Create Account

S65 SMJHL Championship Week
(This post was last modified: 07-01-2022, 09:08 AM by MN_Moosey. Edited 5 times in total.)

PBE Affiliate - 3 TPE

SMJHL Milestones - 2 TPE

Code:
Task #6 - 3 TPE
Make a dream team of players from the two teams in the four star cup finals (3F, 2D, 1G), and give a small explanation for each pick. Alternatively, make a graphic displaying your dream team.

Oh yeah my dream team. The finals luckily has two of the strongest teams (with some pretty great names to boot) so building a roster should not be too difficult.
Center - Valters Denisova
You need a solid center on any team. It is the second most important position behind the net minder. Valters can do a little bit of everything. He is especially strong on the penalty kill and makes his presence known on the ice.
Left Wing - Ivan Lacksamus
Everyone saw this coming. Lacksamus is a pure goal scorer and lead the league in points and goals. He is the Ovechkin of this line rocking the left wing.
Right Wing - Matsmith Soderberg-Tremblay
This was a tough one to decide since wingers can reasonably play either side of the circle. MST is a strong winger who will throw the body around. You need a guy who is not afraid to hit the boards on the team.
Left Defense - Rand al'Thor
Yeah this guy is the pick. He is the prototypical quarterback defender who just dishes out assists to his teammates. He lead his team in points for a reason.
Right Defense - Kayden King
Outside of al'Thor there are not many outstanding defensemen on these teams. King is strong because of his reliability on the ice. He even beats out his teammate on Corsi For % which says a lot about his well rounded game.
Goalie - Nina Tucker
Absolute monster between the pipes. She had 8 shutouts this season while posting a GAA just above 2. Complete monster.

Code:
Task #10 - 3 TPE
So your team got eliminated these playoffs, and have to look forward to next season where hopefully things go differently. What does your team have to be excited about for next season, where they'll have another go at the coveted 4-star cup?

Well we missed the playoffs by just a few points. The middle of the division is very tight but we have some things to look forward to heading into the future. The biggest one is the release of the cap on our god king of a goalie BASE PACK. We lost a lot of close games down the stretch and having a solid wall behind us will be huge. In fact, all of our S65 players will be able to shoot up talent wise. Two of our top point getters will be throwing around more TPE than you can imagine (within the limits of the cap of course) and all that means is a godly first line center and solid number one defenseman. What does this mean for my player? Well I am gonna be approaching the first cap and will likely see an increase in ice time. The goal is to keep improving on the defensive side and shut down these hot shot goal scorers.

Code:
Task #12 - 3 TPE
Write a pre-draft scout report on your player from the perspective of a journalist covering the prospects of the S66 SHL draft class. What do possible SHL suitors have to be excited (or perhaps wary?) about when it comes to potentially drafting your player?

Julian Eaglesong is a professional hockey center prospect currently playing for the Carolina Kraken of the Simulation Major Junior Hockey League. He stands 6 foot 1 inch tall and weighs in at 220 pounds. Eaglesong is a big body center in a smaller frame. He has shown that he is not afraid to throw his body around the ice but that comes with a hefty drawback. Eaglesong has taken a lot of penalties early into his professional career. While that is coachable, it does show some concern as to what type of player he may be. Teams will want to instill greater discipline in the young forward in order to keep arguably the best penalty killer on the ice. His defensive skills are top notch and he has great instincts that he can draw on when faced with an offensive rush. There is potential for some scoring to develop. With his physical play style, he could become a net front menace on the second powerplay.

Code:
Task #13 - 1-3 TPE
Answer up to 3 of these prompts, each one being worth 1 TPE for 50+ words each.
A. Which player from either team has the best name in this series (just the name itself, nothing to do with the player themselves).
B.  You're in another timeline where Nevada and Quebec are the two cup finalists. What went right for them in this timeline's playoffs compared to ours where they lost in the semi finals?
C. We've been talking about the playoffs, but it's performance throughout the season that helped get our finalists into the playoffs. Who was the key player to success for either team (or both) during the regular season and why?

A. I am gonna be honest, some of these names this season are just mid at best. Most are normal people names and not a stupid out of pocket pun. The only real pun (at least that I understand) is Holden Steady and its alright. I guess my favorite is Bnana NWaffles just because the it is a food name and I enjoy waffles.
B. I guess for Quebec the thing that would have to go right is Detroit having an absolute meltdown. They were the best team by far this season with Quebec right behind them. Both teams got through their first series with ease but coming together as the two highest point getter teams in the league should have ended up being an insane back and forth series.

[Image: 3MtyuZk.gif]
[Image: dAxJaBU.gif]
(This post was last modified: 06-27-2022, 06:13 PM by narb111. Edited 2 times in total.)

Task #3
For our fan appreciation day, the Carolina Kraken are going to give out a poster of the entire team to every fan that walks into the building. As an added incentive to attend and bonus for the fans, some of the posters will be selected to be signed by various players, and a few of the whole team, and then randomly given out to fans. This way, fans will be encouraged to bring extra friends and family to increase their chances to get one of these signed posters, but everyone gets to walk away with at least something to show our appreciation.

Task #5
Hockey is one of, if not the greatest, sports on the planet. It provides a great outlet for kids to get energy and emotion out while still respecting each other at the end of the day. But one of the greatest barriers to overcome for entering the game is the cost of equipment. A kid is lucky to spend less than a grand for everything he or she needs to get prepped for a full speed game. Because of this, Torsten Eriksen is launching both a Go Fund Me and a hand-me-down drive to raise money and obtain old, unwanted equipment so that kids can have access to the game. He’s donated money for organizations supporting youth hockey while showing up for a few free lessons to various teams, while also pledging to provide every youth hockey team in his area with all the pucks they may need for practice and games. Hockey is for everyone, and Eriksen is trying to make that statement a reality.

Task #6
My dream team of players in this series is as follows:
-       Ivan Lackasmus (LW, Detroit): A clear pick for a team of the best players in the finals, as the leading goal scorer in the regular season with 94 points.  
-       Mrs. McSaves (C, Detroit): A very solid two way center, able to put the puck in the net with 33 goals on the regular season while still playing a solid defensive game with a +75 rating.
-       Matsmith Soderberg-Tremblay (RW, Newfoundland): An accurate shooter who can still dish the puck, Soderberg-Tremblay adds a strong offensive presence to support two dominate forwards on his line.
-       Rand al’Thor (LD, Newfoundland): Clear decision as the league leader in assists and points for defenseman, able to give crisp passes to his forwards while still able to take shots from the point.
-       Holden Steady (RD, Detroit): Another great shot from the point while able to play a tight defensive game to allow the rest of the team in front of him to get creative with the puck without having to worry about a breakaway.
-       Nina Tucker (G, Newfoundland): Absolutely lights out, with a 0.913 save percentage on 1312 shots in the regular season, you know you’ve got a solid last line of defense against pucks in the net.
-        
Task #8
This season was an interesting one for Eriksen. Having joined the league well after the draft, there was a lot of uncertainty about how the career would unfold in entering free agency and where this journey would take him. He ended up on a great team in Carolina where he really felt he fit in. He felt he did well offensively in his first season, putting up 12 goals and 13 assists for 25 points in total. However, it seems he fell apart defensively, which isn’t great as a defenseman. His 25 points could not save the 53 goals allowed while he was on the ice, finishing with an abysmal -28 rating on the season. While he felt comfortable in the locker room and was able to find a solid place to build his game, he’s got to work on keeping the puck and not giving it away while shutting down opponents on the ice more effectively.

Task #11
Eriksen has a few plans for this offseason. First and foremost on his agenda is going back home to Norway and spending some time with his family, as he hasn’t seen them in far too long. From there, he plans on hitting the links as much as possible to get some sun and have a good time on the golf course with some friends and teammates. And of course, he can’t forget a solid week at the beach to unwind. After a much-needed period of rest and relaxation, it’s time to hit the ice again. He’s going to spend a lot of time working on his skating and edge work to be better prepared for the next season, while also running lots of puckhandling drills to avoid having so many giveaways in the next season. While he didn’t have a poor season by any means, Eriksen is ready to take his game to the next level in this upcoming season.

Task #13
A.) By far the best name of any player in this series has to be Bnana NWaffles, a right winger for the Detroit Falcons. He’s got the name of a breakfast for champions, and considering he’s on the cusp of winning a championship, I’m sure he’s eating lots of his namesake.
C.) The biggest key to Detroit’s dominant regular season had to be their offensive production, led by left winger Ivan Lacksamus. With 46 goals and 48 assists combining for a league leading 94 points, Lacksamus provided Detroit the opportunity to annihilate their opposition. While the team likely would have still been very successful even without this impressive performance, it certainly put them in a whole new echelon.

Should total to 16 TPE exactly, let me know if I'm mistaken!

[Image: I1sSxD7.gif]

cw pass

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway
(This post was last modified: 06-28-2022, 01:08 AM by jeffie43. Edited 5 times in total.)

Code:
Task #1 - 3 TPE
If you weren't playing for your current team, which team would you most like to be playing for in the playoffs.  Explain why you chose that team and how you think you'd slot into their roster.  Would your player make a big impact on the team?  Would you improve their chances of winning a cup? 
Requirements:  150+ words.

The Newfoundland Berserkers need Edward Elric because of his ability to lead and motivate the team. He is a strong and athletic individual who is not afraid of hard work, and he would be able to instill that work ethic in his teammates. Edward Elric is also a very composed individual, which would be helpful in keeping the team calm and focused during games. Edward Elric is a natural leader and motivator, and his experience as a hockey goaltender would serve him well in leading the Newfoundland Berserkers. He is a strong and athletic individual who is not afraid of hard work, and he would be able to instill that work ethic in his teammates. Elric is also a very composed individual, which would be helpful in keeping the team calm and focused during games. As a hockey goaltender, Edward Elric has the experience and knowledge to lead any team to victory. He knows how to motivate his teammates and keep them focused during the game. Elric is also a very athletic individual who is not afraid of hard work. His work ethic would be an asset to any team.

Code:
Task #3 - 2 TPE
Your team is giving back to their supporters by holding a fan appreciation day for one of their games, where the team will hand out a special commemorative item to show thanks for their continued support of the franchise. You have been tasked to design the product to be given out to the attendees (can be a rally towel, foam finger, bobble head, etc.)
Requirements:
- WRITTEN: Write a 100 word blurb about the item, including details on during which game was / will be given out.

The Anchorage Armada are giving away free jerseys to the first 1,000 fans at their first home game next season! Be sure to get there early to snag one! The jerseys the Anchorage Armada are giving away are white with blue and green stripes. They have the Armada logo on the front and the player's name and number on the back. They're sure to be a hit with fans! Edward Elric is one of the most popular players on the Anchorage Armada, and fans love him for his style of play and they will more than likely want his jersey more than others'. He's always giving 100% on the ice, and fans appreciate that.

Code:
Task #5 - 3 TPE
Professional hockey players are among the luckiest members of a community, but not everyone is given the same opportunities. As such, many players are expected to give back to the community by volunteering their time and energy off the ice with various charitable organizations. Either write about a charity or event that your player helped out with, or create a flyer or invitation for your event, including team logo, a photo of your player render, and the charity/charities being supported by the event.
Requirements:
WRITTEN: 150+ words

Edward Elric has always been a big supporter of charities and giving back to the community that supports him and has his back despite the ups and downs of his rookie season. He knows it's important to give back to the community and is understanding that there are some less fortunate children who could always use a role model in their lives.

The Make-A-Wish Foundation is a charity that grants wishes to children with life-threatening illnesses. Edward Elric, a goaltender for the SHL's Anchorage Armada, has been involved with the organization for several years, since he was in the junior leagues. In his rookie season in the SMJHL, Elric helped grant the wish of a young boy named Ethan, who wanted to meet his favorite hockey player. Elric and the Armada organization arranged for Ethan to attend a game and meet Elric after the game. Elric has also helped grant other wishes for children through the Make-A-Wish Foundation, including a trip to Disney World and meeting other professional athletes.

Code:
Task #8 - 3 TPE
You just played out your very first season in the SMJHL to start a new chapter in your career. Overall, how would you say you performed in your rookie season? Did you meet expectations you set for yourself individually? What do you need to improve on for next season?
Requirements: 150+ words.

Edward Elric played well, but could've performed much better following many ups and downs. He didn't really have any expectations going into the season, so it was tough to say if he met them or not. He just wanted to prove that he could play at this level and help his team win. He need to be more consistent in net and give his team a chance to win every night. In order to improve for next season, Edward Elric should focus on increasing his save percentage and decreasing his goals against average. Additionally, he should work on his puck handling skills and becoming more comfortable playing the puck behind the net.

Code:
Task #10 - 3 TPE
So your team got eliminated these playoffs, and have to look forward to next season where hopefully things go differently. What does your team have to be excited about for next season, where they'll have another go at the coveted 4-star cup?

The Anchorage Armada are going to be making some big improvements this season. First of all, their players are going to be improving. They have a lot of young talent on their roster and they're going to be getting better and better as the season goes on. Secondly, they're going to be getting some help from the SMJHL Draft. They have a high draft pick and they're going to be able to get some good players to help them out. The Anchorage Armada have to be excited about the potential for next season. They have a young, talented team that could potentially make a deep run in the playoffs. Elric has to be excited for next season because he will have a chance to prove himself as the Armada's starting goaltender. He will also have a chance to play in front of a home crowd, as the Armada will be looking to make a massive push at the coveted 4-star cup.

Code:
Task #16 - Milestones - Up to 3 TPE
Like with the SHL, you will have the opportunity to cover up to 3/16 TPE with milestones relating to your player's performance/accolades during the season. Link your post in the Milestones thread and post your comment in your CW reply to claim.

3/3 Milestone TPE

[Image: jackkanoff.gif]

[Image: jeffiesigs.gif]
Nour is pretty hot ngl

Task #1 - 3 TPE
Currently, if I were not already playing for the Yukon Malamutes, the team who I would like to be playing for in the playoffs would be an easy decision for me. It would have to be the Newfoundland Berserkers. Now after saying that I feel like a lot of people will point fingers at me say “Well you are only picking the Newfoundland Berserkers because they are in the finals” which I would have to tell you is not true. Being from “The Rock” (AKA Newfoundland) There is no better feeling in this world than throwing on your home town threads and playing in front of a pack home town barn. Now it is also a plus that they are in the finals and winning in front of a home town crowd would also be insane. Playing at home also gives you a little more hop and go in your skating. That’s why I would have to go with the Newfoundland Berserkers to play for in the playoffs if I was not playing for my current team.

Task #16 Milestone - Up To 3 TPE
1 TPE - Here

[Image: YBmzhR5.png]
[Image: U66t7Jy.png]      Stars Malamutes LET FUCK GO Malamutes Stars       [Image: zyyvIFD.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-28-2022, 08:56 AM by WildfireMicro. Edited 1 time in total.)

PBE Affiliate PT 3 TPE

SMJHL Milestones 3 TPE 

Task 3

Sir Devoir was rather surprised that he was chosen to help design the commemorative item at Maine Timber Fan Night. However, inspired by a few bobbleheads he had as a kid, he decided to suggest bobbleheads of both current and legendary past Maine players. The bobbleheads would be in the middle of a forest like base, with a few wooden trees growing out of the base. It would also have info on the back of the Maine logo which sits behind the bobblehead itself about who the player in question was or is and thier accomplishments. The bobbleheads ended up being a huge hit at the event, and Devoir took one of himself home with him.

+2 TPE 

Task 5

Sir Devoir happens to love the city of Portland Maine and was more then happy to participate in an charity event to help underprivileged kids learn how to play hockey and ice skate. Holding it at the Maine Timber practice rink, Devoir started by showing the kids how to properly ice skate once they got proper safety equipment on. It was an interesting experience trying to help these kids as a few of them already knew how to skate but the others needed some help, and Devoir made sure that they would not fall. He even used some of his psychic abilities to help keep the kids steady as they skates until they felt like they did not need it anymore.
 Afterwards Devoir showed the kids the proper way to hold the hockey sticks and challenged a few of them to get shots past him. Of course, he went easy on them but even then there was a girl among them who showed odd a lot of potential in being a great winger.

+3 TPE 

Task 12

While we look at the goalies for the upcoming SHL Entry Draft, Sir Devoir is an interesting case. A non-human goalie from the land of the rising sun who currently plays for the Maine Timber, Devoir is an extremely polite Gallade goalie who seems to have a lot more potential then his 8-13 win loss record indicates. He does have a sub 900 save percentage with .891%, but does have two shutouts to his name. A game rating of 60 is a bit lower then what some scouts might be looking for, but he is still a rookie and did not get the minutes that his teammate Adam Rage did.

He does have an impressive amount of saves for a rookie with 596, and like we said there should be no character concerns with how polite he is. Some scouts might be concerned about not knowing what they will get with a Pokémon goalie, but we feel like he might be a late round steal in the upcoming draft like he was in the SMJHL draft.

+3 TPE 

Task 13

A: there are quite a few good names on both of these teams, but honestly the one that kind of makes chuckle is Bubba Tree. It just makes me think of a Backwoods redneck tree and for whatever reason that is just funny to me. Plus it reminds me of one of my former PBE players who was also named Bubba in Bubba Wilson. I just really think the named Bubba is funny
C: now normally I would mention the two amazing goalies for the Falcons as the key to success, but we cannot ignore Ivan Lacksamus in this regard. He had an insane 94 points and 46 goals and 48 assists. He was literally 6 away from a triple digit points season and that is absolutely incredible. He also had 66 +/- which is also absolutely insane and 13 more then the next skater below him on the team who had 43.

+2 TPE 

3+3+2+3+3+2=16 TPE total

[Image: wfm-sig.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-02-2022, 08:05 PM by Matty86. Edited 2 times in total.)

PBE Affiliate +3 TPE

3 Milestones +3 TPE

Task #3 +2 TPE 
For fan appreciation day the Maine Timber would give team branded axes to their fans. Each fan in attendance would receive an axe on their way into the arena, and post game we would slide out a replica of our opponents mascot and have an axe toss. Whoever gets their axe to stick into the mascot gets a free jersey signed by the entire team. This may not sound safe, but we here in Maine are a tough bunch, and do not let fear control us. After the axe toss all axes would be collected and re-handed out to fans as they leave the arena, so that they can use the tools to cut fire wood at their log cabin homes. 
Code:
121 words

Task #8 +3 TPE 
It feels good to have my first season in the books, but I have a lot of work to do to improve. Overall I didn't live up to the expectations I had for myself, but I think it ended up being a solid season for me personally. I reached a few milestones and had a few great games, but also felt I let the team down a few times. I need to improve my defensive skills and have more energy on the ice. I felt like a few games I was worn down and could have done better, but it was a learning experience. I'm already working to improve for next season in the minors, and being drafted to a SHL team has reignited the fire to work even harder to become the best player that I can be and help both of my teams win in the coming seasons. I'll be improving my offensive skills a bit too, as I believe that some of my passing could have been better, I didn't have a lot of giveaways, but there is always room to improve and get better. 

Code:
188 Words

Task #10 +3 TPE 
The Maine Timber didn't have the season that we had hoped for, as we didn't end up winning the championship, but it wasn't a complete loss of a year. We did have a lot of success and saw a lot of players grow and improve. We're all excited to get to work for next season and hopefully make an even deeper run into the playoffs. I believe the majority of our players will be back next season, and I'm sure we'll bring some exciting new talent into the mix in the upcoming draft as well. We have an inviting lockerroom and are always excited to add talent to our ranks. There are a few teams who finished ahead of us in the playoffs that have clear targets on their backs and we hope to be the team to knock them out in next years playoffs. Off season workouts have already begun and we're all excited and ready to go! 

Code:
159 Words

Task #14 +2 TPE (Not done)
Congratulations to the Detroit Falcons for bringing the hardware back to the motor city. They started the series hot and then fell behind but were able to rally back to win the championship. Facing a 3-1 series deficit, they rallied to win the last 3 games to finish out the series. Their signature powerful offense and equally impressive defense and goaltending dug them out of the hole and ultimately won it all for them. They're a team with solid leadership and dedicated players and that ultimately lead to their league leading stats. Congratulations to the Falcons and all of the members of their organization on a great season. We're coming for you next season! 

Code:
114 Words

+16/16 TPE
(This post was last modified: 07-03-2022, 10:07 PM by Marcul_le_depanneur. Edited 1 time in total.)

Task #3 – 2 TPE

This year, to say thank you to our fans, we held a fan appreciation day during the last home game of the regular season. We (the players) were asked to be early at the arena to meet the fan and to give back some time to them to say how grateful we are to have such an amazing fanbase.

When I was asked to design the item we would give to the fans, I was surprised as this was my first season with the team. Since I’m a big football fan, I immediately thought about the chess heads from Green Bay. Because of that, I aimed for something that the fans would be able to wear on top of their heads for the games and since one of the most distinctive features of the elks are their antlers, I decided to have portable antlers made for the fan. Those antlers are made from plastic to make them as durable and as cheap as possible.

Task #5 – 3 TPE

Since it is currently the offseason, I have more time to give to various charities. This year, I enjoyed the most when I was able to participate in a hockey tournament organised by the city.

This tournament was aimed toward the kids from the lowest incomes communities of Regina and was supported by the Elk’s, the city and the different services in our community (firefighters, policemen and health care workers).

Words can’t express how happy I was to hand out hockey gear (skates, helmets, sticks, gloves and so on) to kids who wouldn’t have access to all otherwise. Seeing the kids smile when they first put on their new hockey equipment was more then enough to reward my time helping my community.

After all the kids were outfitted, we played in the Elk’s arena. The Elk’s players were reffing those games while the firefighters, policemen and health care worker were playing with the kids. Watching them playing some pickup hockey like back when I was a kid myself at my small town outside rink filled me with joy.

Task #8 – 3 TPE

My first season in the SMJHL was full of highs and lows. On the ice, I performed way under the expectations I had set for myself. To begin with, having 16 points in all of my 66 games (0,24 ppg). Having one of the worst shooting percentages of the league (2,3%) really didn’t help me to make my stats more impressive since I just had 3 goals. I can’t say I’m really happy with my differential too (+/- 32). Individually, I guess the only thing that surprised me was that I blocked more shots that I expected with 97 blocked shots.

At least, I can say that I’m pretty proud to have been part of a team that was able to make it to the playoff.

For next season, I aim to improve my offensive production with a greater focus on my mobility. Of course, I’ll still work on my defense, especially my positioning, to avoid becoming a liability on the ice.

Task #10 – 3 TPE

For next season, I think my team and I should be excited about our future. To begin with, we were able to keep most of our core this offseason. As a result, we will be able to continue to build on what we had already going on this season while being able to add new piece to our team (either through draft, free agency, or trades). I especially am grateful that we’ll be able to retain our captain, David-Arturri Donksoi, for the next season.

While I don’t think we’ll be ready to aim for the cup this year (Detroit and Newfoundland are still in a complete league of their own), I think we should realistically expect a decent run into the playoffs (at least second round and maybe even conference finals). After making three consecutives first round exit, I think we will be able to progress farther as a team this season (I really hope we don’t turn into the Maple leaves of the SMJHL).

Task#11 – 3 TPE

For the offseason, I’ll be working back in my hometown, Boston. As I have to upgrade my accuracy (my shot power already isn’t that bad), I’ll pass a lot of time on the different mini-golf courses. I find this activity really southing, and I really enjoy being able to work on my precision in a different context. I might go to some baseball cages as well to catch balls with my chest as to upgrade my toughness. Finally, as a rookie, I’ll be watching a lot of tapes from my first season in the SMJHL as to find what my biggest weakness were and to find ways in which I can better myself.

Finally, I’ll be passing a lot of time doing barbecues with my friend and my teammates since I really enjoy getting together with other people and since I think it is primordial that we have the best chemistry possible as a team if we want to make a deep run in the playoff this year.

Task#16 – 2 TPE
+2 TPE - Task #16 - Milestones

16/16

Getting ready because there is only 364 days before the next hockey team selection   Renegades

[Image: Ggpmsvy.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-28-2022, 09:50 PM by TheGreatToeJam.)

Task #1 - 3 TPE

As much as it pains me to admit I would have to say that I would love to play for the Newfoundland Berserkers. I spent a few of my formative years in St. John's and the salty sea air calls to me once again. The rocky landscape and rustic harbors that open wide to the frigid waters of the North Atlantic, it's ominously romantic. And the bars... George Street has been painted by many-a-piss rocket and young ruffians whose stomachs have been upended, she speaks to me. I'm just not sure if my liver could handle it. That is not to mention the people that inhabit the island, passionate fails to begin to describe them. To win a championship at the Mile Once Center would be a lasting experience. As they say. if you can't beat them - join them. And Maine definitely has trouble beating them. Best of luck to Newfoundland in the finals, I guess.

Task #5 - 3 TPE

Emil Egli is anything but a selfish person. Growing up in a small isolated village in the shadows of the Swiss Alps meant growing up in a tight knit community, with a strong bond and sense of togetherness. Those small town vibes did not waver when Egli was drafted by Maine, he knew immediately that he wanted to give back to the community that gave him the oppourtunity to make a living playing the game that he loves. Egli wasted no time starting a charity to teach young Maine-iacs how to wrestle and sheer small mammals, as well as making yarn from their fur and sweaters from their yarn! When asked how this helps the community Egli replied "Uh, raising sheep and hockey is all I know. Have you ever worn a squirrel sweater? It's fantastic!" It's worth noting that nobody bothered to sign up for his first event and Emil was left to his own devices in the Maine wilderness.

Task #6 - 3 TPE

LW, Ivan Lacksamus (DET) - Easy peasy, Ivan is a no brainer for this team. The guy lead the SMJHL in points and goals and placed top ten in pretty well every other metric. I don’t know if the J has an all-star team but this guy should be the first pick.

C, Mrs. McSaves (DET) - McSaves placed third on DET in points which is enough to tie Newfoundland’s top scorer (more on him later) which is a pretty incredible feat in and of itself. They were able to pot 33 goals and 43 assist while posting an insane +75! A defensively responsible center who can score and dish it? Yes please.

RW, Eddie Creller (DET) - If he’s good enough to po 88 in 66 games he’s good enough to play on his off wing.

LD, Rand al’Thor (NL) - Rand had a record setting season for a defencemen leading not only his entire team in points but the league (at his position) as well with 76. Nuts. Without a doubt a huge reason why Newfoundland made it to the finals.

RD, Moritz Seider (DET) - If he really is Moe Seider than he’s a righty and can play on his off side. Just like Eddie.

G, Evert Jansen (DET) - 3 losses in 33 games, .915 sv%, 1.99 gaa. 

Milestones - 2 TPE

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3233316

Task #10 - 3 TPE

Losing always sucks, and it always seems to sting a little more when it happen in the playoffs. Fortunately for Maine the future seems pretty bright! WE had a near historic start to the season and at the ⅓ mark we were right below Detroit in the standings. I wont comment on the implosion that seems to have happened that sa us finish 7th overall, but it’s not all bad on the coast. Maine is losing next to no players next season and the ones that we do currently have are putting in the work. All of the rookies will be capped by, if not the start, the end of next season and we have a good number at the 425 cap as well. Maine has a really good chance at competing for a cup within the next few seasons. I’m super happy to be here and to be a part of the team that is going to contend.

Task #13 - 1-3 TPE

1. I’m going with Eddie Creller - I’m not quite sure why but I just really like it. It sounds like a classic hockey name. It also makes me think of a honey crueller and I really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really love donuts.
  2. Well Bob I gotta say that for these two teams to end up in the final they must have hockey’d a lot better than all the other teams hockey’d. I imagine they scored more goals than the other teams scored on them which allowed them to win more games than the other teams.

[Image: FG1uDPY.png][Image: QAcQptc.png]

ph

[Image: leblaVa.gif]
Shoutout to @adamantium for the sig! <3

(This post was last modified: 07-03-2022, 10:56 PM by Edgerocks1. Edited 6 times in total.)

SMJHL Milestones - 3 TPE

Task 1 - 3 TPE

If I wasn't drafted 2nd overall by Vancouver, I would be playing for the St. Louis Scarecrows. I spent a little bit of time there as a DFA, and got to know a few of the guys and enjoyed my short time there. I don't know how much I would have helped their playoff push as a rookie, but I like to think I could have wracked up a few crucial points and made a few key blocks on the way to a run. STL was already primed for a better season, but I like to think I could help or at least help them continue the good run going into the future. I likely would have been a low line winger or center for the team instead of the higher line I was given the freedom to be on in VAN.

Task 3 - 2 TPE

To show some appreciation for the fans who kept coming out to see the Whalers despite our struggles, Vancouver came out with a triple bobblehead of our top prospects who should be around and building the team for years to come. The bobblehead features 2nd overall pick Edge Rocks, fellow first round pick Benson Fiorentini, and 2nd rounder Pyotr Gallen. The trio looks primed to be the faces of the Whalers for the foreseeable future. This bobblehead was given out to every fan in attendance at the last home game of the season.

Task 8 - 3 TPE

This season wasn't the greatest either personally or for the team. We're clearly in the midst of a rebuild here in Vancouver, and as such there was really only so much I could do. I personally found it a disappointing season, not notching as many points and specifically assists as I know I'm capable of, but it was still a solid rookie season and I look to improve in any way I can for next season to hopefully help move the rebuild along. I'll continue to work on my passing as always, and I plan on working more on the physical side of my game this offseason to be better prepared for the SMJHL game. The offseason is already progressing well, and I look forward to making progress next season.

Task 10 - 3 TPE

The rebuild in Vancouver is a painful process. We made the playoffs purely on the basis of only having 3 teams in the division. Towards the end of the season we started to show some pleasing progress. The rookies started to get a feel for things and mesh with the rest of the team. There's even more reason for optimism for next season, with the rookies getting better and coming back with a season of experience after 3 going in the first round of the SHL draft, and a new SMJHL draft hopefully bringing in some more potential. With the growth of the last few draft classes, things are looking up for the Whalers, and next season we should begin to see that progress.

Task 11 - 3 TPE but claiming 2 - I thought it was the easiest to write about

I'll be spending the offseason working primarily on my physical traits - after a short vacation of course. I trust enough in my technical ability on the ice, but I want to come back next season faster, stronger, more agile... just overall physically better than ever. In addition to that, I will obviously be working on my all-around game as well, particularly using new skating ability to get open better, and working on being worth more defensively beyond blocking a few shots. A long, hard season deserves a break, but there is much work to be done to improve for next season.

3+3+2+3+3+2 = 16 TPE

[Image: YztPk3T.png]  [Image: 6by0kBi.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-30-2022, 12:15 PM by Fantobens. Edited 5 times in total.)

1. +3 tpe

This is an easy one. I’d be on the Detroit falcons. Why? A few reasons. One, they won. They are the champions, so if I was on the falcons i would be a champion too. Two, I am a homer. Love the falcons. Always a falcon. No ring for me personally this season, but being in the locker room for so many years I get to live vicariously through the current team. Three, they won. Did I say that? I am a goalie, and there is no room for goalies in Detroit so I guess i would be up in the press box, eating hot dogs or whatever. So I do not think I would have much of an effect on the outcome of the series. Really have my fingers crossed right that neither goalie gets injured. More of a coat tail kind of ride. Not a full participation kind of thing. But who knows.

3. +2 tpe

Make your way down to Prospera Place in downtown Kelowna this Thursday night. Where your Kelowna Knights will take on rivals the Vancouver Whalers. All children and the first one thousand adults will receive a “we aren’t as shitty as you!” T shirt and commemorative cup. What’s that? What did you say? The first TWO THOUSAND adults will receive the “we aren’t as shitty as you!” Memorabilia?! What?! And a free hotdog? What?! We’ll make sure to get your hands on this once in a lifetime deal! And maybe, if we are lucky, the knights will win!
GO KNIGHTS GO
GO KNIGHTS GO
GO KNIGHTS GO

5. +3 tpe

So kelowna is not a very big place. So some of the charities we have the opportunity to work with are some times very niche. One time I was asked to appear at a save the squirrels rally at waterfront park. Something about teens and adolescents shooting paint balls or air soft guns at squirrels in parks around the city. A few weeks ago they closed some of downtown to run a benefit for one of the local brewery owners, who claims, not me him, that squatch took their dog. Whatever. I get free beer. Keep an eye out kelowna! The next dog may be yours! Last night we had a bowl a thon with the elks club womens auxiliary. Those ladies can drink. Holy shit. I am still drunk I think. I was doing shots off old ladies, it was crazy. They tried to get some of us back to their club house for an after party. But it was already too much. And Edna keeps blowing up my phone.

12. +3 tpe

Casey Fantobens - Goalie - Kelowna Knights
She is a top tier prospect with the pedigree and attitude to make it in the Simulation Hockey League.
Fantastic positioning. Always a square to the puck. Any time the opposition has a high quality shot they are looking at the knights logo on her sweater.
Unparalleled lateral movement for a goalie her size at eighteen years old. Post to post in the blink of an eye.
Closes up the five hole quickly. Able to get to the ice extremely quick on low shots.
Short only 5’6” doesn’t take up much of the net, but positioning and reflexes make up for it.
Above average glove and blocker. Had an easy time with high shots but was definitely less successful.
Extreme mental fortitude. Facing a rediculous amount of shots behind a rebuilding defense made game more difficult they they should have been.
In summation, top tier talent. High end potential. High ceiling. Very high floor.

13. +2 tpe

A. Best name hands down Bnana NWaffles. They way it disrespects the banana while lifting up the waffle is a thing to behold. I don’t know. Hodor is pretty cool. Hodor. I’m sure you are going to get a lot of bubba trees and bnana. I’m sorry. What do you think the rest of his family are called? Buebrry? Cocolatecip?

C. My key player is Sam azjha for the Detroit falcons. No team will be successful without secondary scoring. And he scored so much Detroit had two first lines. Along with seider and patey on the back end. It’s are to nail down one thing. They were a train that chugged through the whole season. Almost got derailed right at the end but dared to stay on track.

16. +3 tpe

S65 milestones

[Image: Fantobens.gif]
(This post was last modified: 07-02-2022, 04:28 PM by koty_k. Edited 3 times in total.)

+3 TPE - Milestones
+3 TPE - PBE Affiliate

Code:

Code:
Task #8 - 3 TPE
You just played out your very first season in the SMJHL to start a new chapter in your career. Overall, how would you say you performed in your rookie season? Did you meet expectations you set for yourself individually? What do you need to improve on for next season?

My first season in the SMJHL was a success in my opinion. I am new to the league and it was fun just tracking my player. We made the playoffs but we lost in round 2 which was disappointing. I hope we can improve on that for next season. How my player played was a bit surprising to me. I was assuming my player would play pretty poorly but they played pretty damn well to be frank. My player posted a +26 which was very surprising to me. I thought I would be negative for sure. I blocked well over 100 shots which I am surprised that I still have my teeth or I did not miss anytime due to injury. The thing I can improve on, especially as a Center is to score more points whether it is via assist or I score the goal for myself. I have the defense locked down, but now I need to work on my offense to be a two way forward. 

Code:

Code:
Task #12 - 3 TPE
Write a pre-draft scout report on your player from the perspective of a journalist covering the prospects of the S66 SHL draft class. What do possible SHL suitors have to be excited (or perhaps wary?) about when it comes to potentially drafting your player?

There has been some speculation about my player coming into this draft. It comes from another sim league and me switching positions and I wanted to clear the air for everyone so it will not be taking in consideration for the future of my player in SHL. I told the GMs who drafted me in that league before I changed positions. They did not like it and I offered another position and they declined. I did not use the initial TPE I had to get the GM’s thoughts on what I should use it on. I thought I had an extra week before regular season games started. I apologize, I did not know that and was not notified of that. I lapsed that judgement and I apologize. I want to be a team player and enjoy each sim league that I am in. I have heard that I now have bad rep here because of that and I want to apologize to anyone who was affected by this. 

[Image: P1XRN7f.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-01-2022, 08:31 PM by .Laser. Edited 2 times in total.)

PBE PT - Laser +3 (3/16)

Milestones +3 (6/16)

Code:
Task 3 - Fan Appreciation +2 (8/16)
Graj was tasked to come up with the item that the Kelowna Knights would be handing out at their fan appreciation day, which this season fell on the game immediately following the all-star break, and while it is a bit difficult to come up with something original that hasn't been done a thousand times before, Graj did his best. He ended up creating a set of playing cards that each featured a different member of the team, including each member of the current roster as well as all time greats and Kelowna Hall of Fame members, and contracted a local printing company to pump out 1000 copies of sets to be able to hand out. It was quite popular, and the few sets left over were donated to a local children's home.

Code:
Task 8 - Expectations +3 (11/16)
Well, Graj has in fact finished his rookie season as a goaltender for the Kelowna Knights, and while it did not go exactly as he wanted it to, he still can take away some positives from his experience. For one, I got all 3 milestones TPE for the first time in my SHL career, which was quite nice. But more importantly, I made over 1300 saves in front of the goal, but allowed a 4.25 GAA and still had a .911 save percentage. In my opinion, this means that I was genuinely not a bad goalkeeper and in fact was decently good to an extent, as though I played 38 games, I faced 10th most shots in the league and my goalmate Casey Fantobens faced 6th most shots. This tells me that the defenders for the Knights were not super great, and now that I have swapped to defenseman and Casey will have all the games to himself in the net, perhaps I can help shore up the back line and let fewer shots on goal to begin with.

Code:
Task 10 - Looking Forward +3 (14/16)
I think that for the Kelowna Knights, one of the most exciting things to look forward to S66 is that they had 4 first round picks in the S66 SHL draft, and all are returning for another season where they will be maxed out to their 350 cap very early in the season. G Casey Fantobens takes over the net for himself, G turned D Graj Virrok will be able to fill a hole in the defensive side in front of the net to hopefully make less shots even make it to Casey, and forward combo Rikert Biemanns and Munko Aitmukhambetov will be able to control the front side of the ice with even more effectiveness, playing back and forth to split the opposing defenses atwain. Add to that the undoubted defensemen that will be coming into the team in the draft this offseason, and there is a lot to look forward to for us not just this next season, but for S67 as well.

Code:
Task 13-A +1 (15/16)
The best name from the Detroit Falcons has to be Bnana NWaffles. It isn't the full word for any except waffles, and is quite nonsensical while also using words easily recognizable in the English language. It makes you think about banana waffles and if you've ever had them before, and how good a waffle topped with banana might be. 10 out of 10 name.

Code:
Task 13-B  +1 (16/16)
In the alternate universe where a Nevada-Quebec finals happened, I think the key for Nevada was goalscoring prowess. In this timeline, they won each game they scored more than 2 goals, and lost the 4 games they scored exactly 2. For Quebec, it would have been winning the two overtime games they lost. If they flip those games, they go into game 6 up 3-2 and with an advantage having won 3 straight, and I think that would have made the difference.

[Image: laser.png]

[Image: Virrok.png]
Thanks to EAB and sulovien for the sigs!
(This post was last modified: 07-03-2022, 04:12 PM by CanadianDuck. Edited 5 times in total.)

Task 1: (3) Alternate realities are where worlds are similar, but have differences that change everything. In one particular reality Steven Connors was drafted into the St. Louis Scarecrows family instead of Nevada. In this reality Connors would still be a 3rd liner, but would be more of a defensive juggernaut and would have helped push the Scarecrows to the finals where they would ultimately fall to the Colorado Raptors in a thrilling 6 game series. I chose this reality because the Scarecrows are like a second home for me, and I will always have a place in my heart for my first players first home way back when I started my career as Steven Moyer. Those days were some of the most fun I have had on this amazing site and was the beginning of such an amazing run of a career that I may never get to experience again with so many amazing people.

Task 3: (2) All attendees for the final home game of the regular season for the Nevada Battleborn will receive a very special gift. Nevada has made special golden coins which will be given to all the fans to commemorate the season both the team and fans have witnessed throughout the year. Each coin is engraved with a team photo on the head side of the coin and the Battleborn logo and year engraved on the tails side. These priceless coins are just a small price compared to the amazing dedication and respect between both our players and our fans, without them the team just wouldn't be the same.

Task 8: (3) In my opinion, my first full season in the SMJHL was a success. In the 66 game season, I was able to score 12 goals and added 24 assists for a total of 36 points. This was while playing on the 3rd line, which makes it even more impressive to me. The talent I was able to show helped me get drafted 25th overall to the Calgary Dragons at the SHL draft. I am looking to get even better now that the playoffs are finished and the offseason training begins for every player. I am planning to focus on a few key areas of my game to get stronger and become a bigger factor for Nevada and eventually Calgary as well. I want to work on my defensive game as well as on my skating, but with only so much time between seasons, I have to focus more on just one area over the others.

Task 13: (2) A: Of all the players between both Detroit and Newfoundland, Bubba Tree has the best name to me. There were a few others that were pretty enjoyable to see, but Mr. Tree just had to be my favorite and it just wasn't close to any other. The name Bubba Tree just rolls off the tongue.

C: The star player for Detroit during the regular season was far and away Ivan Lacksamus. Ivan had a career defining 94 points in his 66 game campaign, 46 of which were goals that filled many highlight reels throughout the season. This performance was a key factory to the Playoff success that the Falcons would see in the future.

Task 14: (3) The SMJHL finals have come to an end, and the result was one predicted by many. Detroit overcame Newfoundland in an epic 7 game series full of epic moments and goals. The questions of why Detroit were able to win out over the Berserkers have been discussed, but now it's my turn to give my opinion on the subject. I have 3 key reasons for this outcome, first is Detroit's offensive production. In the 4 of Detroit's victories, the Falcons scored 6 or more goals in 3 of them. The scoring power was just too much for Newfoundland to endure. 2nd is the insane depth Detroit possessed, the team was so impressive all through the lineup that almost nothing could stop it or even slow it down. 3rd would have to be the tactics used by the coaching staff and management. They knew exactly what needed to be done to win it all, and deserved recognition for it.

Task 16: Milestones (3)

Total: 16/16