Create Account

S66 SMJHL Early Bird PT

Recently SMJHL Insiders caught up with team scouts stationed in Ireland, and of the dozen or so that were contacted only two bothered to return the call (Assumption was that those who didn't were still passed out from the night before). The question was asked, who is Shea O'Connall and what can he bring to the SMJHL?

The first scout had no idea who we were talking about.

The second actually had an answer. Well, something close at least.

"Shea is a player I've watched a handful of times out on the community rinks near Cork. I think he plays D, mainly because I don't think he can get up the ice quickly. For what he brings to the table, or what is his X-Factor? Well... He blends in. Seriously, I forget who I'm watching and why half the time when I come out to these game. I guess that's a good thing, no mistakes and all. Ideally I would like him to do something but we'll see what other teams think of him."

With the SMJHL Draft coming up all eyes... well probably no eyes, will be on O'Connall to see if he skips across the pond. Expect a late round selection as a team decides it's better taking a warm(ish) body than passing.

@Carpy48, @sulovilen, and @Ragnar are signature gods
[Image: MaverickLegend.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png] [Image: zyyvIFD.png]
Dragonite

I would say the biggest strength of Rod Cocker (second only to his name) is that he is a very fundamentally sound defenseman. You will rarely ever find him out of position and always ready to get in the way of his cherry picking opponents. He is also a very unselfish teammate and loves to move the puck around to help generate some offense.

[Image: YZjkK9Q.png]  [Image: zmWhIQu.png]

Probably what will be Meowski's biggest strength, will be his ability to score right away at the SMJHL level. A very rare trait for forwards that he has been working on his shooting range. He wants to be an elite scorer and a power play beast from his inception. He will definitely have to work on his defensive end skills as he trains but his immediate strength will be his ability to score the puck

Code:
words 77

[Image: andyj18.gif]

[Image: andybj18.gif]

[Image: pawter_meowski.png]

PT Pass

[Image: Screenshot_87.png]

I think my player build holds less weight than my username. I mean, I am no legendary member here on the SHL but I think a lot of people remember my previous player and they know that I reached the 2k club so that is always a good way to show that I am an active and engaged member. But looking at my player build, I guess Stamina being at 15 and being told it probably isnt a good idea to have it that high would be my best strength. The league is scared and is already telling me to lower it haha

[Image: Bruins10.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic , @Ragnar and @sulovilen for the sexy Signature

The strength of Nevek Kove comes in his ability to control the puck in the defensive zone. With him, you can be sure that he will give 1000% in his own zone. He will be someone you will see on the penality kill but not really on the power play. A pure stay at home defenseman that will make your life quite hard.

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]

Axel Kirby has the skills to be a solid offensive producer, while trying to remain defensively responsible. However, while his offensive numbers are where he would like to shine, perhaps the more important thing for him is his character. Axel Kirby is a very relaxed and laid back guy, he gets along well with many people and is someone who can mesh well with his teammates in no time. The skills on the ice are important, but being able to have quality players in your team's dressing room is probably more important, and Axel Kirby brings that.

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]

I think my biggest strength is going to be my 2 way play on the ice. I can make plays on the offensive side of the ice but I am also quick to get back into my own zone and help my defenseman out. I plan to be the ultimate grinder out there. Weakness would probably be my physical play in the hitting and fighting sense. I'll throw the body around but probably not often or super effectively.

78 words

[Image: thedangazone.gif]

Sean Davies biggest strength is his mind. He has show a natural ability to read and react to the offense, allowing him to snuff out dangerous opportunities before they begin with his solid checking ability. As a skater, Davies is solid if not spectacular, although word on the street is that he plans on working to improve this part of his game throughout his career. Offensively, Davies likely won't be scoring many goals with his fairly errant shot, but his puck handling and passing should allow him to hold his own and get the puck to his teammates. Teamwork makes the dream work after all.

(This post was last modified: 07-07-2022, 01:01 PM by trella. Edited 1 time in total.)

Terry Leviathan is a center who uses his offensive instinct to drive the play and score goals. Terry is strong on his skates with solid strength and balance. Terry could use some work defensively and on his skating, but his faceoff ability is high making him valuable to defensive zone draws.

51 words

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

Main strengths of my player eh? It would be quicker to list his weaknesses but I guess you can gather round and hear this tale. His strength is impeccable, his shot release is off the charts, his aim? Don't even get me started. Positioning? Put the whole team on the ice agaisnt him and he'll still find an opening. Speed? Don't even get me started. If you want a pure bred bonafide goal scorer, he's your guy.

[Image: Bk1689.gif]
(This post was last modified: 07-08-2022, 11:22 AM by DELIRIVM.)

Lachlan Moon is a level-head goaltender. He doesn't rely on anger to get into his game. He just gets locked in and starts making save after save. The scouts have taken a notice of Lachlan's calm demeanor and have began to stand out among other goaltenders. With the draft coming up there is a chance that Lachlan will have a chance to start eventually. But there is no guarantee. But if anyone can go on to have a solid career from this class. Many think it's Moon. 

[91 words]

[Image: 2Y6XCEF.png]
[Image: Xwhw2zl.gif]
[Image: 2utoLVQ.png]

Well as you can sea I'm an otter. So you know I've got lightning fast reflexes I can bend and contort in a way no human can! I think teams are after me for my ability to hunt for fish to cut down on food costs but ill show them I'm one hell of a puck sponge while I'm at it!

[Image: il_fullxfull.2951208976_e3ir.jpg]

[Image: zFE0mSA.png] [Image: HKi05IH.png] [Image: KS8UYv9.png]

No one's slick as Gaston
No one's quick as Gaston
No one's neck's as incredibly thick as Gaston
For there's no man in town half as manly!
Perfect, a pure paragon!
You can ask any Tom, Dick or Stanley
And they'll tell you whose team they prefer to be on!