Create Account

SHL Award Nominees pt.1
(This post was last modified: 06-29-2022, 07:01 PM by Shylo_Moxii. Edited 8 times in total.)

Hello, I'm Shylo. 

I've recently gotten the opportunity to invest some time into the league. Head of SMJHL All-Star Committee, joined the budget team, being a player, making an impact in the Montreal war room, doing my own recruiting drive that somewhat turned into a flunk (no comment), but I also just got hired as an SHL Award Committee member. I get the opportunity today to offer you all the nominees for awards today, and give out both reason and congratulations to all of our members who have been given the recognition for the tremendous achievements they have this season. First and foremost I would like to congratulate the Los Angeles Panthers on their amazing season, not only that but also the amazing work the front office has done to reform that team and renew the dreams of being a championship team after being just short 2 seasons before. I would also like to congratulate Tampa on a great season and for every member apart of that team.

Today is not only a celebration of the end of another fabulous season, but also to celebrate the future. Celebrate with me the amazing work @WannabeFinn and @Patty have done as commissioners for the future of the league but also a shout out to every single member in HO department looking to share ideas of how to advance the league for the future. This includes shoutouts to @Rangerjase @Keygan @sköldpaddor @Fluw for all of the tremendous work they have done to transition us into a new era. S53 and on-forth up until S65 the past 12 seasons have been a true experience like no other and for the era to move into a glimmer of hope that the ongoing issues have been taken care of and bringing back the individualistic characters that focus on the user rather than the simulation is truly exhilarating to see. 

RON MEXICO AWARD (MVP)

Now onto the very big piece of the puzzle, I'm going to be doing this in portions, and for that where better to start at than the Most Valuable Player award instilled to be for the most valuable player to not only the league, but to his own team providing his team with a lot of spark leading the team to victory, and leading the team by example. Most critical thinking we have done was debating this (and maybe 1 or 2 other awards). It is critical that the most prestigious individual award SHL offers goes to the true most valuable player. I will start off with some honorable mentions. Colin Lambert, Burlok Sulfurgold, Liam Slate, Gudmundur Kristjansson, and Walton Stromberg. All of you were in the final deciding factor for this award, and for that I commend you all. You all did your due diligence to the league, and to produce for your team at every step of the way. Now for our first nominees

Barracuda Aleksander Kozlov 31 Goals, 56 Assists, 87 Points, +20, 95 Blocks, 131 Hits @FlappyGiraffe

How can we put this into terms? Kozlov was on FIRE. Kozlov is kicking it into high gear. Leading the team by example with not as much firepower as other teams might have. The team made the Finals of the Challenge Cup coming to fruition was nothing less than expected when you see Kozlov play the way he has. His fantastic season ends with him not being afraid to block a shot, while also committing himself to the cause with a potent punch of offense.

Stars Jimmy Larkin-Conway 37 Goals, 44 Assists, 81 Points, +13, 45 Blocks, 24 Hits @Grapehead

JLC is the typical candidate for an MVP honor in most terms. While Toronto wasn't lacking a punch Jimmy definitely led the team in production far ahead of any other team. His step up from his sophomore season to this season was also marginally better than any other season he had played in. Most notably a 35 point jump from last season, and still showing other teams if he is the only one they have to stop they still won't stop him.

Stampede Chimkin Wing 44 Goals, 41 Assists, 85 Points, +18, 54 Blocks, 86 Hits @Ragnar

I know what you are thinking (theme song Chicken Wing, Chicken Wing, Hot dog, and Balogna, Chicken and Macaroni) Just kidding. Taking just a tad step back from last year. Still showing how excellent he can be now stepping up 2 years in a row from what he was before. Leading again the team by example and carrying the team in a way. Carried the team to a Conference final only to get knocked out by Tampa themselves. Showing he is also an excellent candidate for the award.

JEFF DAR AWARD (Best 2-Way Forward)

Now moving onto forward awards more position based awards. We are now off to the Jeff Dar Award for best 2-Way player. This has been a staple type play in the league for awhile now. We all know Offense wins games, and defense wins championships this is a very key concept for these players and no doubt we are very excited for the members of this nominee list for this year. Honorable mentions Bas O'Bigbers, Igor Victory, Walton Stromberg, Marco Barengrub, and Roderic Banes. You all played a part in your franchises great seasons whether it be a successful playoff year, or a transition year for the future. We appreciate all that you do. Now for the 3 Nominees for this award.

syndicate Gudmundur Kristjansson 21 Goals, 71 Assists, 92 Points, +53, 72 Blocks, 42 Hits, 51 TA, 40 GA @Fluw

what more can we say 92 points amazing passer one of the best passers in the game. You get chef's kiss for that one. May I also say the amount of takeaways you have is purely chef's kiss as well. He was not afraid to block a shot when he needed to, his transition game from playing defense and stealing the puck to becoming the commercialized player for the SHL's dippin dots campaign with your passing was truly amazing. I would expect nothing left from one of the best.

Rage Jonathan Granstrom 25 Goals, 27 Assists, 52 Points, -16, 231 Blocks, 149 Hits, 44 TA, 39 GA @Halkohol

Manhattan Rage I could not think of a more poetic justice type of line than to say Granstrom on Manhattan Rage. Blocked anything and everything reminding me of the walrus on the geico commercial, but also landing almost 150 hits, and most of them being pancakes well here is your syrup my man. Nominee of the ages. Huge player played almost at a PPG pace some very solid work done for a team who was never gonna win it all, Granstrom definitely gave them momentum by hurting players that wouldn't let him through.

syndicate Theo Kondos 39 Goals, 46 Assists, 85 Points, +54, 44 Blocks, 161 Hits, 31 TA, 34 GA @Ohtaay

Theo recently traded from his longtime franchise Texas, moving to a team where he expectations are high with a Championship last year. He did very well, not only pummeling the body over 160 times this season, he also beefed up his goal numbers by a lot, and had a very solid year with a unleashed cannon every time he shoots the puck. Well represented award this year.

AIDAN RICHAN AWARD (Most Improved Player)

I've got time for one more on this article and I will be making another one for some of the other awards. We will now look into Aidan Richan Award for Most Improved Player. Now that we have seen some of the forward awards we will move into the excellent award that sets out to find someone who stepped up this season. Took a leap of faith maybe in a bigger role, maybe things just started to click, who knows. Most certainly a player who stood out as a big difference in production and the teams did very well for it. The 2 Honorable mentions would be Gudmundur Kristjansson, and Liam Slate. The consensus 3 is presumably very strong and shows how strong they are by stepping up into huge roles for the team. 

Stars Jimmy Conway-Larkin 37 Goals, 44 Assists, 81 Points, +13, 45 Blocks, 24 Hits @Grapehead

Given the standard that was set for him. He stepped up big time on the Power play with 13 more points than last on the special teams unit, but overall with the same amount of TOI as last year still brought in 35 more points than he did last season which is a phenomenal difference and shows he can step up, and he's only been in the league for 3 seasons. 

Forge Evil Allbran 32 Goals, 48 Assists, 80 Points, +42, 85 Blocks, 94 Hits @Evil_AllBran

Not surprising really, Evil had a jump like this from his rookie to his sophomore year, and now it's become an easy trend for him with a 29 point jump being the same amount of time on ice that he was even last year, but improved in every category you can think of. Evil shows he can step up and be a leader to bring them a championship. Allbran with this trend might possibly hit 100 points and with that status you are living the good life.

Blizzard Makrus The Tater Jager 22 Goals, 45 Assists, 67 Points, -1, 88 Blocks, 118 Hits @taterswc

Nevermind the fact he led the team from in the middle of a rebuild and got the team to playoffs, but also his 40.3 Points per season average was his best until now being from 35 points to 67 in his 4th season MASSIVE jump for a team considered in a rebuild mode. He's been fantastic for his team and for that he gets the final nominee vote for the award.

Next part and in the next article will be all about defenseman. Let's see where the rest of this journey will take us. I want to thank everyone who decided to read this and listen to me ramble and be myself a little bit. I want to also thank @RomanesEuntDomus for giving me the opportunity to do this and also to be apart of the committee myself. Please enjoy the rest of your day I will be back soon for part 2.

(1751 Words)

[Image: FR-B3jfXsAAvEaW?format=png&name=small]

Great read my man, looking forward to the rest of the articles Smile

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

Let's go JLC!!

[Image: valpix.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @Symmetrik, @Merica, @enigmatic, and @sulovilen for the sigs! 
Avi courtesy of @MN_Moosey
[Image: d9J5DHT.png]
Citadelles Switzerland Stars Blizzard 
[Image: VGl3CB4.png]
[Image: valpixpride.gif]

Congratulations to the nominees

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

So stoked!!

Forge Forge Forge

[Image: sigrotator123.gif]
 [Image: UEX4RCQ.png]  [Image: PHI-pepe2.png]  [Image: r2pSvNf.png]
Special thanks to Carpy48, Ragnar, Merica, High Stick King, Sulovilen, sothfacekilla, enigmatic and LeSizz for the signatures!

Excellent article, great read! Thank you for taking the time to write this up.

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia

S60 starting to make their mark

[Image: DqlVneu.png][Image: FVlMRDN.png][Image: q30YniK.png]

Credit to enigmatic, Merica, and tweedledunn for sigs

Super excited to be nominated, thanks for the mention here in the article!

[Image: wMFFUe4.gif]

Barracuda S56 1st Overall Barracuda

Gary Grease Career Stats: Click Here
Graphics Shop: Click Here

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  Barracuda Russia Barracuda  [Image: c8B2LE3.png]

Hell yeah! Big numbers for a guy with that TOI… going to be a big career!

[Image: Wally.png]