Create Account

S65 DFA Bounties #3 - The Future
(This post was last modified: 06-27-2022, 04:05 PM by Jayba1t. Edited 1 time in total.)

We are in the final round of the POs, and we're at our third DFA bounty of the season:
With playoff hockey going on in the league, you can feel the excitement in the air and your draft, the real start of your SMJHL career, coming closer. It makes you wonder where this could all lead to eventually..
Written Task: What are your goals in the leagues? Long term, mid term, short term; what are you hoping to accomplish with your player, or hoping to find on the teams you join. Are you looking for individual success, and maybe even a HoF induction, or will you focus on team success? (250 word min.)
Graphic Task: Create a hockeycard for your player, including at least your render, name and the logo of an SHL team you could see yourself playing for.
Reward: $500,000 for doing one of the above
Only current SMJHL Draftable Free Agents (S66 SMJHL Draftees, SHL class of S67) are eligible for this bounty.
There is no need to claim this anywhere. After grading the money should pop up in your account 'automatically'.
Deadline: Sunday, July 3rd @ 11:59pm PST

[Image: jay2233.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @High Stick King and @Maxy for the sigs!

Raptors Argonauts 
[Image: m59RPb7.png][Image: FcWmVTl.png]

Hall of Fame is always the goal, but setting that as a goal at this stage seems foolish. I find setting goals in this league to be a bit tricky. I generally don’t like to set goals this early on in my career. I prefer to get a few seasons into the SHL before thinking about setting any statistical goals. It’s hard to know how your career will go, and I think we have less control over our player’s career now.

One goal I am loosely setting for my player is to finish inside the top 10 for all time games played as a goalie. I think that is reasonably attainable, and something I should have a decent amount of control over. This will just come down to having a long enough career. I haven't actually looked into what it will take to reach this. I assume that with the 66 game seasons it should be within reach.

A broad goal I set for myself as a user is to not miss any TPE opportunities. This kind of functions as both a short and long term goal. In the short team it will get me to the 350 and 425 TPE caps as quickly as possible. I’ve got my builds ready for both, just need to earn the TPE. In the long term, more TPE means a longer career.

I also want to continue to consistently podcast with luke. I really enjoy it, and having money coming in nearly every week is great. This along with earning TPE are the two biggest things under my control that will hopefully lead to a successful player. If I keep doing these things and I get to the point where I see a milestone within reach, I should be in a decent position to take a run at whatever that might be.

[Image: RichSHL.gif]
Thanks to sulovilen for the sigs!
Adam Prpich Portal Link

Check out past episodes of Rich and Luke!

What I'm looking for in the future is wins. No one wants to be the Hall of Famer that never won a championship. I just want to be dominant, I want the team we're playing against to look at our roster and think....."shit" Hall of fame is obviously an amazing thing to be awarded but as I said without a championship does that really mean much? Records are another thing, I do want to break some records wherever i go but they don't ask how they ask how many. If I never win a championship am I going to be upset? Probably lol It's not the end of the world but I have such stupid competitiveness that i carry with me everywhere i go. 

"Winning is everything" Wrong its the only thing, Just make sure you're having fun while doing it. That being said I want to create some friendships throughout my career. I plan on staying in this league a long time and how silly would it be to not make some friendships along the way. Teamwork makes the dream work and without a positive locker room thats just not going to happen. I truly believe that if your whole team is getting along, pushing one another to be great week in and week out that it was pay off for you in the long run.

The one thing that i believe can set you and everyone else aside is winning a championship for a team thats never won it, sooo any GMS reading this right now on a team thats never won the cup, dont be afraid to take a leap of faith!

[Image: hammer_time_sig.png]

[Image: gXlAFBa.png][Image: 8CbZQAJ.png][Image: IhVx0wj.png]

My goals for the league are pretty simple, have a good career and be remembered fondly by the team and fans once I'm gone. I don't look at the juniors as a stepping stone, I want to treat this like it's the only pro hockey level I'm going to get the opportunity to play at.

Of course, the main goal is to reach the SHL, and while I treat the juniors very seriously (as serious as I can get at least) it should all be training and preparing me for the big league. I don't imagine myself having a hall of fame career, but I would love to play as many games as possible on the same team. Last career I got moved around a bunch and while I always approached each new team with optimism, it did always sting because I never like changing teams.

Team success is important to me, not because winning is everything, but I like to be on teams where I feel like the GMs are doing a reasonable job at their player and asset management. Going through stretches of ups and downs is normal, but if the team I'm on is never having any success, it's probably because something isn't being done properly.

Last time around I managed to be a bright spot on a struggling junior team that managed to turn it around, and I while I wouldn't mind that again (being captain is fun) it would be nice to have a lot of people working towards the same goal, rather than just have to feel like there isn't a point to your time in a league or on a team.

[Image: Flusso.png]
Sig by @Evil_AllBran

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]