Create Account

Rookie interview with Anthony Dionne (2X Media)
(This post was last modified: 07-01-2022, 03:38 PM by WildfireMicro. Edited 1 time in total.)

Me: Hey guys and gals and everything in between WildfireMicro here with a Draftee Interview for the upcoming SHL Draft! I will be asking questions about how the SMJHL has been treating them and what they are looking forward to in the draft and beyond!

First of all, why don't you introduce yourself?

Anthony: Hello all! I'm Anthony Dionne @Anthique, current goalie for the St. Louis Scarecrows and waiting to get drafted to the SHL.

Me: Oh goalie life there! I am also a goalie in the draft

Anthony: Yes! We surely play against on some occasion and we are two of the best prospects

Me: Definitely. Just making sure, is Anthony your player name?

Anthony: Indeed!

Me: Ok how has St.Louis been for you? I think you all had a pretty good season

Anthony: It's been good! Great management to help the four rookie we had this season. That help us to be competitive and finish with a positive season with a 6th position overall. Some great help for the veteran to lead the team and finally win a series after some not so good seasons.

Me: Yeah it was rough for St.Louis for quite a while there

Anthony: Good thing I'm here to turn things around 

Me: Now how did you find the league?

Anthony: Impressive organisation! I'm amazed by all the person involved at different level and how things work smoothly with how many people involved. So far, all good people who only want to best for the league or for their team, even if they don't know much about hockey.

Me: No I meant discover the league in the first place lol, like find out about it. I'm putting that answer in though

Anthony: Hahaha my bad! I was searching for online leagues and I found it. I check a little bit the forum and also read some reddit post and decided to create my player!

Me: My first league was a football one that is an affiliate with this league called the ISFL and I found out about it through there. Well that was my first fourm league

Anthony: Oh nice! Not really a fan of football, but it's my first league like that. Habitually I take a NHL team so it's really not the same that only take care of one player.

Me: Did you do a lot of NHL online leagues? Like fantasy or something like that?

Anthony: It's not really fantasy. More like an alternate universe when 32 people take an NHL team with real roster (first season) and make trade like it's their team. You draft your players and all. Been doing it for like 15 years haha

Me: Ooh like an OOTP online league for hockey

Anthony: Yeah exactly!

Me: I'd honestly feel like managing a whole team by myself would burn me out, I would need someone to help

Anthony: Hahaha but we play a season like in real life so it took us a year to simulate a year. In my early days we were doing more like two or three season a year but now I prefer 1vs1.

Me: That is a lot of committment. I couldn't do that

Anthony: Yeah maybe but it's fun to have a minimum of commitment to keep your GMs. Not for everybody for sure but for those who can do it it's really nice

Me: Have any desire to join any other leagues?

Anthony: In the GM side I'm in two leagues and I'm also in the VHL but that will be it haha

Me: Ahh I see. VHL is a good league even if I don't max earn there

Anthony: Yeah me too haha so much writing to get the full TPE

Me: Alright if you were to put an expansion team somewhere where would it be

Anthony: In the SHL, where there is no team also in the SMJHL, I would say New York. There is 3 clubs in the NHL and none here. If I could take a SMJHL city I pick Quebec cause I'm from there haha

Me: Quebec is a team in the J though, Quebec City Citadelles

Anthony: Yeah I know. If I can get a SHL team that already exist I choose Quebec. But if I have to pick a new city I take New York.

Me: I see. Now what was the inspiration behind your player? Also, do they have any kind of backstory?

Anthony: My inspiration is that I always wanted to be a goalie and of course money talk, I never had the chance to buy the equipment to do it. I did it with the hockey cosom being a goalie and it was fun. For my render, I choose someone from where I live and who is a lefty like me so I had the choice between Theodore and Domingue. I choose the older one because of his performance at the NHL level.
For the backstory, I already wrote an article about it : the history of a new gem.

Me: ahh I am a righty myself so most of my players are right handers because I relate to that.

Anthony: Yeah my next player will be a righty too like myself for the same reason

Me: Anyways, how are you finding the SHL scouting?

Anthony: For scouting I don't really know haha it's really not like a real prospects but it's more important who you know and are you gonna be active. First time I experience it but I don't know if I like it haha 

Me: I understand being nervous about it. I used to do scouting and that made me nervous 

Anthony: Scouting may be fun, but for the player, you really don't know what are they thinking and if there's really a chance that they pick me

Me: which of the team brandings are your favorite if you want to say?

Anthony: Damn tough choice! If I have to say three pick, Texas - New Orleans - Chicago.

Me: I love Winnipegs as well. The SHL does have damn good branding all around

Anthony: It's insane! We have some people who are so good at branding, design, coding, etc. It's crazy haha

Me: It's the same in many other leagues. Alright now is a good time to wind this down, do you have any final words?

Anthony: Just that I've seen some mock draft and I'm flattered seeing my name early. The team that will pick me will not be disappointed because I love everything about the SHL, I love hockey and I hope I can make an impact with a team who's missing a young goalie. Thanks!

Me: you are very welcome 
Well I hope you all enjoyed that! While I don't consider this a part of the Blazing interview series and more of a general Rookie interview, I hope to bring the Blazing Interview series to the SHL soon. Thank you for reading and I hope to see you all on the ice!

[Image: wfm-sig.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

Someone draft this man

[Image: DqlVneu.png][Image: FVlMRDN.png][Image: q30YniK.png]

Credit to enigmatic, Merica, and tweedledunn for sigs

06-29-2022, 03:13 PMBy-Tor Wrote: Someone draft this man

I hope this will happen sooner than later!

Some mock draft put me at 11th, but since I'm a goalie, there's not much chance I can go higher...

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]
[Image: un22.png] [Image: 5tu6.png]

Media grader here, do you intend for this payout to be split?

(While I'm here, this is media about the draft written during the double draft media event. Make sure to mark it up as double media for when it gets graded)

[Image: scrufdaddy2.gif]
credit to Flappy, ToeDragon, and Carpy

Patriotes Stars Panthers Platoon Specters Platoon Panthers Specters Aurora Jets Usa Scarecrows

[Image: Tqabyfh.png][Image: UDyqktK.png][Image: 1DL5JDX.png]

07-01-2022, 11:24 AMScrufdaddy Wrote: Media grader here, do you intend for this payout to be split?

(While I'm here, this is media about the draft written during the double draft media event. Make sure to mark it up as double media for when it gets graded)
Yes sorry, I forgot to mark it as 2x media. Also I do want it split between us

[Image: wfm-sig.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]