Create Account

(GRADED)Deep Dive #2 - phil of delphia forge
(This post was last modified: 06-21-2022, 05:06 PM by CptSquall. Edited 1 time in total.)

I would like to use this second deep dive to look at an exciting new franchise in the shl landscape because it was launched by one of my very best friends in the league and he goes by the name of ass clap @Acsolap oh yeah and the team is the Philadelphia Froge! In the deep dive I will analyze their selections in the expansion draft, their results thus far, and lots of facts about @honkerrs.

The Forge kicked off their existence in Season 60, a mere 4 seasons after the previous expansion brought the Atlanta Inferno and Seattle Argonauts to the league. Philadelphia launched alongside the Montreal Patriotes, two franchises who have had very different stories thus far. Philadelphia was awarded first go in the expansion draft and used that pick to select Bork Lazer from the Hamilton Steelhawks. Lazer is still on the roster but hasn't earned TPE since November. Nonetheless, he remains above 1200 TPE and has been a solid roster piece in their seasons thus far, and Frick was great in the LR while he was around I'm sure. With Montreal selecting a player from Toronto in the second round, Ass of clap followed suit and drafted the other Toronto player, First Name Last Name - this proved to be an excellent pick as Gurbs stepped in as co-GM of the team once honkerrs honked off. The standout pick of the draft had to be Nathan Thomas from the San Francisco Pride. Kale is a great user and has brought plenty of activity to that team's locker room in addition to plenty of TPE and on-ice individual success.

The only remaining draftees still on the team are James Kimanje (who just retired), Patrick Shepard, and Scoochie Stratton. Stratton has of course been a stalwart in net for the froges as he often beats the atlanta inferno no matter what. The worst pick was Rex Kirkby haha!

According to their team information page, there is no history!! post some history there!

According to the index I guess, they have the following point totals in their franchise's seasons: 
S60: 63 (14th)
S61: 69 (11th)
S62: 73 (10th)
S63: 78 (11th)
S64: 81 (8th)
S65: 83 (10th)

That's a truly incredible trajectory there with nearly-linear consistent growth every single season. If this keeps up, the sky is the limit for this team! This progression hasn't yet turned into post season success, but i'm sure it soon shall. 

While assclap is the face of the franchise, one need not look too far to find the true brains of the operation - honkerrs. honkerrs is the engine that makes this team run! his enthusiasm for the league is unrivaled and unbridled - his frequent contributions to GM chat were a joy to observe, his countless hours spent sim testing having no life paid off in several rings for the team, and his TPE earning has been off the charts as his hall of fame goalie career continues to run smoothly. Honkerrs is quite the catch for the philadelphia franchise and assclap did well to nab this man as his co-gm and goalie!

The atlantic division is a shitshow and they were stuck with a 4th place finish and subsequent trip to Buffalo this playoffs, but surely more success awaits them around the corner. But with a move to FHM8, who knows! All I know is i'll be rooting for this cast of characters from afar!

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

Approved, +5 TPE to @hotdog

[Image: CptSquall.gif]