Create Account

SHL Award Nominees pt.3
(This post was last modified: 07-02-2022, 11:00 AM by Shylo_Moxii. Edited 2 times in total.)

Alright now we move into the third and final article for nominations. This is probably my favorite, but also the longest. As we start Free Agency today. We are excited to see the player movement, and how teams will upgrade to move onto the next stage of winning a Challenge Cup. We now focus on the last 6 awards 3 being player individual awards, and the other 3 being user based awards. 

JOHN MCBRIDE AWARD (Best Goaltender)

To celebrate the successful stories of the backbone of each team. To the hard earned recognition defending the net. Working from juniors with growing pains feeling TPE doesn't really matter to the times of glory and honor with the production proving it was all worth it in the end. This is to the success stories of players who are the true building blocks of teams the Goaltenders. Only honorable mention being Name Redacted. 

Aurora Rebecca Montagne 54 GP, 36-14-3, 2.48 GAA, .921 Sv%, 8 Shutouts @OrbitingDeath

One of the most well rounded rookie Goaltenders of all time. Rebecca Montagne with a relatively young defensive core around him did what all thought was the impossible put his team on his back leading them to playoffs, beating NOLA, and taking Chicago the defending cup champions to 7 games with one of the most powerhouse offenses around. That's true endorsement for a John McBride Award campaign. Taking out so many teams like he never missed a beat in Juniors. He is back to the normal self he has been in the juniors and now has brought his talents to the pro level and making a name for himself. 

Barracuda Strom Chamberlain 55 GP, 37-14-1, 2.41 GAA, .922 Sv%, 4 Shutouts @Chevy

I know i'm biased, but my former General Manager has made a name for himself. Not only fundamentally sound as one of the best goalies of the FH era debuting in his rookie season S53 as the new era began, but taking huge strides to make 10 seasons over .910, 3 seasons over .920, managed to rack up 44 shutouts racking up 312 wins in his career. Still progressing with a regress still in hand. Not only have I had close relationship with the user I call friend, Great Falls family, but an inspirational user who could not be anymore of a role model goalie for any kid watching and wanting to become the best goalie in the world. Strom brought Tampa all the way into the finals, unfortunately suffering a loss but it does not take away from the true achievement he has had this season, and very deserving of this award along side Rebecca Montagne.

pride Nicolae Antonescu 54 GP, 33-17-3, 2.72 GAA, .926 Sv%, 4 Shutouts @Rancidbudgie

Also a fundamental goaltender, who signifies both dedication to his team and principal in how he plays the game. Another guy you can learn the game from very well. SFP has been running with for 8 seasons now. Who better to rely on than a guy who has never gone below .910 and has 3 seasons above .920? He solidifies SFP as a contender season in, and season out. Nicolae in principal is another standout goalie who is a great user as well. I know I don't have much if any personal talks with this user, but his reputation on and off the ice is something to shout out for. 

RYAN JESSTER AWARD (Best Rookie)

The fundamentals of the draft is every player to get to a point where they transition from kid to adult, from junior to pro, from prospect to player, from future to now. We celebrate our rookies with the Ryan Jesster Award to show the kids who have really taken off, and truly want to become the best of the best and jump ahead showing they stand alone in recognition in the league that the stars of now need to watch out as the young kids start to outshine them. Our Honorable mentions of this prestigious award Aksel Fiske, and Viktor Krunk. 

Inferno Shoyo Hinata 24 Goals, 36 Assists, 60 Points, +19, 40 Blocks, 96 Hits @Gordon Bombay

Personally had to play his ANNOYING player as a competitor in Colorado. I could imagine he would be the same way for any team. At last the competition is far from superior to Hinata even though he is quite really a rookie. Not showing up with rookie numbers could be a help especially to a team who just fell short in a Finals run just 1 season ago. Unfortunately they fell short in the second round this time, but he got valuable experience as a rookie. Enough can't be said about the stand outs performance much like he was annoying to me in the J. Seems like the future is bright and sends regret to any other team who faces him.

Aurora Rebecca Montagne 54 GP, 36-14-3, 2.48 GAA, .921 Sv%, 8 Shutouts @OrbitingDeath

If you are a nominee for another non-rookie award chances are you'll probably be a rookie nominee as well. Rebecca Montagne much as I said previously. Rebecca stood out like a brilliancy you only see once in a generation. You don't get to see top tier talent right off the bat very often, which is precisely what Rebecca did. To make it more impressive as a goalie, it is not very easy to get a sudden glimpse of the future goalie of goalies in the league, but Montagne may have prohibited any doubts left in people's minds about being something of the extreme. Winnipeg saw it from the beginning, and Rebecca is just getting started.

Aurora Jaeger Jones 11 Goals, 27 Assists, 38 Points, +15, 27 Blocks, 103 Hits @Thunder39

Double digit goals for a defenseman. Check! Becomes an easy physical player. Check! Brings in more than the average points for a defenseman. Check! Jaeger checks off all the check marks for the list. It's very hard to come by with 2 players from the same draft class become rookie phenoms and yet here we are with Jaeger and Rebecca being phenoms for Winnipeg. Jaeger Jones is indeed a player to invest into the system of Winnipeg for a championship and now doubt a top pairing bonafide defenseman of the future for Winnipeg is much deserving of an award such as this. 

ANTON RAZOV TROPHY (Playoffs MVP)

Well undoubtedly Los Angeles sent a treat to all the fans with the long drought over it is time to look at the players who stepped up in playoffs, many of whom were successful in their own rights, but we all know individual success and team success have 2 different meanings one could lead to heartbreaking losses, and the other leads to team victory in a sport where only 1 can win. Honorable mentions Jimmy Wagner, Zoltan Topalo, and Vladimir Petrov.

Panthers Olof Karsikko 20 GP, 16-4-0, 1.90 GAA, .937 Sv%, 3 Shutouts @Accka

What an amazing run for him. The most impressive goalie numbers I have seen in a very long time. It is amazing to see the exemplary play of the Challenge Cup winning team, but more importantly from the backbone of the team. The honor is mine to represent your first nomination Olof Karsikko.

Stampede  Chimkin Wing 18 GP, 12 Goals, 14 Assists, 26 Points, +12, 12 Blocks, 32 Hits @Ragnar

Another solid choice and a great nomination. Carried Buffalo to a very solid year, and for what it's worth his courageous play. He played for the team selflessly and courageously pushing his teammates to the brink making them perform at peak level to try and grasp another Challenge Cup. It was soon understood that Tampa long overpowered Buffalo, but Wing pushed it to 6 games.

Panthers Grape Fruit 20 GP, 10 Goals, 12 Assists, 22 Points, +20, 32 Blocks, 24 Hits @canes2112

Grape Fruit another solid performances of the Champions. Grape Fruit led the team pitching in 22 points of production. He solidified the offense on a elite 16-4 run to the cup. Grape Fruit defines excellence when it really counts.

Now for the user awards. Exemplary to the nature of the league. We all understand that the league isn't all roses and butterflies. We suffer growing pains, but out of the growing pains comes beauty, communities, unity, and most importantly entertainment. The relationship between user and league is one fascinating tale. One can create stories, others can create laughter, some create tension, but out of all it creates a broader spectrum of culture to us all. The nominees for these 3 awards are to reward those who give back to the league as the league gives to such users. Hard work, and dedication is of the noble cause to better the league, gain attraction, and yet still entertain themselves. We celebrate the great men, women, and everything in between. The natural society online that we have all seemed to gravitate towards and call it home. Some have been here since the beginning such as the OGs. Some came during the blooming era, and some even came in the dread and end of the STHS era. Some started in the FHM era, and some are even new. But we all in common share the same interests in one way or another.  At last we have come to my favorite part of my formidable duties to show you and honor all of our Nominees for the Award ceremony. I once again can not stress enough that you are all important, and you all take a part in this great league. Future nominations if you have any please I do indulge in bringing light to what all users do as little or as big as they do in the league.

LANCE UPPERCUT AWARD (Best General Manager)

"Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can" - Arthur Ashe. Precisely what this award is about. This for all the General Managers who gave their all to try and do the most with what they have. Negotiating terms to become better in the end. We must reward the people who do these things for their team and recognize them for their purpose and what they are. Without these people teams would not be built merely thrown together. Honorable mentions Baltimore @hhh81 @mastersheep and Toronto @Wally and @mcgriddleluver Nominations for the prestige of SHL.

Panthers @FuzzSHL and @Whitecap

Los Angeles on a brilliant run not only had an amazing season, but it was all built and thanks to Fuzz and his war room. Making it twice in the past 3 seasons to the finals, and now have finally gotten redemption for their defeat in S63. The brilliant mind of Fuzz has made it impossible to deny he built his team from scratch and is now on top of the world.

Aurora @Ace and @RashfordU

Winnipeg starting to show the glimpse of what they have built as a future dynasty is all, but waiting to find out. S62 drafting spree has turned out for celebration 2 players in the rookie nomination and one in the Best Goalie nominations? Sold that's the expertise of Ace's fantastic drafting. Finding a way to somehow spur the unfamiliar plan of having too many good players and prospects then you know what to do with. This surely gets him in for a nomination.

Blizzard @HabsFanFromOntario and @Hordle

Gloriously running up and down the S65 war room battle front. Killing it in now the past 3 drafts what could it be the next dynasty such as Winnipeg we will have to wait and see. HFFO experiencing the growing pains of losing the old core, and bringing in the absolute best prospects the SHL has to offer in the course of a few years could be a team to beat joining the maybe newly built Power 4 that could soon be happening.

JOE MCKEIL AWARD (Best Coach)

"I found out if you are going to win games, you had better be ready to adapt." - Scotty Bowman. Every once in awhile you get a dream run, every gives players all the credit, but it takes an extremely talented coach to get you to the point you want to be. Honorable mentions  Panthers Aurora  Nominees are (and I'm not going to exemplify reasonings on this one I'm not nearly as indulged in the overall team stats TPE totals and stuff like that.)

Barracuda Tampa Bay Barracuda

Steelhawks Hamilton Steelhawks

syndicate Chicago Syndicate

DAMIAN LITTLETON AWARD (Most Dedicated Member)

Now we come to this, my favorite award of them all. This award is to honor the great people who put time in to make the league as we see it today. Invested time out of life for this league. The true backend work of the league some get the brunt work, others are way easier than others, but they all have the same fundamental reasoning and it's for the league. Honorable mentions @RomanesEuntDomus @WannabeFinn @lespoils The entire FHM 8 transition team which includes Head Office Members, Ownership, and Commissioners. Now for our nominations.

@sköldpaddor 

Becoming a perennial nominee, I gotta tell ya, it's for a reason. Without a doubt more kind than most could even realize. She is endearing to bettering the league in the absolute best way possible. The shear welcoming warmth she gives off to both new and regular users a like on discord and on forum is something we all should cherish. Working in the Head Office, SMJHL GM, Rookie Mentor, an IIHF Fed Head. She like most others is a role model user for the league, and a staple for the progression of movement the league has gone through. In all my time with Jess she has been a light for many people including some who I have brought to her in the league. She has cemented herself, and her legacy in this league as one of the most influential users of the league, and we are glad to have Jess around.

@Rangerjase

Yet another influential user in the leagues movements so far. A brilliant mind to help transition into the new era of the league, and in many ways has done his fair share of work. Running the bank, a head of a couple different departments, events team, leader of the Calendar, Head Office member, and so much more. He is a key piece to the success of the league, and its endearing popularity of new rule changes. Has worked very hard as a very influential user. In all my conversations with RJ. He has always been one of good knowledge, one who wants the best for the league, and even more than that a very very charismatic member who his friendly with everyone he encounters. We are glad to have you around in the league, and lucky to have you in Head Office.

@Zoone16 

Zoone just recently stepping down from his Media head spot of something crazy over 20 seasons recently.  He's been around for an awfully long time and creator of Luca Del Vecchio, and more importantly a staple of the league Alex Light, Hall of Fame member, a 5 year member. Zoone is one of the members people like to be around. He's one I call a 3rd or 4th generation OG whenever 2016 is in that era lol. But cheers to the long time Media Head Zoone. We are all glad you are here, and very lucky to have you.

Now that those nominations are complete. I would like to encourage everyone to DM or PM us about people doing behind the scenes work that deserve shout outs. Remember just because you haven't been nominated doesn't mean you aren't a big part of the league.

Thank You to everyone who read my 3 part series of long, and maybe over long but I felt necessary to explain all the choices, media piece lol. I would like to congratulate everyone who was apart of this, and congrats on a wonderfully done season, and I will see you next year with the media pieces on Nominations!

[Image: FR-B3jfXsAAvEaW?format=png&name=small]

Note I started this at 7 PM CST and it is now 11 almost mid night so the first portion is a bit late.

LES GOOO!!

[Image: 64377_v.gif]
Whalers Whalers Whalers Panthers Panthers Panthers Panthers Panthers Panthers Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack
Finland / Germany  
Big thanks to Pythonic(first sig evah), Sloth(first LAP sig<3) and Ragnar for their sigs<3
Two time playoffs MVP and two time nominee
Triple gold club
Discord: asska

Awesome work on this series my man, especially on such short notice Smile

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

Well I’ll be damned…. A Littleton nom!

[Image: Zoone16.gif]

[Image: 9QVaMRC.png] [Image: canybyK.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

07-02-2022, 09:09 AMZoone16 Wrote: Well I’ll be damned…. A Littleton nom!
It's well deserved too. Thanks for all you do Zoone!

no COTY for Philly is wild

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

Philly gets no love. Hungry dogs run faster

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

redacted snubbed

this will not go quietly

Manhattan Rage | General Manager
[Image: sig-hlemyzd.png]
thanks Sulovilen for the sig!
D | Great Falls Grizzlies | Player Page | Update Page

[Image: 8E70VfU.png]
[Image: image.png]

07-02-2022, 12:01 PMCitizen of Adraa Wrote: redacted snubbed

this will not go quietly

Have a winning record :pepog:

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

Thank you for the kind words, and thank you to the committee for the nomination. 

Shout out to the other McBride nominees and honorable mentions.  In the era where “goalies don’t matter” can be a hotly contested debate, the performance you put up, as I have said and will continue to say, directly contradicts the former. 

You are the difference maker Smile

Nicolae is god

[Image: BrettBroadway.gif]
[Image: Hunter.png]

I appreciate the recognition even if as we mentioned I don't think I deserve it. Many teams doing great things that are showing up tangibly and oftentimes the best moves are staying with the excellent situation you have. Nonetheless, I truly do appreciate the shoutout, although if I'm being honest it's more of a bigger recognition of how great the people on my team coming up are. So thank you @blix900 @RAmenAmen @Waters @Big Newff @HoltzFan10 for having been so fantastic somebody thought I was good enough to be recognized.

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

[Image: ZGneEG5.png]

[Image: sig-hffo-atlason.jpg?ex=660efc59&is=65fc...001e3&.png]

Weirdgo

[Image: honkerrs.gif]
[Image: OPTIMIZED.png]