Create Account

S65 Championship Week

1. CW Trivia keyword: Bananarama

(This post was last modified: 06-25-2022, 06:57 AM by Raven. Edited 4 times in total.)

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

CWWeekBaby

+ 3 TPE

Quote:7. Milestones, up to 3 TPE
Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 12 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your CW submission. This is done because the person who grades CW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3231879

+ 3 TPE

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. An LAP team that was disappointed in a S63 finals loss is back again to face a TBB team that has been hungry for their chance in the entire FHM era. Who are you taking as a winner and why?
b. Tampa Bay’s top forwards have been absolute power houses on this run, totalling 102 points across their top 6. If you’re LA, how do you line-match against two lines that are on an absolute tear?
c. L.A.’s D pair of Kierkegaard and Kahnwald are maintaining a shocking 2 more GF/60 than GA/60, despite playing more than 21 minutes a game including PK time. If you’re Tampa Bay how do you get around these two? Hope to outlast them in endurance, or look to more depth scoring?
d. TBB’s roster has racked up many more shot blocks (294) than LAP has (188). Do you see this as a good thing? Is this an iron willed team that’s willing to lay down their bodies to get the job done, or do you think it paints a picture of a team that can’t maintain possession and has to find another way to keep the puck out. Maybe a bit of both?

a. I feel like you have to go for Los Angeles here. They cracked the 100 point mark in the regular season, finishing comfortably first in the league. TBB finished 89th in a bit of a battle with 4 times behind them with in 2 points. Also LAP just had the smoother route to the final. Back to back sweeps and a 6 game series against Chicago. Compared to TBB who needed 5 games for Manhatten, 7 to get past Atlanta and 6 against Buffalo. (84 words)
b. LAP did not feature a single player with a minus in the regular season. They were defensively excellent with solid defending and a great goalie. That story has continued into the playoffs. They don't score as much as TBB, but they know how to not get scored on as well, which is impressive. (53 words)
c. They have both shown to be excellent defenders and if I were TBB I would recognise thoes are the targets to grind down, while trying to be more offensively oriented when other defenders are out on the ice. So yeah they will have to count on scoring coming from the depth. Those top 6 point getters are not helping them there. (61 words)
d. I think it is a mixed big. Clearly it shows a willingness to get down and put bodies on the line, however it also says something about their possession that they have to do that so often. Sacrifising your body like that throughout the entire playoffs will surely start to have an affect on them.  (55 words)

+ 4 TPE

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE, Four Star (150 words min.)
Tell me what each of the four stars on the Four Star Cup stands for! Some will say it’s for each of the four divisions in the SMJHL, but you and I know better! What four things are embodied in the SMJHL’s greatest trophy?

Back in my day we did not have a thing like 'four divisions in the SMJHL'. We all know what each star on the cup means. It is a representation of all the things you need to win that trophy.

Star 1? Teamwork. You will not get far without team work. A team who is unable or unwilling to play together will be hard pressed to step up in big moments and bring their team glory. Every team needs a strong bond to get through a long season and longer playoffs to eventually get their hands on the cup.

Star 2? Practise. You do not become a super star without putting hours into the practising the game. All the time spent in gyms, on the ice and diets. All in the name of getting your body to the optimal state to excel out on the ice.

Star 3? Sacrifice. Being in the gym all the time, traveling around. It is a massive sacrifce. Many players in this league have families, wives and kids. Sometimes you will not see them for a whole week or more. It stands for the sacrifices all players make to go out there and do their best.

Star 4? You the player. Look at how far you have come, all those hours of practise, player hard and working hard. You got to eventually win this prestigous cup.

[231 words]

+ 3 TPE

Code:
22. Written / Graphic, 3 TPE, Gone Viral (150 words min.)
Your player unexpectedly has a video go viral on social media. Why? Does it make your player look good? Does it make them look bad? What happened and why was someone filming you to begin with? ALTERNATIVELY for a graphic task, show me your player being filmed in their viral moment.

It's not the worst video that has ever gone out there from a bunch of famous people, but it is not a pretty look either. After a disapointing playoffs lose in game 7 against Chicago, the Aurora players decided to go out and have a good time to take their minds off the game. What started out with a few drinks, quickly became a night filled with more drinks, fights and very, very bad karaoke. This particular video that has gone viral is of players Ryuuji Kawashima and Rebecca Montagne. Who decided to do a karaoke number together, the famous Dutch party song. 'Waar is dat feestje? Hier is dat feestje'. It was not only bad, because they both can't sing, but also because it was a dutch song. Just the sheer craziness of the situation, trumped over every other silly thing that happened that night. So ends the tale of the viral video, nobody looked bad, but the world did now know the horrible singing voices of the two Aurora players.

[172 words]

+ 3 TPE

Total: 16 / 16

[Image: 43436_s.gif]
Thank you Fever, sköldpaddor and OD for the amazing sigs!
Heart  Militia Montreal Impact/Militia Militia-Old Heart
(This post was last modified: 06-25-2022, 11:19 AM by Crunk. Edited 7 times in total.)

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

banjo +3 TPE

Code:
7. Milestones, up to 3 TPE
Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 12 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your CW submission. This is done because the person who grades CW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

Link +1 TPE

Code:
6. Written, 3 TPE, New Stat (150 words min.)
I work for the FHM dev team and I’m giving you, sweet user, the ability to add any stat you want to our player build system. Footwork? Sure! Stink level? Why not! Stomach capacity? Ok… I guess so! Tell me what stat you want to add, and how you imagine it’ll affect the sim.

I would definitely add Shithousery as an attribute.

If you're not familiar with this rather UK-specific football (the one where you use your feet) term, to be a shithouse is to commit minor acts of annoyance, whether through gamesmanship or minor unnecessary physicality - then plead innocence and avoid any kind of confrontation. I imagine the role of agitator in the sim is meant to do the same things as this, but this would determine how good players are at performing that role, and how much they naturally do that sort of thing even when it isn't their assigned job on the team.

This would result in only one thing in the sim - more fights. And I thing that would be wonderful - hockey fights are like crashes in motorsport, everyone pretends they're terrible, but they're what half the crowd came to see. Importantly though, the player with the high Shithousery would never actually be in a fight themselves, just wind the opposition up until they instigated something.

+3 TPE

Code:
16. Written, 2 TPE, Just Like Back Home (100 words min.)
Choose a dish from your IIHF federation and tell me about it! Does your player make it? A member of their family? What’s special about it to you?

Viktor Krunk refuses to eat the decadent Western diet, so he makes a lot of his favourite Russian food, Blini.

Blini are thin Russian pancakes - think French crepes, or those things that you get with duck at Chinese restaurants. The reason he makes them so often (and part of the reason that they are so popular in Russia) is their versatility. They can be made savoury, with toppings like caviar, smoked salmon or mushrooms, or sweet, with toppings like condensed milk or jam.

Without the ability to make Blini at home, Viktor Krunk would never have been able to properly adjust to Western culture. His American teammates keep trying to get him to put bacon and cheese on them. He refuses.

+2 TPE

Code:
20. Written, 3 TPE, From Sim to Shining Sim (150 words min.)
Did you know that not a single SHL or SMJHL team has a city on the opposite side of the world from it? It’s all ocean! Every single one! This is a huge missed opportunity for rivalries! Below is a list of cities that are pretty much exactly on the opposite side of the world from each other, also known as antipodes. Choose two, give me some new expansion team names, and tell me why they’d make a great rivalry! LINK: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/548291024103931905/988640188592955402/antipodes.png

The antipodean cities I would have to choose are Hamilton, New Zealand and Cordoba, Spain. Here are my teams:

Hamilton Hunters

Firstly, who wouldn't love another Hamilton team in the SHL? Absolutely nobody, obviously. New Zealand has a wide array of game to hunt, and heading to the wilderness to shoot some prey is a popular pastime over there. The hunter as a mascot should be nice and easy to make some decent branding around.

Cordoba Coyotes

Now, I am fully aware that coyotes do not come from Spain, but in northern Andalusia (where Cordoba is) there are a number of habitats for the Iberian wolf. An Iberian wolf would be used as the mascot, and nobody would notice, as coyote/wolf differences are minimal anyway. Also, with the rest of the SHL being based in North America, coyote makes the concept more accessible. Freedom folk haven't heard of an Iberian wolf.

What's the rivalry here? Hunter vs wild dog, of course. It's a tale as old as time. I'm rooting for the dog.

+3 TPE

Code:
13. Graphic, 1 TPE, DALL-E? More like WINN-ING!
Since the ring task was unbelievably easy, I thought I’d try out another insanely easy graphics task. Try using OpenAI’s DALL E Mini to generate a Challenge Cup related image. It could be a championship ring, your player lifting the cup, a locker room celebration. Go nuts as long as you’re attempting to make it SHL related! The results will be weird, but it’s fun! 
LINK: https://huggingface.co/spaces/dalle-mini/dalle-mini

Here's DALL-E's glorious rendering of Atlanta Inferno defenseman Puddles O'Duck (@Z-Whiz) smoking a victory cigar.

[Image: download.png]

+1 TPE

PBE Affiliate

+3 TPE

[Image: crunksig2.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-25-2022, 09:52 AM by CrazyMojito. Edited 2 times in total.)

Code:

Mojito

Code:

Milestones +3 TPE

Code:
15. Written, 3 TPE, IIAM Excited for IIHF (150 words min.)
Write your predictions for this year's IIHF tournament or WJC! We’ve had some federation shake-up this season that will surely lead to some interesting results. So who do you got? Who’s going to take it all this season and why?

I’ve probably said every time I write for this prompt, but this year I actually mean it. Team Canada is winning the Gold medal at IIHF. I think the missing piece was a player made by James Truong because the IIHF team has not won gold since their player retired. Its been quite disappointing the past several seasons that my own player has been on the team having won only mostly silvers and bronzes and even not making the medal rounds a time or two. That all changes this season, it has to if my player would like to take home first prize before he retires. Hard to say how the rest of the tournament will go, would love another rematch against Finland in the finals but without an Index I have no idea what the groupings will be. Might have to settle for knocking them out in the semi finals leaving them to fight for the bronze. Will be interesting to see if USA can rebound after missing the playoffs altogether coming off a Gold medal the season before.

Code:
18. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.)
Congratulations, procrastinator!  Through your terrible time management skills, you’ve unlocked a special task! [TEAM] has won it all! Were the playoffs as you expected this year, or were there some surprises? Did anything stand out to you about this season’s final series?

It was a very refreshing playoffs this season, I know LAP was the top team from the regular season and they went up against the best team from the Eastern Conference in the finals, but it didn’t feel like any series victor was certain really outside of the first round. I’d say the biggest surprise out of the playoffs for me was Winnipeg taking Chicago to seven games, and the Pride getting swept by the Panthers. I thought that the Pride team would actually give their California rivals a run for their money but it turned out to be quite the opposite with San Fran barely putting up a fight until it was too late.

Code:
21. Written / Graphic, 3 TPE, Boss Fight (150 words min.)
Develop a video game boss fight based off of your team’s branding. Tell me what it looks like, what its strengths are, and most importantly– how you defeat it. ALTERNATIVELY for a graphic task, show me your player fighting the boss you’ve imagined.

There is a reason why most of the earths population lives in warmer climates and closer to the equator than either of the poles. That’s because people can stand heat a lot better than they can the cold. It also just so happens that the Edmonton Blizzard’s video game boss battle would be take place in the Arctic tundra during only the most intense winter storms. You are up against deadly temperatures, blistering winds, and snow falling so heavy that you can’t see your own hands in front of your face, nor can you move without proper gear due to the depths of snow. Now that’s just the environment, the actual boss is an agile winter fox who thrives in these conditions and will take advantage of any mistakes you make. You need to come prepared to battle the elements and if you are lucky enough to make it to the fox’s lair, you have to outwit and outlast this winter beast in a deadly showdown.

Code:
16. Written, 2 TPE, Just Like Back Home (100 words min.)
Choose a dish from your IIHF federation and tell me about it! Does your player make it? A member of their family? What’s special about it to you?

There is this dish in Canada that is loved by most of its citizens and anyone who visits, and it shocked me when I learned that most other nations don’t have it. It’s when take potatoes and turn them into french fries with thicker cut fries being better in my opinion. You then take real cheese curds, must be cheese curds to work, anything else is just wrong, put them on the fries fresh out of the fryer. The final step in this basic dish is to ladle hot gravy on top of it all and enjoy what we call poutine. It doesn’t have to end there though; you can add all sorts of different toppings like bacon!

[Image: CrazyMojitoSHL.gif]
Canada Blizzard Stars Citadelles Citadelles Stars Blizzard Canada 
[Image: d9J5DHT.png][Image: 16PgOBm.png]

1. trivia verification word - fun
3/16 TPE
7. Milestones + 3 TPE
6/16
PBE Claim +3 TPE
9/16

[Image: kpALfz6.jpg]
Gritty McGritterson Player Page
Gritty McGritterson Update Page

S53 Four Star Cup Champion- Detroit Falcons
S56 Challenge Cup Champion - Hamilton Steelhawks
(This post was last modified: 07-03-2022, 04:50 PM by Zombiewolf. Edited 1 time in total.)

Word

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. An LAP team that was disappointed in a S63 finals loss is back again to face a TBB team that has been hungry for their chance in the entire FHM era. Who are you taking as a winner and why?

Both of these two teams are very good but I think there is a better team. The Los Angeles Panthers are the better team between the two. The Panthers had a better season and their overall TPE is just a lot higher than the Tampa Bay Barracuda. That is why I would take LA

b. Tampa Bay’s top forwards have been absolute power houses on this run, totalling 102 points across their top 6. If you’re LA, how do you line-match against two lines that are on an absolute tear?

If I were the Los Angeles Panthers trying to stop the power house forwards of the Tampa Bay Barracuda who scored 102 points across their top 6 I would put as many bodies as I can between the net and their shooting lane. It would make it a lot harder for them to score if they had no shooting lane.

c. L.A.’s D pair of Kierkegaard and Kahnwald are maintaining a shocking 2 more GF/60 than GA/60, despite playing more than 21 minutes a game including PK time. If you’re Tampa Bay how do you get around these two? Hope to outlast them in endurance, or look to more depth scoring?

The Tampa Bay Barracuda have a phenomenal scoring ability but that cannot be everything to stop a defensive group who are brick walls. If I was Tampa Bay I would do a little bit of both. Try to beat them with endurance and look at their scoring depth as I would just pound them with shots as much as I possibly can and hopefully it goes my way.

d. TBB’s roster has racked up many more shot blocks (294) than LAP has (188). Do you see this as a good thing? Is this an iron willed team that’s willing to lay down their bodies to get the job done, or do you think it paints a picture of a team that can’t maintain possession and has to find another way to keep the puck out. Maybe a bit of both?

I always think having more shots blocked is a good thing. So, the Tampa Bay Barracuda having more shots blocked than the Los Angeles Panthers is a good thing. It shows Tampa Bay is willing to do whatever they can to win, even putting their bodies on the line. I am not sure how you can say that that is a bad thing.

Code:

+3

Total: +10

[Image: blurrybad.jpg] [Image: zomboy3.png]
Thank you Brandon, Fish, GeckoeyGecko, Karey, Kit, takethehorizon, and Ragnar for the sigs!
[Image: Pw202QP.jpeg]

Player Page || Update page
(This post was last modified: 06-26-2022, 07:21 PM by bjkman. Edited 5 times in total.)

0. PBE Affiliate - +3

1. Trivia - Bosh - +3

5. Mysterious Person - +3

Announcer: THIS DAY IN SHL HISTORY

Announcer: JUNE 26th, 2019

Announcer: The Death of Zamboni Zach Vine

Narrator: Zach Vine passed away on this day, and he was well beloved by all.

Zach: "Yeah, I just drive the zamboni, it's a bit of a thankless job but I wouldn't have it any other way!"

Narrator: While it was a thankless job, he certainly knew how important it was, he even worked when he possibly shouldn't have.

Zach: "I've never missed a day of work, and I never will until I die!"

Narrator: After it all, While he should go down in history as the greatest Zamboni driver, and the man who resurfaced the most ice rinks in SHL history; he will always go down in infamy as the man who got too drunk one night on the job and became the first ever person to be killed by a Zamboni. Rest In Peace Zach Vine

Announcer: THIS HAS BEEN, THIS DAY IN SHL HISTORY

Code:
164 Words

7. Milestones - +3

13. DALL-E - +1

[Image: LgyP4ol.png]

22. Gone Viral - +3

News Reporter: A Rage hockey player has been caught in a controversy on the social media site Tiktok this week after posting a troubling video. Our sports correspondent has the story.

Correspondent: An angry Rage fan found an old post from player Greg Davies detailing how much he dislikes the city of New York, be aware this was posted while he lived in the UK

Greg: "New York City sucks!"

Correspondent: This was just one of the many mean things that Greg Davies said in this expletive-filled 40 second video.

Greg: Yeah, I probably shouldn't have posted that publicly, I realize my mistake now

Correspondent: With the backlash of it all, Davies has been suspended by the team for 1 week after doubling down and not apologizing for what he said.

Reporter: We will have to wait and see if he will be punished for what he said, but if level heads prevail, I won't be surprised if Davies suspension ends immediately, and he is back on the team tomorrow.

Code:
170 Words

[Image: greg.png?ex=656fa055&is=655d2b55&hm=c3f3...f36747c30&]

Code:

Verification word: verify

Code:

+3 TPE - https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3232003

Code:
8. Graphic, 3 TPE, There Are Many Sticks Like it, But this One is Mine
Finally a major gear company has reached out to you about manufacturing your signature stick! For some reason that’s all they’re willing to do though, so it’s up to you to take it from here! Create a mock-up of your player’s stick! Include their name, and a bullet point list of some of its key selling points.

[Image: Ju32CTw.png]

Code:
11. Graphic, 3 TPE, Album Cover
Your favourite artist has suddenly gone wild for simulated hockey, and has approached you to join them on the cover of their latest hockey themed release! Show me your player posing on their dream album cover, with their dream artist.

[Image: EPXevIu.jpg]

Code:
13. Graphic, 1 TPE, DALL-E? More like WINN-ING!
Since the ring task was unbelievably easy, I thought I’d try out another insanely easy graphics task. Try using OpenAI’s DALL E Mini to generate a Challenge Cup related image. It could be a championship ring, your player lifting the cup, a locker room celebration. Go nuts as long as you’re attempting to make it SHL related! The results will be weird, but it’s fun! 
LINK: https://huggingface.co/spaces/dalle-mini/dalle-mini

[Image: h5aq7Mf.png]
Apparently Dall-e thinks I'm a rugby player or something.

Code:
22. Written / Graphic, 3 TPE, Gone Viral (150 words min.)
Your player unexpectedly has a video go viral on social media. Why? Does it make your player look good? Does it make them look bad? What happened and why was someone filming you to begin with? ALTERNATIVELY for a graphic task, show me your player being filmed in their viral moment.

Walton Stromberg got viral, and like viral videos usually are, it was a crazy series of unfortunate events. A local group of TikTok influencers were shooting a challenge video in San Francisco. They were going around asking people to come participate in a contest, where they could win a gift card to a local burger joint. Walton, a big burger guy, obviously could not resists but wanted to participate. Lucky for him, the challenge was to score a goal against an old semi-pro hockey goalie with just one shot. Walton was wearing a hat and large sunglasses and therefore nobody recognized him. Because the goalie was wearing full goalie gear, Walton was not holding back. He took a slapshot and scored. But on the way to the goal, the puck also punctured the goalie’s mask and he lost all of his front teeth. The video was quite dramatic at first, but it ended with Walton and the goalie posing together smiling at the nearest hospital. Walton paid for a new set of teeth, and everything ended on a positive note after all.

[Image: sulov.gif]
(This post was last modified: 06-27-2022, 01:46 PM by efischermann. Edited 6 times in total.)

16/16

Code:

Fish

Code:
Code:

I have to take Los Angeles. Not that I am happy to be taking them, but I feel like they are the better, more dominant team. As a division rival, it doesn’t feel good, but they just seem to have the hot hand this season and I don’t think anyone will get in their way.

55 words

Code:

This is more just my philosophy than anything else, but when you have a few main forwards that are tearing it up, you need to lock them down with your best defensive pair along with some grit and speed up front. It is not necessarily your best forwards against them, sometimes the best thing to do is to put your third or fourth line out there and make them work for every inch.

73 words

Code:

Similar to the above case, the key will be to realize that maybe these guys are just playing above their heads right now and do everything to make sure my top forwards are off the ice when they are on it. That is where line matching becomes so important in a series, and why home ice advantage really is a thing.

61 words

Code:

Shot blocks are a double edges sword. You obviously want to be a good shot blocking team, but often times the teams that lead the league in shot blocks are not at the top of the league in the standings. Puck possession is obviously important, and you aren’t blocked shots when you have the puck in the offensive zone.

59 words

Code:
4. Written, 3 TPE, Do You Touch It? (150 words min.)
In the NHL there’s a well known superstition that any team that touches their conference championship trophy won’t win the Stanley Cup. Are there any superstitions like that in the SHL playoffs? If so, what are they? Where do they come from? Does your team or your player believe in them? Why or why not?

The tradition is the same in the SHL, however I say screw it. Well, maybe not literally although I wonder if anyone has tried that and seen the results. I am saying just touch the damn thing. Why not? Touch it, kiss it, enjoy having accomplished something that not many teams can say they have accomplished! It is a major thing to win a conference championship. It is not something that needs to be tamed down or hidden. Hell, even lick the damn thing if you want to. It is just a trophy. I understand that it is not the final goal, but it should be a big step on your way to a final goal and I don’t see why that is something that shouldn’t be celebrated. You know there are so many other teams out there that would love to be in your place. So go ahead, enjoy winning it and lift the damn thing over your heads!!!

160 words

Code:

+3 TPE

Code:
17. Written, 3 TPE, A Few Of Your Favourite Things (150 words min.)
Last season I asked why you chose your IIHF country, and this is somewhat similar but I’m specifically asking for non-hockey reasons now. What are some of your favourite things about the country your player is from? Are there special sights? Cities? Maybe it’s food? All of the above? Do a little research on the country and tell me what you like!

The best things about Great Britain are the food, drinks and the music. I mean how can you not be proud of the UK Flag while you are sitting around eating bangers and mash while drinking an ice-cold tall Boddingtons and listening to the Beatles? Beyond bangers and mash, you have delicious fish and chips, toad in the hold and the amazing Shepherd’s Pie. The other fantastic beer that is a must try is the Green Jack Baltic Trader at a whopping 10.5% ABV it will leave you feeling amazing after each sip. Last thing is the music and let’s be real…the best bands ever have come from the UK. Beyond just the Beatles, you have The Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, The Who, Queen, Pink Floyd, The Cure and the list goes on and on. The only thing that is a downside is getting our butts whooped by those Yankees in the 1700’s, but hey, at least we have good food, good beer and good music!

166 words

[Image: m59RPb7.png] | [Image: FcWmVTl.png]

S61 Four Star Cup - Game-Winning Goal in the clinching Game 4
[Image: unknown.png]

[Image: efischermann.gif]
(This post was last modified: 06-30-2022, 11:06 AM by Gifter of Bikes. Edited 4 times in total.)

Trivia: FuckSCOTUS

milestones +2
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3232045

Do I touch the cup? Absolutely. It's a once in a lifetime opportunity. In real life, I went to a party back in the late 90s when a Detroit assistant coach had the Cup near where I lived at the time. No idea how my aunt got invited to it, but being at a small lakeside cabin with 50 people and the Stanley Cup was a surreal experience. So yeah, there's a picture of my standing next to the cup with my unkempt wavy hair and my Boris Vallejo big titty fantasy girl artwork tee shirt. Superstitions are just an offshoot of folklore, a way for people to feel like they have more control over their lives than the actually do. If I somehow get invited to another party with the Stanley Cup, I'm gonna lick the damn thing, because superstitions are nothing more than glorified old wives tales. And you can take that to the bank.

When it came time for me to make my new player in the SHL, I really had no idea what I was going to come up with. The name came after the country, however. I've always been fascinated with the Finnish language, and their social welfare programs. The fact that they have the world's highest literacy, the world's highest happiness quotient, and a ridiculous number of ice rinks per capita made picking Finland for my current player a relatively easy choice. Despite that, this is only my second Sim League player from Finland, with the first one being in a league that never got off the ground. I've had players from all sorts of other places, including other planets, but before Eero Makela, there were no Finns. I really like the idea of visiting Finland someday, though I'm frankly not sure how vegetarian friendly it is, and I think the weather would just be a little bit too cold for me to live there.
(This post was last modified: 06-29-2022, 10:07 PM by Crazylemire. Edited 1 time in total.)

1. Keyword is joeblow

+3 TPE - Milestones

ISFL affiliate +3

9/16

Quote:
Citadelles

Code:

norway

Code:

Code:

I’m taking the Los Angeles Panthers as the favourite to win this season’s cup. They had an easier path to the final, so they should be in better physical shape than Tampa. Also, they have been stellar defensively and their goaltender is at the top of his form which are two crucial things to have when you hope to win it all.

62 words

Code:
4. Written, 3 TPE, Do You Touch It? (150 words min.)
In the NHL there’s a well known superstition that any team that touches their conference championship trophy won’t win the Stanley Cup. Are there any superstitions like that in the SHL playoffs? If so, what are they? Where do they come from? Does your team or your player believe in them? Why or why not?

Most of the superstitions that you can find in the SHL are mostly inspired directly from the ones you can find in the NHL and the Stanley Cup playoffs. Of course, the most popular one during the playoffs is players who decide to stop shaving from the last day of the regular season until their team get eliminated from the playoffs. Although, I’ve seen a variation of this superstition in recent years where players shave again the night they win a series and then stop shaving again until the end of the following series. Most superstition you will find in the SHL are individually based and will only last as long as a player as a good sequence. I’ve seen a player who was on the point streak who keep eating burgers during his last meal before every game, because that’s what he did when his point sequences start. Then, he had a game where he didn’t get a single point and he went back to eating random meals.

169 words

Code:

S65 Milestones +3 TPE

Code:
17. Written, 3 TPE, A Few Of Your Favourite Things (150 words min.)
Last season I asked why you chose your IIHF country, and this is somewhat similar but I’m specifically asking for non-hockey reasons now. What are some of your favourite things about the country your player is from? Are there special sights? Cities? Maybe it’s food? All of the above? Do a little research on the country and tell me what you like!

I choose Norway for multiple non-hockey reason. First of all, I like the location of the country. It’s at the northern end of the northern hemisphere and I liked a country who gets a real winter where it gets cold. I also like the fact that Norway is a small country in terms of population where even the biggest cities don’t have that many people living in them and I love cities that are big enough to have all types of services you required, but not too big where I feel overwhelmed. I also really like the geography of the country. From the mountains to the fjord, I think Norway as everything in his environment to please a sports enthusiast like myself who likes to be able to go on a hike one day and be in a kayak for the next one. The country also has insane accessible location like Svalbard that is quite unique on this planet.

159 words

Code:
20. Written, 3 TPE, From Sim to Shining Sim (150 words min.)
Did you know that not a single SHL or SMJHL team has a city on the opposite side of the world from it? It’s all ocean! Every single one! This is a huge missed opportunity for rivalries! Below is a list of cities that are pretty much exactly on the opposite side of the world from each other, also known as antipodes. Choose two, give me some new expansion team names, and tell me why they’d make a great rivalry! LINK: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/548291024103931905/988640188592955402/antipodes.png

The SHL has announced two news expansions team in two new countries. The first one would be in Palembang which is in Indonesia and the second one would be in Colombia, in the city of Neiva. To fit properly in the league and because they didn’t want to make a big fuss, both teams went with the safe options of being named after animals. So we got the Palembang Komodo Dragon and the Neiva Poison Dart Frogs entering the league. As two cities that are situated at the opposite end of the world from each other and because there are the two new expansion team, it was natural that a rivalry would ignite between these two teams. These two teams would also make a great rivalry, because they are both in the southern hemisphere and they could compete for who has the best ice. They would also be the only two teams outside of North America and both teams would hate to play each other because how much travel would be needed to go play in the other team arena.

180 words

Nor Ge
Citadelles

Salzberger Lillehammersson
norway Inferno World Falcons

Anders Christiansen
[Image: inferno.png] [Image: dragons.png] [Image: wolfpack2.png] [Image: stars.png] [Image: Dxdffra.png] [Image: hGKuRrv.png] [Image: sAx3Llh.jpg] [Image: firebirds.png]

1. Brandon

2. a) The LAP are a great team no doubt, they are solid from front to back and have shown that coming right back to the cup finals. I still feel TBB is the underdog but they are my team. TBB is very active and very hungry for their time to hoist the cup!
  b) The top TBB line are monsters the only way to contain them is match your best defensive players on them and hope your scorers can out score their top line. This will give the best chance just limit them and hope to put a few through the TBB goalie Strom.
  c) This D pair is stingy, they are going to be hard to work around. The best chance is work around them. Try getting some mismatches from depth to work around the top pair. keep the game as clean as possible and work to avoid PK so you can have chances working on the PP.
  d) I cant see blocked shots ever being a bad thing. I understand the idea that it could mean more defensive time but having the players able to play the defensive side leads to more opportunities the other way. Defense leads to offense and if once team isnt as strong defensively it could make the difference.

4. I know there are alot of superstitions out there but the one I have been using so far is if my team makes the finals I will not look at the championship tread at all until the series is over. Being a prospect on the TBB and having them make the finals I refused to look at the championship thread until after the series was over. I feel I want no distractions and all these "what should this team do to stop these players in the series" questions are only going to put more unneeded thoughts in my head. I feel to keep all my mind on the series and nothing else is the best way to focus on the cup. I really think this can catch on and be a main superstition for most people in the finals. lets all get into it, NO CHAMPIONSHIP WEEK THREAD DURING THE FINALS!

5. I had to dig deep for this man but he has been one weird story. His name was Ted Yoskin. I know what you are thinking, "who the hell is Ted Yoskin?". Well exactly, he was been in the league since S1 and no one has known. He started as a player getting average minutes and putting up average numbers. He retired after an average career and ended up managing a handful of players. He made them great moves and had a lot of clients go mid rounds. This all seems odd doesn't it? Well that's the point. He has done some much for the league yet never has he done enough to make it on people radar. He has always been the guy laying low and doing a lot. I would give him the nickname "The Stealth Bomber" always doing the work and no one having them on the radar. Always remember Ted Yoskin.

6. There are so many great stats you could add. I feel one that would really be a good idea might be Intuition. You hear all the time on draft day and scouts talk about a plays intuition. Their ability to see a play unfold before it happens. That pass McDavid makes before his player gets to the spot. The move McKinnion makes in the corner without even looking at what is behind him. The intuition stat could really be cool to see implemented in the FHM and see how players can build the stat. Get players making blind passes in Gretzky's office for sick goal, or if not having a high intuition and the player has higher turnovers making blind passes to opponents. This would be really cool to see work on stream see some change in player builds and how to make lineups. The GM would be likely to get some playmakers with high intuition with a sniper and really see some magic happen.

7. Milestones

+16 TPE

[Image: image.png?ex=65728e45&is=65601945&hm=aa5...7eb2e58f9&][Image: vanbiesbrouck_ff.png?ex=6578c8f6&is=6566...a506d1cd1&]
Sig by adamantium

1. (+3TPE) Verification Word: juiceisloose

2. (+4TPE)

A- I Think LAP will win.  But I don't want them to, I want TBB to win because I feel like they've been so close in the past and now is their chance.  But looking at each team's rosters, I just think LAP has what it takes to win the series and bring the Cup back to LA.  I hope TBB can prove me wrong though, go Fish!

B- I think it's important to cycle lines and make sure your top guys are fresh going into the third period of the game.  Yeah Tampa's top two lines are on fire, but they eat up minutes like crazy.  So if possible just have your third and fourth line playing damage control and defense oriented hockey for an equal amount of time as your top two in the first and second.  

C- Well because Tampa is such a top heavy team, you are going to have to figure out how to beat them early and often.  Use the skill and speed of the top two lines to hammer them early with pressure, and wear them down.  If these two players are the defensive backbone of the Pride, then try to break them early in the game so that the flood gates open.  It will be easier said than done though.

D- I think that the two teams just play a very different style of hockey.  I think that LAP pressures the puck up front a lot more than TBB does.  TBB will play the bend but don't break type of defense, allowing movement through the neutral zone but shutting down opponents in their own defensive zone.  It will be interesting to see who prevails by the end of the seven game series.

3. (+3TPE)

The four stars of the Four Star cup are one hundred percent sensa.  It's like a piece of abstract art, its all in the eye of the beholder.  Some would say its for each of the divisions, but that is total bullshit propaganda.  I think the four stars represent each of the four skreeeeees that were belted out by the Detroit Falcons players in season 53.  After each player passed the cup off to the next, they would take turns skreeing as loud as they could to the crowd.  Each player did it exactly four times, thats no coincidence.  Some may ask, why thats only happened in season 53 and the four star cup has been around much longer, how??  Deal with it, is the answer.  Time is a flat circle, its coming back around homie.  The real question is, will the four stars on the four star cup continue to represent the four skreeeeees, or with they be dethroned and a new meaning will emerge.  Fuck that will be exciting, won't it?  If you want a new meaning to emerge for the four stars on the four star cup give me a hell yeah.

4.  (+3TPE)

While its a known fact that athletes, hockey players in particular, are superstitious, this also historically applies to the SHL and the SMJHL.  One of the main superstitions in the SHL is not about touching a trophy or using a certain type of stick tape, or even doing a specific amount of passes on the skate sharpening stone with your skate blades, but in fact the main superstition revolves around goaltending.  More specifically, starting high TPE goalies.  Starting high TPE goalies in the SHL seems to be almost taboo because of the frequency in which lower TPE goalies seem to win.  Imagine this, you're a GM who's going into game 7 of the finals and you have to make the tough decision, do I start my 2000 TPE goalie, or the 800TPE rookie?  You start the 2000 TPE goalie and he posts a big fat L with a whopping .840 save percentage.  Congrats, you should've started your rookie who would've won with a shutout.  

7. (+3TPE)
Milestones +3TPE Claim

Total CW TPE: 16 TPE

[Image: murphy2.png]
[Image: NI78UUy.png?width=400&height=267]
[Image: Skree.gif]

GM CW Pass

Manhattan Rage | General Manager
[Image: sig-hlemyzd.png]
thanks Sulovilen for the sig!
D | Great Falls Grizzlies | Player Page | Update Page

[Image: 8E70VfU.png]