development do its thing I see no issue with that.

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

Anyone who hasn’t gmed and is complaining about this… open your eyes.

If this was in affect when i was GM I probably would have never stepped down. I bet a lot of GMs who have stepped down over the past few seasons would agree.

This change finally gives all teams a chance to win. Nothing was more discouraging than to build a great team and locker room and still have 0 chance to win because of lack of time to test.

This is a huge step into turning the league into a more player-focused era and gives every player hope and a chance to win a championship and have good seasons.

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

06-22-2022, 10:33 AMtrella Wrote: Anyone who hasn’t gmed and is complaining about this… open your eyes.

If this was in affect when i was GM I probably would have never stepped down. I bet a lot of GMs who have stepped down over the past few seasons would agree.

This change finally gives all teams a chance to win. Nothing was more discouraging than to build a great team and locker room and still have 0 chance to win because of lack of time to test.

This is a huge step into turning the league into a more player-focused era and gives every player hope and a chance to win a championship and have good seasons.

I stepped down from GM'ing in the J primarily because of test simming and am now considering applying to GM again.

[Image: BirdmanSHL.gif]

Jean-François Bokassa
Armada

Proud Father of Johnny Wagner-Svenson

[Image: unknown.png]
Sven Svenson Career Stats

Sweden Raptors pride

Everyone recreate for FHM8

S2, S5, S18, S22 Challenge Cup Champion
Hall Of Famers: (S7) Alex Reay | (S28) Daniel Merica

[Image: mckeiltbb.png]
[Image: Merica5.gif]
Thanks to Ragnar, Wasty and myself for the sigs.

There are legitimate concerns one can have about the effectiveness of this rule, about unintended side-effects, loopholes or enforceability. But come on now, you can't seriously argue that test simming was good for this league.

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

06-22-2022, 02:01 PMRomanesEuntDomus Wrote: There are legitimate concerns one can have about the effectiveness of this rule, about unintended side-effects, loopholes or enforceability. But come on now, you can't seriously argue that test simming was good for this league.

This is basically where I'm at.

The idea behind the rule of returning the league to a player focused league and improving the work experience of GMs is great. But, as noted by RED, enforceability seems rough and existing gaps in knowledge combined with increasing the benefit of the competitive advantage earned from having disposable time are concerning.

I personally think that raising the floor is the idea option, but that seems far from possible given the nature of the SHL and what FHM is.

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

06-22-2022, 02:19 PMsve7en Wrote:
06-22-2022, 02:01 PMRomanesEuntDomus Wrote: There are legitimate concerns one can have about the effectiveness of this rule, about unintended side-effects, loopholes or enforceability. But come on now, you can't seriously argue that test simming was good for this league.

This is basically where I'm at.

The idea behind the rule of returning the league to a player focused league and improving the work experience of GMs is great. But, as noted by RED, enforceability seems rough and existing gaps in knowledge combined with increasing the benefit of the competitive advantage earned from having disposable time are concerning.

I personally think that raising the floor is the idea option, but that seems far from possible given the nature of the SHL and what FHM is.
Don’t underestimate the fact that if a GM wants to test sim he’d have to recreate all the rosters all the teams all the divisions. Get 1 test sim in then restart the process over again. Your basically adding 10 fold amount of time to test sim even once.

[Image: FR-B3jfXsAAvEaW?format=png&name=small]

06-22-2022, 09:07 AMAcsolap Wrote: Pretty telling that theres a lot of SHL weekend warriors complaining and no SHL GMs complaining.

That's because they're too busy test simming

Player Page || Update Page

[Image: a5C9JXf.png]

CERTIFIED THREAD KILLER
MONTREAL IMPACT FOREVER