Create Account

S65 Championship Week
(This post was last modified: 06-29-2022, 04:52 PM by BANACKOCK. Edited 4 times in total.)

5. Written, 3 TPE, Mysterious Person 150 words min

I'm unsure if the person is still around but we're going to go ahead and try and throw the member tag out anyway! @LVShark was one of the first people ever to throw me a management gig on any sim league ever. I was mostly an experienced member having been in the SHL for about 10 seasons at the time. I had a young player, Magnus Jakobsen, who was on the Hamilton Steelhawks and I was incredibly active (young lad at the time) everywhere. I started getting more involved with the team and was always having chats with everyone - including LV until eventually one day he made it official and hired me as an AGM. We made a lot of good moves together. I had a lot of amazing talks with him and other people around the league (managers etc), but at the time I was pretty young... mix that into being extremely active and passionate about the league, winning and the new management role... I was hungry..  and I tip toed the line of tampering with a player who at the time was somewhat of a friendly pal on here.. It ended up wrecking a lot of stuff and that passion came out in a negative away.

Outside of the negative, though, you age, you learn and you develop. Since then I've earned a lot of roles on other leagues and notably have been a GM on the VHL for 40 seasons straight.. and counting.. 36 now with the Seattle Bears. We've made playoffs 15 out of the last 16 seasons... have gone to the finals 8 times (in the same 16) and have won 6 (in the same 16). Looking back, it all kind of started with the SHL and LVShark and all the help he gave! (299 words)

7. Milestones, up to 3 TPE
S65 Milestones

16. Written, 2 TPE, Just Like Back Home (100 words min.)
Does it get anymore Swedish than meatballs? I mean, walk into Ikea and you're going to smell cheaply but nice, affordable put together furniture mixed in with the beautiful scent of meatballs. When Mikael was a young boy, growing up the kottbullar was a staple in the Jakobsen family and household. Every off-season when his dad would come home and the family would celebrate, they'd always have meatballs. When it was game time, his father would always have them before for good luck, to help boost his body and because he obviously loved them... Now, skip forward all those years and before every single game his son, Mikael Jakobsen, also has meatballs.

Want to know more about the Jakobsen family recipe? Take a look HERE! (126 words)

21. Written / Graphic, 3 TPE, Boss Fight (150 words min.)
The SHL and SMJHL have a lot of amazing logos and brandings that could create the ultimate video game boss, but is there any better than the SMJHL St. Louis Scarecrows'? Game developer EA has created a new game where you get to play as certain legends and fighters and you work your way through a massive open world game completing levels. At one point, you end up fighting a massive boss that is 100% designed and developed to be the Scarecrows logo, branding and.. well, Scarecrow..

The gamers released some information on him and this is what we got so far..

Scarecrow Name: Ostif
Height: 8 foot 3 inches
Weight: 469 pounds
Some of their moves: Scythe Swing, Scare Shriek, Toxic Ferno, Death Frenzy
Weakness: Fire moves, Crows, Pistachios Ice Cream, Keep up with the Kardashians

They have reached out to the best players in the world to come and try and beat the boss level. At the moment, the best time to beat the boss level is 26 minutes and it took the player 33 times. (178 words)

22. Written, 3 TPE, Gone Viral (150 words min.)
A video has gone viral of the St. Louis Scarecrows newest forward doing something on the streets of St. Louis. It's not every day you see a young player come into a team and so quickly get acquainted with everyone and the city, but Mikael Jakobsen is really wanting to make a name for himself in this city. The other day, SHL TMZ caught the young forward player go into a grocery store, buy 100 bags of groceries all containing the same items - some drinks, some food, some clothing and things that will make life easier out on the streets if you do not have a home, and started handing them out all over the city. Reports state he spent quite a few thousands of dollars on his own little project and was out from sun up to sun down trying to make a difference in our amazing city of St. Louis.

"You have to do these kinds of things. Everyone matters here. We live a good life. You should give back when you can". (175)

23. Written, 2 TPE, How Are You? (100 words min.)
Thank you for asking how we/I am doing. Life is okay for me but it's been a little bit of a challenge lately. Some things happened in April/May that had drastically changed life and I'm not a huge fan of change. In fact, no one is a fan of this kind of change. You have to learn how to navigate it (cope) and just kind of move on and develop yourself. Outside of that, work has been incredibly busy and sometimes also challenging but it is what it is. I'm there to make money. Just wish I enjoyed it more. I did however just get back from a 9 day mountain vacation in Fairmont Hot Springs, BC and like always it was fucking amazing. Hiking, fishing, golf, drinking, blah, blah... was an amazing getaway to calm the brain down.. (141 words)

1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer.
FastEddy
+3

4. Written, 3 TPE, Do You Touch It? (150 words min.)
Sean Gatez is for the most part a very rational person. He likes to think of himself as intelligent and has a good head on his shoulders. Very much believes the world is just chaos with no meaning… until he steps into the locker room. The game is where his rational mind takes a complete backseat to his weird thinking. Walking into the locker room backwards is a main one. This started years ago when his team was on a losing streak, then the day of the next game, he was carrying something heavy and used his back to open the door and walked backwards through the frame. They went on to win 10 in a row. So now all locker room door frames are crossed backwards. Also, he refuses to use any water bottle that isn’t his own from his own house. The team buys hundreds of water bottles, but not a single one is used by Gatez. He only uses the bottles that he brings himself. All equipment managers know to not swap them out. They can fill his bottle, but they can not swap it.
+3

Milestones
+3

17. Written, 3 TPE, A Few Of Your Favourite Things (150 words min.)
I am on Team USA, thankfully I have experience with this country and can talk about all the good that it has to offer, even in these dark dark times that we are seeing. Our policies make me sick and i'm tired of it. But we do have some bright sides to all of this. Our National Parks are absolutely amazing and its something that many countries just dont have. Millions of square miles of wild forest / prairie / desert / canyons set aside for us to see and enjoy. Raw nature is a thing many of us dont have access to, and Im thankful for these parks. Also, our food game is insane. Thanks to all of the cultures and immigrants that have brought their food with them we now have access to so much. If you dont have enough money to travel the world, you can at least taste parts of the world if you just look for it in your nearest city. To add onto that, because the country is just so big, every region has their own dishes that you cant find in your own region. Food will bring us all together.
+3

18. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.)
Well I will say that I was very very happy to see the LA Panthers in the finals, as we all know, I am a Panther so me being excited is obvious. I have yet to win a championship in my SHL career, and have watched Maine lose their cup every single season to NL. A big surprise was watching us sweep our first 2 rounds. That was just incredible to watch. And I was worried it was just getting my hopes up. Then when we took our first loss, I got very worried that we would not pull it off. Then the biggest surprise was watching my player get the Game Winning Goal in our final game. That was just *chefs kiss for such a great season. All season i was a pylon, then the playoffs rolled around and i went beast mode.
+2TPE

I am good, for the most part. Life is good and I recognize that I'm privileged in the sense that my only real worry in life is just trying to make a career change. The garbage that is our current world sucks in a major way, and I am very lucky that all of this doesn’t really affect me directly. It affects lots of people around me, but not me me. So with all things considered, I dont really have much room to complain about anything right now, as I have the ability to navigate all these troubled waters fairly easily. I can only wish that everyone here is able to do the same.
+2TPE

23(2), 17(3), 7(3), 4(3), 1(3), 18(2) = 16

[Image: sig-goldblum.png]
Former Player
(This post was last modified: 06-29-2022, 07:46 PM by Fitted2106. Edited 5 times in total.)

The 1st star stands for Tampa Bay because it is the greatest place to play ever and it's Tampa Bay not tampa bag also autocorrect fixed itself. The 2nd star obviously stands for trellis bagpipes as we all know the man has wonderful pipes and a great pipe but nothing like his bagpipes many pipes for many men just like 50 cents said.. The 3rd star is for the 3rd star of the game we all know that because the 3rd star never gets looked at as well as they should but they are great and without the 3rd star of the night Who would even care about the 1st 2 obviously you need the 3rd for the 1st and the 2nd to matter even though 3rd is a little less important. The 4th star is for the North Star as which we know as Polaris which guides us. Home when we are lost without the 4th star AKA the North Star we would not have any stars for our world would be dark.

176 words

4. The thing I wouldn't touch is probably my stick after we won I would just have to leave it there because you know that stick one for us going into the finals and the fact that I didn't touch it and we lost means next time I'm gonna fucking touch it because superstitions are kind of like Santa Claus not real and anyone who believes in them is a child who believes in Santa Claus if you are an SHL member and still believe in Santa Claus and/or reading this my bad I didn't mean to actually do this you might be 10 and not know that santa's not real but I got news for your Johnny your dad's not your real dad either . This just goes to show you that stupid idiot adults will believe in anything like they believe in American democracy lol.
153 words

Milestones 36 assists
Plus 40
143 hits
Winger +3
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3233664

Cw trivia fitted

6. The new stat I'm interested in is who the fuck had my back when I was out there trying to win games and was out there trying to put on from my city and this whole fucking team might have just been like gnaw cause we don't fuck with you so my stat is to see who was throwing elbows when I was getting gouged who was the man when I was being the boy who was holding it down for the motherfucking team while I was out there laying it down for myself you know I don't want to have to run from my dad for like a fucking coward but sometimes this dog needs to dig that hole seriously who is out there for me that's the stat we need not enforcers not guns But who had my back when the boy was at his lowest that's really what matters in this game dude I'm not even playing with you I'm just keeping it real real G shit
178 words

[Image: Fitted_3.png]

2x 4Star Cup Champ s49 s50

1x commissioners excellence award s 50
(This post was last modified: 06-29-2022, 09:34 PM by r1c3bowl22.)

7. S65 Milestones +3 TPE

Your mental health is just as important as your physical health. Please take care of it. Here are some helpful links just in case.

Algonquin College Student Support Services - 613-727-4723
Crisis Text Line - Text 'HOME' to 741741
Distress Centre Ottawa and Region - 613-288-3311
Good2Talk - 1-866-925-5454
Kid's Help Phone - 1-800-668-6868
Mental Health Hotline Ontario - 1-866-531-2600
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-800-273-8255

Click here for a list of crisis centres within Canada
Suicide Prevention Resource Centre
Suicide Awareness Voices of Education

If you have the contact info to your local mental help centres, let me know!

--------------------
[Image: 34987_s.gif]
Player Page | Updates

[Image: 8y3FJne.jpg][Image: kA0CbGn.png][Image: aGT9Qsn.png]

1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

Wheeler

2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. An LAP team that was disappointed in a S63 finals loss is back again to face a TBB team that has been hungry for their chance in the entire FHM era. Who are you taking as a winner and why?

Im taking me and my fellow La Panthers this season to win it all. I think that during the regular season we proved that we were well deserving of the presidents trophy for being the best team in the league. The offence, defence and goaltending were all clicking and working together nicely. and when it came to the playoffs, we had already beaten the 2nd, 3rd and 5th placed teams in the league to make it to the finals, with 2 sweeps and while only losing twice. Very strong showing.

b. Tampa Bay’s top forwards have been absolute power houses on this run, totalling 102 points across their top 6. If you’re LA, how do you line-match against two lines that are on an absolute tear?

I think you just rely on the fact that our goaltending and defence have been top notch throughout the entire playoffs, shutting down forwards that were just as good if not better than the Tampa forwards these playoffs. I think LAP should just keep doing what we're doing and trust that it'll get us to the end, as there have not been many players who have had much success against our back end these playoffs.

d. TBB’s roster has racked up many more shot blocks (294) than LAP has (188). Do you see this as a good thing? Is this an iron willed team that’s willing to lay down their bodies to get the job done, or do you think it paints a picture of a team that can’t maintain possession and has to find another way to keep the puck out. Maybe a bit of both?

I think it is a mix, and depending on the situations can be good or bad. Obviously the good part is that they have many players that are willing to sacrifice the body and commit to playing defence and keeping the puck out of the net, which teams need to be successful, and is a reason why they are in the finals. The bad thing is the fact that the players are having to be put in those situations so often in the first place, meaning the other team is having a lot of offensive zone time. Could end up biting them.

Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 12 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.

Milestones

15. Written, 3 TPE, IIAM Excited for IIHF (150 words min.)

Write your predictions for this year's IIHF tournament or WJC! We’ve had some federation shake-up this season that will surely lead to some interesting results. So who do you got? Who’s going to take it all this season and why?

I know that my own team germany has had a lot more activity this year around compared to last year so I am excited to see what we can do with a bit more buy in from the group, which is pretty tough this time around I think. I think as usual, the big 3 to beat will be Canada, Japan and Great britain. They have always been strong and they just keep getting lots of good players to replace the ones that eventually drop off so they have quality throughout the lineup and lots of high end talent. I think perhaps this could be the season that USA climbs back up into the the upper echelon, if they can figure out their goaltending which I think has been what's been holding them back the past few seasons. Finland and Sweden ofc have the talent to be able to break into the top 3 along with Czechia, so it should definitely be an interesting tournament.

Congratulations, procrastinator!  Through your terrible time management skills, you’ve unlocked a special task! [TEAM] has won it all! Were the playoffs as you expected this year, or were there some surprises? Did anything stand out to you about this season’s final series?

The procrastinator special is what I live for. LAP have won it all and it's fully deserved for us in my opinion. Technically since I had LAP winning it all in my predictions, it did kinda go as I expected, although maybe "hoped" would be a better way to describe it as anything can happen with FHM. I think going in, having finished first in the league, we were certainly the , but I think our path to the finals was what was going to be difficult, and while the teams certainly were in their rankings (other than texas), throughout the whole 

Instead of asking you about other people this season, I figured I’d ask about you! How are you feeling? Take a couple of minutes to write about what’s going on in your life and how you’re feeling lately. I think taking the time to write things down helps me appreciate or understand them better, so maybe this could help you! Or you can just rant about your cat annoying you for 100 words and collect 2 TPE. I guess that works too.

Lifes going pretty good, im doing pretty good. Just doing a lot of working and hanging out with the the gf. I guess something exciting that is happening is that I will be going to meet her family this weekend so that should be fun. With work I got selected to be part of a kinda crisis intervention team (i work with high risk youth) so that should be interesting as well, nice to be able to take the next step there. And i've been working on my irl hockey skills a lot too, just finished a couple of powerskating classes and been going to stick times regularly.

[Image: kahnwald.png]
Sig by @Ragnar

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

coffee

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. An LAP team that was disappointed in a S63 finals loss is back again to face a TBB team that has been hungry for their chance in the entire FHM era. Who are you taking as a winner and why?

As a former member of the West Kendall Platoon I am contractually obligated to pick the Los Angeles Panthers as the winners of the series. While both teams have a long history of being underdogs and failing to meet expectations, Los Angeles has shown a greater propensity for success in the last few seasons. More importantly, Tampa needs to lose so that the Platoon remains the best team in Florida.
(70)

Code:
b. Tampa Bay’s top forwards have been absolute power houses on this run, totalling 102 points across their top 6. If you’re LA, how do you line-match against two lines that are on an absolute tear?

The line matching is easy. You must crush them into oblivion. Throw out your absolute shutdown forwards and defensemen and demolish them. Make them afraid to touch the puck and that production ceases to exist. Once that is done, your more offensively minded players will take over and close out the game.
(52)

Code:
c. L.A.’s D pair of Kierkegaard and Kahnwald are maintaining a shocking 2 more GF/60 than GA/60, despite playing more than 21 minutes a game including PK time. If you’re Tampa Bay how do you get around these two? Hope to outlast them in endurance, or look to more depth scoring?

Tampa Bay will need to rely on their depth players to get around that monster pairing. Of course, there is always the option of hacking the bone and ending the series for one of them BUT if we are staying within the rules of the game it needs to be depth. They can’t possibly play much more than what they are now, so you need to capitalize on those moments.
(70)

Code:
d. TBB’s roster has racked up many more shot blocks (294) than LAP has (188). Do you see this as a good thing? Is this an iron willed team that’s willing to lay down their bodies to get the job done, or do you think it paints a picture of a team that can’t maintain possession and has to find another way to keep the puck out. Maybe a bit of both?

If FHM has taught me anything, it is that the team with more blocks is the one that is getting dominated rather than controlling the game. Tampa Bay is playing with fire and getting a lot of sim luck so far. That luck may run out against the top team in the west.
(53)

Code:
6. Written, 3 TPE, New Stat (150 words min.)
I work for the FHM dev team and I’m giving you, sweet user, the ability to add any stat you want to our player build system. Footwork? Sure! Stink level? Why not! Stomach capacity? Ok… I guess so! Tell me what stat you want to add, and how you imagine it’ll affect the sim.

If I could add any stat to the sim it would be something like popularity. I envision it impacting play both at home and away. A player with low popularity would play below their capabilities at home and on the road since so few people are their to see them or maybe there are people actively booing them. Mid-level popularity players would see a boost primarily at home. It would make sense that they would have more fans in their home town and that would up their play. A player with high popularity would have increased performance throughout the whole of SHL arenas. They have become such a draw that even on the road the level of support they have outshines any boos they would hear. This seems like it would be a stat that could be game breaking but maybe it would be just enough to shake up some the sameness that exists in builds at the moment. Maybe we could add some kind of bonus to having low popularity to level the bonuses. Players with low popularity could maybe goad the other team into more penalties while on the road perhaps.
(193)

Code:
15. Written, 3 TPE, IIAM Excited for IIHF (150 words min.)
Write your predictions for this year's IIHF tournament or WJC! We’ve had some federation shake-up this season that will surely lead to some interesting results. So who do you got? Who’s going to take it all this season and why?

My money is on either Canada or the United States. Why do I think this? Because they are the most populous nations by far on the site (I think. I’m drunk and not fact checking). The switch to FHM has made IIHF even staler than it was in Simon T. The real lack of randomness has sort of crippled the smaller nations and made it virtually impossible to have a Cinderella run happen. At least in this instance it is reflective of real-world hockey. The larger countries tend to do better at the sport than other but it still stinks. I don’t think any shakeups in the federations has any real effect on the sim whatsoever. When certain teams have a giant pool of players to choose from, they are able to ice the best teams. I really didn’t mean for this to come off as complaining. There will be no big upsets or interesting results. The same teams will be at the top as always.
(166)

Code:
20. Written, 3 TPE, From Sim to Shining Sim (150 words min.)
Did you know that not a single SHL or SMJHL team has a city on the opposite side of the world from it? It’s all ocean! Every single one! This is a huge missed opportunity for rivalries! Below is a list of cities that are pretty much exactly on the opposite side of the world from each other, also known as antipodes. Choose two, give me some new expansion team names, and tell me why they’d make a great rivalry! LINK: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/548291024103931905/988640188592955402/antipodes.png

Damn oceans getting in the way of everything. We are fixing this by going right off the top of the list. The Christchurch Saviors and the A Coruna Aranas are going to take the SHL by storm. By being the first two teams outside of North America, they stand to rake in a great deal of the international market. They make a great rivalry because everyone knows how much the Spanish hate the Kiwis. It is common knowledge that the rivalry goes back centuries, even before the Island of New Zealand was known to those on the Iberian Peninsula. It is the classic old world versus new world matchup. Those rivalries run deep and they will carry over in the Savior Aranas match up. A Coruna has a slight size advantage over Christchurch but not enough where it would create a one-sided match up. Overall, this rivalry is the future of the SHL and its worldwide growth.
(157)

[Image: EmersonSHL.gif]
[Image: uDjThoa.png]

1. choccy

7. +1 TPE - S65 Milestones

23. I’m not bad, but I’ve definitely been better. Work has been extremely hard and stressful this week. Our database credentials, aws keys, and credit card auth keys were all leaked on Monday and I was the only dev there that day. Even my boss was gone. So I had to get all of that taken care of by myself. That derailed me from this other project that has to be done by the end of the day today, which wouldn’t have been a problem if a day and a half wasn’t stolen from me by the leak. Now I’m writing this while waiting on QA to look over my work. I have Monday and Tuesday off next week, so hopefully the four day weekend helps me recharge.

[Image: petrov.png]

Code:

birb

Code:
5. Written, 3 TPE, Mysterious Person 150 words min
Make up an important character from SHL history. Tell me their name, what their job was, and why they’re important. Maybe they were an eccentric team owner? An agent that represented half the league? Heck, make it a real person from SHL history if you want! I’m always down to hear cool old SHL stories!

While many people are well aware of the playing career of Mike Izzy, very few SHL fans are aware that Izzy was a prolific serial killer throughout Western Canada during his 20 year playing career. It was only after his playing career ended and a huge Calgary Dragons fan and Calgary detective accidentally mixed his game used Izzy mouth guard with other evidence that DNA evidence revealed that Mike Izzy murdered well over 100 people. SHL Head Office was quick to sweep all of this under the rug, not for the sake of Izzy’s personal reputation, but because Izzy was a celebrated character in the league for so long while secretly being human scum. Izzy was known to force feed his victims chicken parms to the point of asphyxiation. In a shocking twist, Izzy’s current whereabouts are unknown, but it is believed he is now located in rural Russia, where his values more closely align with the local culture.

Code:
6. Written, 3 TPE, New Stat (150 words min.)
I work for the FHM dev team and I’m giving you, sweet user, the ability to add any stat you want to our player build system. Footwork? Sure! Stink level? Why not! Stomach capacity? Ok… I guess so! Tell me what stat you want to add, and how you imagine it’ll affect the sim.

The newest attribute being added to FHM Is called “Possession”. Possession is an attribute that will coexist with Dangling, Offensive Read, Strength, and Balance to determine how well a player is able to hold on to the puck. Adding an extra attribute to the offensive side of the game will add to player build diversity and give players more choices for building the exact type of player they want. A high Possession will allow Power Forwards and other Grinders to ward off defenders and keep control of the puck in corners. It will also allow those types of players, as well as speedsters, to get around defenseman and hold onto the puck on the rush. To help players analyze how well they are maintaining control of the puck, possession stats are going to be added into the postgame summary. Adding more value to different types of players will help shake up the meta and allow for greater player agency in creating the type of player they want.

Code:
Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 12 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.

Milestones

[Image: BirdmanSHL.gif]

Jean-François Bokassa
Armada

Proud Father of Johnny Wagner-Svenson

[Image: unknown.png]
Sven Svenson Career Stats

Sweden Raptors pride
(This post was last modified: 07-02-2022, 08:06 AM by Inf1d3l. Edited 6 times in total.)

Milestone TPE +1 TPE

Quote:1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

VW: Whiskey

Quote:3. Written, 3 TPE, Four Star (150 words min.)
Tell me what each of the four stars on the Four Star Cup stands for! Some will say it’s for each of the four divisions in the SMJHL, but you and I know better! What four things are embodied in the SMJHL’s greatest trophy?

So the first star is for Toughness. Without a strong mental and physical focus, winning the cup is impossible., One must be strong mentally, as well as physically to succeed in aspects in a league such as the SMJHL. Without the ability to be tough in both ways, you are destined to fail.

The second is for Teamwork. You may be an amazing player yourself, but without the support of your teammates, the communication, the effort they put into the game and the team alongside you, winning would be nothing more than a pip dream for everyone involved.

The third star is for Class. One must compose themselves in a manner that is positive. One cannot act a fool in a league such as this an expect to make it far in their career, in the juniors or the majors.

The fourth star is for ignoring the first three. Go out there and kick ass and take names, fuck what anyone else says!

Quote:22. Written / Graphic, 3 TPE, Gone Viral (150 words min.)
Your player unexpectedly has a video go viral on social media. Why? Does it make your player look good? Does it make them look bad? What happened and why was someone filming you to begin with? ALTERNATIVELY for a graphic task, show me your player being filmed in their viral moment.

With the amount of training and work that goes into Stan Din'desque's work off the ice, it's no surprise that he has a following on his Twitch channel and in the Apex Legends community. Playing with a strong competitive focus, Stan has become quite the force in the Apex Legends circle. Playing with other SHLers like Lord Farquaads, Sébastien Dubois, Zayne Dangle, and Jonathon Hagan, as well as retired SHLer Malach Skoda, there is a strong SHL to Apex connection throughout.

With around 103,000 followers and many subscribers, Stan competes at the highest level in Apex Legends, and is a whiz with Fuse, Seer, and Loba as his main legends to play as. He is entertaining to watch with a shotgun, as he misses a ton of shots at any level, though his accuracy with LMGs and Assault rifles makes up for it. He also donates all his subscription and bits money to charities affecting dog rescues around the country, which makes his popularity even higher.

Quote:17. Written, 3 TPE, A Few Of Your Favourite Things (150 words min.)
Last season I asked why you chose your IIHF country, and this is somewhat similar but I’m specifically asking for non-hockey reasons now. What are some of your favourite things about the country your player is from? Are there special sights? Cities? Maybe it’s food? All of the above? Do a little research on the country and tell me what you like!

Now, this is a really good reason to highlight why Czechia is Bestia in the end. Czechia has a super rich historic factor to the country, reaching back as far as roughly year 870- when the Dutchy of Bohemia was founded, the roots of the Czech Republic. Parto f the Roman empire, it has evolved a lot, but the architecture of the country has remained beautiful. The historic center of Prague may be one of the most beautiful cities to witness in the world, and easily accessable.

Beyond that, Czech beer originated in the year 993 and has been a staple of the country ever since, with a strong focus on pilsner style beers, paired with many dishes of pork, beef, and chicken. Czech desserts tend to lean with many fruit pastries and whipped creams, which are light and delicious. Finally, the wine scene in the Czech Republic is almost exclusively in the southwestern Moravian part of the country and has been nearly as long as beer, if not longer, and is a must visit.

Quote:2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.

a . The Panthers team coming into these Finals are hungrier and ready to show why they are the best in the league. Tampa comes in as a dark horse underdog, but I believe their luck has run out. The Panthers will snuff the Barracuda out in these Finals, and Tampa Bay will be happy to not get swept.

b. The answer to this is easy, depth. Where the Tampa forwards have been on fire on the top two lines, the Panthers entire team has been contributing at a much more consistent level. If Tampa is required to rely on just the top two forward lines, they will be quickly overwhelmed in other aspects in these Finals

d. The fact Tampa is required to block more shots will hurt them in these Finals. The more shots you need to block, the less offense you're on and the more opportunity you are giving the opponent to attack you. Unless Tampa can completely shift the focus of their game to pure offense and less having to defend and block, then the series is already decided for LA

(This post was last modified: 06-30-2022, 05:08 PM by leafs1997. Edited 3 times in total.)

1. 1+ TPE
hello

2. 4 TPE
a) I will take LAP to win the S65 Challenge Cup. Taking a look at the regular season stats, it is actually quite even between LAP and TBB, when looking at GF, GA, etc. TBB's away record isn't as great though and considering they'll need to win some away games to actually win the Finals, I'll say LAP takes it.
b) If you are LAP and you are forced to go up against TBB's power house forwards, I think the best way to mitigate their scoring opportunities is to match your best defensemen and defensive forwards against them. I honestly don't know which lines that would be for LAP, but you go with whichever lines are best defensively. Hopefully those lines aren't their best offensive lines as well, cause then you'll be wasting your time playing defense instead of focusing on offense.
c) If you're TBB and have to somehow stop LA's top D pairing, you need to try everything. One, give them a challenge every time they step on the ice. They WILL make mistakes at some point. Be ready to pounce on them. Sure, they might be killing it so far, but a series can be quite different from previous ones. Secondly, the rest of your team needs to step up. Doesn't matter if you're playing a few minutes only, make them count! Get a big hit, get a big goal, get a big anything!
d) I'd say its a bit of both for TBB. It definitely seems like they're having more opportunities to block shots, but hey, they're not letting that stop them! Either way, this should be useful in the Finals. If they control the play, they'll end up blocking less shots, since there are less against to begin with. If they struggle to control possession, then they're well prepared. Whatever the reason, this isn't a negative.

6. 3 TPE
Hmm this would be interesting for sure. If we're adding an attribute to the player build system, I think we got to add "agitation". Sure, we have "fighting", "aggression", and "bravery", but those don't really capture a player's ability to piss off opponents. Why would I want this to be the new stat? Malik loves pissing people off, whether for fun or for real. For fun, it includes his NOLA teammate, Valterri Kauppinen. For real, any of his opponents. With this in the sim, I think we'll see more fighting, since pissed off people love to fight. Also, we could see more drawn penalties from teams that have high "agitation" players. Maybe we'll see the 2nd coming of Brad Marchand with someone starting off as a pure agitator and then somehow miraculously developing into a solid point getter and true difference maker. Either way, it'd be interesting to see how this additional "mental" stat would affect the sim and how teams play the game.

7. 3 TPE
+3 TPE - S65 Milestones

22. 3 TPE
It has finally happened! Finally, Vlastislav Malik has shown the world how to really prank someone! That someone being Valterri Kauppinen, his fellow annoying NOLA teammate and linemate. Honestly, this has been a long time coming. Malik has been pranking Kauppinen for years. And he's posted some videos of his pranks as well, but most have been for the eyes and ears of his fellow NOLA teammates, coaches, staff, and friends. Now, the world gets to see! This will most definitely display Malik in a positive light, cause its a prank bro! And plus, who doesn't want to see Kauppinen get pranked? I mean, sure he's a good player and a solid linemate, but he's annoying! How? He just is. This one wasn't even that crazy to be honest, it was just some chewed up gum in his gloves, gatorade in his socks, inverted jersey, helmet swapped out for a tiny one, etc. I guess you just gotta keep at it and you'll go viral one day!

23. 2 TPE
Appreciate this prompt! I'm doing fairly well. Recently graduated, working full-time now. Playing in a couple ball hockey leagues, just trying to be more active. My cat is now 1y old (we've had him for 10+ months at this point). He's doing great! I especially love him seeing his face behind our front door whenever we're coming back home (the door has some glass bits, so you can see his cute little face staring at us, waiting to explore the outdoors as soon as we open the door). This guy is very explorative. He'll be sleeping and be like, screw sleep, if he hears the door open or someone make some noise. Gotta explore everything!

[Image: leafs1997.gif]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] [Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: QtEp67y.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-30-2022, 11:54 PM by TacocaT 2. Edited 1 time in total.)

1. hi

SMJHL MIlestones - 2 TPE
(This post was last modified: 07-01-2022, 08:52 AM by Chris-McZehrl. Edited 1 time in total.)

Kopitar

S65 SMJHL Milestones claim link

[Image: McZehrl.png]

Challenge Cup Wins:
S18 - Riot Seattle Riot (with Chris McZehrl)*
S23 - Wolfpack New England Wolfpack (with Chris McZehrl)*
S27 - Dragons Calgary Dragons (with VLAD McZehrl)
S34 - Rage Manhattan Rage (with VLAD McZehrl)
S37 - Jets Winnipeg Jets (with VLAD McZehrl)
S46 - Stampede Buffalo Stampede (with GOD McZehrl)*

*first ever Challenge Cup of Franchise History

Four Star Cup Wins:
S24 - Whalers Vancouver Whalers (with VLAD McZehrl)
S39 - Scarecrows St. Louis Scarecrows (with GOD McZehrl)

SHL Hall of Fame Members:
S24 - Chris McZehrl Platoon Panthers Dragons Riot Wolfpack *
(GP: 764 | G: 322 | A: 461 | P: 783 | +/-: +109)
S40 - VLAD McZehrl Dragons Riot Rage Stampede Jets Wolfpack *
(GP: 653 | G: 333 | A: 361 | P: 694 | +/-: +141)

*1st Ballot Hall of Famer

small note: GOD McZehrl played at first as Defender and later as Forward!
(This post was last modified: 07-01-2022, 09:29 AM by GCool. Edited 7 times in total.)

Code:

Verification Word: poop

Code:
c. L.A.’s D pair of Kierkegaard and Kahnwald are maintaining a shocking 2 more GF/60 than GA/60, despite playing more than 21 minutes a game including PK time. If you’re Tampa Bay how do you get around these two? Hope to outlast them in endurance, or look to more depth scoring? 

a. LAP is definitely the team to pick. No knock to Tampa Bay, but they had a much easier run to get to the Finals. They have not been tested by a powerhouse like the Panthers were routinely tested throughout the regular season and playoffs. I would look for the depth of LA to show as it might have not in the regular season, because that's how FHM decides playoff games sometimes.
b. I think the play is honestly to not try to focus that line. The LA top line is not necessarily full of slouches; looking down both rosters, if LA can even come close to cancelling out that production by maintaining phyiscal pressure and somehow limiting their offensive minutes, they will more than make up for the lack of scoring on their lower lines.
c. Tampa would also have to look at depth pieces; sort of the same issue as LA against TBB's top forwards. There's no way to stop Kierkegaard and Kahnwald, they are scoring at an alarming rate. Maintain the forecheck and develop pressure inside so they can't cheat up and get shots, for sure, but also simply limit their time on the ice with depth scoring and special teams.
d. While it's certainly a bit of both, I want to side with the former because they are the Eastern Conference Champions. If they were just having possession problems, I would find it hard to believe that they got through three playoff series against fairly formidable teams all while the team managed to stand on their heads in the defensive zone. Some teams just maintain that style, and TBB is a team of heart. They have a lot of players that start the game with full intention to grind down the opposition, and they grinded down an entire conference.

Code:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your CW submission. This is done because the person who grades CW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

Milestones

Code:
16. Written, 2 TPE, Just Like Back Home (100 words min.)
Choose a dish from your IIHF federation and tell me about it! Does your player make it? A member of their family? What’s special about it to you?

Donair's favorite dish is a cheeseburger. He's not the most Russian on the IIHF team, that's for sure. But his mother, who is originally from Russia, does enjoy making John and his hockey friends pirozkhis, which are basically meat pies you can hold in your hand (similar to a turnover). Donair's mother would go to the local butcher and pick out whatever meats looked good, and then make her signature dough before filling the pies with minced meat and rice. The sauce usually depends on the meat, but Donair always goes for the spicy stuff and dips the pirozkhis in it - definitely an American flourish on top of the Russian tradition, which is a good way to describe Donair himself!

Code:
Congratulations, procrastinator!  Through your terrible time management skills, you’ve unlocked a special task! [TEAM] has won it all! Were the playoffs as you expected this year, or were there some surprises? Did anything stand out to you about this season’s final series?

We won the Challenge Cup! I still can't believe it, honestly. So much hard work went into my own player as well as the rest of the players of the S56 gang. After the first couple of rounds I was expecting it to all come crashing down, to be honest -- I mean, 8 straight wins to start? A double sweep? Too good to be true. Our goalie just stood on his head and, despite the regular season consisting of my regular contributions, it was really the depth of the entire lineup that won us all those games. I managed to pick up scoring a little bit in the conference finals, but yeah. It was a true team effort. What stood out to me was how difficult a path we had; once we got to the Cup, it felt like we did all of the really hard work already.

Code:
Instead of asking you about other people this season, I figured I’d ask about you! How are you feeling? Take a couple of minutes to write about what’s going on in your life and how you’re feeling lately. I think taking the time to write things down helps me appreciate or understand them better, so maybe this could help you! Or you can just rant about your cat annoying you for 100 words and collect 2 TPE. I guess that works too.

I've been alright! Winning the Cup was a surprisingly emotional experience, after all of the years I've put into playing this game and being with my teammates. I've been in and around this stuff since S23, so yeah. Very great moment. Besides that I'm still playing a lot of disc golf, I'm moving up the amateur ranks and am consistently among the top finishers in my club. Raising my daughter at the same time while working from home on a LOT of code has been challenging at times, as far as keeping a balance - but I wouldn't have it any other way. I'm better when I'm busy!

+3 TPE - milestones

[Image: zayn.png?ex=65e9b101&is=65d73c01&hm=c0f0...y=lossless]
Kyle Sux Lmap

J ho cw pass

[Image: FJPVyys.png]