Create Account

SMJHL 4th Lines Change Announcement

Howdy, everyone.

Tl;Dr: Starting in S66, there will no longer be a 4th line of forwards for all SMJHL teams.

We in J HO have been discussing this, and many things related to this change, for a long time now. We finally got the discussion down to the point where we felt moving to only 3 active lines was the best decision. We asked the J GMs vote on whether they wished to have no fourth lines at all or to have fourth lines comprised of bot players for stamina/realism/etc. purposes. The result was heavily in favor of no fourth lines at all. Our J GMs, J HO, and SHL HO, are currently discussing if we feel this will necessitate a change regarding starting stamina levels.

SMJHL HO has been examining any and all possible solutions to our ongoing primary two issues of 1. The current unsatisfying playoff formats and 2. The lack of active players to go around. This change is an attempt to acknowledge and work towards resolving the latter of the two issues. As has been our plan in J HO and I've said to our GMs, I will say outright that should this not assist in satisfactorily resolving our latter of the issues, we will begin preparing to contract if necessary after this season. To toss out some numbers, 4 lines of forwards and 3 defensive pairings across 14 teams leaves us with 252 roster spaces (Not including goalies). By changing this to 3 lines with 3 pairings across 14 teams we will now be cutting this down to 210 roster spaces (Again, not counting goalies). While this will increase our percentage of active players by team, I admit this does not overwhelmingly resolve the systematic problem of not a satisfactory amount of active players to go around. That is something that I believe our cooperation with the Recruitment Team given their strong leadership, and new avenues opened up for advertisement in cooperation with SHL HO, can hope to tackle. By moving to 3 lines & 3 pairings we leave ourselves better able to react to larger classes in the future with the ability to reinstate active 4th lines if necessary should larger class sizes return.

To touch back on what I said at the beginning, we have been examining seriously our options regarding contraction. We wish to avoid this situation if at all possible, but we have been examining the choices it necessitates regardless. The biggest question of all amidst these is, “How do you decide which teams to contract?”. As it stands we have multiple options. Newest teams in the league seem obvious, but we also have numbers about which teams have the least amount of active players. In addition, we must acknowledge the multiple contextual factors of each team, such as if they are in the middle of a rebuild, their historical impact, the extent of their alumni involvement, and so many more unignorable things. I hope it does not come to contraction, but should the worst come to pass, I give my word that SMJHL HO will consider any and all relevant factors to fairly determine the best path forward for the SMJHL.

I say it a lot, but I really do mean it here. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to myself or anyone else in J HO. I'm also attaching an anonymous feedback form should anyone not feel comfortable giving direct feedback or comments: https://forms.gle/Bc5tAavcEAbq6DPd6. We'll address these comments as edits as they come in to make sure people can see our responses to their concerns.

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

I think this is a welcome change, great work J HO

[Image: mikko.png?ex=65bff03f&is=65ad7b3f&hm=7f3...a5e635414&][Image: 4028.png][Image: 5431.png][Image: 5570.png][Image: 7241.png][Image: 5906.png][Image: 6149.png][Image: 7950.png]

Howdy

[Image: topalo2.png] [Image: sig-nash.png]
[Image: Rangerjasegmailcom.gif]

you wound me

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

Get rid of Colorado.

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

[Image: ZGneEG5.png]

[Image: sig-hffo-atlason.jpg?ex=660efc59&is=65fc...001e3&.png]

07-05-2022, 06:27 PMHabsFanFromOntario Wrote: Get rid of Colorado.

those are fighting words

Character Page RD- Quarterback
[Image: micool132.gif]

Retired players:
-Toki Wartooth
-Nathan Explosion btw
-Angus McFife XVIII

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

07-05-2022, 06:30 PMmicool132 Wrote:

those are fighting words

Let me dump my 400+ tpe into fighting and we'll throw down.

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

Ummm what did i do?

[Image: jumbobone19.gif]
[Image: 9tINabI.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: xc2IPJy.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: wW0VNnL.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM @sköldpaddor @Merica for the Sigs

07-05-2022, 06:34 PMHabsFanFromOntario Wrote:
07-05-2022, 06:30 PMmicool132 Wrote: those are fighting words

Let me dump my 400+ tpe into fighting and we'll throw down.

:monkaS:

Character Page RD- Quarterback
[Image: micool132.gif]

Retired players:
-Toki Wartooth
-Nathan Explosion btw
-Angus McFife XVIII

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

07-05-2022, 06:34 PMJumbobone19 Wrote:
Ummm what did i do?
Not recognize my awards as the official Colorado awards for S64 and S65 obviously

[Image: jay2233.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @High Stick King and @Maxy for the sigs!

Raptors Argonauts 
[Image: m59RPb7.png][Image: FcWmVTl.png]

07-05-2022, 06:34 PMJumbobone19 Wrote:
Ummm what did i do?

Ruggsy told me to do it, said it'd be funny.

Dang. How am I gonna explain this to notable players, Thunder Cena, Jarvis Jenkins and IP Nightly?

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤

Don't remove vancouver

[Image: izzy.PNG]

07-05-2022, 08:01 PMdmuda11 Wrote: remove vancouver
Interesting take

[Image: 65151_s.gif]

[Image: Tqabyfh.png] [Image: YztPk3T.png]

Nice leadership style. I appreciate the open communication and the willingness to look at various possible solutions. Often times decisions like this are difficult, and it's not always easy finding the best path forward. That said, I do think you're approaching it the right way. Good luck getting it sorted, and thanks for reassuring us we're in good hands. Great job! Smile

A proud member of the Season 67 [Image: 4star.png] Four Star Cup champion Maine Timber!!  Timber

[Image: swift.png]

Maine Timber Alternate Captain!  Timber

Thanks to @Merica for the sig!

- - - - - - -

[Image: popcorn.gif] If you Heart hockey  Fan Fiction, (FHM style): Click Here!