Create Account

(GRADED) Deep Dive #1 (For Rookie task)
(This post was last modified: 07-15-2022, 05:05 AM by Opera_Phantom. Edited 3 times in total. Edit Reason: Didnt Reach the 500 word requirement )

This deep dive is for my "Hometown" Montreal. The Montreal Patriotes, Not the greatest franchise in SHL history but I'm hoping one day I can assist in making it one of the best. The team has yet to win a championship but that doesn't reflect the hard work and dedication that the team has. Only making the playoffs one time in 5 seasons again does not reflect the team in any way, This team is riddled with talent that is going to pay off in the long run. But what makes a team great? Is it measured by championships or Hall of Famers? Not in my opinion. I think what makes a team truly great is the fans, and the dedication to hard work, which I believe Montreal is great at, Hard work! It's not an easy feat to win a championship, just about every single team that wins has to make sacrifices, Injuries, time lost with loved ones and sometimes the pain of defeat.

Montreal Doesn't have that much history in it to do the "deepest of dives" but that can change in an instance. Montreal I want to bring you a championship. I pray down the road I can be the missing piece of the puzzle and have "HAMMER" Hoisted in the rafters as a HOF member. This city is great, Montreal is what Quebec is all about. When people think about Montreal, they don't just think about poutines and speaking french, they think about what a big factor they had when hockey was an upcoming sport. Not saying that there aren't many, many other historic hockey cities but I think Montreal is on top of the list.

Going through the history of Montreal you have to give credit where credit is due. Right now one of my most favorite players on the team is Brick Wall who was awarded the Rising star award in Season sixity four, and the Stan Din'desque Leadership Award, for his leadership on and off the ice. Great leaders like Wall can really make a difference for a team, I'd like to see a player like that bring home a championship, I'd like to play with someone like that! I've been told so many great stories on Wall by scouts and It's only made me want to play with him more! Making big impact plays and keeping your cool when times are tough is half of the game.

Like I said though, Just because a team doesn't have a long history like Edmonton doesn't mean that it's not a great team, Its legacy is being written right now, in the next few seasons I'd keep a close eye on this team, If they can't make a playoff run, I'm hoping with my dedication in this league that I can help make that playoff run, It of course takes more than one player to make a difference but a good locker room presence can really make a difference with stuff like that, keeping people engaged and wanting to be apart of this can really make or break a team!

Thank you for reading

Jacques Hammer!

[Image: hammer_time_sig.png]

[Image: gXlAFBa.png][Image: 8CbZQAJ.png][Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Hey @TheHammer43 You might want to check the guidelines for the deep dive here! You're at 283 words which is 217 short of the minimum 500 count!

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

[Image: HFFO.gif]

07-06-2022, 09:37 PMHabsFanFromOntario Wrote: Hey @TheHammer43 You might want to check the guidelines for the deep dive here! You're at 283 words which is 217 short of the minimum 500 count!
Thanks for letting me know! Checked the word counter and Got it up too 521! Went a little higher just in case there were any problems!! Thanks again!!!!

07-06-2022, 10:38 PMTheHammer43 Wrote:
07-06-2022, 09:37 PMHabsFanFromOntario Wrote: Hey @TheHammer43 You might want to check the guidelines for the deep dive here! You're at 283 words which is 217 short of the minimum 500 count!
Thanks for letting me know! Checked the word counter and Got it up too 521! Went a little higher just in case there were any problems!! Thanks again!!!!

Word counter says 477 btw

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

[Image: HFFO.gif]

07-07-2022, 08:42 AMHabsFanFromOntario Wrote:
07-06-2022, 10:38 PMTheHammer43 Wrote: Thanks for letting me know! Checked the word counter and Got it up too 521! Went a little higher just in case there were any problems!! Thanks again!!!!

Word counter says 477 btw
LOL it has been brought to my attention that the word counter on this site isnt always accurate, thanks everyone for bringing this to my attention. Took this article to wordcounter.net and after the long wait i have finally passed 500 words

@TheHammer43 your submission is on hold until Deep Dives open again when preseason starts

07-08-2022, 04:41 AMOpera_Phantom Wrote: @TheHammer43 your submission is on hold until Deep Dives open again when preseason starts
Do I have to repost it?

07-09-2022, 02:35 AMTheHammer43 Wrote:
07-08-2022, 04:41 AMOpera_Phantom Wrote: @TheHammer43 your submission is on hold until Deep Dives open again when preseason starts
Do I have to repost it?

No, this one is fine, we'll let you know when it's graded

@TheHammer43 APPROVED! +5 TPE