Create Account

(GRADED)Deep Dive #2 -- Tom Holberg Draft Preview.
(This post was last modified: 06-26-2022, 10:22 AM by CptSquall. Edited 1 time in total.)

Selected off of waivers by the Anchorage Armada, Tom Holberg is a young player with a lot of potential. He is a strong skater with good speed and agility. He has good puck handling skills and is able to make plays at high speeds. He is also a good shooter with a quick release.

After speaking with his agent, Tom was in disbelief when he saw his name on the list of players who had been selected off of waivers. He had not even played for a professional team in Norway yet and he was already being given a chance to play for a team in the SMJHL. He was ecstatic and couldn't wait to get on the ice and show his new team what he could do.

With the pending SHL draft, we caught up with Tom recently and asked him to do an interview so that people could get to know him a little better before the draft.

Here’s what he had to say about growing up:

“When I was younger, I always loved watching hockey. My dad would take me to see the local team play and I was always in awe of the players and how they could skate so fast and hit the puck so hard. I wanted to play, but my dad always said I was too small and that I should wait until I was a bit older. So, I waited.

I started playing hockey when I was 14 and I haven't looked back since. I quickly fell in love with the sport and the feeling of being on the ice. I loved the speed, the physicality, and the camaraderie of being on a team. I worked hard and quickly became one of the best players on my team.

Now, I am a professional hockey player and I have the opportunity to play the sport I love for a living. I am grateful that I didn't start playing sooner, because it has given me the drive and determination to be the best player I can be.”

He also had this to say about the upcoming SHL draft:

“I can't believe it! I'm going to be drafted to play hockey for a professional team! I've worked so hard to get to this point and it's all paying off. I'm so excited to start this new chapter in my life and see where it takes me. I can't wait to get out on the ice and show everyone what I can do. This is going to be great!”

When asked what teams he would like to play for he said:

“Fan culture is so important to me. Hamilton, Buffalo, and Seattle all seem like great places to play because they all have an awesome fan culture. Hamilton is a great city for hockey because the fans are really passionate about the sport. Buffalo is also a great city for hockey because the fans are very supportive of the team. Seattle is another great city for hockey because the fans are really into the game and the atmosphere is electric."

When asked about transitioning to the North American game, here’s what Tom had to say:

“It was tough at first. I went to the rink and skated around for a while, then I decided I needed to work on shooting the puck. Goalies here are just better. I practiced for a few extra hours after team training was over. The next day, I did the same thing. I practiced for a few hours every day after team training and started to see a real difference in my game towards the end of the season.”

[Image: cd6sM5U.gif]
arigato to everyone for the dope sigs <3

| Updates | Player Page |

Approved, +5 TPE to @Sleepy

[Image: CptSquall.gif]